Avalanche of Love Ep. 06

Story Info
Episode 6: Are We More Than Friends?
9.4k words
4.75
1.4k
1

Part 6 of the 13 part series

Updated 06/16/2023
Created 04/10/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back, my lovely reader!

It's a new season, my lovely! Are you ready for the drama and action to come for our lovely twins? I know I am! This will be Kai's first full season together on the slopes with his sister too!

They've both made some friends over the offseason and even helped some of them strengthen themselves. Friends are an important part of life, but what if it's not just friendship? What if an event triggers you to see things from a new perspective? Maybe, you realize you might want more than just friendship.

Let's jump right in!

—♥—

Episode 6:

Are We More Than Friends?

The snow glittered in the setting rays of the sun as Kai ground his board to a halt, finishing the last of his run before lifting his goggles back up. "How was that?"

Hiroshi and Jarome were already at the bottom of the halfpipe, having finished their own runs. Kayla was there with a few members of the staff from the training facility.

One of the board designers, an older male otter with gray showing in his fur and hair, wiped the snow off his glasses with his shirt before sliding them back on. "I think I do good work, this is probably the best board we've ever produced."

Kayla gave the otter a hiss and bumped her hip against his, making the slightly smaller male stumble to the side before he composed himself and continued, "O-Oh! Uh... Yeah, I think Hiroshi did the best run between the three of you."

"I concur, his adaptation to the X3 is a testament to his latent skill," The other engineer spoke out casually as she brushed snow out of the black fur of her tail. She was an older vixen, the wife of the otter, also showing spots of gray along her fur and muzzle. The couple were the head designers of all the boards Altima produced.

"Damn it!" Kai and Jarome both called out at the same time.

Kayla gave a shrug as she spoke, "I have to agree, you gotta step it up big brother, Hiroshi's tearing it up now that he's gotten used to the board."

"Damn man! Still, I'm really happy you've gotten it broken in before competition time!" Jarome showed the buck a challenging grin.

"I'm not one to roost on excuses, but I do not think I could have risen to this challenge without all of your support. I'd have just been forced to keep using a Glacier or withdrawn from the competition as I'd originally planned to do." Hiroshi offered the small group a polite bow.

"Wait- You were planning to drop out of the league, Hiroshi?" Kayla tilted her head at that.

He nodded as he continued, "I was. I am still a buck with pride. To simply belly up and use their equipment after their dismissal would have been too much I fear."

"Damn... Still, didn't you start with their gear even before you made it?" Kai tilted his own head in an eerily similar way that Kayla did.

"It's a matter of principle I'd wager," The older otter of the group chimed in before waving his paw. "Regardless, you're here now and you appear to be competition worthy."

"For you boys, it's a win-win for us, since all of you are so good, and either way our new board gets its time in the limelight, however..." The vixen turned to the leopardess as she continued, "Kayla, you're the only female rider that's been cleared to use the X3 in the coming competitions, so from one former competitor to another, I do hope you'll do your utmost to represent our board to its full potential to showcase I and my husband's hard work."

Kayla gave a laugh at that and put both her gloved paws on her hips. "So long as Kai is around, I'll always give it one hundred and fifty, don't you worry about that!"

—♥—

"Did you enjoy your summer vacation, Jaron?" The brown-furred mouse called out conversationally as the camera finished its shot from the drone traveling up the half-pipe.

"Well, I spent it with my family, so it wasn't exactly summertime in their part of the world, but it was lovely, yes." The greyhound responded back to his co-host.

"Oh, that's great to hear! I spent mine practicing my moves." Jasmine thrust a thumb into her chest with a grin.

"Oh ho! You coming out of retirement, Jas?" Jaron barked out with his own grin showing.

The mouse gave a snort and shook her head. "Oh hell no, you think I could keep up with these girls? I'll come out of retirement when they start up a gray-muzzle league!"

"Oh come on, Jas, you're only what? Like thirty s-"

"I know you didn't just tell a ladies age on the air, now did you, Jaron?" Jasmine cut him off with a slight glare at the greyhound.

"Eh? N-No way, Jas, of course not! Oh hey- Speaking of the ladies, let's talk about the qualifying rounds and where all our lovely competitors ended up in the starting round!"

The mouse quirked a brow and smirked at his deflection before turning to the camera. "Are you at all surprised to see Madeline Lashinger sitting at the top spot after qualifying?"

"Is anyone? But, it looks like last season's dark horse, or dark cat as it were, is showing she's here to win this season, Kayla Hanna is right there on the Snow Bunny's heels, only being a half a point off, with Gina Rodriguez just barely eeking past her at point three behind Madeline."

Jasmine nodded at her co-host as she followed in with the men's results, "Her brother is sitting at the top spot on the boy's side of things, actually. But let's remember none of the riders put it all out during the qualifiers, so we'll have to see how the point totals look once the snow settles!"

Jaron perked his ears as he raised a padded-finger. "Let's talk about the boys for a second, specifically, let's talk about Hiroshi Yukizama, he's currently sitting fourth after qualifiers, but do you think that could be because of the gear he's currently sporting?"

Jasmine gave a nod. "It's entirely possible, or perhaps he just didn't want to put it all out there for qualifying." The mouse smiled at the camera before continuing, "Hiroshi is using a new style and brand of gear this season, but we can't talk about the various sponsors of the riders on the air, so as to not show favoritism."

"Also advertising costs money." Jaron gave a chuckle.

"That too, Jaron!" Jasmine gave her own laugh before she wagged a finger at the camera. "However, these companies HAVE paid for some attention, so we'll be back in a few minutes, folks!"

—♥—

"So, here we are, big brother." Kayla gave her brother a nice loud purr as they hugged tight outside of the prep area for the girls. It was a small dedicated building since this location got lots of competitions, not a thrown-together tent-style system like most venues.

"Yeah, surprisingly, I'm not that nervous since I know you're with me." He purred as well, both of them giving little nuzzles behind the area, nothing scandalous but certainly rather affectionate for siblings.

"I'll even come to your competitions that aren't synced up with the girl's side of things, Kai, so you'll always do your best of course!" Kayla offered him a challenging grin and quirked a brow.

"Likewise, Kayla." He pulled back and acknowledged her look. "About to throw down a gauntlet again?"

"Every time!" She showed her sharp little teeth before musing on the words for a few moments. "So, if I win, we have to-"

"Have sex? Don't we do that after every event anyway because of the adrenaline, sis?" He cut her off with a smug grin.

Kayla glared playfully at him and snarled. "Okay! Okay! Uh... if I win you gotta..." She bit her lower lip, her blue eyes darting away awkwardly.

"I gotta what?" He pulled closer, puffing down into her ears. "Gotta submit? Call you Mistress? Gonna tie me down?" He teased her as he purred, knowing she much preferred him to have the reins most of the time.

She glared daggers and shoved at his shoulders. "Okay, smart ass! What do you want if you win, if you're so smart!"

Kai showed her a crooked grin and thought on it for a moment, then brushed a paw over her chest, patting her breasts through the coat. "Hum... I want a paw and tit job from you, and I also wanna watch you masturbate in front of me!"

Her eyes widened at the last part as she hissed out. "T-That's so embarrassing! I mean the last part, can't I just use my tits and-"

"Nope, that's what I want, the whole package!" He winked at her with a toothy grin.

Kayla snarled and darted her eyes about a few times, then huffed out and glared again. "Fine! But... if I win, you gotta fuck me... in my tailhole! A-and I want you to spank me too!" She spat the words out rapidly and jerked her gaze from his.

Even Kai could feel the heat on her cheeks as he bit his lower lip. "Whoa... spanking? We've never done that before!"

"No duh, stupid!" She hissed out and turned her back before glaring over her shoulder. "You better not throw it just to get my ass, big brother. If I think you're throwing the competition to get my tailhole, I'll just get a toy and demand yours instead!" She fired back as he mewed out in shock at the terms.

"Uh... R-right..." He rubbed the back of his head, grinning a little awkwardly as she watched him drift his blue eyes down to her backside in the thermal tights she wore. Kayla made a small gulp and squirmed a little.

"A-Anyway... I love you brother, and I hope you have a good competition, I better get back to the staging area."

"Right! Uh... wow I just... I love you too, little sister!" He quickly moved to her front and leaned down slightly, both of them sharing a bump of muzzles, rubbing against one another, marking themselves with one another's scents.

Once they parted, Kayla slipped into the prep area for the girls. Madeline gave her a smug grin, putting her paws on her hips, clearly smelling the leopardess' brother on her but chose to keep on topic. "Now you know I'm gonna ride your tail the whole time, no hard feelings, yeah?"

"Maddy, even if we've been hanging out a lot lately and I consider you my friend, don't think I expect any special treatment or that I'll cut you slack!" Kayla gave her own haughty grin as the two of them stood in the staging area with the other girls all scattered about.

"Whoa, you two actually get along now?" Gina came sauntering up with an amused purr in her throat.

"Heh... she's alright, for a giant I guess." Madeline ran her paw through her white hair, then offered the leopardess a challenging grin.

"Eh? Not sure I caught that from all the way down there, short stuff, let me lean closer!" Kayla huffed out as she bent down, the rabbit sticking her own tongue out as she shoved the cat back a few paces.

Gina gave a laugh at the display and grinned at the two of them. "Wow, you two are adorable now, I'll almost feel bad forcing you into bronze and silver today."

"Wait- are you even still here or relevant?" Madeline drolled out at the other cat, looking bored with her trash talk already.

"Heh... be nice to Gina, even if it does feel forced coming from her." Kayla purred and offered the smaller cat a smile.

"Tut... you two are no fun! Well, I wish you safe rides as always." She gave them both a grin as the two returned the gesture. Gina perked her ears and then stared hard at Madeline's board that was nearby. "Wait a sec! Madeline, what is that? That's not your Glacier."

The rabbit cast her red eyes over to the board and then smirked at the persian. "You're right, it's not. That's Gemini's newest little toy I broke in recently, it's not even on the market yet. They call it an Ice Reaver."

"Hey! That's not fair, why didn't I get to play with it?" Kayla hissed out, glaring at Madeline.

Madeline gave her a bored look and clicked her tongue. "I told you before, I can't have visitors at the Gemini training facility and I couldn't take it off property either. I've got it now though, I'll let you putz around on it later you big crybaby."

"You two really have strengthened your bonds in the off-season. I hope we all have a safe season this year," Gina purred and offered both the other girls a smile before trotting to her own gear as one of the event staff pushed in to get everyone ready.

—♥—

"I can't believe... I said that to him... What was I thinking?" Kayla snarled aloud to herself as she buckled in, getting ready to drop in on her first run. Madeline had already made her first drop and a statement with it, bringing in an 89.5 on her opening run. The league was changing the format a bit this year where the top qualifier dropped in first to open things.

"Here's one of our twins now. Think we'll see that spark she had last season?" Jaron called out conversationally.

"Given she seemed in good form during qualifying, I think that's safely assumed, Jaron. She does look unfocused right now though as if something is weighing on her. So we'll have to see." Jasmine spoke out, Kayla lifting her ears at the words before she dialed her music up and gave the camera a nod.

Kayla took a deep breath, focusing on herself. Jasmine was right, she was here in the thick of it, she didn't need to worry about stupid playful wagers with her brother. This was a new season and not only him, but Madeline would also be very disappointed if she didn't do her best.

Her eyes were sharper as she snapped her goggles down and dropped into the pipe. Her teeth clenched and she could feel the biting cold air against her gums as she kicked off the wall, getting massive height, the world blurring in practiced chaos, trusting her instincts to land the board even through the whirlwind of vision.

The X3 stuck the landing, hitting the wall as if it were made of glass as she leveled off, hearing the crowd roaring even through her music. Kicking off on her second pass she did a spin and just held her board, hanging upside down for most of the trick, sailing through the air, seeing sparkling snow scatter in her vision. She could see the mountains, the sky, and of course, hear the screams of adoration.

Once she reached the bottom of the pipe, she ground the board to a halt, staring at all the fans screaming for her. She lifted her goggles, just looking them over, seeing a scattering of young girls of the less traditional species throughout it, larger species that would regularly be discounted for such a thing. Yet here she was as if opening the door for them, showing them it could be done and they didn't have to just be some little bunny or cat.

It was in that moment she felt the spark in her soul, and she realized she was there, she was one of the world's best. Kai was already on top of her, his hug bringing her back to reality as her eyes widened, then she felt herself hug him back, as if trying to return to her own body in the moment.

"Holy shit! Holy... shit!" He called out into her ear excitedly, not even caring if the camera's picked it up. Was it that good? She still hadn't come down from the adrenaline, even Madeline was staring at her with a gaped maw hanging, as if still stunned.

"What... was that?!" Jaron spoke out in awe.

"That was me being glad I retired," Jasmine laughed as the place was still roaring with applause.

Kayla blinked at her brother a few times before it all settled and hugged him back harder, a small grin curling on her muzzle to feel him touching her, to smell him in her arms. She drank the moment in, it wasn't a championship or some major last-minute upset, it was her first run of the season, but in that moment, it all felt right. He was there with her, Madeline was there with her too, they shared it with her like they would all the ones to come.

Madeline just offered her a smile and shake of her head before making her way back to the lift. The score dropped and it was the biggest number the female's side had seen in a few years, a massive 98.2, the crowd going wild and Kayla's knees going weak as she just stared at it.

"Kayla! Whaaaat was that?!" Jaron shoved the mic in her face, the leopard still looking a little stunned before she showed him a crooked grin.

"Wait, are you sure that's my score?" She laughed and then just shook her head, she could barely hear her own words from all the cheering.

"Jasmine said after seeing that, she's glad she retired!" He laughed as Kayla smiled, then looked over at her brother, then to the young girls in the crowd before meeting the camera once more with her eyes.

"Well, I'll say the same thing I do every time, Jaron. That was for my big brother and my... fans." She huffed out proudly as she poked her nose up playfully. The crowd roared at her acknowledging them and she grinned a little and waved before moving back to the lift.

Meanwhile, Jasmine made a beeline straight to Kai. "Hey hey, get over here!" She called out, pulling the other leopard aside from the crowd.

"Eh? Hey, Jasmine, I know you're a fan but I've not even dropped in yet!" He laughed as the mouse offered him a grin at his commentary.

"Yeah yeah, Casanova, don't go making my husband jealous. How did you feel seeing that run your sister just laid down?" She shoved the mic into his face with a grin.

"I mean, just wow! We've been training really hard in the offseason, so I knew she had it in her, still to see her put it all out like that was amazing. I'm so proud of her and I'm going to do my best to rise to that level later today so I don't let her down too!" Kai clenched his gloved paws into fists, showing the camera a proud but determined grin.

"You two really are a force of nature! I'm looking forward to seeing what you can show us later today as well, thanks for being a good sport at the impromptu interview, Kai!" Jasmine squeaked out before pushing the mic back into his face.

"Hey no problem, anytime, Jasmine!" He waved at the camera.

Jasmine heard the feed drop in her earpiece and gave the large cat a playful grin, Kai blinking at her a few times curiously. "I don't actually have a husband, I just say that to keep the boys off, you know?"

"O-Oh?" Kai spoke awkwardly with a small smile.

"If you're not scared of older girls, call me sometime, Casanova, I could show you some tricks on slopes, and off, if you know what I mean." The mouse gave him a confident smile, her brown eyes sparkling as she winked and trotted right off.

Kai looked stunned by the casual offer, not even able to respond or properly process things as Jasmine walked away, a sway in her hips as she gave him another quick glance over her shoulder with a grin.

"Well, that was quite a bar to set, Kayla." Madeline spoke out cooly as the leopardess trotted back into the staging area.

"What in the hell!?" Gina mewed out, giving the larger cat a playful push on her shoulder. "Are you even the same Kayla as last year, cat?!"

Kayla grinned and felt her cheeks burn as she rubbed the back of her head at all the other girls sharing impressed sentiments towards her. "I- I don't know... I just felt like... right I guess? Does that make sense?"

Madeline met her eyes with a knowing nod, as if she had processed more than any other girl what had just happened, but didn't say anything to the question. Gina smiled and gave a shrug to her before gathering up her board. "Guess I better put up or shut up, damn..." She purred out as she made her way to the gate.

"You got this, Gina!" Kayla called out with a wave of her paw.

After things settled down, the first and second rounds ended with Kayla at the top of the pile with her 98.2, Madeline had put down an 89.5 but was in third, with Gina perched in second with a 91.2.

Kayla watched every girl drop in on their third pass, butterflies in her stomach, but a little voice telling her she was already winning this, a confident collected cat that knew she was at the top of her game now.

"So here we are, two girls left to try to topple that score, and we're starting with last season's champion, Madeline!" Jasmine squeaked out cheerfully.