Aztec Treasure Ch. 11-20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Frank took a deep breath. "We don't talk about it much, but Arrowhead figured out a way to help some humans survive a werewolf bite. Until a year ago, that bite was an ironclad death sentence and a painful one. Now, we've had three successful turns, including my own. Perhaps our doctors can find a way, especially if you fall in love with someone along the way."

Love was a dream my parents dashed long ago; my kind couldn't afford it. "It's a lot to think about, Frank. I'm afraid I have to decline your offer of assistance, at least for now. I can't risk going to a Pack, with all the scrutiny you are under from the Feds, until I know I'm protected from that same Government. Fix the CIA problem, and get my kind explicitly covered under your treaty or in another, and I might change my mind. Until then, I need to stay independent."

His shoulders dropped, and I could tell he was disappointed in my decision. "Keep the envelope and the pistol, as you may need both. My people will do what they can to help you stay hidden; only five people know the name on that driver's license, and I trust them all with my life."

"I'll do my part to disappear," I said.

"Please, let me take care of this car for you," he begged. "It's only a matter of time until they find it. You can have one of my cars instead."

I thought about it; if I took his car, they'd know what it was. "I'll buy a new car tomorrow and text you with a location for this one," I told him. "If you can drive it to Texas, great."

"You have my card; call me if you need anything." He opened the door and got out; one of his men ran up to him and handed him something. He tossed another bundle of cash and a bunch of debit cards and gift cards onto the front seat. "It's all clean. Stay out of sight, Maria, and I'll work on what you need to feel comfortable joining us."

"Thank you, Frank." He walked away, getting in another car, and drove away with the other vehicles following him. I sat there rocking Maritza, wondering if I'd just made the biggest mistake of my life.

There was no point in dwelling on it, not when I needed to find a place to sleep tonight. I put Maritza back in her car seat, then packed everything Frank gave me into my bag. The pistol was a good one, with custom three-dot night sights, so I loaded that and put it in my jacket pocket before I got back out on the road. Heading back to Highway 30, I headed east out of town. I found what I was looking for just past Highway 281 in the old area of the city. I saw the VACANCY light and turned into the Conoco Motel, a rundown single-story place where you could park in front of your door.

"I need a room for tonight, preferably in the back," I told the old man at the desk.

"Sixty dollars and twenty-two cents with tax," he said as he grabbed a key for me. Yes, this place was so old it didn't even have keycards.

I pulled out three twenties and a one. "I need a driver's license and a credit card," he said as he took the money. "Since you paid cash, the card only gets charged for any additional room fees. Ice machine here by the office works. Checkout is at eleven."

I handed over my Maria Gonzales license, not wanting to use my new Minnesota identification until I had a new car. I was back in the car a minute later, driving around the back. I parked the car in a guest spot, not wanting to tip anyone off as to which room I was at. I also didn't want my license showing to the road.

I knew I'd have to get rid of the car tomorrow; there was a car dealership nearby, so it wasn't the worst place to leave the car behind. While Maritza slept, I opened up the secret compartments in the seat and removed the rest of my cash and weapons, putting them in my bag. The last thing I needed was to have the car stolen and lose my stash.

The room was what I expected; old, stale, and dirty. I brought my things in and left them on the dresser. I got Maritza settled, took a quick shower, and was asleep moments after I put my head down.