All Comments on 'Baby, You're a Rich Man'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 98 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Usual HDK fun and games. All's well that turns out well.

5

Dougrob0121Dougrob0121over 3 years ago

Almost Shakespearean

musicman1261musicman1261over 3 years ago

Another great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Sweet

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Saw that one coming ...

from a mile away.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 3 years ago

Hah! A fine romance which is worth every one of the *5 it gets from me.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 3 years ago

Sick nasty story, Mr. Knight. I loved every word. Write another, please. Five stars, of course, Randi.

stev2244stev2244over 3 years ago

I didn't see that coming. A HDK romance. It was just as lighthearted, fun to read and HDK-ish as I hoped it would be. I hope there will be more to come. Actually, I'm quite sure, as we will both be posting something in Randi's December event.

Good job, easy 5*

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 3 years ago

HDK in romance? I am in shock.

In true HDK fashion, you didn't take a straight line from beginning to end; you made the readers think.

Thanks for sharing your talent. A 5-star effort from an OG.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Good story, just felt a bit rushed in places.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 3 years ago

Really enjoyable if shocking to see this route of story from you though I would of liked it to go past where you ended it.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 3 years ago
Very Good

And most importantly an enjoyable read. Thanks Mr. Knight...5 stars

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This story feels like a long much-needed soak in the jacuzzi...

Warm, relaxing and just enough turbulence. Way to push all the buttons!

youngbrainoldbodyyoungbrainoldbodyover 3 years ago
Classic HDN

More, please! 5 stars, obviously!

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 3 years ago
wow

u should write romance more often, lot better than ur lw stories. "Is your name really Bentley?" lol good read ty. oh i guess i have to be an ass but u switched Vicky's name with becky while vic was talking to her mom. just to let u know, didnt detract from the story though. again ty for the read

Wolfden999Wolfden999over 3 years ago
Great story

You are by far my favorite author. Your stories are just the right size, fun to read and make my heart warm each time I read them. I particularly liked this one. Please continue, as I am anxiously waiting for your next post.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Yeah

Fun story. Thanks!

rodryder44rodryder44over 3 years ago

Terrific story, Hardy. I did suspect who Ben really was and enjoyed Becky's confusion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Agree with another Anon down the way. I saw that one coming in page 1. Didn’t detract from another great HDK though, I was just trying to figure out how you were going to pull it off! Good going job well done. 5 stars and looking for Chapter2. All the earmarks of another “Lady in Red” series.

KinPAKinPAover 3 years ago

Hallmark is a hack writer with training wheels compared to HDK!

KRD19254KRD19254over 3 years ago

Saw this one coming a click away, but still darn good, a made for Hallmark movie. Hooyah, salute....

greenday0418greenday0418over 3 years ago
That was a toughie

I had to start again after 2 pages because I got lost. Never did connect Ben to Bentley. Good one. 5*

mithanialmithanialover 3 years ago

Cute story.. might be time to read lady in red again.. hummm

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
That played out well

It would make for a hysterically funny movie. I could see Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock getting together again and having fun with this idea. Good job.

4 stars

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadover 3 years ago

It was ok. Not my favorite, but I could definitely see this as a Lifetime movie or on the Hallmark channel or something. Its kind of formulaic and predictable but people love that about romances, so good job if that's what you were going for. I give it 5 stars just because I know that even formulaic romances can be hard to write well and this was... so kudos to your editors.

arrowglassarrowglassover 3 years ago

Good yarn...predictable, but enjoyable read!

scruffnzscruffnzover 3 years ago

Sure would have loved to see Beverley's reaction lol

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 3 years ago
Good but abrupt at end

Overall a good story. Well worth the time to read. My only complaint is the end was abrupt - just done! I found it jarring as I read it.

Thank you for writing and sharing.

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Enjoyable

Cannot believe that she got pregnant and that she accepted the offer but perhaps there were reasons. Other than that very enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The hole.

The big one at the beginning, the one in the plot.

Marry my son you have never met for "reasons" plus a supposedly 50% share in a resort, trust me, it's all cushty.....even though you don't know me from Adam.

Seriously?

You used to write decent stories, what happened?.

The clique rimming you does not change the fact that the whole conversation was absurd and destroyed any chance of the story being anything other than poor.

Shame as the proof of your talent was shown in many of your earlier stories.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 3 years ago
Well Done

Another great tale by HDK. I have to ask a question though, I've seen this happen in quite a few stories. Just as the story is building to the climax the author throws off the momentum by using the wrong name. Here you used Becky twice when it should have been Vicky, on the last page. "Ben could have been killed. He did a tour in Afghanistan, for God's sake!, complained Becky." and " You mean Beverly? asked Becky as she made a face expressing her displeasure." I'm not nit picking, it just seems like the author gets caught up in the story at this point and makes the mistake. It's just the behavior analyst in me that makes me wonder about this pattern. Great Story, I really enjoyed it. Thank you "Once a King, Always a King"

teedeedubteedeedubover 3 years ago
Odd

Nice story, but not up to your standards. IMHO. And nearly a year since the last LiR?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A little long for a story with no surprises

The plot twist of Ben being the groom was obvious, and little else of interest happened along the way.

The very similar story with the doctor in Maine was much better.

mattenwmattenwover 3 years ago

This story comes across like a love story from Rosemarie Pilcher! Very well written and told, thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Why end it like you did? I really enjoyed your story. Thank you!

OnethirdOnethirdabout 3 years ago
It was coming

Of course we knew who Ben was, but that doesn’t detract from a very fun story. And now Ben knows to tread lightly around his crazy jealous wife. Good lesson.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

enjoyed the story though ending seemed too abrupt

penneydog55penneydog55about 3 years ago

Well worth the price of admission...

Thanks for sharing this fantastic story with us

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good 5tar story

Bill

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Loved your story 5 stars

SamuelDexterSamuelDexteralmost 3 years ago

Not up to your excellent standards. The ending is ok but the the silliness of seeing the the sister leave Bens house was weak.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Liked the story about a shy young lady that didn't know she was beautiful, a lot of women who are don't.

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

Excellent story! 5 stars, for sure.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

I keep running across stories I have read before for some strange reason, probably because they are so good and they are stuck in the back of my mind. Keep writing and kudos to your editors also.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very unnecessarily verbose

badog114badog114over 2 years ago

Nice! Very, very nice!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bravo.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 2 years ago

Very good tale, well written worth 5 stars or more if possible. Only criticism is the wedding scene was a little clumsy.

JohnD46JohnD46over 2 years ago

Well done. Thank you

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

Somehow I had missed this one. Good tale, well told. 5*

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

Nice, feel good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was in the Marines long enough to know that all Marines are Perfect . Same with any Service . I left the Service as a Sergeant . And I was very proud of that . My Grandfather was a PFC in Korea and My Dad served in Vietnam . I served in the Gulf and Hated the heat their .

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanabout 2 years ago

So why did Grampa turned his grandson into a Gigolo, his grandsons wife into a whore, his daughter into a Madam, for honor??? It was all for money bob married becky for cash him mom set up the wedding for cash. creepy ass grampa

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Well done, 5-stars

lukeshortlukeshortabout 2 years ago

Good story. A little too much coincidence but still a good story. 4*

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAalmost 2 years ago

Disturbing story. All you have to do is read it and it becomes a confusing Hallmark Event. Besides why talk about the great sex instead of some commentary while it happens?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Incredibly good story. The last half of the fourth page was too much like a soap opera.

DogmancyprusDogmancyprusalmost 2 years ago

You Sir are a great writer and unlike AA82andAA's opinion a story doesn't need graphic sex descriptions to be good, in fact it enhances a story to just indicate that sex took place.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanalmost 2 years ago

I loved and hated this one, as usual Harddaysknight did a great job of winding out a great story some witty dialogue some believable banter. BUT I dunno if I buy how down to earth a family of whores and pimps are,,, I know let me explain gramps pimped out his whole family, and they all could have stopped it but instead like good little whores they went along with his controlling bullshit from beyond the grave and mom sis and Ben were all his whores and mom became pimp when she convinced Becky to whore herself out for an unknown john. To paraphrase DeCart some say Churchill but "We have already decided what you are, we are simply now negotiating the price"

I have been involved tangentially with the military a good % of my life and the line about "women being safe with a marine" is the greatest lie and truth I have ever read on here, lol

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This site needs a "G/PG/R/XXX" category tag to help filter these better...if I wanted a Disney/Hallmark story I wouldn't be on an erotica story site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story but where's the apology to Victoria at the end!!

DuncanitaDuncanitaalmost 2 years ago

The end was a little rushed imo... could have been dragged out a little longer but a solid 5 stars...

SDN1955SDN1955over 1 year ago

Good story, though some of Vickie’s dialogue was attributed to Becky.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Decent

Decent story,apart from the author mixing up his women.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

This was a really really bad story the stilted dialogue and seriously conflicting plot made for a story akin to something a teenager might write for junior high.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Back and forth but quickly obvious who he was.

BUT in generous mood. 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good job! You put a bun in her oven the first time!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love your curve ball story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I mean... She still judged him straight away and never gave him the benefit of the doubt nor the opportunity to explain himself. That doesn't bode well for a marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The last scene is so off the wall and Becky’s language was like the ending morphed into ‘“. Get to Dwellers picnic”. So disjointed especially character development…

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is the best story I’ve read, sound like a Halmark movie….

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What I like Hallmark stories, some times there happier then real life. I just can't understand why she couldn't tell him what he did wrong after he Proposed..

tomol111tomol111about 1 year ago

Good story, good writting but could have been put together better. Also her language under the alter and in front of family was a bit off putting.

Pjam1968Pjam1968about 1 year ago

Solving the misunderstanding on the alter?!!! Come on, that was way out of realistic

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Overall, a good story, though a bit clumsy.

linnearlinnearabout 1 year ago

Better each time I read it and I love Hallmark movies. I never understand why people worry about a story being realistic.

fugly1960fugly1960about 1 year ago

The timeline is confused and confusing, a rushed wedding arranged then a long exclusive relationship,? Then the wedding? Some good ideas but needs an editor

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

PROOF READ!!

""You mean Beverly?" asked Becky as she made a face expressing her displeasure. "She'd marry a damn donkey if it allowed her to get her hands on our family checkbook."??

I think that should be said by either Olivia or Victoria!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I personally loved it as for mix up in names there’s loads of writers that haven’t re read there own stories to see the mistakes

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good short fiction

Just_GymJust_Gym7 months ago

Five stars even though it was an idiot plot. But most romance plots are. If Becky had just told Ben why she was breaking up with him it would have almost been a 750 word story.

There's another problem. If she doesn't communicate better chapter 2 will be a story about how she gets the idea he's cheating on her, maybe from Beverly, she seems the type, and how she doesn't give Ben a chance to defend himself but gets 'revenge' by having a gangbang, maybe including Jason.

I hope she grows up before that happens.

(Yes I know she's a character, not an actual person.)

oldtwitoldtwit6 months ago

Nice one, I have to admit I did see it coming early on but you wrote it well, the characters were good, maybe you should have written a bit more at the end, it just felt that you had somewhere to go as you ended it so stopped it dead.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good one, although the ending was short.

Ravey19Ravey195 months ago

Great story, just read it again after 3 years.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Contrived. But still a good read. Four stars.

JPB

TrambakTrambak4 months ago

Completely over the top!

Absolutely crazy!

Brilliant work.

5

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The author knows how to right a romance ticking off each box with perfection.

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Goof story. It was fairly obvious Ben was the mysterious son. I enjoyed it thoroughly and was ready to give a 5 star vote when I read the I'm pregnant line which was just way too silly for the story so am giving a 4. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Olivia is a cunt like her bitch father. Ben should have ran from neurotic bitch Becky

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago
Obvious

It is obvious why Becky never got any dates when out wiypth her three friends,she is totally insecure.Also who is Martha?.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Good tale HDK, my first read, doubt my last! 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Kind of goofy and over the top, but a good story. The final pregnanxy announcement wasn't needed imho. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Very goofy. And absolutely silly and maudlin towards the end. Even after Becky comes to realise that Ben is Olivia's son, she keeps blabbering about good that you didn't sleep with Vicki. How stupid can one get? She knew that Vickie was Olivia's daughter and still she couldn't put two and two together and realise that Ben and Victoria were brother and sister? Extraordinarily idiotic.

davezqdavezq6 days ago

Is your name really Bentley? :-)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

SIMILAR Stories