Avalanche of Love Ep. 09

Story Info
Episode 9: Pride and Glory.
11.9k words
4.8
1.3k
00

Part 9 of the 13 part series

Updated 06/16/2023
Created 04/10/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back, my lovely reader!

I've got a pretty chunky episode for you this time, lovely! What can I say? I was inspired I suppose. Regardless Hiroshi is doing alright now it seems, especially with Kai helping him with recovery.

There's a lot going on this episode and it's going to be a pretty wild ride, but stick it out and I think you'll have a nice saucy scene at the end with our favorite sibling trio!

Let's jump right in!

—♥—

Episode 9:

Pride and Glory

Kai peered down over Hiroshi as the buck lay across the bench. "C'mon, one more, give me one more!" The leopard hissed out, his gloved paws hovering over the bar.

"Fu- You're gonna make me break my fucking arm before I even get back on the pipe tomorrow!" Hiroshi snarled back, but his paws tightened their grip as he puffed his cheeks out and strained to heft the bar up one more time, the weights on the ends clinking a little.

"You'll be fine you big baby!" Kai mewed out as his own paws grabbed the bar once it was high enough, pulling it back to rack it. Hiroshi just flopped his arms down while panting.

After sitting up and taking a drink from his sports bottle, the buck grumbled as he pushed his wet locks of hair out of his face. "Are we done yet?"

"Nope! We still gotta go for a run!" Kai called back to him with a grin before hopping a few times on his own footpaws that were already in running shoes.

"It's below freezing out there and sleeting." Hiroshi sighed as he looked out at the frost covered window pane.

"We board in below freezing all the time, just make sure you wear your slip resistant shoes!" The leopard grinned as he thrust a gloved paw out to the buck.

"I think you're just trying to kill me before tomorrow." Hiroshi spoke dryly as he gripped the slightly larger paw and stood from the bench, his arms still feeling like gelatin.

"Mwa ha ha! You've seen through my devious master plan a moment too late, Mr Yukazama!" Kai cackled out in his best spy-movie villain voice, then gave the buck a smirk. "Get your shoes on, man."

The first thing Hiroshi did when he got back in was sling his jacket off, the thermals doing a good job to wick away the sweat from his fur as he heaved and put both paws on his hips, slowly pacing, knowing better than to double over or he'd throw up.

"Heh... it's only been two weeks, already that out of it, man?" Kai called out as he panted himself, but not nearly as labored, calmly tugging his own jacket off.

"You said a mile... that was like... three..." The buck panted out before finding his bottle and drinking from it.

"Uh huh... you'll thank me working all the injury kinks out now, vs you feeling them halfway through the competition tomorrow!" Kai shoved his thumb into his own chest. "I've gotta push you hard now, so you'll be limbered up and ready to lose to me tomorrow!"

"We'll see about that." Hiroshi fired back in that cool tone of his, but still had a light pant on his breath.

"Heh... that's the spirit!" Kai mewed out and threw his fist forward.

Hiroshi just rolled his eyes as he knocked his fist with the leopards. "Thanks..."

"It's no big deal, I kind of feel responsible anyway. I got you using an X3, I also whipped you up with my shit-talk that day. Least I can do is help you bounce back." He gave a shrug before moving for his own bottle of water.

"Yeah? Well, trash talk is part of the game. I should have kept my head level. Still, I appreciate you being such a good... friend." Hiroshi hesitated on that last word.

"We're all your friends, Roshi. You don't have to stay so closed off. Look at Madeline and Kayla. They're absolute monsters because their feelings fuel their own competitive spirit, just like with me and them! We all care about one another, so we try our best to challenge one another!" Kai gave a jovial laugh then shrugged again with a smile.

"You almost make it sound like you're also dating Madeline, Kai." Hiroshi huffed out casually.

"Ha! I wish! You seen the ass on that bunny?" Kai fired back with a snarky grin. He'd been working on his deflections since the Raul incident a few weeks ago. He knew it wasn't just his twin's career but his bunny-sister's too that could be put at risk if it got out, so he made his mind up to put the effort in to protect both of them.

"Yeah? I don't really pay the girls or the boys much mind." Hiroshi shrugged.

"Nothing wrong with that, man. Life's not all about chasing tail and adding notches to your bedpost like Jarome!" Kai gave another chuckle as he rolled his shoulder.

