Avoiding the Storm Ch. 06

Story Info
Trapped in the Current.
2.9k words
4.43
5.1k
8

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/16/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

**Adrian--Scotland**

After Adrian abruptly hung up Zaira's cellphone, he began to pace in the living room. 'What guy has the audacity to call and question me?! I swear if she's giving up what is mines to some punk...then I'll kill her my damn self' thought Adrian.

Feeling frustrated and agitated, he walked around her apartment trying to release his worries. But failing to control himself, his forceful fist collided with the kitchen wall. Trying to calm himself, he focused on the apartment since it screamed Zaira's personality. It was bold, organized, and colorful. Although it was simply decorated, it became a home to his family. As he stalked around the two-bedroom apartment, Adrian ventured upon family photos. After flipping through the family photos, he noticed a sketchbook.

'Seems like we have an artist on our hands' thought a proud Adrian. He flipped through the pages one by one: admiring her passion and skill. However, one particular picture caught Adrian's attention: a perfect drawing of his wolf

'How is this even possible' asked Adrian.

'Our bond is stronger, she is truly a gift from the moon goddess' replied his wolf.

'Do you think it's possible to communicate with her' questioned Adrian.

'I will try' reassured his wolf.

What seemed like hours, but actual minutes passed, he heard a knock at the door. Closing his eyes, holding the bridge of his nose, and deeply inhaling: he prepared himself.

Opening the door slowly, Boris stood at the entrance while uncomfortably shifting on his feet.

"Well out with it man!" demanded Adrian.

"Colin MacLeod is here... And he's pissed" stated an anxious Boris.

'Do you think it's the same asshole?' questioned his wolf.

'I hope not, how would they know each other?' answered Adrian.

"Bring him up" stated Adrian as he closed the door behind Boris. Sitting back down on the couch, Adrian tried his best to remain calm. If things escalated too fast, then another unnecessary war would happen. How could he focus on protecting his family, if there was another war on the horizon? Before another thought could enter his mind, Zaira's front door flung open with a pissed Colin MacLeod at the entrance.

"Why in the hell are ye bloody here? Yer have some balls to come on me bloody territory without saying a word... Ha even a 'hey, fuck you' would of suffice!" shouted Colin.

Adrian rolled his eyes and simply stated: "Hello and fuck off...Better?" grinned Adrian.

Colin smirked at the comment and asked, "Why are yer here Adrian?". Colin knew the answer revolved around Zaira, but he felt like being a jerk.

"Believe me, I WOULD NOT visit this waterlogged version of hell voluntarily...But since my mate is here, I had no choice. With the present circumstances, I will assume you two are acquaintances" stated Adrian.

Colin looked at Adrian and smirked "Ye we know each other, but we're wayyyy past 'acquaintances' " mocked Colin.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean!" bellowed Adrian as he stood up.

"Did ye know yer woman have a tattoo of a bumble bee on her inner thigh" smirked Colin. With that comment, Adrian charged towards Colin.

"How would you know that!" yelled Adrian.

'Let's fuck him up now and end this girl chat' encouraged Adrian's wolf.

'What if he knows something' stated Adrian.

'Okay, we'll get the information then fuck him up' requested his wolf.

Taking a deep breath, Adrian moved away from Colin. Adjusting his sleeves, Adrian walked towards the window. Looking outside towards the purple, orange, and blue horizon; Adrian's heart began to ache. Not only was he physically drained, but his spirit could not handle another defeat. Knocking and pleading to be welcomed into the dark abyss because the turmoil and pain became too much to bare. Despite everything, he continued to fight against the darkness: his beloved and their son ignited his will and purpose.

He rested his forehead and palms against the window, welcoming the coolness of the glass. "My mate was taken, and I can only hope she's okay. Yes, I disrespected you when I showed up unannounced, but I would do anything to bring her home. I will give you whatever you want, just allow me to find my family and we'll leave." announced a defeated Adrian.

As Colin watched Adrian, he felt a twinge of guilt. "Look Adrian, I was joking about the tattoo. We met once, when she had a flat tire but nothin happened. I'll offer ye me services since I didn't let ye know she was here. Plus, I don't need more of yer numptys running around here. After we find her, you'll go back to being my enemy and pretend as if this never happened" joke Colin.

He stiffly walked towards a slumped Adrian and patted his shoulder, offering a moment of reassurance. After feeling accomplished, Colin walked towards the door.

"I'll be back tonight with my best hunters and we'll start from there. Find anything ye can." said Colin as his hand gripped the doorknob.

"Thank you, Colin, I'll forever be in your debt" stated Adrian.

"Just let me get a taste of Zaira and I'll call it even" laughed Colin as he opened and ran out the door.

"Er geht mir auf den Sack" (He's a pain in my ass) growled Adrian as he narrowed his eyes towards the dismissed intruder.

