All Comments on 'Athena Grows Up'

by PickFiction

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
SisterJezabelSisterJezabelover 3 years ago

A beautiful story that had me wanting more, despite my contentment if that makes sense!

OneAuthorOneAuthorover 3 years ago
A magnificent follow up...

... to "Love Changes Everything", which I loved and was hoping there'd someday be a sequel about Athena. And this didn't disappoint at all. Athena and Flint are fantastic together. I truly enjoyed everything about this story, and was really glad they got past the potential obstacle of Gianna's pregnancy. :)

JaceyTreyJaceyTreyover 3 years ago

Magnificent! I know I left a rather negative review on Freya and Grig's story, and I still feel the way I did. (It was a personal issue I have with people of authority being involved with subordinates...i.e. professor/student). I still appreciated your writing of that story. I will, this time, along with being thankful your writing is excellent, the love story with Athena and Flint got to my heart. I'm so thrilled I read this in spite of my trepidation from the first series.

Beautifully written. Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A little short of a toal resolution

there is no sharing of the news with parents or the 4 consultants. But what there was was darn good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
WOW

Finally someone who knows how to truly end a story.

I only wish there were 10 stars to choose from.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You say in the author intro: "This is a stand-alone story ... You don't need to read ['Love Changes Everything'] to understand this story" but that is not the case. Without any previous introduction to the character of Flint, this story simply doesn't work. There's 6000 words here before we meet him, and when he does turn up our heroine is immediately in love with him without the story having shown how that love has been earnt: there's no payoff for anything.

vcwriter17bvcwriter17bover 1 year ago

I really liked most of what you did here. Athena resembles someone I dated long past, very real, although the real person I knew crashed into mental illness.

However, i really dislike the Italian pregnancy episode which comes across as artifice to create tension before the close — a bit formulaic with overtones of deus ex machina. The problem magically arises and equally magically disappears. Its not a great shock that a single, attractive businessperson stationed in Italy would a girlfriend or several. You foreshadow the subplot a couple of times, but each time in comes across as something inserted in the story after the fact. Why bother? There are other ways to create realistic tension without having new characters pop up late in the tale,

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written, as usual. Any issues I have are my personal preferences about relationships.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great story but ended too soon

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous