Asteroids and Athletes Ch. 05

Story Info
Maddy plays a couple more sessions and a new setting.
4.1k words
4.75
1.2k
00

Part 5 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/15/2023
Created 09/20/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
alupine
alupine
213 Followers

__Campaign 1 Session 7__

I pulled a cropped hoodie over my head as I stepped out of my car and walked towards Cesar's garage. It was cool, but not too cold in the afternoon air of early February. We set up the dice, drinks, and snacks on the game table, sat down, and then Cesar did a brief recap of the epic battle of last week.

Everyone's characters were pretty trashed. Grita and Zarasti had several broken bones. They needed to rest for more than just a few days if they were going to heal all their broken bones. Xoragol only had a few hit points left and it was the same with Fanvo and my character Yaae. Still, there was a pile of raw zynium ore at the mining site that we all wanted. Grita and Heidi both thought we should be able to drive the electric forklifts across the surface of the planet, avoiding the interior of the mining colony in case there were any more Roaches. We made sure the machines were charged up and placed a large empty crate on each of them. My father was feeling better and agreed to drive one while Fanvo would take the other. It took about an hour for them to get to the mining site, load all the zynium and then take it back to the ship. The ore wasn't pure, but Cesar said it would still be worth a lot. Heidi and Evan argued that we shouldn't bring the ore back to the mining company. We could get a better price on the black market. Xoragol's (Justin) counter argument was if we returned the Zynium ore, the corporation could have more work for us. Maira wasn't sure if their group (Red Nova, same as their ship's name) wanted to "sell out" so to speak, but lately the other jobs they had were just as dangerous for less pay. The group, including myself, agreed to return the zynium, but they would keep the plasteel. We moved the one crate of plasteel in my ship over to theirs and then moved all the zynium ore into my ship.

The next thing we did was take the long trip back to Zanjo I. Cesar started rolling dice for each day that passed in the game. The first and second day nothing happened. The third day, we encountered a hostile human spaceship. They didn't hail us, they simply started attacking. It was a small ship so the Red Nova and my ship were easily able to take them out.

We boarded them and found only one survivor. We thought they would surrender, but they fought to the death. I took a big hit before Grita blasted them in the head. I had just healed up over the last few days, and then that hit took me down to 2 HP again. We looked through the pirate ship and found a few hundred credits worth of food and supplies. But the ship was pretty damaged, so we let it go adrift after stripping it of another three hundred or so credits of parts. Then we continued to Zanjo I. I met with Deemo from the Zyn-Mining Corporation. He was the one who had originally given me the mission. He paid 5K for the Zynium and 1K for all the information we had about the station and what happened there. But he charged me 500 credits for the LRCD that had been damaged when I landed on the planet. Overall we made 5.5K, which was 1.1K for each of us!

When I told Deemo what happened, he seemed shocked that everyone in the colony had been killed by these new creatures. He thanked us and before we left, Grita asked if he had any more jobs for us. He said we should rest and he would contact us if anything came up.

While I was making money with the Zyn-Mining Corporation, Zarasti and Fanvo were selling the scrap parts and Xoragol and Maira were repairing the ship.

Zarasti and Fanvo had bad luck with bargaining and only got 400 credits for everything. That meant the total haul for the trip was 1,180 credits. We all decided to take it easy for at least a week while we healed up to full. We bought more food stock and fuel for the ship. Then there was a communication from the Zyn-Mining Corporation. There was another mining colony on Aldez VI that was experiencing similar issues with no contact and Deemo asked if we were willing to go. Then there was a mission to another planet. The Corp had made a deal with the local populace paying to mine there, but then the locals had stolen the ore and were asking for a ransom. Demmo was asking for help getting it back.

While we were discussing which mission we might want to take, we got another message, this time from someone called Senyaava, Xoragol's ex-partner on Ag'eval IX. There was some tunneling creature that was causing havoc beneath their encampments and they didn't have the expertise to take care of the problem. Before Cesar called it for the night he asked which mission we were going to pick so he could prepare for the next session. We were going to meet again on Sunday instead of Wednesday because Evan and Justin were going to a birthday party for Evan's brother who was turning 21. After talking through everything, we agreed for the mission with Xoragol's ex.

__Campaign 1 Session 8__

Sunday was leg day for me at the gym. After a tough workout, I cleaned up, grabbed a quick bite and headed over to Cesar's house. We were going to Ag'eval IX which would be two days of "faster than light" travel using the Red Nova, the ship Grita and the others owned. There was even an extra bed for my character Yaae, so I could leave my ship on Zanjo I with my father while he rested. As we traveled towards the planet in the Red Nova, Cesar rolled some dice to determine random encounters, but nothing happened, just stars and empty space. We arrived at the planet right on time and met up with Xoragol's ex, Senyaava. He was another member of the Chogai'at species like him.

When Cesar spoke as Senyaava, he had a gruffer voice like Justin does when he speaks as Xoragol. Senyaava explained he was the prime minister of the entire planet of Ag'eval IX. The Chogai'at had established the first colonies about a hundred years ago, and he was elected ten years ago, after he broke up with Xoragol, to unite the various city-states that had begun in-fighting. He was successful, but recent excavations into ancient ruins had disturbed a giant burrowing geosaur. There had been attempts to capture it, but without success. It was a creature that was thought to be twenty feet long based on the sightings. Because of how fierce it was, they wanted it destroyed.

It took us nearly an hour to come up with a plan. Fanvo would set some motion activated mines along with a loudspeaker to draw in the geosaur. Then Cesar asked how each of us would contribute. It wasn't the typical combat, it was something we could plan out well in advance. I was going to fire from behind a plasteel wall a bit away from the others, while Fanvo had set up several detonators for others to press after it went through the first motion sensors. Evan was pretty excited about setting the whole thing up, even if he would use most of his explosive stash on this one creature. Cesar turned on some rock music simulating the sound of the speaker and the beast burrowed up, swallowing it. He asked Evan to roll dice as he turned off the music. The movement of the geosaur caused the motion sensor mines to explode. It went into a frenzy, but Xoragol and my shots seemed to focus its anger. Then it crossed a bunch of explosives that the other players set off. We were all tense as Cesar counted up all the damage. It was dead! We cheered loudly. Cesar told me later that he was worried that his neighbors might complain.

When we confirmed that the beast was dead, we harvested its parts. Xoragol wanted to cook it up, which I thought was gross, but it did fit with his character. The geosaur's thick skin looked a bit like scales, but it was very flexible. The people of the planet harvested it to use in place of leather armor. Xoragol put several pounds of meat into the ship's freezer to cook later. Justin (Xoragol) seemed a bit excited at the prospect of cooking a beast we just killed. The spines along the head we took as trophies and the rest we let the natives keep.

Senyaava paid us 1000 credits for taking care of the geosaur. Evan said we probably used over 500 credits in just explosives during the fight. Afterwards Raaza, the city that had been most damaged, threw us a small party. They used the remaining geosaur meat (still hundreds of pounds) for the celebration. Justin wanted to cook the meat for everyone, but Cesar explained that would be an insult in Chogai'at culture. We stayed several days in the city afterwards, helping them rebuild. Xoragol was also finally able to cook the meat for them later in a sort of soup kitchen for those that had lost their homes due to the geosaur. I guess after the main event it wasn't an insult anymore? I don't know, alien made up customs are weird.

Cesar explained we've been gaining "Esteem" by doing these things for the people. What that meant in game terms was those that knew us in relation to the geosaur we took care of would be more inclined to give us quests or discounts when buying things. Fanvo immediately used that good will for essentially a BOGO (buy one get one) free discount to replace some of his explosives. They didn't have enough to replace all of them though.

Later Senyaava and Xoragol had sex! Although it was surprising it all happened organically. They were just having dinner together and I guess, both feeling the moment or something since they used to date. Cesar and Justin didn't go into details after they started describing how they were kissing. If anyone had described the situation out of context to me I would have been uncomfortable, but in the heat of the moment it was pretty hot!

Afterwards Senyaava asked if Xoragol and the Red Nova group would be willing to explore the ruins where the geosaur was uncovered. We all thought it was a bad idea after the geosaur was unleashed, but Senyaava promised us 500 credits for each artifact we could bring back. The planet was hoping to set up a museum that would draw in tourism. The ruins had deadly traps and puzzles that Senyaava didn't have experts to conquer. Those that lived before on Ag'eval IX were no longer there.

