All Comments on 'Back to the Farm Ch. 11'

by evanslily

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
lexiegblexiegbabout 15 years ago
squeeeeal!

i was so excited to see the new chapter posted you probably heard my squeal in the uk. GREAT chapter at that! glad you are not only back, but back with your usual eloquence (naturally, i expected no less!) i know you did it on purpose but i can't wait to find out for sure if lissy and gemma are both pregnant. i am a little confused about what happened to lissy when jonathan had to take care of her.... (i'm assuming the weight loss thing was to try and hide her pregnancy?) oh! and i'm hoping there is a nice potential man for j in the last few chapters. i know it's a bit cliche and totally unrealistic to wrap EVERYTHING up but.... well, i do like happy happy happy endings. please be sure to give your muse a nice cup of cocoa to say thank you!

Tory_del_RicohTory_del_Ricohabout 15 years ago
Welcome back

The wait was worth it.

ikebeeryikebeeryabout 15 years ago
thank you!!!

Sounds so little to just say Thank YOU. But know that

it is really heartfelt. I've like I'm sure many others

have been checking daily for this chapter. THANK YOU. I had a stroke and am slowly going blind and your writing is

one of my favorite things to listen to on the pc. So just know that your writig brigs a lot of pleasure to many many people. thank you, and I'll be checking daily again for the rest of the story. you've made the wait worthwhile.

zfammezfammeabout 15 years ago
thanks.

thanks for updating....really. :) about her losing weight, yep. i have heard (& read more about it too after reading this) about early pregnancy weight loss. i am crossing my fingers that their baby is healthy. i just hope this works out all in the end!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
good

It's good to have another chapter, but not great to know there will be 3 more chapters that will maybe be posted by the end of the year. I now know not to read another of yours until you have completed it for continuity's sake.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Well, nice, but.......

To be candid: the writing is great, but the time delay is a killer. (One has to re-read the previous chapter to get up to speed on where the story was left.) And for crying out loud! Is she pregnant, or isn't she??!!!! The clues keep bouncing back and forth, running about 52%--48% in favor. Or maybe it's cancer.....

-- KK in Texas

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Great buuuuut

Your stories are amazing but its so frustrating having to wait! Also I like being kept in suspense but its just getting a bit annoying now! Plz keep writing and finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Well.............

GReat chapter but I'm just realizing that the woman is 30 yrs old. 30. Not 21, 22, or 16. Her character is acting like a teenager and that's alittle hard to take after awhile. I don't know, my girlfriends would have taken me to task ALOT sooner than 4 months. And in this day and age, if she's pregnant and keeping it shushed because of her own selfishness , she's not ready to be a mom. Surprised to see an update as the others. Hope you can finish the story soon. And PLEASE..give that grown a$% woman a pair of "Big Girl" panties. I'm surprised that so many writers continue to make woman scarried brained and helps. Women can have feels, hurt, cry, loving without being totally helpless and immature. Lakergirl

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Ignore the whiners...

Apparently people aren't satisfied by being provided your stories for free... apparently they think you owe them something which is... laughable to say the least. Real life happens people, deal with it.

Love your stories and I'll be checking back all the time for the next update like i always do. I dont think Melissa is being immature or helpless at all actually... stubborn sure lol. She was angry and she was dealing with it. Why would it have been so much better just to let all the lies go? I think her anger and how stubborn she's been makes her more realistic than a woman who would've just screamed "i love you!!" and ran into his open arms the next day. Real people have breaking points.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Excellent, and.....

well worth the wait!

Very clever twist, too... initially it reads as if she's lost the baby..... but it seems not, woohoo!!

marexotic18marexotic18about 15 years ago
thank god your back!

I have missed your stories!! Anyways thank god for Gemma because Lissie is getting really annoying. She is soo immature, and to be honest at this point I am not sure what Matt sees in her. She should be the one realizing her mistake and going after him. Yes, she had a right to be angry, but not that angry and not freaking out like she is. Anyways I always love your stories, even if your characters frustrate me! Can't wait for more!!!

TricialenTricialenabout 15 years ago
Thank You!

Thank you so much for sharing your talent! I love your stories! I feel for Melissa. She has never really thought of herself as worthy of being loved. She's always been the odd person out and she just doesn't trust Matt yet..but knowning you she will. I love how you've kept us guessing about her pregnacy....and I do love that her friend forced her to go with Matt....I'll be waiting for more from you in the future.

michchick98michchick98about 15 years ago
More chocolate....

....for the muse and the author! Bravo, Lily. Excellent chapter and as usual, well worth the wait.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
thank god you're back

thank god you're back writing and finishing this story! but gemma was really getting on my nerves. a lot. she needs to butt out of the damn situation -- if i was lissy i'd have smacked her to mind her own business. and matt is freakin' prick, and i think the way you've developed lissy is brilliant and realistic, i hope just continue to keep her reactions so realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
So glad your muse is back

Looking forward to reading what happens next.

violinistsgstringviolinistsgstringabout 15 years ago
So good!!!!

I missed this story so much... glad you're back at it!

DevinsgirlCatDevinsgirlCatabout 15 years ago
YAY!

Welcome back! I am so happy to see this chapter posted!

I was one of those that wrote to you checking in, making a pest of myself I'm sure! Sorry, but I am so hooked on this story!

I am so glad that Gemma took the bull by the horns, and did something about trying to reunite these two! Where was she 14 years ago?! I love that Lissy has a friend that is strong, and will stick her nose in! We all need a friend that can see things clearly when we can't!

