All Comments on 'Ask Me Why'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 664 Comments
Rwslacker48Rwslacker48about 21 hours ago

Another great story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

That story was nauseating. The mc was all holy of holy. The cheater turned nun pretty much. The asshole is a family man seeking forgiveness. The daughter has no issues even though both parents are dead. Your characters where to over the top, it makes it hard to connect with them. Give them real people problems with real people emotions.

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

Thanks for a great story. I wondered where it was going, and I enjoyed where it ended!! DerMtMan

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

HDK writes an interesting story. Don't think I would ever let a cheater paint me as the bad guy though. I thought he might end up with the bully cheaters wife and kid.

TittyWalkerTittyWalker20 days ago

"... dig two graves."

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

new names and a soccer distraction, doesn't really hide that this is really a different take on the February Sucks model, where some jock hits a stupid woman with a martian slut ray, and she likes it, right up to the nanosecond when she gets caught. corny dialogue, people that have no idea what their legal status is, and a bunch of lame 1960s sitcom sleeping arrangements don't fix that, even if you want to THINK it's a happy ending. She's still the same cum dumpster and he's the same cuck.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

somewhere around the middle of the 2nd page, I got lost trying to count all the changes from married, not married, divorced, not divorced, maybe married, maybe not... confusing as all hell.. and not even the husband and wife seem to actually know, in words and action, if they're still married or not. REALLY confusing.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

was a bit jarring in places, as you jumped, quickly, unexpected between locations, scenes, and characters, and you can only figure it out by backup up a bit, and figuring out what happened.. a few extra line breaks, maybe a simple '* * *' between scenes, would make this a lot easier to read straight through, without losing immersion in the story.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Love this story

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

I loved it, gave it 5 stars and thought it was a good story. I've read it a few times, and enjoy it each time. Now I just skip over the hospital scene (didn't care for it), as it seems like it was just tossed in to garner some tears,and add misery. Don't get me wrong, Chuck did get Jack to thinking about who was actually being punished. That said, I liked the soccer tornyment coverage, as I'd only heard of it in this story, but it wouldn't surprise if it happened in other states too. Thanks for sharing it with us HDK.

GrendelrexGrendelrex29 days ago

I’m a little biased when it comes to this author because I really enjoy his work. There are parts of this story that I really found intriguing, the confrontation that Jack and Laura had toward the end of the story was one. That part that I found the most intriguing was the confrontation between Jack and Chuck. If I could make a request from the author, I would love if you would have expanded on that.

26thNC26thNC29 days ago

HDK, you have not yet been insulted by the best. I’m too big of a fan to ever post an insult. A very rare “ I didn’t rally care for that story” is the worst I’ve ever given you. This is a great story to read again, and it’s a *5 because that’s the highest allowed.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal196930 days ago

Anonymous, this story is not worth getting upset about. Don't take it so literal or so personal. You have to approach these stories with different expectations, and with your pants on. It was a relationship drama based on infidelity, recovery and, in this case, reconciliation.

I thought it was well written but I wish there were some tweaks to it to make a stronger case for the happy ending and maybe extend the ending out a little to include Chuck's death, how he's helping his family and how his marriage and family are resurrected. If the party at the end was for family only, it would have been great for Laura demonstrate her love/remorse/retribution by admitting to the affair in front of everyone as the true reason for their estrangement.

Regardless, I did enjoy reading it as it was provided to us, free of charge. Thanks HDK. Quality writing, good stuff!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight30 days agoAuthor

Anonymous seems to have a bug up his ass. He wants me to apologize to the readers for being a dickless wimp. I do apologize for not deleting insulting comments by anonymous assholes. My policy is to delete as few comments as I can. I have been insulted by the best. Anonymous is never among the best and is usually among the worst. Thanks to everyone who reads, votes and comments. I appreciate it.

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyabout 1 month ago

@Anonymus "Meh. She continues to disrespect him by not taking responsibility..." Well said, I completely agree with your comment. And the disrespect seems to rub off on the adopted daughter pretty fast, as she begins to entage in conspiracies to nudge him into fulfilling her dream of being part of a family again.

So on one hand Laura is never held responsible for her behaviour, like a baby or a toddler, while on the other hand she, her sister Kate and Kansas decieve/mislead our 'knight in shining armour'.

Jack's persona is like the wet dream of the delusional, brainwashed Western woman. He is physically strong, defends and protects women, even those who wronged him, takes the responsibility for the woman's wrongdoing in the eye of the public and forgives the unforgivable. He ruins his own reputation within a small town to protect the person who utterly betrayed him. Let's not forget, he even witnessed the act, he had to listen to the dirty talk and the noises of passion and satisfaction his wife made while fucking the campus Don Juan. Just imagine that! There is no coming back from that, no way!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I think this proves that HDK is a dickless wimp... it's about time that he drops out of literotica but before he does it would be best if he could apologise and admit to his misandrist agenda then take the rest of his bitches like Blackrandl etc with.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Pretty bad melodrama no matter where you stand, RAAC or BTB.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Smelling Blackrandl crap in this heap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I agree with he below remark!

"Anonymous12 days ago

Love the story, every time I read it. Thanks HDK, 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Meh. She continues to disrespect him by not taking responsibility for her actions which included not letting others think it was his fault. She was selfish then and still selfish now. And whining about how much pain she was jn? Good grief.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Love the story, every time I read it. Thanks HDK, 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Crap story from a feminised author who should save his ramblings for the gay section and lo and behold. Loser Nixrox likes it. What a cunt.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Interesting idea that started well but fell flat in the end That should have been foreseen condidering the HDK BR58 hook-up. Turning all the men in their stories into wimps. Misandry abounds.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Love this story every time I read it! Just to make certain I've 5-starred at least once, I am rating it a 5 this for sure.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A fine story for the most part but spoiled somewhat by the MC going all caveman and dragging his wife off to the bedroom for sex while their adopted daughter and a house full of party guests waited in the next room for them to finish. Highly improbable and grossly tacky to say the least.

JR

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I loved this story with one exception. I think Laura should have admitted what she did. She owed that to Jack. Even if it was only to her family and his it was unfair everyone blamed him.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Dear FukuPhotoG.. thank you for your inane sycophantic ramblings. Good to know that you think that Jack grew as a man and a father which prepared him for the reconciliation with the lying cheating whore. Are you on the same planet as the rest of is mere mortals or have you already ascended into godhood?

CurrentParameterCurrentParameter3 months ago

I liked the story. liked where it went, just thought the finish didn't flow as well as I thought it could have. The conversations with Chuck....something about the flow of that conversation. Maybe if Jack had a conversation with Chucks wife. she told him what Chuck had been like in the past and how he had been since they got together....maybe that would have worked better. not sure, but overall well done.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

No lesson in it for her. Not a great story. It reads as if written by a woman or a very effeminate man.

lc69hunterlc69hunter3 months ago

Jack finally became a man again. A man doesn't run away and hide.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight3 months agoAuthor

Former Christian, thanks again for being such a huge fan. You read and comment on all of my stories. That's all I want. Thanks again!

As far as my Russian translation is concerned, I simply stated what the guy actually intended more than what he actually wrote. Thank you to all readers. I appreciate it greatly.

FaShUnPhOtOgFaShUnPhOtOg3 months ago

@harddaysknight: Greetings from retirement in the Caribbean!

I LOVE your Russian translation! It’s very positive and uplifting. Of course, you know we only have to highlight the text and right-click on some systems to translate it. I’m so glad your Russian is better than Google Translates 😁 Sadly, the actual comment is reflective of the negative comments on here and the YouTube channel(s) where your story has been appropriated. If with your permission, great! If not, then they’re getting paid for your hard work.

