All Comments on 'Awkwardly Drifting into an Affair'

by Egmont Grigor

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Enjoyable story

Enjoyed the story. The prose is good (though "affix your seat belt" comes off sounding pretensious) and the style is easy and relaxed. The dialogue is well done most of the time.

The two principal characters are believably done and they act in ways that are realistic. Each one is likeable and, if I have any criticism, they're a little too good with few flaws. It's not a big deal and it doesn't detract from the quality of the story.

The slide into adultery is handled gracefully and we're led to understand the reasons why. Good sex between the lovers blossoms into romance and the author's touch is deft as the failed marriages dissolve amicably. It's a feel good romance and the author accomplished his aim: I felt good at the end of the tale.

Excellent fiction this is. This 100's for you, Egmont, for a story well-told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Editing issues

The flow to this story was erratic and it took time for me to adjust to the writing style. What might have been a good story however, was ruined by poor editing. For example, was our accountant Brent Blake or Brent Black? Not once, but twice, you referred to him by these names. Aside from that, there were missing words in your sentences; such omissions should have been easily caught by careful proofreading. And finally, you provide no insight into the personalities of our couple, only that they are good in bed. They seemed vacuous to me.

Egmont GrigorEgmont Grigorover 17 years agoAuthor
Editor replies

Thanks for your comments you two guys. It's useful being given examples. I muddled. Sorry.

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Enjoyable!

Egmont,

Most of us Authors are just 'muddling through' as well so mind if we string along with you? I loved your story even though a little rough in spots it was nevertheless enjoyable to read. I love that idea about vacationing at the Great Barrier Reef. A place I've always wanted to visit. Enjoyable Read! Well Written!

Kanga40Kanga40over 17 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Nicely told tale. Gentle characters with no humiliation involved.

I really enjoyed a lot of the phrasing, and detected a bit of tongue-in-cheek humour along the way.

Delightful entertainment.

I noticed the name thing, but it had no real bearing on the story - at least you didn't interchange between Brent and Bruce or somethimg truly distracting.

asiaprofasiaprofover 17 years ago
Very nice...

especially the subtle humour!

it would have fit will in that category too!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous