Avalanche of Love Ep. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"She's got her work cut out for her, even the 'Snow Bunny' has never scored that high!" Jaron called back informatively.

Madeline snarled at the camera as she heard the sportscasters over the loudspeaker, snapping her goggles into place as she pointed at the camera with that same look she gave at last season's pivotal competition. "Guess we gotta fix that, huh?" she spat the words out before dialing her music up and dropping in.

That's the thing with competition, some are only challenging themselves, and others are doing it for fame or glory. Then there are those that can only truly rise to an occasion when someone pushes them to do so. Madeline had spent most of the off-season training or hanging out with Kayla, she'd seen her now friend grow and improve with each meeting.

Her teeth clenched as she spun, holding her board, putting up the biggest trick she could muster. The crowd was screaming but she didn't even hear them, her mind was filled with the coffee shop visits, the shopping trips, getting their claws done, and watching movies together. The landing stuck and she pushed it away to focus on the next jump.

Her air was even more than she'd ever done, flipping, twisting, gripping the board while she sailed down the pipe before another landing was stuck, again thinking of her time with the first real friend she'd had in her life. She was only going for three passes this time, she'd burned too much distance on the elaborate tricks. She had to put it all out there, she had to do it to show how much she cared for her friend, to show she'd not hold back. It wasn't just competition, it was respect, for herself, and Kayla.

"Shit!" Madeline gasped out as she put a little too much on the last jump, seeing she was going to run out of pipe if she tried to finish everything. She twisted her hips and forced the board down early, managing to stick right at the outside cusp of the halfpipe before it ended. The crowd had actually been holding their breath, thinking they were about to see the worst, but her training and experience came to bear to save the run as well as herself.

Her heart was pounding as she came to a stop, her knees feeling weak as the crowd started roaring. She knew had she missed that landing, she'd basically plummeted straight into the ground with no slope. She flopped right down onto her back, panting and looking up at the cloudy sky, flakes of snow drifting down, just splayed out trying to calm her heart, only one thing coming to mind in that potentially near-death or career-ending experience.

"W- What... was that?!" Jaron called out with a stammer.

"Insane, that was insane! I thought she was a goner for a second there, but holy gods above she stuck that! She absolutely stuck that by the claws on her damn footpaws! I think only like a quarter of the damn board was on the pipe!" Jasmine squeaked out excitedly.

Kayla just blinked at the display on the TV back at the top of the pipe, her gloved paw was still over her mouth, her heart pounding in her ears. When it looked like Madeline was going to miss the wall, it felt like her heart was going to explode.

Gina offered her a crooked grin and shrug. "Man... how am I supposed to... I mean... damn, it's unfair to drop in after something like that, you know? Oh well, off I go then!" She laughed and slapped Kayla on the shoulder as she made her way to the gate, jarring the leopardess out of her shock.

Madeline found her boots after several moments, her knees still wobbly and heart still pounding, but she couldn't even unbuckle them from the board before Jaron was on her with a mic in her face. "Madeline! Whaaaat?!"

She snorted and composed herself before pushing a gloved paw through her platinum-white hair after removing her helmet and goggles. "Please stop dragging the word 'what' out like that, Jaron, no one enjoys it."

"Oh come on, I've done that for years now!" He laughed out with a bark.

"I know, everyone knows. Stop it." Madeline showed the camera a knowing grin and a wink. "There you go my fans, I'm getting older but I'm no less bolder, all for you!" She gave the camera a finger gun, not bothering to talk to Jaron as she trotted over to the waiting area, already hopping right up to the first place position.

The score dropped and Madeline offered a haughty smirk at it, a 98.4. She knew it'd have easily been another digit had she stuck the last landing more cleanly, but she'd take it. Of course, the crowd roared their approval, chants of 'Snow Bunny' circulating through it.

Gina and Kayla couldn't beat their previous scores so the Snow Bunny, was getting her first gold of the season, offering a strong start to showcase Gemini's new board, with Kayla sporting a silver and the persian getting a bronze.

"You couldn't do it, could you? Just couldn't stand me one-upping your tail!" Kayla mewed out with a laugh from the second place perch, just hugging the rabbit up right there as she finished her run, Madeline being somewhat level with her from the small platform difference but still a little shorter.

"I suppose you just bring it out in me, I couldn't let you down, could I? Promised I'd not take it easy on you." She hugged the cat back, grinning as she listened to her loud purr, faintly smelling Kai on her as well.

Kayla grinned at the rabbit as their eyes met, hanging for a moment before she offered an awkward smile and pulled from the hug, knowing they were on camera. Madeline blinked a few times before composing herself as well, clearing her throat, "Anyway... yeah, I won't go easy on you, and you better not go easy on me!"

"Roger that! I won't go easy on you either, Gina!" Kayla clenched her paws and grinned over at the persian.

"Goodness, I just feel I'm trying to keep up with you two at this point. I simply must train harder I suppose." She giggled then frowned and put a paw on Madeline's shoulder. "But Madeline, do please try to be less reckless in the future, that was terrifying, my heart felt like it stopped when I thought you were going to miss the pipe edge!"

"Yours and mine both!" She called out with a cocky grin, then gave a nod. "I'll work on it for sure, the Ice Reaver is still being broken in after all, better to not break myself in the process, huh?"

"Yes, please do, I'd... Madeline, you're my friend, I don't want to, I mean-" Kayla frowned but then they all had to turn their attention to Jasmine who was trotting over to speak with them.

—♥—

"I think I can safely say, no one is watching us today after the show the girls just put on!" Jarome mewed out with a laugh as he walked into the staging area.

"That was quite the showing between them to be sure. The top three were all in the nineties. They are certainly setting a bar for us boys this year." Hiroshi nodded introspectively as he rubbed his chin.

Kai smiled and shook his head. "I'm still wrapping my brain around all that. Kayla just... she must have really wanted to get spank-" He hissed out then coughed, "Erm... encourage Madeline to spank her in the top score, huh?" He laughed awkwardly at his own wording.

"Spanking? Dude where is your mind today? I know Madeline's ass looks good in those tights, but c'mon... besides, did you see the way Kayla and she were looking at each other on camera just now?" Jarome spoke out with a laugh, "Now I know why I got shot down by both of them, they're totally into one another!"

Kai's tail jerked up at that but Hiroshi scoffed out, "You're a moron, they're just good friends and there was adrenaline from the performance. You'd not understand real emotion since you're jumping on any tail that limply raises for you." The buck hissed, looking annoyed with the lynx.

"Blow me, what would you know, Mr. forever v-card!" Jarome gave his own hiss, clenching his paws.

"Fellows, please... let us not bring the chakra of the area down with such negativity," Raul called out in a relaxed voice, joining the trio for the talk.

Hiroshi nodded to the collie. "How was your offseason, Raul?"

The small dog sighed and shook his head. "It was hectic, having to promote my father's board making, I did not practice nearly as much as I'd have liked. I am happy to be back here doing what I love."

Kai looked lost in thought as the boys talked amongst themselves, then huffed out as Jarome shoved gently against his shoulder. "Earth to Kai? Are you okay? Raul asked how your offseason was a bit ago and you're just zoning out, cat!"

"Oh sorry, a lot on my mind I guess!" He mewed out and smiled at Raul. "It was productive, got lots of training in and got to hang out with these guys a bit!"

The collie smiled and pushed a paw to his chest, covering a small charm he wore as his ears lifted. "You seemed anxious and that is dangerous before a run, what weighs on you, Kai?"

Kai frowned and darted his eyes to the side. He couldn't just blather about his sister or the awkward stares she seemed to be giving Madeline, were they growing something? Were they just in an odd moment and just friends? Then there was Jasmine with that brazen statement. Finally, he called out, "Uh... do you guys ever get like... hit on by fans and stuff?"

"Yes," Hiroshi groaned

"Constantly!" Jarome hummed out cheerfully.

"It is part of this life we have chosen for ourselves," Raul nodded, speaking melodically.

Jarome showed a grin and flicked his tail. "Oh shit, Kai! You already getting some groupies? Got some tail you'd like to brag ab-"

"Shut up, he's obviously just troubled." Hiroshi shoved Raul back a pace with a sigh.

"Does this bother you, Kai? Perhaps you seek more intimate relationships, not flights of fancy?" Raul tilted his head with a smile.

"I dunno, I just felt awkward I guess, I've only really ever wanted to be with my sist-" His ears jerked up as his tail shot out. "Significant other! I only want to be with someone for the long term, yeah!" He huffed out and bit his lower lip.

All three of the other boys offered him a slow blink at that before Hiroshi nodded at him. "There is no shame in wishing love over sex, my friend."

Jarome grinned and slapped Kai on the shoulder. "Yeah, even a slut like me can agree to that, man! Casual hook-ups aren't for everyone, just politely decline." The lynx threw his arm over the other cat's shoulder as he huffed out with a grin, "But hey, if they're hot, send 'em my way, deal?"

Raul chuckled at that and flicked his tail a few times before turning away. "I also only seek a particular kind of partner, one that is calm in spirit but passionate. I understand, Kai. Just be kind when you push off their affections and you will be fine."

"Just say you've got a girlfriend and leave it at that, it's what I do." Hiroshi nodded to the leopard.

"You mean boyfriend?" Jarome hissed out playfully, then mewled out as the buck snarled and shoved him away.

"Why are you even allowed to exist." Hiroshi sighed, glaring at the smaller cat that hissed and clenched his own paws into fists, the two right back to the point where Raul had interrupted them, the collie sighing with a shake of his head.

—♥—

"Damn it... Get your head out of the clouds and focus, you stupid cat!" Kai snarled as he strapped his boots into place on his board, awkwardly shifting his hips to scoot down the hill a bit more with his board tilted to the side.

"Looks like brother and sister both have a lot on their minds today huh? It's almost like looking at how Kayla was looking!" Jaron called out.

"Well, they are twins, that stands to reason," Jasmine chirped out cheerfully, not seeming to miss a beat on her sportscasting despite what she said to the leopard earlier. Kai swallows a small lump hearing her voice again, then snapped his teeth.

"Gods damn it..." He hissed out and shoved his gloved paw into his pocket, pulling out his cell phone to look at his wallpaper, a picture of Kayla and him hugging up together for a selfie. He shook his head, clearing his mind, thinking only of her, knowing this was for her before he shoved his phone back away.

Snapping his goggles into place he dialed his music up and dropped in, thinking only of his twin as he hit that wall and took off. He thought about their wager, their training together, but then he thought about all the time she'd been spending with Madeline. What if she was into the rabbit? What if she didn't want to keep this going with him for the long term? Should he broaden his horizons? Was this really okay?

"Woah! Fuck!" He mewed out as he literally landed on the corner of the halfpipe edge, the tip of his board catching and jerking his footpaws out from under him. The world spun as he crashed against the slope of the pipe, tumbling down it, as he clenched his teeth, keeping his arms over his face, waiting on the spinning to subside.

His arms ached and his hip was throbbing as he finally came to a stop, the crowd silent after the initial gasp. He was still seeing stars as he clenched his teeth, huffing out as he pushed his paws to the snow, slowly lifting himself upright again. There was a relieved groan from the fans before they started applauding for him as he slowly coasted down the pipe to the bottom.

Kayla was ontop of him at once, paws on his arms, pushing and prodding, looking him over. "Brother! Gods... are you okay?!" She hissed out and looked up at him, tears showing her blue eyes, her cheeks clearly wet. "Fuck! You scared me so bad just now, what the hell was that?!"

"Sorry, I just-"

"Asshole!" She sobbed out and punched his chest. "What were you even thinking?! You were a million miles away, why weren't you fucking dialed in!" She snarled and glared at him, tears clearly showing, the event staff not even trying to get close to them to break them up.

"I'm sorry, I was just worried, thinking about... you, us, things... I guess?" He huffed out and shook his head, everyone just staring at the siblings having their moment right there.

Kayla showed a snarling glare at the camera before she jerked him close by his jacket. "Get unlocked from your board, I'll meet you up top outside of the prep area, and we'll talk without all of... this!" She hissed out and stomped off to the lift.

Kai nodded with a frown, feeling awkward and embarrassed as he just stood there at the bottom, everyone staring as he rubbed the back of his head, then unbuckled his boots finally and quickly moved back to the lift after his sister.

"Well... that was scary, I'm glad Kai is okay, but damn... he really did look like he had a lot on his mind, I wonder what had him so rattled?" Jaron sighed out to the audience.

"... Yeah, you gotta wonder, huh? Sorry Kai, I'm sure your next run will be better." Jasmine spoke out solemnly not sounding her chipper self.

"Hey, you okay, Jas?" Jaron called out.

"Eh? Y-Yeah... you uh... know how it is, Jaron. See a fall like that, sometimes it uh... takes you back, you know?" She laughed awkwardly.

"Oh, yeah, true that, all us former pros have a bit of that still lingering in our brain mass." Jaron barked out with a chuckle, the mouse just offering another small laugh before nodding.

"Hey, let's go to break, we'll be back in a sec, folks!" Jasmine squeaked out cheerfully.

—♥—

"Kai... that look you had in your eyes..." Kayla folded her arms, looking composed as she tilted her chin up to look at him. "That's the look you had when you worried about... us. When you worried about me and you, back at the ski lodge..."

"Sorry, Kayla, I just... I just-"

"You just what?! You getting sick of me or something?!" She hissed out and glared at him, her eyes looking wet again as she stared at him.

"No! You're my everything, Kayla! I don't... Am I... Am I enough for you though? Am I holding you back?" He hissed out and clenched his gloved--paws into fists as he just spat it out.

Kayla looked stunned at that and shook her head. "Kai. You're the only fucking boy I want, now and forever, the only guy I'll ever-"

"What about a girl though?" He huffed out, cutting her off, Kayla widened her eyes, looking confused for a moment before clenching her jaw as the words settled in.

"Kai... uh... are you implying something?" She hissed out and averted her gaze.

"You and Madeline have been hanging out a lot, do you like her? I mean... like like her." He hissed out and put a paw on his hip.

"I- I don't know, Kai! I mean... I really like her as a friend, we've never uh... done anything other than- huh? Kai, where is this coming from?" She stammered then glared at him half-heartedly, tears in her eyes.

"The boys were all saying you two looked like you were into one another after her near fall. You looked at her like you just... looked at me." He hissed out and looked away.

"Kai... Madeline is... my dear friend, but that's all she is, okay? Seeing her almost take that fall, it just-" Kayla hissed and looked away.

"It what? Kayla, I'm not... I mean..." He sighed and rubbed the back of his head. "Kayla... it's okay if you want more, I know this is weird and-"

"It's not weird, stupid! I love you, fuck what everyone thinks!" She hissed out and shoved hard at his shoulder, glaring as she blinked tears out of her eyes.

He nodded and frowned. "I'm sorry, I mean it's okay if you did want that, so long as you and me, I mean so long as you didn't want another guy?" He stammered out and rubbed the back of his head.

"Kai... is this some segue that you want to be with me but us see other people?" Kayla hissed and folded her arms.

"No! I- I don't want to see anyone but you, I don't want another girl and I don't want another boy either, you are all I want!" He hissed and clenched his fists, then frowned and shook his head. "But... I mean if you wanted a girlfriend or something, that'd be cool... You've always thought other girls were pretty and even went through that phase in middle school where you thought you were a lesbian, so uh..."

"Kai Hannah! Are you assuming to tell me what I want?!" She hissed and shoved his shoulder before swallowing a lump in her throat, Madeline coming right into her mind again like she'd been doing this whole time.

"Uh... look I'm just saying, if you and Madeline started something, I'd not stop you? I mean... I'm not going to be some weirdo and ask to join or anything. I just want-"

"That's a good thing, because I'm not into boys," The voice called out as both of them jumped when the white rabbit rounded the corner of the small building where all the boys were prepping for the second run.

"Madeline!" Kayla mewed out, her voice taking on a higher pitch, her cheeks feeling hot. "Y-You eavesdropped on us?"

"I came up here to check on you, Kayla, and you too Kai." She pushed a paw through her hair, rubbing one of her flopped over ears before frowning and settling her red eyes on Kai. "Near-death experiences are a bitch, huh, Kai? You okay?"

"I'm- I'm fine, thanks Mad..." He jerked his gaze away awkwardly. He had heard from Kayla sometime ago she was in the loop but it was still quite an awkward situation to be in.

"Kayla, do you have feelings for me?" Madeline asked the leopardess point-blank.

"I don't... know?" She rubbed the back of her head and sighed, "Seeing you almost... I mean... do y-"

"I think I do, yeah." She tilted her head speaking the words cooly. "I only dated one other girl years ago, but... you make me feel that way, when I thought I was about to eat it, I only thought about you..." Her red eyes looked back to the larger cat. "Sorry Kai, I'm not the type to-"

"It's okay, Mad! Really... I mean... I want my sister to be happy, she can board for more than just me, ya know?"

Madeline nodded then looked to Kayla. "These last few months have been very special to me, I think of you both as friends, but after what happened..." She pushed her paw through her hair again. "Kai, I've respected your relationship from day one, and I'll keep doing that, but I think I like your sister, you two sort it and let me know."