All Comments on 'Astray?'

by JoshFrom53

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
TonyspencerTonyspencerover 2 years ago

A very sweet story, that could have gone into LW if that wasn’t such a poisonous environment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think the RAAC was too short. He never really addressed how if he hadn't arrived with the coat she would have cheated. Even after hearing the other women praise her husband and say bad things of carlos she still succumbed. Those conversations should come out. Also the real reason she was open to Carlos never got addressed. He is still her boring husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I agree Tony. There was temptation from the outside, that was overcame before irreparable damage was done. But really both areas work well as romance was there at the end. Good story

alexetlaurealexetlaureover 2 years ago

Nice love story 5 stars

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 2 years ago

Hi, Josh, thanks for the callout and for letting me assist; sorry for a few things that still slipped through. I'll send you a PM this weekend on those.

.

While she went way too far, I was so glad Anna came to her senses before she passed the point where Frank could still forgive he and still give them a chance for a future together. The ending was sweet and tied it up really well, with about the only thing missing being tar and feathers for a certain character! Great job!

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars - LW by the numbers, nothing new or different and not very much in the way of feelings - shared or otherwise.

Yes, LW is probably one of the most debated sections on this website and the comments can get very critical, but the tenacious and thick-skinned authors do seem to survive - as long as they are willing to accept comments and try to change their writing skills to make their stories more palatable to the hoard of readers.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

Sweet little story. Believable reason she might have been tempted and the reconciliation felt right, she came close to straying but didn't in time. The thing that interested me was the vibe I got was Carlos was less interested in Anna herself but pointing one over Frank, seemed very jealous of his success. 5 stars, love a good reconciliation story that doesn't feel forced.

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 2 years ago

Good little story, with disaster averted.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 2 years ago

Very nice story. So glad to see it worked out for them!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

My only problem with her stopping birth control is she did it during turmoil I wouldn't be surprised if he asked for another pregnancy test before sleeping with her

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Totally agree with this comment:

"I think the RAAC was too short. He never really addressed how if he hadn't arrived with the coat she would have cheated. Even after hearing the other women praise her husband and say bad things of Carlos she still succumbed. Those conversations should come out. Also the real reason she was open to Carlos never got addressed. He is still her boring husband."

This was basically emotional infidelity, which cannot be fixed so quickly and so easily as you have written. The story loses its credibility in the process. Otherwise enjoyable.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

3 stars for the little fairy tale.

There really is not enough information to consider a comment.

brendan_charltonbrendan_charltonalmost 2 years ago

As some have already said, She would have cheated had he not intervened.

I don't know whether good luck for her in that providence made it so that she didn't. Or, bad luck for him in that she will in the future.

It might have been too short.

Good writing otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Short (3462 words) and sweet with a powerful message. A five all the way.

Women should read this to sharpen up their instincts. Men, learn more about your woman's emotional needs.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

I like a happy ending. 5 BIG ASS FLAMING STARS!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

It's good that he nipped it in the butt b4 she went any further, but was easily forgiven. Not saying divorce, but at least maybe alil time apart w/ counseling.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Once again all the way with RanDog025!

SatyrDickSatyrDick10 months ago

[14.07.23]

Excellente Story!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Seemed a bit trite for the reconciliation. It hadn't yet gone too far but it was on the edge. Husband was perceptive unlike many husbands portrayed in LW stories. He took action yo bring it out into thr light of day. It was not a good idea for her to be so drunk at the party. Carlos was assigned seducer but also an idiot. The doorbell cam caught everything. Her contrition was genuine. But they need counseling. The reconciliation part was abrupt and seemed too easy.

MasterKoteMasterKote6 months ago

Counselling for her is in order and took her back too easily

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Yeah counseling is in order. Married women, contrary to this site, do nit usually cheat because they are bored or want excitement. That is more a guy thing. Don't believe it? Check out the main reasons each sex cheats in large studies in US and in Europe (not identical between the two regions btw). Leading reasons that a wife cheats is she feels neglected, not giving her enough time or attention, feeling being taken for granted, not being emotionally fulfilled, etc. Leading reasons a husband cheats is "she's hot", not sexually fulfilled, impulsive, feeling old, etc. The two lists in totem are quite inverted. Doesn't mean some women don't because ofnreasons that are similar to guys just means it is statistically a different pattern. That being said married men cheat more often (29% have at lea a time one extramarital affair by their 50s, vs 19% of married women, though women have increased from 13% in early 1990s), but cheating wives cheat for longer period of time, average 6 months (women) vs 2 months (men), and their is almost always an emotional component. At least she came clean and got her head out of her butt, but yeah they need counseling.

LNRAstroLNRAstro5 months ago

Good story, but ending felt rushed.

scut001scut001about 1 month ago

Great story,short but sometimes that's good.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJoshFrom53@JoshFrom53
Hello everyone I'm retired so I have enough time on my hands. I write to entertain. To entertain my readers and myself and do so with the help of two patient editors. I walk, I write and not necessarily in that order. My stories are written as they come to me. Therefore m...

SIMILAR Stories