Austin

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ashleigh

I couldn't keep myself calm, I was nervous, I knew he had to have gotten the message and returned from the lake by now. Would he call? What is taking him so damn long? I had no idea how it would play out or what I was going to say.

My phone rang, I jumped, looked at it and nearly lost my nerve. One ring. I pick it up, then set it right back down. My mouth is so dry. I'm holding my breath. Two rings. I had reset his profile picture to the caller I.D. There he was smiling at me, that same wonderful goofy smile that just melts me every single time. Three rings. I finally accept the call and pause. I know what to say.

"If you're calling about my heart, it's still yours. I should have listened to it a little more and then it wouldn't have taken me so long to know where I belong. By the way, this isn't my voicemail you're talking to, can't you tell? This is Austin and I still love you."

I paused for him to respond and all I got was silence. I was afraid he might have hung up on me.

"Hello, are you still there?"

"Ashleigh, is this really you?" He stuttered out. Words just fall out of each of our mouths at the same time. I had to stop talking so I could hear his deep voice, I love that voice. We talk for almost two hours catching up with each other. I tell him what my father pulled. It's like we never separated.

The next few days streaked by as I explained to my aunt and local friends that I was moving home. Daniel and I talk every day, from the moment he gets home till I tell him to go to bed. He can't get enough of me, nor I him. My heart aches for this man, I cry often, mostly tears of joy. I know I need to see him; I tell him I'm coming home. I arrived two days later. He rushes me in the complex's parking lot. I jump into that barreled chest and those thick arms; I think he might crush me with his signature bear hug. I'm swallowed into his arms.

I stayed with Chantelle for a couple of days as Daniel and I got reacquainted. It wasn't immediate, but it didn't take long for me to be back to where I belonged, into Daniel's arms, and into his bed. He was doing well at work and could support us while I looked for a job. I was hired at a small marketing firm in Galveston, at a quarter of what I was making at my dad's company. I loved it.

We were happy, Daniel proposed shortly after I got back home. Our wedding was a small one. My father declined to walk me down the aisle, but Daniel's father was so proud to step in. My mother was there, she wasn't going to miss her only daughter's wedding. It was by far the best day of my life. We saved and were able to put a down payment on a small house.

I was swinging on our front porch, resting my iced tea glass on my extended pregnant belly as I watched a shiny BMW pull into our drive. Daniel heard the car and came out to see who it was just as my dad made it to the front gate. They stared at each other, facing off. My palms got sweaty. I wasn't sure about how this was going to work, the two bulls on the farm were about to square off. Daniel spoke first.

"James, I'm so glad you were able to make it. Come on up and I'll get you an iced tea." Stunned, I turned towards my smiling sexy man. "I called him last week and told him he needed to get his head out of his ass and come see his prego daughter. I told him he needs to be a part of our daughter's life." With that, he turned, went into the house while my dad took Daniel's spot on our porch swing.

It took me some time to forgive my dad, but with my husband's love and prompting, I was able to allow him to make amends and be a part of our lives. He never bad-mouthed Daniel again, I think he realized that my husband was a better man than he could ever be.

That was ten years past, we now have three children running around the larger house we bought a few years ago. Daniel is a new supervisor at the refinery and happy in the position. I'm an accounts manager at a larger marketing firm in direct competition with my dad's, but we don't mention that when he and Mom come over for Sunday lunch every couple of weeks.

Life is good. Perhaps better than I deserve.

Daniel still calls me Austin.

12