Anyway, so glad to see you back! So happy that Lissy actually told Matt she missed him! That's a huge step for her! I hope the farmhouse looks like Lissys drawing, and the kitchen was re-done like she suggested!

Thanks for all the enjoyable reading!

3 cheers for chocolate!

PrincessErinPrincessErinabout 15 years ago
Wonderful

It was worth the wait and I'm glad to hear that you're working on the other chapters.

ShondramwwShondramwwabout 15 years ago
YAY!!!

I was so happy to see more of this storey and I hope there is more soon I love it keep up the great work please hurry

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Thank You!!

omg i could not believe it when i happened to steal a look and u had put up a new chapter!!!! i hope your muse stays around for a long time now...the story was fabulous as always looking forward to more :)

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 15 years ago
Glad for an update but

I don't think Lissy should have given in so easily. He doesn't appear to understand her any better than he did before, so why should she forgive him? He's likely to be just as idiotic. Hoping for more spine in the next chapter.

incognito8incognito8about 15 years ago
Fantastic!

I disagree with you, cantfight; I don't think that he's the idiot, she is! Sure, maybe he made some stupid mistakes but she is a coward. The most we can really fault him for is being too good at keeping secrets...what a terrible quality in a person - integrity. Throughout the whole series the only time she's shown any backbone is when she's insisting on keeping someone at arms length. <br>

However, IloveitIloveitIloveitIloveitIloveit. Can't wait for the next update. Baited freaking breath.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Where's the love?

You write beautifully and you create characters that are memorable. I get that Lissy's always felt like an outsider and it makes her insecure and very sensitve. But I don't get a sense she loves Matt beyond him being her childhood sweetheart. I mean I can see why she'd be upset by the big secret Charlie kept but never once did she think about how devastating it must have been for Matt to find out about his parentage. She's so wrapped up in her own insecurities that she rarely extends herself to Matt or shows empathy. I agree with the poster who says Matt was guilty of having integrity. Did it ever cross Lissy's mind how hard it must be for Matt to have a father figure ask him to keep something private? I think Matt deserves a woman who doesn't need to be propped up and coddled to the point he can never be vulnerable with her because she can't handle it or offer her man some support when he needs it. He's shown he's willing to try and that he cares for her. I'm waiting to see if Lissy's going to have an epiphany and get over herself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Waiting

Are we going to have to wait ANOTHER 4 months for the next chapter???

starry_nightstarry_nightabout 15 years ago
Yay!

So happy to see this update! I think my favorite part of this chapter was when Lissy told Matt she missed him so much. :) Also, what a good friend Gemma is. She's a riot! Looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks for writing!

August_BouvierAugust_Bouvierabout 15 years ago
Welcome back

Can't wait to read the next chapter. The suspense is too much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
so happy to see you're back!

Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
YAY!

I'm so glad you're back! :D

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 14 years ago
Hmmm...

There was one comment about Jonathan having taken more of a father figure than a boss. Melissa's mother never told her who her father was. Hmmmm. I figured one of the twists might have been that Charlie was Melissa's father, too, but now I'm not so sure. That would have been a real twist to the plot, but I'm thinking there is still some other tangent this will take before its over. Could Jonathan be Melissa's father? On to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Love Gemma

And Lissy is SO PREGNANT.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
A story with far too many chapters!

Don´t you think that we already have come to the conclusion that Melissa is an idiot and we for that reason have to read 11 chapters?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

stop being idiots you guys. this is an ace story, your just jealous that you can't write such a good story

WaltzWaltzabout 13 years ago
The point of a story is CHAPTERS.

All stories have them.

I personally love this story, and don't mind lengthy chapters in the slightest.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

This is a great story and those complaining about the amount of chapters obviously don't have a very good attention span or have never read a novel, stop your bloody complaining, no one is forcing you to read it.

EuphoriaSlam69EuphoriaSlam69almost 10 years ago
Holy fuck that Gemma is a hoot!

One of my favourite characters of ALL time!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Not a good friend

I would never trust Gemma again. Why does Melissa except al the lies? So far nobody has been on her side. Her only friend betrays her and she accepts it as if it was just another day at the office because she was wrong and the others were right???

Why can't she just find a nice man and be happy instead of staying with a man who constantly lies to her and then thinks she lies about writing? And after all his stupid actions she still thinks he is the prince who is come to save her?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Anon. 2/26/19

No one LIED to her. Just hid the truth which would surely have shaken her world. So they protected her and themselves from the aftermath. Charlie was a coward IMO in not facing Melissa and telling her the truth. Not Matt's fault at all. Of course he shouldn't have stayed out of contacted for 15 years but who knows what was going on in his mind. And Lissy clearly overreacted. She disconnected the phone for crying out loud! She should have been upset with Charlie not Matt! And let's face it the truth would have been harder on Matt than her so 4 months and no contact is stubbornness on her part. As for Matt well I guess he must have felt heartbroken but he should have postponed his trip. Gemma was right in saying that he shouldn't give Lissy choice cause all the time she always took the coward's way out till now. Which is very frustrating BTW.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

How to rebuild a broken bridge? Is the foundation good? Is forcing a reconciliation good for a wounded relationship or ? Nice plot tension.

BarryAllen888BarryAllen8887 months ago

Gemma clearly is the only one not suffering from inertia. Matt and Lissy seem so pathetic in this chapter, again not willing to listen and talk. This mechanic that you’re using to drive the story forward is becoming painful. Some initial secrets or better yet, family mysteries and them working with each other would have been more appealing. I almost wished that they would have said “right we’re clearly not for each other” and moved on. End of story. The two of them have become flagellants to their romantic lives.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous