All Comments on 'Back Around Again'

by rumpleminty

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Vanessa or Veronica????

Make up your mind.

An embarrassing error like that wouldn’t happen if you took the time to proofread your own story, which obviously you didn’t. The faux pas sticks out like dogs balls.

If you have an editor, sack’em, if not get one.

3/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Tremendously funny! Best catfight story on Lit. The dialogues going on in their heads were spot on and kept me laughing all the way through. 5 star writing. Hope to see more from you.

JAFCritic3JAFCritic3over 1 year ago

Thank you for your work and sharing this story. I’d like to share some thoughts.

1. I enjoyed the multiple points of view that each person’s diary shows. It would be very helpful in understanding what information they know and how they are responding to it. It also shows how they may misinterpret what information they know and then the rationale for their actions and behavior thereafter.

2. Something to consider: start with the diary entry and then when you’re describing a scene, fade into it as a normal story does. Then you can return to the diary entry for that character’s understanding and planning the next move.

3. This type of story telling kinda limited the dialogue, which was expected. But that also limited other outside catalysts that could have propelled the story. This isn’t a criticism, just a difficult thing to do in this type of story telling. And yet you were able to use Ross as a catalyst very well. If you tried to inject him any more though, it might get more complicated to script it out in diary entries because the reader would not be able to understand his thinking like with these characters.

4. One of my favorite parts was the descriptions during the narrative parts between characters and the point of view of the diary entry. Basic Bitch, Thieving twat, etc. that was hilarious and I had to write down a few names for future reference.

5. Do you plan to add on to this story at some point? And if so, would you continue with the current narrative structure or something else? I’d be interested to see what happens next considering that Ross is pining for Veronica/Venessa. But also what the response to this new dynamic would be to the friend groups of both Cindy (whose friends don’t know anything about him/them) and Trevor’s friends who think that he is breaking up with Veronica/Venessa.

Thanks for your work and sharing this story with us.

Bronco56Bronco56over 1 year ago

Great story. Enjoyed it immensely. 5stars

RosewoodTulipRosewoodTulipabout 1 year ago

Ok this story really made me laugh. The two women's names for each other while competing were very funny.

However not a lot of actual personality came through for Trevor. He seemed a bit weak. A supposed "perfect guy" but why is he?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Keep Vanessa or Veronica? as Trevors girlfriend and use Cindy as a whore. Maybe even whore her out to his friends so she knows her place and real purpose... cum dump.

goodshoes2goodshoes210 months ago

Trevor really had no personality show through. Why! Because he is EVERYMAN!!! The story allows a male reader to insert himself into Trevor's mind/place. And let the games begin!

goodshoes2goodshoes28 months ago

I will never let my wife read this comment, but I would very much like to be in Trevor's shoes.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This was well done and would have been a 5, except for one thing. He chose one over the other.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userrumpleminty@rumpleminty
1685 Followers
Hope you all enjoy the stories I share! If you do, please feel free to leave comments or reach out! While I will look over the comments, I will disregard the negative ones. I edit these stories myself and tell the stories I want to tell. Follow the Golden Rule, when possib...