Anyway, I have marked the story as one of my favorites and given it 5 stars. Yes, Laura messed up big time when she was young, dumb and full of another man’s cum. Jack, less mature then than he is now, left rather than humiliate his wife. Notice I said humiliate his wife and not himself. Being the truly selfless, loving and caring man he is, he’d rather spare his wife and leave her to find her own happiness. Even if it means tearing his heart out and suffering the disdain and hatred of the town.

His relationship with Brian and Kansas provided the lifeline he needed to heal and grow as a man and father. This prepared him for the eventual reconciliation with Laura.

As I’ve said before, when I used to provide pastoral counseling, for healing and reconciliation to occur the couple needed: deep, abiding love for each other and true remorse on the cheater’s part. The way you wrote your main characters shows they both loved each other enough to forgive and heal the relationship. Yes, it took a while, as it should have. Healing, forgiveness and rebuilding the marriage is not a fast process. You captured that truth very well.

It’s too bad your detractors cannot see how beautiful this story is. The world is not black and white, as many believe. It has varying shades of grey and it is there that relationships exist.

Well done!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight3 months agoAuthor

I assume many of you do not speak or read Russian so I will translate the previous comment for those of you wondering what the Russki was telling me. As an apple pie eating American, I am pleased to say this pinko does not include me on his favorites list. I guess we can determine who the real Americans are by reading that list. His translated comment follows:

"Holy shit, HDK! That was one fucking brilliant story. You Americans are so clever. That was better than War and Peace and far more believable than our fearless leader's battle plan for crushing Ukraine. Luckily, I live in a one story building so I will not be falling off any balconies, unless my comrades drag my red commie ass up several flights of stairs. Power to the people, Comrade!"

Odess83Odess833 months ago

Конец крайне разочаровал!! Почему мрази, что причиняли боль, я и про Чака и про Лори, в результате получили приз? Чак получил прощение и заботу о семье, а Лори идеального мужа и дочь?? Что за бред? Джек единственный кто потерял всё, а потом ещё и простил всех, получив обратно изменяющую проститутку. Причем Лори умышленно сделал Джека подонком для всего города! Она даже своей семье не рассказала правду. Это не хороший конец, а гимн победы ублюдков над честным и верным человеком, который стал куколдом. И каждый раз он будет знать, что Лори сравнивает его с Чеком. Сначала рассказ был потрясающий, но конец просто упал на дно!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A very good tale, one of my favorites for years! Thank you HDK, 5 STARS

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A nice read but if Laura had cleared the misconception that Jack was at fault for their sepeation it would have made more realism. She should have been the one to set the record straight. At the big party leaving the new bedroom in 30 minutes after sex, shower and change of clothes means their sex was not much.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt3 months ago

Great read, in spite of your naysayers! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

How is it that they went to the bedroom and did things, showered, and changed clothes all in a half hour. I don't think it is possible not if they made love.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This story comes across clunky at some points with sudden awkard transitions, and some of the pacing could have been fleshed out a little better, but overall it's an amazing story, I've read it several times, and I come back to this every so often for the warm fuzzy feel good vibe that it emotes in the reader. 99.99 of loving wives stories spell out in intricate detail of the wives infidelities,

But in this one, her infidelity seems very understated compared to her self disgust, shame and regret. It's those attributes that make the raac work. They say once a cheater always a cheater, but in this rare case, I really felt she would never jeopardize her marriage again.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Really cool how Laura never took responsibility for her actions with her friends and family and let Jack continue taking the blame. Jack the ludicrously unbelievable nice guy was just happy to shoulder the blame of Laura being a cheating whore, not to mention her reason for being a cheating whore is I just wanted to be a whore and Jack being alright with that as the reasoning is just embarrassing.

But not nearly as embarrassing as:

>"Think how it hurts to know I had it all and I pissed it away. Every time I look at you or Kansas, I'm reminded of how foolish I was. The pain hasn't lessened over time. In fact, it's increased as my love for you and Kansas grows."

or

> I'm here to tell you I'll make certain your wife and son will never go wanting. You'll die knowing the man whose life you ruined is caring for your family.

Were you attempting to make your mc's so unlikable on purpose as a challenge to yourself or something?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Really good story. Have no issues with a reconciliation at all. However it felt rushed at the end. It needed a couple more pages and an admission from Laura of her transgression. You cannot solve a problem without acknowledgement that it happened. But overall this was a good story and very well written. BardnotBard

Darkness86Darkness864 months ago

Good story Great direction having Jack let everyone blame him for leaving although at the end instead of having Jack talk to Laura he should've walked up to her kiss her pick her up and carry her to the room.. that would've been more dramatic

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

My wife and I married in grad school with an arrangement where each supported the other through the necessary term: her DSW, my PhD. When her time came, we had a two year-old who I mostly took care of while teaching to support us while she went to school. And, yes, she cheated with a young prof, which wrecked our marriage for almost five years. We separated and divorced, making a young daughter's life a living hell for that time, and few in both our extended families or colleagues understood the problem. I got most of the opproprium because she didn't confess her transgression until the third year from great shame and embarrassment, where-upon her family approached mine to mitigate the damage to a grandchild, and it eventually led to us patching it up after I forgave. If not for the child as bridge, and the support from now enlightened family, it would never had happened. Her family always maintained friendly relations with me despite the difficulties for some reason. Practically speaking, the responsibilities of joint custody made our professional career development difficult until we reconciled due to joint concern over our young daughter. Although a step or adopted child, the one here was the defacto means of bridging their divide, and the wife's family acceptance of that kid was the key. The only difference was this wife didn't confess to her family like mine ultimately did, but suffered the same conscience. It's when she did it and sought to make restitution that my bitterness was mollified. Kudo to HDK for capturing this dynamic. It's very rare for a couple to find their way back after such a drift away, but does happen if the star align.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Laura was a coward and still is a coward and lets others suffer for her failings.

AmbivalenceAmbivalence4 months ago

So many clues that Jack wasn't the one at fault for their separation.

Most of them relate to Laura standing up for him, but a big one was this:

"A wife gives her husband all of her love. She belongs to him, only him!"

...

"I agree," managed Laura as tears formed in her eyes.

.

How obtuse would you have to be to not understand what *he* was saying or *her* response?

.

And there's no way he'd have to go through this game about an adoption with Kansas. Brian could have just legally transferred his parental rights to Jack. Bingo bango problem solved.

And as for *Chuck*, I'd have never gone to see him because nothing he had to say would have been anything I'd have believed.

FaceForRadioFaceForRadio4 months ago

5 from me! Only thing I wish was different would be the ending. Jack really dug down to forgive Chuck and Laura. Laura owes it to Jack to fess up as to why Jack left in the first place. At least tell her sister and parents. I think her mom and sister figured it out on their own long ago, but Laura’s dad is still clueless. Jack doesn’t deserve her Dad’s attitude and the only way to fix it is for dad to know the truth!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The truth never came out at least to the family.......It will eventually hopefully. Still about the only RAAC that I have read that even comes close to being acceptable. One mistake from a teenager is forgivable. They married to young and in college. That alone was stupid as hell.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A bad story from a good author. It leaves the reader with a sense of injustice. Laura proved to be of low character throughout. Jack threw away his principles in order to to reconcile with what? A cheating slut? Why?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Kind of went off the rails in the first 14 paragraphs. The mom can't read between the lines when the cheating ex-wife (or she would be an X-wife if there was any justice in the world) react so suddenly to the idea of the husband causing the issue? A mom or any other woman wouldn't figure out that kind of reaction? A guilty conscience plays itself out, and what's down deep bubbles up. "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks."