We considered his offer or that of the Zyn-mining corporation to help back on Aldez IV. In the end we decided to explore the ruins. We set out and went deep into the tunnels until we found the entrance. There were lights that Senyaava and his crew set up onto the large open metal doors. I was expecting stone, but the ruins looked futuristic. Cesar said we would continue on in a couple weeks, reminding everyone that we wouldn't be meeting on Wednesday.

After helping Cessar clean up, I gave him a hug and let him know how much I'd miss meeting next week to play. He asked if I was busy that Wednesday, because we could still play a different game. We would just put our current campaign on pause. He explained that he wanted an excuse anyway to try one of the other DangerHunters settings. He had bought a comic book style setting and asked if I was interested. He smiled broadly when I asked to play a speedster and he nodded. I gave him another hug before we parted, this time lifting him up off his feet.

I couldn't wait!

__Campaign 2 (Comic Book Setting) Session 1__

I sat down with my dice and popped the top of one of the hard seltzers I had brought for the game night. Cesar placed a book I hadn't seen before in front of me. It had a woman in a dress with what looked like power or electricity all over her. The title of the book was CapeHunters: Heroes and Heroines. This was the new game he had told me about last time. He helped me create a whole new character. First we rolled stats then he told me to roll up her profession. Cesar said I could make up her backstory, adding in any details I wanted to make them seem like an actual person. I named her Kyleen Collins and that she was going to night school for her MBA while she worked for her parents at the family jewelry shop based on the profession I rolled. Then we had to figure out how she got her powers. Cesar had a suggestion. Maybe there was a special necklace that gave her the powers. A present from her parents for turning 21. I liked the idea, but wanted the power source to be a bracelet. He agreed.

Then Cesar helped me pick powers she had. I had 100 points to spend. I picked Enhanced Speed for 75 points, and I only had 25 points left. I really wanted Enhanced Muscle so Cesar showed me how to take on a phobia giving me enough points to get that power. The random phobia my character received was... gymnophobia, which Cesar said was the fear of nudity (yes seriously). Then I picked my skills with skill points. I wanted a speedster style MMA fighter, so I spent most of my skill points in Brawling and Martial arts.

With all my skills picked out Cesar had some recommendations on more backstory. Maybe she had been mugged before at the shop so she started taking self defense classes to train? That made total sense to me. Also her climbing skill made sense if she likes wall climbing at the gym for fun. The skills and powers took about thirty minutes to pick everything. Next we had to decide if we wanted her to already be an established hero or someone just starting out.

I liked the idea of her just beginning to get her powers. Cesar asked for a fifteen minute break so he could roll up some random characters. I checked my socials, went to the bathroom and when I sat back down Cesar was ready.

When we started the game for real, he described the small jewelry shop in downtown Las Perras, the made-up city in the game similar to LA. In the scene my (Kyleen's) mother and I were in front getting ready to lock up our shop, when my dad asked me to come to the back where he was doing repairs to jewelry. He gave me a small package for my birthday that I immediately ripped open to see a beautiful gem bracelet with an emerald in the center. When I put it on Cesar said that it felt like something warm and energizing flowing through my body. I asked where the bracelet came from. He said they had gotten the emerald a few years ago from someone who traded it for an engagement ring for his fiancé. He had only recently found the right piece to place the gem inside for my birthday.

I thanked him and then went back with my mother to close down the shop, but at that point a man in a mask entered. He was a criminal that wanted our cash and our most expensive jewelry. Cesar said that crime was on the rise lately after the economic downturn, but it had been about two years since the last time my parents' shop was robbed. This time my dad pulled out his gun from under the counter, and the other man pulled the trigger on his pistol. Although my character didn't know she had powers yet I asked if I could get my father out of the way with my speed. Cesar said to roll half skill with Speed since I was trying to do something faster than a bullet. I rolled so well that neither my dad or I were hit. Cesar said that the bracelet was warm as it happened. Then my character jumped the counter and kicked the bad guy in one clean motion. He crumpled against the wall in a bloody heap. I did twelve damage in one kick, enough to knock him right out. In fact he was breathing shallow so my parents were worried he was dead. They told me to drag him through to the back into the alley. He was no problem with my new strength, so I told my father I'd carry him all by myself. I put him in the alley and then called 911. I told the cops to go in the back of the Carnelian Strip Mall to get a beat up guy with a gun. I emptied the pistol of bullets, tossing them in the trash. My parents had locked up the store by then so we drove away just as the cops pulled up.