Hiroshi just snarled at the mention of Jarome and picked up his phone, just staring at the lock screen. Kai frowned and moved his paws to his own hips. "Roshi, what are you gonna do after you one-up your Mom?"

The buck frowned as he looked over at the larger boy then shrugged. "I don't know, and honestly, that scares me a little. Maybe I'll just retire and go be an instructor or something."

"Hey, do you even enjoy boarding?" Kai took a seat on one of the benches in the Altima gym area and looked up at Hiroshi.

He folded his arms, rubbing under his muzzle in thought. "It's complicated... the air and tricks are exhilarating when I'm in the zone, but a lot of times I just feel like I'm on autopilot unless I'm being pushed. Truth be told, I'm actually not very competitive with anyone but myself, so-"

"Hey!" Kai interrupted him with a lifted finger. "What about slopestyle or a big air style?"

Hiroshi slowly blinked at the cat, processing things. Slopestyle was a lot like freestyle skateboarding. You would grind on course obstacles, still would hit hills for tricks too, but it was a very different beast compared to half-pipe. Big air was as the name implied, where you just built up a lot of speed for one jump and just went as crazy as you could before you had to stick the landing.

He shook his head and sighed at him, "Kai, those are usually their own things. It's rare that-"

"Madeline does all three, and Kayla is thinking about getting into slope-style. I've thought about trying slope myself. I used to love trick riding on my skateboard as a kit!" Kai offered the buck a grin.

"Madeline is a savant, and your sister hasn't actually done it yet. Most riders need to stick to one style for a reason, Kai." Hiroshi's voice took on an edge as he folded his arms.

"Things like prodigies and savants? I call bullshit on those terms, man. It's all about how much effort and time you're willing to sink into it. Sure, you need to have the time and equipment for it, but if you've got the means, anyone can be a savant with enough effort!" Kai fired back and cocked a brow.

Hiroshi glared at him, then sighed and put a paw on his own hip. "What are you getting at, Kai?"

"Your mom just did half-pipe. Groomed you for surpassing her in that, yeah? Sure you could follow your prescribed destiny, but wouldn't it be cool to get to the olympics doing other stuff too? Sure Mom you got a half-pipe medal, but I got medals in multiple sports, on my own terms!"

Hiroshi perked his ears at that and Kai could see his eyes darting about, as if he were processing things. "I... do really like going fast on the board... that's probably my favorite part."

"Ha! Sounds like you need to start practicing your high speed turns and flag dodging then!" Kai hissed out as he stood and clenched his fists.

Hiroshi cocked a brow. "Are you proposing I look into the slalom competition? That's very different from half-pipe, Kai."

"Exactly! It's snowboarding, but very different, and something totally different than what mommy-dearest groomed you for! Have you ever even tried it?" Kai perked his ears.

"Uh... I've not. Mother wanted me focusing on tricks and air. I distinctly remember as a fawn I wanted to once and she told me it was a waste of ... time." Hiroshi looked up at Kai, his eyes looking clearer.

"There you go then. Keep doing what you do, but let's talk to Altima about getting you a Slipstream in your paws so you can start practicing before the next games!" Kai mewed out excitedly.

Snowboards are just like many other athletic tools. Different ones are used for different styles of competition. You'd not try to figure skate on hockey skates for example. Nor would you try to play baseball in soccer cleats.

Hiroshi sighed at the leopard, "Kai, I appreciate your enthusiasm, and I like this idea, but the Olympics are next year, I can't poss-"

"You'll be fine! I like going fast too, my mom used to joke around that I should have been born a hedgehog! We'll start training together and both get in, then I'll ride your tail to do your best all the way to the podium!" He offered the buck that challenging grin he always did when it was about competition.

Hiroshi offered a small smile at that and shook his head. "I feel we both are overestimating ourselves, but... alright. Let me see how I hold up in tomorrow's competition, and we'll go from there."

"Shake on it!" Kai thrust his paw out, the buck cocking a brow but shoving his gloved paw into the larger one before him, both the boys giving a few firm shakes before parting grips.

"Cwap! Cwap! Cwap!" Kai mewed out through his mouthguard before the board simply flew out from under him and he slammed into a small bank of soft snow. Spitting his mouthguard out he groaned as he brushed snow off his muzzle.

"C'mon, brother. You gotta focus, this isn't like half-pipe, you don't slam the breaks on, you kinda drift, like a car." Madeline ground her board to a halt near him, offering a grin as she put a gloved paw on her hip, having chosen to use the title since no one else was within ear-shot of them.