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

don't pay any mind to anonymous 1 and 2. They are the jerks. It is your story and I loved it. They can write their own but they probably can't.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I think you forgot to write that Laura was a slut who got fucked by a number of men in the intervening years before Jack came home. That became obvious to Jack as everywhere he went men kept coming up.to him to let him know what a great fuck and cock-sucker she was. He quickly realised that she would never be anything but a cheap whore so he made sure everybody saw her for the cheat and slut she was. He fucked her sister and then most of the single women in the town at the same time without concern. When Laura's father confronted him he let him have the first shot then proceeded to bitch-slap him until he collapsed pissing his pants and begging him to stop. And so on and on... But the above aside this had the opportunity to be a classic story but you turned the main character into a spineless wimp of a man while Laura simply sailed on unaffected by her treachery allowing everybody to see him as the villain. Not very satisfying for any reader with even a modicum of a sense of justice.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Agree with anonymous Worst. Ending. Ever. Ditto on every point made. This could have, should have been a classic had those points been addressed. Opportunity lost. What a pity. The potential was huge

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This plot didn't survive first contact with the protagonists. Kansas near instant approval of Laura. The deathbed forgiveness BS and the fact that Laura owned up to nothing wrecked what was otherwise a well written story.

OOAAOOAA5 months ago

Fantastic story!!!! Well done! 5 stars!

nixroxnixrox5 months ago

5 stars - looking at some of the comments below, you'd think they were critiquing a 'Nobel Prize' candidate in literature. Relax people, this is just a porn site with a few risqué stories.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Worst. Ending. Ever.

Half an hour for sex, shower, shave and back to party after 6 years dry? We know shes a talker from how loud she was with Chad, but no one heard a thing through a single door? Kind of points to another reason she strayed, which is such a let down. This is exactly the bit where the story needed a little fantasy embelishment, but was completely flat.

Great characters and first half, but ultimately plot failed and moved way too quickly through major turning points. Eg. Kansas' forgiveness of Laura. The rumours about her Dad being a lousy husband would have driven her crazy at school, and, since shes not allowed to, I can only see her blaming Laura for not telling everyone the truth. Needed more of an event to turn that around. Maybe, at the tournament when the spectator started screaming at the girl doing linesman duty, rather than Jack saving her, Laura got their first and started laying into the man showing Kansas she really cared about the girls and was prepared to fight off a bear to protect them. The guy doesnt like that much, being the big brute he is and tries to slap some respect into her only to find Jack catch his arm midswing to protect Laura. Maybe an escalation ensues in the parking lot or outside a bar in town later to show-off just how tough Jack really is. This triggers the level of hatred required to drive the guy to report Jack's marital status to the authorities. The main positive from all this being Kansas decides to give Laura a chance to be friends, however Laura starts getting more drepessed as the emotional event has left her realising more than ever how amazing the man she berrayed really is.

All of the resentments from the wider family about Jack running away would be resurfacing. E.g. Laura's parents blaming Jack's for raising a lousy man.

Only Laura could heal their pain, but originally chose not to to protect her own image. Story seemed to be heading towards some sort of climactic confrontation where Laura would need to come clean to protect the man she loves from all that resentment, then everyone would have blamed her, and Jack could have come in and saved her.

This would have been a much more natural progression towards healing and forgiveness. Laura wouldnt have cared if everyone knew the truth about her if she had her man back. She might get strange looks around town but she would have the best man in town holding her every night.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

4 Stars on this one . Chuck do not worry about your wife . I will take good care of her after you die .

SeaChangerSeaChanger5 months ago

Excellent story about the strength of families.

Sordid999Sordid9996 months ago

Chuck: "I would ask that you don't cheer or applaud when the grim reaper takes me. That would hurt Beth and she doesn't deserve it."

Me: ill dance and cheer at the moment of your death, and follow your wife and son for days forward to taunt them, reminding them over and over that you lived and died as human scum.

Jack: I forgive you, and I'm gonna cuck myself after you die by supporting your wife and son.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great read 👍

cgulden51cgulden516 months ago

Fantastic story, it didn’t take the reader through the roller coaster that most do. Having 3 main characters helped

BillandKateBillandKate6 months ago

So this story popped up in the Random section of LW and I read it for a second time. Got to the end to find I gave it 5 last time- which if I could vote again I'd give it a 5.

Then I read the anonymous comments that posted recently and got a laugh from those.

