All Comments on 'Aunt Emily's Teapot'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
pe1erpe1erabout 4 years ago
An excellent story - but the timeline appears wrong

This story is excellent.

However the paragraph about Aunt Emily taking you into Croydon on the tram from Thorton Heath appears to be after she bought her Festival of Britain teapot. This seems wrong, as I believe the old London Tram service closed in April 1951, and the Tramlink extension is still just a proposal.

WilCox49WilCox49about 4 years ago
Nice.

Until near the end, I thought this was fiction. As I could see how far along I was, I found it unsatisfying because it felt unfinished.

When at the end I realized it wasn't a story but a memory, my view changed. I'm very glad you posted it! It's very effective, given that. The juxtaposition of your sister's impending death and the Festival make for a very moving autobiographical snippet.

(For what it's worth, I (across the pond from you) had never heard of the Festival of Britain. When it was happening, I was conceived but as yet unborn, so that's not surprising.)

-- Wil Cox

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Importers ... gosh. They had a branch in Bromley, at least up to the late 1970s when I moved away. The smell of roasting coffee wafted up and down the High Street. Thanks for reviving the memory.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman3 months ago

sad memories but overall a view into someone's life. 1951, wow, to think about what was "a normal" life then, compared to now.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...