**Zaira--Location: Unknown**

Zaira woke with a throbbing head and swollen eyes. Trying to blink away the heaviness, she slowly absorbed her surroundings. The full-sized bed which she grew accustomed too was now replaced with a concrete floor. Her delightful colorful room was now an unrecognizable grey room with no windows. Trying to wipe away tears, she felt a heaviness on her wrist. Looking down, Zaira noticed chains around her ankles and wrists.

'Where am I? Why am I here? Why am I always chained up?' wondered Zaira.

Zaira set up with her back against the wall and her thighs against her chest. Thinking of the worst possibilities, she began to cry.

'Pull it together Zaira, crying doesn't solve anything.' she thought.

Resting her head against the wall, Zaira paid close attention to her new living condition. First, she saw a small rectangular opening in the middle of a black door. She assumed it was for food and communication. Lastly, she noticed a disgusting toilet and a sink in the far-right side of the room.

While Zaira thought upon her new situation, she heard a set of keys jingling. As anticipation ate at her nerves, she tried to hold back the urge to cry. Failing at calming herself, she violently tried to blink away the tears which threatened her eyelids. As the black door swung open, her lungs failed her. Unable to breathe, Zaira watched as Igor West made his presence known. As he walked towards Zaira, she noticed his statue. Igor's features and presence were intimidating. Watching him closely, Igor invaded her space and looked down upon her.

Releasing a breath that she was holding, Igor placed his hands on both of Zaira's shoulders. Trying to fight against his advances, he quickly lifted Zaira unto her feet.

"Why did you not take heed to my warning?" asked Igor as his fingers dug into her flesh.

"I'm not scared of you, you're nothing but a monster." stated Zaira as she tried to fight against the inflicting pain in her shoulders.

"Now that's where you are wrong my little one, only monsters go bump in the night. I however, will make your whole damn world crumble" threatened Igor as he leaned down to Zaira.

As Igor blew his breath on her ear, Zaira managed to push him away.

"I'm not some toy who will bend and twist too your will. You're nothing but scum on the bottom of my shoe, and I always dispose of the trash..." she smirked.

Before another word was spoken, Igor turned his back towards her. Zaira noticed Igor's back flexing as he inhaled and exhaled.

"You are playing a very dangerous game, I suggest you tread lightly little one" warned Igor.

"Like I said before, trash on the bottom of my shoe" stated Zaira.

She saw Igor's muscles tense as he struggled to compose his breath. Without warning, Igor swung around, and connected the back of his left hand with her face. Before she could react, Zaira's head snapped to the right due to the forceful slap. Pain and hatred were all she felt. However, nothing compared to the desire to kill. There it was, death banging on her door, pleading her to play his little game.

As she held her left cheek, Zaira tasted copper. Unable to control her actions, she spat the blood on Igor's white shirt.

His amused face became a look of disbelief. "Tiger take her to the dungeon" yelled Igor. As Igor approached Zaira, he noticed her determination. Suddenly, his dark green iris became purple. Igor waved his hand in her face and her world faded into black.

**Igor--France**

Trying to control his temper, Igor stalked into his room. 'Yes, I like the fire in her eyes, the fight in her spirit, hell even the stubbornness of her will. But I will not be made a fool, my little one will learn' thought Igor.

As he changed his shirt, he began to ponder on his little one in the dungeon. He was going to break her, because the lack of control would be the death of her. While taking deep breaths and running his hand through his hair: Igor marched towards the basement ready for war.

First, he walked towards his toys and chose a black six-inch bullwhip with metal jagged straps at the end. Afterwards, he walked towards Zaira's limp body. She laid on her stomach with her arms and legs chained on a metal table (resembling a X). He stripped clothing from his upper torso, revealing a body meant for war and chaos. There he stood basking in the thrill, tattoos and markings which told of a gruesome and torturous story. His muscles flexed, as he discarded his clothing and jewelry: to avoid a bloody mess. Stalking back towards Zaira, he prepared himself for the moments of pleasure which was ahead. He pressed a green button which allowed the table to become vertical. At last, his eyes glowed purple and finally his canvas began to wake.

**Zaira**

Zaira woke up with a sore cheek, throbbing head, and a chilled body. As her eyes wandered about the white room with a bright light, she noticed a breeze. Trying to shift her naked body against the table, she grew restless against the chains. 'Damnit, not again! Chained up twice in 1 day, it's a freaking record' thought Zaira. Unable to move, Zaira thought about the worse possibilities in her vulnerable state.

"I told you to tread lightly Zaira, and now YOU will learn" said Igor.

Before she could respond, she heard the lashing of a whip with a rattling sound. First, she heard the loud menacing lash before it connected to her back. Holding her head back while screaming in pain, Zaira shut her eyes tightly. She tried to blank away the tears but she was defeated. Before she could plead with her abuser another lash connected. The second hit, Zaira knew that something metal was connected to the whip. She could feel the metal piece dig deeper into her, ripping flesh from her body. Trying to compose herself, she did not want to give Igor the satisfaction of hearing her scream. Therefore, she bit into her bottom lip while clenching her fist closed. Not noticing the pain in her lip, Zaira bit hard into it. After the fifth lash, her back was violently pulsing while tears escaped the corner of her eyes.

Mentally cursing Igor, she rested her head against the cool table because it was her only comfort against the tormenting lashes. Her opened flesh began to burn due to the invasion of blood and sweat. Eventually, she noticed a thick substance traveling down her butt, and starting a trail down her legs. Zaira knew that the thick substance was her own blood.

As she counted each hit, she silently begged for Igor to end his torment. However, disappointment came after she counted the seventh lash. With each hit she bit into her bottom lip harder not realizing her bloody lip. Fading into unconsciousness, Zaira welcomed the darkness. Her thoughts of Eli and grey eyes, gave her peace with the acceptance of death. Finally, her world became dim after the tenth and final lash. As her eyelids grew heavy, Zaira noticed a smirking Igor. With that final image, she slipped into darkness and welcomed it as a friend.

**Adrian—Night**

3 days later

After another meeting with Colin, Adrian impatiently waited for the night sky. Even his wolf felt his anticipation, but their nerves settled with a nap.

Engulfed by darkness, Adrian began to observe a forest which surrounded him. Looking around, his ears heard a faint whisper.

'Save me' stated the voice.

'Tell me where you are' shouted Adrian.

'Save me Adrian' said the voice.

'Lead me, and I'll follow' promised Adrian as he looked up. Searching for a sign of light, but the thick trees covered any hope of sunlight.

'Hurry' screamed the voice.

Transforming into his wolf, Adrian ran towards the voice in the dark. 'Hurry Adrian' pleaded the voice. Adrenaline pulsed through his body, as he pushed it to the limit. He felt branches and earth crush beneath his powerful paws. However, Adrian ran in darkness, he did not know where he was going, but he followed the voice which repeated 'Save me, Hurry Adrian'. 'I'm coming, I promise!' thought Adrian as he ran with his muscles pulsin with every movement. Finally, he caught a glimpse of light ahead which urged him to run faster. As he became closer to the voice, the light engulfed the darkness. At the end of the forest, Adrian was blinded by an intense white light but he noticed a brown figure laying on the ground.

Running towards a curvy brown figure, Adrian fell to his knees and turned the figure towards him. His fear was before him: it was Zaira cold limp body with his arms wrapped tightly around her. 'I'm here! Wake up damnit' shouted Adrian as he shook Zaira.

Her hooded eyes looked up at him: 'You found me'.

'Thank the goddess' yelled Adrian as he held her tightly to his chest with tears in his eyes.

'Igor West' whispered Zaira.

'What? What about him?' asked Adrian.

'Elena Rosewood' she whispered.

'How do you know her?' questioned Adrian.

Zaira gently placed her hand on Adrian's cheeks: 'Find me, take care of Eli and hurry' said Zaira. Before Adrian could reply, Zaira's hand fell by her side as she took her final breath. 'Wake up Zaira' he demanded. Trying to wake her up, Adrian shouted and cried. Shaking her dead corpse, hoping to revive her. Feeling his heart break, his wolf transformed and slightly nudged Zaira's head, to wake her up. However, she did not wake up and at that moment, all was lost. Realizing his lost, the wolf let out a loud, sorrowful, and aching howl. Turning back into his human form, Adrian felt the heaviness of his wolf and of his heart. Crying, he held Zaira's body close to his own.

"Wake up ye bloody fool" yelled Colin as he shook Adrian from his nap.

"What the hell is wrong with ye'' asked Colin while he looked in Adrian's grey, tearful, and panicked eyes.

Adrian jumped from the couch, and felt his racing heart.

"Igor West and Elena Rosewood" said Adrian to himself.

"What bout em" questioned Colin.

"I have a feeling they have something to do with this" stated Adrian as he felt something run down his cheek. Curious, he touched the item and realized it was a tear.

"So what do you need from me?" asked Colin.

"Can your hunters track the last location of Rosewood in Scotland?"

"Ye, why?"

"It's time to pay her a visit, and discover her role in Zaira's disappearance" said Adrian.

'Boris! I need you to reach Conrad, and tell him to use his contacts to find Igor West location' telepathically Adrian to Boris.

'Okay boss, is there a problem?' questioned Boris.

'Not sure yet, but if Elena and West has something to do with Zaira vanishing: then yes there is a problem. And it's time for me to get Eli, I need my boy here' thought Adrian as he achieved his coat.

Walking towards the door, 'I swear, if she's hurt in any way: I will not be accountable for my actions' stated his wolf.

'I understand but they have something to do with her missing: so either way they're fucked. I just hope the storm is on our side' thought Adrian as he closed the door behind him and Colin.

Story books are full of fairy tales

Of kings and queens and the bluest skies

My heart is torn just in knowing

You'll someday see the truth from lies/

When the clouds will rage in

Storms will race in

But you will be safe in my arms

Rains will pour down

Waveswill crash around

But you will be safe in my arms

[Plumb:In My Arms]