My parents were shocked at what I did, questioning how I was able to knock him out so easily and carry him by myself when he was so big. I said I didn't know, just the bracelet made me feel fast and strong. They scoffed and said the martial arts training had finally been worth it. Then as the days went by nothing else really unusual happened, except I was definitely faster and stronger. Over the week, which we sort of fast-forwarded through, I found out I could run faster than a car, and even lift a car because of my strength. One time at home I was practicing lifting the car when my neighbor walked by. Cesar asked what I would do. I didn't say anything, I just put the car down and went back inside the house. They almost got a picture of me with their phone. Since then I tried to be more stealthy about my powers. Sometimes my neighbor will be out looking for me, but I avoid them.

Cesar asked what I would do after work. I had all this power, but I thought there would be enemies to fight. Also I wanted to make a costume or something, but I didn't have any skills to do that. I went to a store and got a ski mask because I wanted to start patrolling the streets. I went out after my parents fell asleep, walking through my neighborhood in downtown Las Perras and looking for trouble. Cesar rolled dice, and... nothing happened. I went back to the house after a few hours disappointed, but laughing because it was a bit silly to just go out in search of trouble and expect to find it. I was a bit worried this wasn't the game I was expecting.

The next night though, I was walking down an alley after dark and trouble finally found me. Someone with a gun told me to turn around. I pulled on the ski mask as I turned. They taunted me and asked for money and my bracelet. I quickly punched and they went down. I took their gun and bent it. Then I took the bullets and put them in a trash can. I called 911 and told them where to find the guy before hanging up. It all seemed a bit too easy I thought, and a bit boring. But I didn't tell Cesar that. He said unless I wanted to do something special the days go by pretty much the same like that, until one night I got an Amber alert on my phone for a girl kidnapped. I was excited to finally save someone. I put on my ski mask, stepped out the back door of my parents house, and began running towards the freeway. I got a couple lucky rolls and noticed the license plate. The only person I saw was a man in the driver seat, the backseat was empty, but someone was shouting in the trunk. I decided to punch the side of the car. I know... not my strongest moment. It dented the door, but didn't do much else. The man tried to hit me against the median, so I tried to leap on top, but missed. I had to start running again and jumped, this time making it on the roof. He was swerving the car trying to take me off, but I was able to easily hang on with my super-strength. I cracked through the roof, but then fell off because I was only holding with one hand while I punched with the other.

When I fell, I rolled a critical fail for my luck check. A car hit me, and I got knocked off my feet and crushed with only 1 HP left. I was pretty much a bloody mess. Cesar explained to me I wasn't invincible. I may have had super strength and speed, but I didn't have super toughness. It was still the base DangerHunter system which Cesar said was very deadly. I had started rethinking my choices. Maybe I should have picked super toughness instead of super strength. The person that hit me stopped and called an ambulance. I tried to get someone to follow the car with the Amber alert, but they weren't paying attention. I didn't want to get in trouble though, so I was going to run away, but I couldn't because I had a broken leg from being hit by the car. I couldn't do much but wait until the ambulance came.

The police also came and asked me what happened. I said I heard the Amber alert and tried to catch the person and got hit. They didn't believe me and wondered why I had the ski mask. I said my face gets cold. My parents asked what happened. I told them the same story. They were very upset. The cops questioned me again, but I didn't waver.

I finally got out of the hospital after four days, the cops stopped after the third day. I was still damaged with only half of my HP healed. My broken leg was still healing. Cesar then had an idea about my phobia. It should really be of cars (because of what just happened), so he asked me to change it to a phobia of cars. A few days after my leg healed, I was running at night and testing my speed, when I got a strange text message. It said I know what you're trying to do, but you're doing it all wrong. Come to 2nd street and Zapata at the old Pink Paper Company at midnight.

alupine
alupine
213 Followers
12