"I know, I know! It's just really tough to know when to slow down and how to position the board!" He huffed out as he dusted himself off and looked down at the course with the flags dotting it, he'd only gotten three turns in, but that was still his best so far.

"Okay, okay... let's go slow, follow me, and try to pay attention to my movements, not my ass." Madeline patted her own rear with a wink and pushed off to continue down the slalom.

Kai couldn't help but admire his bunny-sister's round butt in those tights, but finally shook his head and mewed out, "Hey, wait for me, geeze!" Scrambling to push off, he shoved the mouthguard back into his maw and tried to match the rabbit as she slowly took the course while he followed.

Once they got to the bottom of the slalom course, Hiroshi and Kayla were there waiting for them. Kayla showed a grin to her brother as he ground his Slipstream to a halt. "I dunno, Kai. I think you and Roshi should go do the couples figure skating competition instead, what with the grace and coordination you two seem to show as you crash into the same snowbanks together!"

Kai scoffed at his twin and spit his mouthpiece out before responding, "Hardy har! You're so funny, sis."

"Heh... don't be too harsh on them, babe. I don't see your tail up there trying." Madeline offered her girlfriend a challenging grin.

"I just like to pick on the boys." Kayla showed both the leopard and buck a playful smirk.

Hiroshi snorted and turned to Madeline. "Madeline, why aren't you also doing the slalom? You seem fairly comfortable and adept at it. You already do-"

"I don't like it." She gave a shrug as she cut him off. "I'm a show-off, Hiroshi. I wanna do the crazy tricks and make my fans scream, I just don't get that intensity when I do slalom. That said... End of the day, I do this for me. Not my fans, not Gemini's paycheck. I do what, I want." Madeline patted her own chest with her gloved paw, then jerked her gaze to the lift. "Now c'mon, let's try to get you past turn three."

"Well, that's fair." Hiroshi followed after the rabbit as the two of them got on the lift and started riding it back up.

"It's really cool that Madeline is trying to help you guys get your paws wet." Kayla glanced over at her brother who already looked like he was over her teasing words from earlier.

"She's really something special. Maybe that really is her secret though. She does what she loves above all else, she doesn't give in to the hype or fame." He folded his arms, watching the lift chair move back to the top of the course.

"You know, she actually used to be pretty closed off and stuffy. Talked plenty of shit, kept her distance... She's changed more than I realize until just now..." Kayla mused on the words, rubbing her jaw.

"She seems happier, so does Hiroshi." Kai nodded as he just flopped down into the snow, then gave a little grunt as Kayla plopped right down with him, hugging him and nuzzling under his jaw.

"You seem happier too, brother. I know I'm happier since you came back into my life and she joined ours." Kayla feathered a few kisses along his throat while they had the privacy.

"Yeah, I remember a time when we thought it'd just be the two of us forever, then the next thing I know, we've got a bunny-sister sharing our bed!" Kai chuckled and patted his sister's backside while she clung, feeling her offer little love nips along his throat before she pulled away.

"I better not get carried away..." She sighed as she gently moved to sit next to him in a less intimate fashion.

Kai gave her a nod and smiled. "Yeah, I've been working harder on keeping my cool and responding more casually about you and Mad. I wanna keep your guy's careers safe, but I get it, Kayla."

"It kinda sucks I can't show you both off." She gave him a little pout like she did when they were kittens and fussing over toys.

"Yeah, but it's also no one's business but ours, so to hell with it. I got you two when we're alone and that's more than enough for me!" Kai spoke out cheerfully, then slowly stood back up as he saw Hiroshi getting ready to drop in.

"The Olympics huh?" Kayla huffed out as she stayed in the snow lounging, foggy mist coming from her muzzle.

"I think..." Kai folded his arms and frowned. "Is it arrogant to say, I think Hiroshi needs me for that push?"

"Not at all. You're his friend, brother. Just like how me and Madeline push you, you push him. You don't have to be in a sexual relationship to be a means of inspiration or challenge." Kayla purred out and then gave a laugh. "Or do you think you two are going to start some boy love up? Your cock is enough for me, brother, but if you-"

"Oh my gods... shut up, Kayla!" Kai laughed out and shook his head. "If anyone was a contender for boy love with Roshi, it's Jarome."

"Ooooh, you'd get punched in the face for that if they heard you!" Kayla laughed.

"Which one of them would do the punching?" He grinned down at her.

