Avery's Desire Pt. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It is." Avery told him.

"Good. You sure have a lot of junk!"

Avery laughed. "Hey, I threw quite a bit of it away."

"What about that old rocking chair?" Rick asked. "Can we throw that away?"

"That was my grandmothers." Avery protested. "I can't throw it out."

"You know you're just like your mother." Grayson Duprey stepped into the living room and looked around. "She couldn't bare to part with anything either."

"How is mom?" Avery asked. "Is she feeling any better?"

"She was sleeping when I called but your sister said that she was doing better. She managed to get some soup in her but her stomach is still a bit queasy."

"That sucks, I hope she feels better soon. I hate having the flue."

Grayson nodded. "I'll put the rocking chair in the truck. You have everything else that you're wanting to take?"

"I believe so." Avery took one last look around the apartment. He was a little sad to say good-bye. It was the first place he'd moved into when he first came to town. It was in this living room where Rick first proclaimed his love for him. There were so many good memories but they just couldn't over shadow the bad. Every time Avery walked into the kitchen he flashed back to when Mikey had chased him and beat him half to death.

He could still see the blood on the floor and hear the sound of his head cracking against the tile. He wanted to put it all out of his mind, forget it and move on. Now that Mikey was out of the picture and no longer a threat to them, Rick and Avery could focus on other things, like building a life together. He was excited about moving into the new place, even if he was leaving old memories behind. It was time to build some new ones. This would be their first Christmas in the new apartment and their first Christmas as a couple. Avery had to focus on that and leave the past behind.

"Not having any second thoughts are you?" His father asked him.

"Not at all." Avery smiled sweetly. "I'm ready to leave."

"Good. I already put the down payment and first months rent on your new place and it's non-refundable."

Avery smirked. "No worries dad, I love the new place and I can't wait to move in."

"Then lets get out of here." Grayson picked up the rocking chair and carried it outside.

Avery took one last look at his old apartment, his old life, then shut the door and followed his father down to the truck where the others were waiting.

He was surprised to see Boomer and Carla standing with the others. Cole was there with his wife as well. Cass was leaning against Boomers truck and Trash and Kat were standing together. Kat had a huge smile on her face and she waved when she saw Avery coming down the steps. Grayson put the chair in the back of the truck then stood beside Rick.

"What's going on?" Avery asked. "We going to have a house warming party or something."

"Later." Rick told him. "First I have something important I wanted to ask you and I wanted everyone to be here when I do."

"Something you want to ask me?" Avery could feel his heart pounding in his chest.

Rick nodded. "Something I've thought long and hard about." He walked over to Avery then knelt down in front of him on one knee. Avery put his hand over his mouth as he tried to fight back his tears.

"Oh my God Rick." He laughed softly.

Rick took Avery's hand in his and looked up into his eyes. "Every morning reminds me of all the false dreams I had been chasing all of my life, until the day I found you. You are the first person that I want to see when I wake up each morning, and the only one that I want to kiss goodnight. The first time that I held your hands, I couldn't possibly imagine not holding them. I want to hold you forever. I want to keep you safe, and fill your days with passion.

When you love someone as much as I love you, you can't imagine life without them. You make me happier than I ever thought was possible. If you would allow me, I will spend the rest of my life making you feel the same way. So, Avery Julien Duprey..." Rick reached into his pocket and took out a small silver box that he opened and held before Avery. Inside the box was an engagement ring. Black gold with three diamonds set in the center of the ring. Avery gasped when he saw it. "Will you marry me?"

Avery couldn't hold back his tears anymore as he let them fall. He nodded, barely able to speak, and uttered the word "yes."

Rick took the ring out of the box and quickly slipped it on Avery's finger as those gathered behind him began to clap and cheer. Even Avery's father seemed pleased. Rick stood and took Avery in his arms. He kissed him passionately and held him close.

"I love you Avery." Rick told him. "And I'll love you for the rest of my life."

"Then I'll love you for the rest of mine." Avery whispered. "For now and forever. I'll love you for an eternity." They kissed again and Avery wrapped his arms around Rick's shoulders and hugged him tight.

This was the happiest day of his life, finally, all of his dreams and desires had come true.

The End