Awakenings Pt. 03

Story Info
Sabrina hunts for her beloved with a dragon's rage...
8.2k words
3.1k
4
5

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 12/15/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a short work of erotic fiction containing furry, or anthropomorphic, characters, which are animals that either demonstrate human intelligence or walk on two legs, for the purposes of these tales. It is a thriving and growing fandom in which creators are prevalent in art and writing especially.

Please note that all characters are clearly over eighteen and written as such in all stories.

-----

Although David could not have known where he had been physically taken, having no contact with the outside world nor a window to look through (just the fake one with a peeling photo of the beach blown up to take its place behind the curtains), Sabrina did not need further directions to find the holding facility on the edge of the mountains. Their city was not far from the mountains, the ground where they lived and studies undulating smoothly, though there was not all that much elevation down there. The mountains, however, were better known for holding military operations where national parks had not been declared and put into place -- and it was there that the news reports, every one that she checked on the way, said that David had been taken.

Sabrina didn't bother trying to find clothes that fit her, even though that would have been possible, her bare breasts on show, tipped with small nipples. She was not to hide away any part of herself any longer, being her true self and acting as such, even as her wings beat the air, pumping her through to the military facility set into the lower slopes of the mountain. Half of it was underground, to her understanding, but that was no problem to her. For no longer did Sabrina have any doubt in her abilities.

They saw her coming, troopers lining the defensible ground before the fortress, yet the true extent of Sabrina's powers were still to be seen. The slopes were bare, little vegetation clinging on where the land had been cleared for the military and government operation, leaving nowhere for her to hide, though she had nothing left to hide, only more to discover. Yes, she had super strength and the ability to fly, but there was so much more at play there, all to be seen as the automated defence turrets let rip, peppering her with a spray of metal.

She roared, powering on, sweeping through the ranks of troopers, lightning lancing from some, lasers jolting out from others, her body dipping and sweeping, though she could not stop herself from being struck. Pain jostled her, yet even a blow to her chest was nothing more than an annoyance, a stinging bite like that of an insect on a summer's day, the dragoness' jaw clenching, brow furrowing.

Did they think they could stop her? A Titan -- and a powerful one at that -- in full force, seeking out her love? She might not have had a deep relationship with David before, not when it came to romance, but she saw him well and truly as hers, bellowing out a roar that reminded her, in a way, of her father as she ploughed through lines of soldiers, striking with teeth, claws, anything that took her fancy. Her wings doubled as weapons too, slicing and cutting, though she was less adept at using those than she was with other parts of her body. Claws and teeth came more naturally to her, piercing through the heart of the defence as she scattered them like bowling pins.

To her, they were not people, twisting and turning in mid-air, blood marking her muzzle, staining her front. She didn't care for them, only that they were in her way, even as a tank rolled out, trundling and groaning on its tread. She knew that one: something that fired anti-Titan rounds, but she had no fear of it. Maybe when one had been faced with fear every day of their lives, it simply slipped away.

The boom of the tank firing ricocheted through her, a reverberation trembling through her chest, though the piercing slice of metal cutting into her stomach was not particularly severe. It did not spill any of her blood, though it was only then that Sabrina noticed, with a touch of out of place fascination, yet another of her abilities: regeneration. For her body was working away at knitting itself together again even as she flew and fought, laughing aloud.

"You think you can take me down?" She mocked them, flying high, wings spread and her body on full show. "I dare you to try me!"

But it was no use, not even as Kinetics lined up, bodies scattering, the dragoness roaring and ploughing straight through them. She clawed and ripped, flesh rending before her, punching others aside, leaning heavily into her super-strength as one of the abilities that, intrinsically, she understood the most. Her battle was not to be fought outside, after all, as she slammed straight through the half-open security doors even as they tried to close to keep her out, leaving them bent and broken in her wake, the control panel smoking.

Anyone that got in her way, lights flashing, bolts of fire exploding off her from Kinetics, was hurled aside like nothing more than damp tissue paper: weak and not worth her attention. A crushed tank or two lay outside, any that were alive gawping at it, though an out of control Titan was not quite what all of them had signed up for. Her battle style might have been basic, but finesse would come in time as she snarled and hurled herself, in full flight, down the corridors, zigzagging, not knowing where she was going, only that she had to go deeper, had to find David.

Her nostrils puckered and flared, scenting the air, the metallic twang of blood, sweat, fear. Oh, their fear. Even the Titans that came for her, some human and others more humanoid or anthro like her -- the phoenix exploded rather prettily in a burst of red and yellow feathers when she hurled him into a Kinetic's lightning bolt -- were no match for her strength. Going head to head with them, she laughed and bared her teeth, grasping their raised hands only to hurl them back, slamming them through walls, knocking every last one down.

Yet no one stopped her or even gave her pause -- not until she came up against Maverick. A tall Titan at nine feet tall, he was well-known on the news and beyond for the feats of strength he had performed, something of a traditional "superhero", always putting himself in the spotlight, though there was a lot to be said about just why he did that. He did not come with wings, not like her, though one could have argued that that made him less agile as he twisted and bellowed out a ripping snarl, spittle flying, in the body of an anthro wolf that was more were-like and hunkering in his presentation. His muzzle was huge and blocky, lined with scars, muscle easily showing through even his thick fur, ripped as if he was a bodybuilder.

She scoffed, though Maverick punched through a wall, evading her, the dragoness giving chase. She'd have him, despite her inexperience, for her strength had already been shown. Where she had never been able to trust herself, it was time to dig deep, using her wings to power straight after him, following him through a gaping hole in the white-painted wall, rubble scattered.

And then Maverick was there, crushing her from the side, using his greater experience against her, though she had no idea how he had come at her from that angle so quickly. Snarling and snapping, she lunged back at him even as he connected with her.

"Give in, weakling!" He roared, slamming a foot into her stomach, sending her spiralling into the wall with a sickening crack. "This is not your fight! Though they are looking for more test subjects..."

The slam barely fazed Sabrina, growling, leaping up, striking off after him into what seemed to be a canteen of some kind in the facility. She didn't care for it, not as she lifted a long dining table and hurled it at the other Titan, one table after the other, though they were each easily twenty feet in length. Screams filled the air, but she was hardly about to pause to see what collateral damage was being caused. They were all incidental in her pursuit of David, the rescue she intended to make of him.

Once she got rid of Maverick the Titan, that was. The wolf did not look natural hovering there in mid-air, but she had wings and could match him pace by pace. The Titan wolf-beast snarled and pounded a fist on his chest, antagonising her, though he was, at least, wearing clothing to cover his crotch. Where she was naked, that moment of distraction in the flick of his eyes down over her was all she needed to take his hesitation in hand.

As he turned, surely leading her on a chase to someone where she could be caught and contained, she took a chance, powering up, straight through the ceiling into another hallway, lights flickering and sparks flying. Yet it paid off as he followed her, some distance ahead, yet closer than he had been. Her eyes narrowed, hissing through her teeth, head snaking back and forth. She'd not let Maverick get his hands on her a single time more -- not ever, not in his life.

His eyes widened as Sabrina came for him, the look of one that knew that their time had come, even if Maverick could not have anticipated that, not as she lunged for him. Her roar shook the walls, her body whole and healthy with her regeneration, her hands on him, closing around his throat.

With a spray of blood and crunch of bone, she tore his head clean from his body, the power leaving the Superhuman's body, dropping to the ground like the dead weight he was. She laughed and smirked, tossing him aside, forgetting him instantly. Those that fell before her were not worth her time, digging deeper into the facility, surely, by then, driving down into the belly of the mountain.

She tossed aside security guards and those that had no name in the fight that she had brought to them, ignoring their screams, their cries, their begging for mercy. Sabrina had not come to be kind, not as she passed what looked to be a cell: a door with a window that had bars in it.

"David?"

Even her voice did not sound like it had before, warmer and sultrier, as if it was dripping with blood and honey, both at the same time. Yet the finding of one prisoner, cowering at the back of his cell, emboldened her and she rushed on to check every one in the corridor, an explosion sounding off somewhere else in the facility, lights flickering, the floor juddering and leaping under her.

"David? David, can you hear me?"

"Yeah..."

That was him! It had to be him! Her heart surged and she lunged at the cell, her heart pounding harder than it felt like it ever had before, wrenching at his door, trying to free him and drink in every tiny nuance of his appearance, his face, at the same time.

David backed off from the dragon, eyes wide, wanting to reach for his power -- yet what was there for him to do when he didn't have any technology in there to break down and use for himself? They'd made sure there was nothing electrical in there for him and he was not drawn to rebuilding wooden things, the natural, wood theme of his bedroom, frankly rather ludicrous. Yet a cell was not meant to be luxurious as the door was wrenched off its hinges, the thick steel bent in two, bars folded, the window smashed...but there was something there.

"David? David, you don't recognise me, but it's me, Sabrina... I've come to get you out of here."

Her words were difficult to soften, as much as she tried to slow the pace of them, wanting nothing more than to take him into her arms, to hold him tightly, so tightly, and to never let him go again. He backed off from her as she said her name again, bolder than she had been and yet still left feeling ever so slightly foolish. Just how could she expect David to simply recognise her when even her body shape, let alone her overall form, was different to how it had been? She didn't even recognise herself anymore.

"Sab..." He grappled with it, holding up his hands, rubbing his temples, shaking his head. "Sabrina... That's really...you? You're..."

Oh, there were many things he could have said to that. "You're a dragon", perhaps? "You're naked", maybe? Or even, "you're covered in blood"? Any would have done, quite honestly, as he gaped at her, chest tight, though he didn't quite want his eyes to keep going to where they were naturally drawn. But they were just so big! He couldn't help it, not even as he sighed and shook his head in a failed attempt to clear it.

"Sabrina... You have no idea how glad I am to see you. But what are you? A Titan? You can fly and...wow..."

He swallowed hard, rubbing the back of his neck, running his fingers back through his hair, his body doing absolutely everything it could to stall while his mind raced. Yet no matter how much his mind yearned to catch up with all that was going on, that would have to come in time and talking as she grabbed him by the shoulders.

"David! There's no time to wait. We have to get out of here! They're coming for me -- and now you too, though you were already in here, so...there's that. But I'm not the person you remember and I'll tell you all about that. What's important is that I want to be with you and only you, no more than that, and I'll do anything to keep you safe. They'll try to take me down too now that they know I'm with you, but, frankly, they haven't gotten very far."

Sabrina snickered and took a breath, steadying herself, her eyes locked onto his. The truth was out. Time to get out.

"What can you do? I can carry you or..."

David grinned, holding up his hand.

"I have a lot to tell you. Let's get the hell out of here!"

Together, hand in hand, though the dragoness was now taller than him, they fled to the corridor, though they had to ignore the cries and pleas of other prisoners there to be set free. They didn't know any of them nor what they could do, though David could only assume that anyone down there was as innocent as he had been. Whether or not he was innocent, considering what it was that his robots had done, was another question entirely.

Sabrina spread her wings, but he had to take a moment, in a side room, something that seemed to be a control panel of sorts of part of the facility, though it didn't, sadly, seem to hook them up to any security systems. But there was enough in there for David to, very easily, put his abilities as a Savant to work, taking apart everything he could get his hands on, seeing in his mind's eye what he had to make, how he would get there.

A fan's blade.

A generator.

A metal cabinet door.

Wires.

Connectors.

That was the basics of it, but what was more impressive entirely was what he put together with barely even a few minutes in which to do it. He had to work quickly, or else he could have constructed something even more elaborate, but the flying machine that would propel him and allow him to direct his motion with the "handles" on either side of his body, wearing it like a jet pack. Well, he'd seen jet packs before, but nothing like what he had put together, Sabrina, for the first time since their reunion, struck dumb.

"You..." She gaped. "David... What... What are you?"

For there were revelations to be had on both sides as he shook his head and jerked his head down the corridor.

"No time to explain -- let's go!"

Sabrina led the way, though they did not need to follow any normal manner of a way out. With her strength, she could blast her way through pretty much anything and she was set to put that to the test as she snarled out her fury, the anger of so many years under her parents' rule, powering straight up through ceiling after ceiling, David zooming along behind her.

Every boundary that they slammed through brought them closer and closer to the surface, David keeping close on her tail even as it whipped back and forth, avoiding the rubble strewn down with a low curse. Up and out, screams and wails echoing forth, though neither of them could pause as they powered all the way up into open air, Sabrina barking a laugh that would never have come from her lips in the before times. Before she'd awakened her powers, that was.

But that time could never be gone back to and David was not sure that that would have been good for anyone as Sabrina led the way, deeper into the mountains, though the landscape was increasingly barren, if that was even possible. Where the vegetation had been cleared on the lower slopes, the actual mountains themselves were rugged and jagged, piercing the sky, the air thinner the higher they flew, though David could construct a device to allow him to breathe more easily, if only he had the materials.

He laughed recklessly, heart lighter than it had been in days. Had it been weeks down there? He had no idea how long it had been, time losing all meaning down in prison. And now he was out -- with Sabrina too! His friend was different and, even though those blood spots and smears were disturbing, he thought he understood just what she'd gone through to get to him. Also, there had been something about her wanting to be with him? That was very much something that would have to be discussed, later, as they made good their escape through the mountains, David, thankfully, keeping level with her as they flew at a good pace.

And beyond the mountains, even cutting into a good part of the mountain range, were the Rogue States, where, well... Civilisation, to say the least, had taken a different direction there. Never had David thought that he might have been seeking refuge there, though many Superhumans had had to flee there too, he knew, even if it was kept quieter by the news and the government. The way that they liked to phrase anyone leaving for the Rogue States was: "exile". Whether or not their exile had come simply because the government was unable to either capture or kill them, well... David now understood that a little more.

"We'll have to set down for the night somewhere," he said, breaking the quiet between them, though it wasn't the companionable kind. "Somewhere safe... Somewhere they won't find us."

Sabrina laughed and shot him a look, eyes a little more manic than he was used to, though they were the same eyes.

"They'll be picking themselves out of that mess for years! I wouldn't be surprised if the whole mountain comes down on top of them after battering our way out like that. And it's not like my parents are going to be able to send anyone after me, not with all that behind..."

He blinked, confused.

"What do you mean? What happened with your parents? I mean, I get that they weren't okay with all this."

The dragoness grinned a little too ferociously for comfort.

"They won't be a problem anymore... I didn't know it was possible to kill someone that quickly, but with him screaming in my face, well... I couldn't handle it anymore. I don't think anyone else could have managed all that they did to me for as long as they did. I tossed my mother into the wall and my father... I stopped the heart that he never had."

David grimaced, stomach churning a little uncomfortably. That was not something that he wanted to go into too much detail on. Yet the day grew old as they put all their energy into flying, David only pausing to acquire another fuel source for his jet pack, though he was fortunate in the fact that the mountains were at the very least rich in natural resources, minerals that he could use. He'd never have thought of creating a fuel source like that before, but it thankfully seemed to tie in with his affinity for technology, though he longed to get somewhere where he could really dig into his abilities.

For the cause of good, of course... But simply using them to be safe and get by in the world too would be much appreciated after everything.

With the sun dipping below the horizon, they finally set down in a cave low down in a V-shaped valley that had perhaps been carved out by a retreating glacier at some point in history, judging by how it flattened out further up. They resided, at least for the night, where the natural course of weather and the river had worn away the landscape, even if there was little cover to be had but the cave and a natural outcrop of rock. It was enough for them, Sabrina lighting a fire with a skill that David had not known she possessed, sitting cross-legged before it as if it was the most natural thing in the world.