"Both of them!" She fired back with her own grin.

The twins both looked up as they heard Madeline shout, "Watch your angle, stupid!" Right as the buck went end over end into the snowbank on the fifth turn.

"Heh... progress is progress I guess." Kayla purred with an amused flick of her tail in the snow.

"It was only a week ago that Hiroshi Yukazama returned to competition after his injury last month, but he showed the world he wasn't letting that get him down, handily taking the gold in the half-pipe competition, but could anyone have seen this?" The older male calico called out while propping his elbows on the desk, his short hair salt and pepper to match his naturally gray coat of fur.

"Certainly not, Chaz, and Kai Hannah the current half-pipe points leader also joining in?" The younger blonde rabbit responded before her green eyes shot to the camera. "Hello, I'm three-time Olympic medalist, Harley Andrews-"

"And I'm five-time Olympic medalist, Chaz Dalton, I only say that because I'm required to." He snorted into the camera with a fatherly smile.

"Hey hey, Chaz. What do you think of these two nosing in on slalom competitions like this?" Harley asked curiously, the announcer's desk positioned to show the slalom course behind them, both the rabbit and cat dressed in durable winterwear.

"Well, Harley. They barely eeked by in qualifying to get here. They may be elite in the half-pipe but you and I both know that's a very different beast. I'd say we'll see some middling performance out of the two of them, but I'd be shocked if we saw any amazing times."

"I agree with you, Chaz, but we've been wrong before though!" Harley fired back with a grin.

"Of course! It's always a good thing when the competitors surprise us after all. We don't actually know how long they've been training, and they are professional athletes already with the nerves mostly worked out." The older calico snorted out then jerked his head towards the slopes behind them. "Give them the details, Harley."

The shot shifted to the drone that slowly panned down the course as Harley got right into her explanation, "Most of you know already, but the course is dotted with gates at each turn, so riders have to zig-zag down the course, trying to maintain as high a speed as possible, but stay within the gates!"

"That's right, and if they miss a gate, there's a time addition added to their final total." Chaz hissed out, "Also it's murder on your knees!" He laughed out jovially.

"Gods, you can say that again!" Harley laughed out then continued, "Competitors get two runs, keeping their total time between both."

Kai stood with Hiroshi in the staging area, both the boys alone for the most part, the rest of the competitors seeming to take a wide berth of them.

"Heh... a far cry from the greeting I got when I started with you guys last year." Kai rubbed the back of his head with a smirk. "I don't think any of these guys have made eye contact with me since we got here."

"We aren't rookies, Kai, and a lot of them probably see us as infiltrating as it were. Slope-style and big-air both are similar types of snowboarding, we do fanciful tricks and try to wow people. This is all about going fast." Hiroshi gave a shrug.

"It's more we see a wannabe in this prep area every other week. We don't bother getting to know someone until they prove themselves. You think going up in the air flittering about doing your parlor tricks makes you a superior athlete to us?" One of the riders finally chimed in, a lion, a rather large guy, even larger than Kai.

"Yes," Hiroshi cooly responded, not even bothering to look at the boasting cat, a small murmur filling the staging area from the other competitors.

"Stuck up little punk, you're out of your element here, don't act so tough!" The lion grabbed the bucks shoulder, jerking him to look him dead on, a snarl showing on his muzzle. Then he back pedaled several paces as Kai shoved him off Hiroshi.

"Keep your paws to yourself, big guy, no one's here for that." He snarled and flexed his own gloved paws even as the bigger cat stood up over him, easily another head in height. Kai gave him a bored glare as he shrugged. "I used to skateboard and hang out with all the punks, you're sadly mistaken if you think I'm intimidated by your showboating, I've taken bigger guys than you down a peg or two."

"Hey hey, that's enough. Charles, chill the fuck out, man!" Another rider came over, another deer like Hiroshi but almost as big as Kai in size.

The lion gave a snarl, glaring at the bored looking leopard for a few more moments before stomping off. The other buck rubbed the back of his head before shaking it. "Fuck... that guy needs a therapist for that anger. Sorry about that guys, welcome aboard!" He shoved both his gloved paws out, even crossing his arms as he did.

Hiroshi and Kai both exchanged awkward pawshakes with him before he shifted his paws to his hips. "I'm Ellery Brown, cheers."

"Kai Hannah, nice to meet you." The leopard offered a smile at the first friendly face they'd seen today.