Yes, she never admitted she's who cheated but Jack had big shoulders and accepted it, the mark of a big, big man.

Too few stories being written like this lately. Thanks HDK for so many good stories.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

HeY HDK

I just wanted to tell you how much I've enjoyed your work and I wish I were as prolific. Admitteded I need to say that this was your best piece best it was your best when it was finished. I kinda thought about and I see these stiff characters and the John Wayne ending made me smile alot...I felt it was like a 50"s western shit kicker. just in a different settig. I like the way you paced this story. Done Good

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Totally disappointing. Terrible ending! I get, their back together which is ok, BUT she never admitted what she did and let the blame sit on her honorable husband. She besmirched his honor. If she really loved him more than her own reputation, she would have told the truth. Also, the story does little to minimize her cheating. Drinking, persued by Chuck, situational cause. Anything to better explain how she had let it happen. Maybe a chapter 2 could fix this, but right now it's a 1.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great captivating story but very poor, wimpy cuckold ending. Laura cheated but till the end Jack is still regarded as the bad guy/husband who abandoned the marriage. Laura should admit her mistake publicly instead of wimpy Jack simply forgiving everyone. VERY DISSAPOINTING !!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Hate, hate, hate this story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

It was a really good story... until the end. As a publisher and editor, you can really tell when a writer gets bored or tired with the story and writing it, and just wraps it up quickly with the dumbest fucking ending. Such a totally wasted and excellent buildup. Sigh.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Kansas was a the best looking girl.in.town and had received many a good fucking from most of the bachelors in town because no good looking woman is ever far from.a hard cock and especially not for 6 years. On his return Jack and Laura finally got together but all her sexual partners just kept popping up to yell Jack what a good fuck she was. Eventually Jack did what any man who respected himself would. He fucked Laura's sister over and over until she was unashamedly his. He made sure that Laura's family knew he fucking both daughters. He took out an ad in the local paper proclaiming Laura to be a cheating slut who she cheated with. He named all her lovers and pointed out that they all claimed that she was easy. When Lauras father took exception and took a swing at him Jack bitch slapped him effortlesly publicly and repeatedly showing him no respect and treating him with contempt. He then made sure that the whole town knew what a cheating piece of shit Chuck was before he died.

Finally Jack invited a whole lot of his friends from his previous life over for a get together in which Laura was the main attraction. The evening ended after social media and facebook and hundreds of porn sites showed video after video of Laura taking every man there multiple times like the slut she was.sometimes three at a time. In the end everybody saw them and she quickly became the town bicycle. Jack kept fucking her sister for a few more years before meeting and falling in love with an Australian woman who came to coach the soccer team. She was young, beautiful, vivacious and but what mattered most is that ahe was loyal.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

So I've landed on this page again andcre-read it. HDK sure writes well but the story left me unfulfilled. She doesn't admit that it was her fault. She doesn't apologise for being a cheat. Her dying lover get's no up-commance from Jack by disclosing to his family what piece of cheating shit he is. Finally Jack inconsistantly throws away his rightuous position and just takes her back. He may as well have stayed at home and just stayed married to her. The part that pissed me off rhe most was after Kansas confronted Laura gor the first time. If she was strong enough and brazen enough to call her a slut then she should have had the courage of her convictions to defend her dad when he was called a deadbeat and rejoined that it was Kaura who was a cheating slut... Waaay too much freebies given to everyone except Jack

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Thank god this is fiction! There is no excuse for adultery no matter how pretty you paint the characters. It is well written but again I’m thankful it’s just a story. Not reality. You walk in on the love of your life screwing someone else. How can one unsee that or forget? You hopefully can forgive for your own peace of mind but not forget and jump back in. LM

derpaderpiduderpaderpidu6 months ago

Great Story!

Would totally love it if there is page 6, and a more fleshed out ending.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

OK, it's fiction, but Ugh! What is wrong with y'all? Judge: "well since you said you're SO sorry for killing (just wounding, whatever- you fill in the crime) the victim AND have had a miserable life since (although neither honest nor morally strong enough to not let everyone think someone else was the bad guy), I'm not sending you to prison....." Get real. You want to wonder for the rest of your life if s/he's cheating on you AGAIN EVERY TIME you're not there, be my guest. Pretty girls are a dime a dozen. RESPECT YOURSELF (she doesn't or she wouldn't have cheated) and try something else on the menu. You CAN find someone better.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This was a tough story to read, yet impossible to stop. Top notch heartstrings plucking. If you're looking for critique, though, the dialogue felt a bit over the top sometimes. I liked the use of the character Chuck - the main characters did seem to need something dramatic to shake things up and resolve the inner turmoil, and that was perfect.

SignedBTWSignedBTW7 months ago

The Last Time

I read a story with a character named Kansas it was a story by Nora Fares. Totally different personalities but somehow it worked so well in both. *****'s Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Really good story, HDK, thanks. I was surprised Laura’s dad was so conciliatory towards Jack at the end, he sure seemed annoyed with him through most of the story. Of course that was on Laura. Maybe he finally figured out his daughter wasn’t exactly forthcoming about her relationship with Jack. Huh.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A brilliant tale! Loved it! Harddaysknight you’re a damn fine writer. One of the best on Literotica! 10 – Stars!

lc69hunterlc69hunter7 months ago

I have read this one before, and loved just as much this time

Old_LionOld_Lion7 months ago

I could, like Totally see a younger Patrick Swayze playing the Character of Jack. Swayed was a classically trained Dance from an early age including ballet. I believe he also learnt martial arts. So yoga would easy for him. RIP Patrick Swayze.

Good story of reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Yet another story I've reread a few times that helps improve bad times. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Awesome story that taught multiple lessons without coming across as preachy. There is nothing like a great story to make you feel better for the day so thank you for giving me a pleasant day.

dgfergiedgfergie7 months ago

Third or fourth time on this one. A truly wonderful story when you get by the cheating. At least the cheating by our MCs wife was early on in the marriage and he didn't have much time invested.........but it still hurts and does hurt especially when you have many years in a marriage. But it happens and you fall apart. but life goes on and we punish ourselves more than anyone else can. Forgiveness? If you can't forget how can you possibly forgive?5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I loved the story! As far as her cheating she said she wanted to feel special for one night. Well- I would think her husband would be capable of doing that! So perhaps some therapy to figure out what her husband was lacking at that time to cause her to spread her legs for another man.

Also- Laura said that with Chuck it was just sex but with Jack he was the only one to make love to her. Further Jack was a better man in all the ways that matter. My male ego would to hear that I’m also a better fuck than that prick too! Yes I know it was implied but would want to hear her come out and say it. I would tell her you should be yelling my name louder and cumming harder with me- period!! Then I would go tell Chuck. I need to be top in every category and if not make sure I get there.

davezqdavezq7 months ago

I think Kansas is the best name for a young teen I've ever encountered.

PraetusPraetus7 months ago

Jack is inconsistent here. And Laura is... Weak. She never EVER sets the record straight with her parents and dances her way to a very undeserved happy ending

I love the premise and the idea. It's a worthy one. But I think it needed maybe another page where the truth comes out, where suddenly everyone has to adjust their perspective. I get that Jack is YET AGAIN sacrificing himself as the noble hero to protect another's virtue but it rings hollow and Laura doesn't deserve it in how she is presented. She comes across in the text as self pitying and vapid, taking advantage of a chance and assuming that gives her the moral high ground.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I love the story it’s a masterpiece for sure. It perfectly portrays the state of society today. story wise scumbag entices naive women, naive women takes bait , honorable man ditches naive gf or wife cause vows and peoples word actually matters, women realizes mistake too late , a happy ending where they got together and lived happily ever after. Those who say jacks character was tarnished by the end have to realize every man no matter how great the character does have pride and there is such thing as righteous anger, jack knew chuck was a snake, whereas Laura was disgusted with her actions and never moved on from jack feeling remorse from character not circumstance granted her character was not strong enough to admit it in public, chuck only admitted his fault due to haveing a wife of his own and being on his deathbed. So I do not fault jack for his anger or hatred of chuck in the end, also to those who want more accountability you have to remember this is a masterpiece because of that character flaw in laura , unless your name is Jesus ain’t no one here perfect as such it shows her humanity and she did go 6 years of self hatred celibate and based on the authors description of her it was by choice . And while I do love me a btb , a btb would have drastically taken away from the story in this case

skruff101skruff1018 months ago

What kind of wife would not defend her husband when so many people were dumping shit on him, kinda makes you think don’t it.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

One of my favorites

xqzxxxxqzxxx8 months ago

Too much Lit(erary) and no (erotica). This story is misplaced on this site.

I also disagree with the ending. As someone who has been in the very position that your character Jack found himself, I can tell you that you killed all the character traits that you spent all that time creating with his reaction to the interloper. The failure to maintain the high road is inconsistent with the character you created.

BUT...

You write nicely. Good style, even though I disagree with some of the devices you used. Keep going.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Really liked the story. Ending was way to rushed though. Kind of like running into a wall at 100 miles and hour.

Schlouis57Schlouis578 months ago

Très belle histoire qui va très bien dans la romance également. J'aime tellement que je viens de la relire pour la troisième fois. Merci à l'auteur. Amitiés de la France..

NickTeeNickTee8 months ago

She never admitted that she was to blame. Her lover who had made no promises to Jack died... So what and in the end Jack forgave her without her doing anything to deserve it. Should she have been paraded through the street in sack cloth and ashes with sign that proclaimed cheater hanging round her neck - yes

StanRamesStanRames8 months ago

That so absolutely needs a sequel. Laura's first time in six years? Kansas gonna have a brother or sister in nine months?

SLAM! goes the door before the whole story gets into the room.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The fact that ultimately all the blame falls on the cheating spouse, they are the one who broke their vow. In the battle to pursue that they get every right afforded men, women don't or won't see all the responsibilities and sacrifices that go hand in hand with a lot of those "rights" only men used to have, and likely never will. How many women survivors of fires, crashes, sunk ships have turned to a man any man and said "thank you" or shown any appreciation for the sacrifice most men freely accept in emergency situations? Add to that men suffer feelings of pain and humiliation from infidelity on a much higher level, women can't even comprehend because parentage is never a question for them.

dgfergiedgfergie9 months ago

My third trading of this story and I still love it. It's not easy to give up some hate for people that hurt you,

40 years after my first divorced me I still hurt from the loss of two daughters even though I remarried a good woman with four kids who still care for me 40 years later. Excellent story, again.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Terrible

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Wow! One of my favorite stories. I liked it from the beginning to the end. Thanks for sharing your talent. 5*.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Let me make a suggestion: you start this story with:

"I saw Cynthia Larsen at the grocery store today. She told me that Jack came home to run the family business while her brother Jeff recovers from his accident," Brenda Johnson told her daughter Laura. .

NEVER and I repeat NEVER can you start a story with 6 names in a two line sentence. NEVER.

You are a very talented author. Improve a few details a little and your writing will be outstanding.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A lovely story indeed. The late teen adoptive daughter is a bit contrived, but on the other hand, having lived through a single parent's death, the social-legal uncertainty over a single adoptive father, and these circumstances could make a teen grow up quickly too. The forgiveness theme was solid given the amount of time and experience of contrition with the dying paramour and the wife. Marriages can and do survive brief infidelities like drunken one-night stands and such, for which this instance qualified. Had it been a full-blown affair, probably not. So all-in-all, a nice balance and mostly believable plot, albeit the ending was a bit too abrupt. Overall, classic HDK wit.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Nice story. Liked it, but a minor quibble. Don't most jurisdictions consider a marriage nullified by abandonment, as an equivalent to death of a spouse? Or does it require the abandoned spouse to actually file?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

SIMILAR Stories