Auntie Sarina

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You have a beautiful family, Henry."

"They saved my life, Sarina; Brooke mostly but the girls, too. I'll be forever grateful that she saw something worthwhile in me and put up with the crap I gave her early on."

We sat next to each other on the couch and I still felt the ...aura, I guess is the word, that drew me to him in the first place. I was all too aware that one of the reasons I hadn't had any serious relationships since the divorce was that no other man made me feel like that.

"How've you been, Sarina?"

"I've been a mess, Henry, but I'm headed in the right direction now. I need to apologize to you for what I did."

"No apology is necessary, Sarina."

"This is actually as much or more for me than for you. I'm trying to forgive myself for things I've done and for people I've hurt. I'm an alcoholic, Henry, and have been since soon after you...we got divorced. I'm getting sober now and I'm making things right in my life."

"I didn't know, Sarina. I'm sorry. For whatever it's worth I forgave you a long time ago, so if it's of any help to you I'm happy to say the words: I forgive you."

"It is of...tremendous help to me, Henry. Before you got home Brooke told me some of what you went through and I can't believe my selfishness hurt the man I loved like that. But I'm a different person now and I would never consider doing something like that."

"I'm glad to hear that. You're a wonderful person with so much to offer. I hope you find someone that you can share that with. And I hope you'll come see us again. Brooke said you're moving back home. We have get-togethers here a few times a year. I hope you'll accept our invitations and know that you're always welcome here."

"She told me the same thing, and if my emotions can handle it I plan to take you both up on it. It hurts to look at you, knowing what we could have had, but I look forward to having you as a part of my life from now on."

"I hope you know Brooke is going to try and get you hooked up with someone. We know a lot of single people and I suspect more of them will be invited over from now on."

I leaned into my ex-husband and his arms came down around me. I was crying again, but I was content with where my life was going.

"Will you please stay for dinner?"

I pulled away from Henry but held his hand.

"I don't want to intrude on your family, Henry."

"You'll never be an intrusion, Sarina. Please stay."

I nodded my head I agreement and then we had one more quick hug before we went into the backyard to join Brooke and the kids.

**********

fin

12