All Comments on 'Babysitter, Nanny, Friend ...'

by sandy_paris

Sort by:
  • 64 Comments
AliceGeeAliceGeeover 3 years ago

A truly lovely story with a beautiful happy ending. It contained everything to satisfy the hopeless romantic in me. This was a lesbian love story of the highest caliber. Thank you so much for sharing this tale with us.

foxyfowlerfoxyfowlerover 3 years ago
Brilliant

Sandy_paris this is a fantastic story and have read it a few times it is sad and then the two ladies become lovers wives and mothers and love each other deeply and the children love both there mothers and the girls look up to there big brother and they only have love for all three children and two mothers home is full of happiness and love. You are fantastic writer and hope you will write more stories like these please sandy_paris you are my favourite thank you. xxxxxxxx

Air_DryAir_Dryover 3 years ago

That was awesome. It's good to see a new story from you. I enjoyed all of your others. I can't seem to get through any of them without getting teary eyed. You must be doing something right. Thank you

MaonaighMaonaighover 3 years ago
Welcome back

Welcome back, Sandy, and welcome too to another very good story, slow and gentle and very likeable. I think I commented on your last story saying that your writing is now becoming more polished and you are continuing to show this. I did spot a few typos, nothing serious or distracting, but perhaps a little more careful proofreading would avoid this (I know, it can be a drag but it's all part of the game). So, another five star effort well-deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Oh how i missed your stories!

Wow! Thank you for sharing this story,i absolutely love it. The characters are wonderful. Welcome back Sandy Paris,i am happy to read your story again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
beulahthebrit

Brilliant, awesome, just perfect and what a lovely story, it didn't need any sex, but was simply perfectly written and developed, best I've read for many a month. 5 stars naturally, but deserves more, if this is not amongst the winners, there's no justice.

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Meover 3 years ago

Such a lovely story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It's funny there was a series of stories from another author very similar to this one. It was like a literary agent wrote a paragraph, "Write a story where a young nanny comes into the life of an older female, say 10 yrs older. Instant love at first site for both but both are afraid to say anything for fear it'll affect their friendship. Feelings smolder for a long time until one day. BAM! they discover their love for each other and then get married. Oh, and there is a mother-in-law that is unhappy about the union. So I'm giving this piece to you two. Write your stories, and I'll see which I like best."

So you get two very well written stories that are very similar yet so different. Sandy, I've just discovered you and look forward to reading the rest of your stories. This one, 5/5.

And before someone jumps down my throat with both feet and a knife I am not saying in any way, shape, or form, that this story copied ideas from the other. Just has a similar story line. Kind of like, "It was a dark and stormy night. Two single females are in a remote cabin. One gets up and goes into the bathroom, opens up the medicine cabinet. Closes it, and surprise! Some big guy w a mask and big ass knife waiting behind her." You get the picture.

J

Oh, the other story, "Nanny Sarah". Be warned it's long.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It was a touching story. I enjoyed the characters and was rooting for them. Please, continue to write more great stories in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It took awhile to get there but this was an excellent piece; it reads as if I'll be reading a mainstream lesbian fiction work by you, if I haven't already.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Such a wonderful story

I just loved this story. It's beautifully written, sensitive - full of love and desire. Really, it's just great. Can't wait to read more of your work.

jackie_emjackie_emover 3 years ago
Beautiful story

You brought the story along nicely, building the story and the characters.

I love the story and the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Awesome

Brilliant indeed. Well done

MikeManMikeManover 3 years ago
Very nice

A wonderful read that I really enjoyed, thank you.

Donos253Donos253over 3 years ago

Excellent story the characters were very believable and the narrative ran well...enjoyed the story from start to finish....

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great

Refreshing to read a story like this with a big build-up. Essentially a love story. Really felt the characters! A great read.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 3 years ago
Lovely story!

Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

ukdukeukdukeover 3 years ago
Wonderful!

A beautiful love story. A proper romance. Well written.

Thank you.

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 3 years ago
The very best!

One of the very best. It did pass the tear test, multiple times.

lexstrokerlexstrokerover 3 years ago

Fantastic! This is my kind of story. I love a long, slow romance, and this story did not disappoint. Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

very nice i love a happy ending thank you i like a good read a fan shayne

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallover 3 years ago

Maybe I'm just a sappy old fool, but I've always had a penchant for authors here that treat their characters and storylines with empathy, and you've done that in spades.

This was a wonderful heartwarming little story and I feel kinda bad that I haven't read any of your other work yet...

Let me assure you thought, that this is something I will correct forthwith.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
More of the same?

Carrying on from the Milly series I guess that your quirk is to throw a tragedy in and work around it. Maybe you are trying to perfect the genre?

At university I was introduced to the works of a thriller author, Jack Higgins, who has several books where the plot is essentially the same: the hero had a similar description, he usually was of Irish descent and drank Jameson whiskey, someone would do the dirty on him but usually redeemed themselves by self-sacrificing to save him, and the hero would frequently be beaten to a pulp yet still get the girl and save the day. I was assured that Barbara Cartlands romances (though not my style) were similarly lazy - a story written around a template with just minor details like names and places different. Please don't fall into that rut.

Were this the only story of yours where someone helps another through the trauma of losing a loved one I would have said the idea was sound and you worked it well; to recycle it makes me think of soap operas and their hunt for plotlines that they hope no one will notice are not original.

Or maybe it's just me.

I assume you to be British, yet you use Americanisms like check rather than cheque and mom (again!) rather than mum. And there are still sentences that dearly need a comma or two, plus the characters still focus on telling each other (or via their inner narrator) that they love them; all through the Milly series there were dozens of paragraphs that could have been left out simple because they repeated the same concepts, and it would have sped the story along that much quicker.

Not trying to be harsh, just giving criticism that will - hopefully - help you. Get a proofreader or, better still, an editor, someone who will point out when there are problems, where the errors are, little things like continuity (I don't do editing now, after the chaos when I was passed a story that had been proofread and, I was assured by the author that all was good. Except that one character had been given three names - Emma, Emily and Emilia - while also being frequently referred to as Em. The proofreader hadn't caught it and the author tried claiming the character changed her own name! I won't go into the confusing story structure she employed 6

either). Accept their recommendations. Write a new and different story...

Lexi

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This story was superb. I love a good romance and you have provided one that set the bar high for any further reads. Thank you for this wonderous tale. The world is better for a story like this. I hope the goddesses send you more inspiration I'll be looking forward to reading more.

jon99tjon99tover 3 years ago

it was a very nice story well written

FemmeyFemmeFemmeFemmeyFemmeFemmeover 3 years ago

Love your writing style! Really excellent.

TheserialwaffleTheserialwaffleover 3 years ago

I like this one too!! Happy ending... Iwas always fearful that you would do something bad to o e of them but thankfully no. Thank you for your writing. I like very much

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Such a feel good story. Please dont stop writing.......that will be a sad day

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 3 years ago

I do adore happy endings, and am so glad that we got one for your wonderfully evoked characters.

RubyRedLipsRubyRedLipsabout 3 years ago
Very Lovely

Such a lovely story, with a nice slow burn, and so very British (said with a smile). Happy endings are the best.

Yogie32Yogie32about 3 years ago

Extremely well written and very romanic story. Thank you for a great read.....

1Dream4us1Dream4usabout 3 years ago

Another beautiful love story...I’m in love/awe of your writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I have been reading your stories for the last six months or so and enjoy re-reading all of then.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

A great story, maybe a little too dry at times but I hasd difficulty putting it away last night so there's a lot right in it.

Hope to read more soon.

paulyepspaulyepsover 2 years ago

I think this is the 3rd time I’ve read this story … and I love it every time.. thank you so much !!

FandeborisFandeborisover 2 years ago

Everybody has said such nice things about your story, all I can say is “ditto”

Thanks for letting us read this.

kaleonanikaleonaniover 2 years ago

Wow, what a story teller! I don't know how Eve and Isla managed to contain themselves all those years, such powerful patience that they had endured. If it was me I would have succumb almost immediately if not sooner. That was a match made in heaven where true love is manufactured.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderful story. It's a shame how our doubts, insecurities and our desire to be practical and mature sometimes stop us from reaching out for happiness that is well within our reach. I could really relate to Isla trying her best to find a "normal" partner and Eve trying her best not to take advantage of Isla's kindness. Thankfully, they were able to find love and happiness in the end. Thanks for the story. <3

deepred53deepred53about 2 years ago

A lovely story so well told. I so enjoy your writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderful story; thank you. So glad I found your stories!

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

I try not to read other comments before I comment, and that is true this time too. I suspect I will say some of the same things other commenters will have done before, If so I apologise as it is done unwittingly.

Your stories are always amazing, I think I have read this story before back when I was just another Anonymous. I found this to be a wonderful story, even second time around it pulls my heart and my attention. I will read this story again multiple times in the future and I'm just sorry that I can't give you 5* each time. I have added it to favourites. Thank you.

ca_daveca_daveabout 2 years ago

What a wonderful tender love story. I thank you for sharing with us. This is the first of your stories I have read, I saw a comment you left on All I Need by Anomic. I thought your comment was spot on and decided to try reading some of your work. So very glad I did so. 5 * i will be reading more of your stories.

ca_daveca_daveabout 2 years ago

Your story is wonderful but I mistook you for someone else, No way does it reduce the 5* rating nor does it change my wanting to read more of your work.

alexwatson62alexwatson62almost 2 years ago

I`ve read this story many times since it was published, and enjoyed the journey each time.

I can even clearly picture the surrounding area since in the mid 1970`s, thats where I went to Secondary School and not far from where even today (health permitting) I can be found on a Saturday at Firhill Stadium.

For many years I also ran my own karaoke in pubs in the area (Maryhill Rd and Great Western Road just along from the Botanic Gardens).

The details invoke many different times in my life.

As for the tale itself, it had everything a good romance should have and the pace at which the story moved was excellent, as it always is with your offerings.

Yet another fantastic work from you :)

LiebethLiebethalmost 2 years ago

Authors like you make Literotica exciting. Thank you for sharing this talent with us. Excellent story

Nicole2023Nicole2023almost 2 years ago

This is a great read, i would love if you would do a followup with the kids. Another 5 story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it, all the ups and downs just made it more real. Time is a strange critter and doesn't always deliver but happily it did this time . thank you for a lovely story. Keep going please. Thanks.

TenderTrapTenderTrapover 1 year ago

Reminiscent of "Nanny Sarah"story I read a good while ago,but only in parts,as this covered a longer span of time.It really flowed along very nicely,and really packed an emotional punch into the bargain.Thanks.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

Excellent story, the will they/won’t they lasted for considerably longer than I thought, but getting Isla to use her degree was a better way to do it, as always, delayed gratification for us readers heightens the anticipation! Overall this had a lovely feel to it, the only not so warm part being the villain of the piece, the awful MiL, I’ve met a couple of harridans just like her, with their spoiled little “Princes/Princesses” that no spouse will ever be good enough for, I’m fairly sure that particular syndrome causes a disproportionately high number of marriage breakdowns, regardless of sexuality. Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz, 5⭐️ As usual!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a marvelous piece of writing. I am a several times published author with a major book company and I can tell you that you're a fabulous writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really excellent. Thanks.

jakepedjakepedabout 1 year ago

What a great story very well written it was one of those l couldn’t put down from start to finish great characters thank you will have to have a look at the others of yours 👍

jakepedjakepedabout 1 year ago

It’s a great story had to read it again the 2nd is great you catch things you missed the first time 👍

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

What wonderful storytelling.

AquariusgirlAquariusgirl10 months ago

Oh wow! I can't believe I've only just stumbled across this beautiful story now. I adored it from start to finish. I had a feeling things would go this way from the get go and I'm so glad they did ❤️. I feel that Mike would definitely have approved of how wife's choice of partner/wife. The family (Granny Sandra) included are perfect.

I didn't want the story to end, as I was so engrossed in it.

5 stars from me ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

nogravynogravy8 months ago

Very sweet, pleasingly slow-moving, and seamless buildup. Thanks for the enjoyable reading experience. Five stars from me.

Ravey19Ravey197 months ago

Another read of this delightful story. 🖒🖒🖒🖒🖒

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai6437 months ago

Another great story!

Your writing is so good, each story enjoyable and well worth ready again and again!

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Fantastic story.... Many thanks.

dragonlover1dragonlover14 months ago

as is usual with your stories this is another great read, please keep them coming. i would really like another Izzy and Emily story with the marriage and car accident leading to Fiona and Jane adopting Sophie

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I've got to agree with the past comments, once again, a brilliantly written piece of work and just the way the story weaves a sort of lovely magic, It's wonderful. Keep up the great work and don't stop writing them PLEASE!!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersandy_paris@sandy_paris
Thanks to those who have rated and commented on my work. I self-edit, juse Grammarly and reread my stories many times but still, errors slip through - I apologise for that and hope that it doesn't distract too much. Recommended reading order: Milly Scott 0 - The New Assista...