All Comments on 'Bad Penny Ch. 11'

by MVPrimetime

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
MVPrimetimeMVPrimetimeover 11 years agoAuthor
Comment and votes

So either this story is the worst thing I have ever submitted, or the trolls are out in force - I don't mind the '1's but I would like to know why- is it content? Did you not like the BDSM and loving wives stuff? (you were warned...) or is it style or structure or what? So how about this - if you want to vote a 3 or less, COMMENT!

CeliaisAlienaCeliaisAlienaover 11 years ago
A painful twist

Emotionally, this is painful. And with all the mitigating circumstances, it's still hard to deal with, even though I know the dangers have always lurked there. My gut reaction at first was a lot of anger: at Tara, for letting her house be swamped with mean louts; with Sean, for not being a superhero; and yes, even with the guru, for not reining in Tara before, knowing how fiercely she ropes people in to her lifestyle and the potential for somebody getting out of control someday.

It is powerful as well as purgatorial. I admit, for once it's not really possible for me to regard it as 'erotica', but that's not an objection to the writing or the story arc itself. It's a realistic treatment, and in some ways, what's happened isn't much worse than the drunken party that saw Penny used by that sadistic stranger. Still, it makes me long for the relative comfort of those days, edgy yet somehow at ease, when Penny was just acclimating to the lifestyle of two mixed couples of close friends. She's like an old friend now I almost want to send out good vibes to, trying to keep her alright. But of course, it's all so much more complicated than that!

MVPrimetimeMVPrimetimeover 11 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the feedback

And sorry for the trauma, Celiai, and anyone else who is fond of my heroine.

As you may have noticed Chapter 10 was long delayed, and this one came shortly after. Ten ended on a cliffhanger, because I was stuck trying to write the episode that came after it, which is the start of this chapter. I had been trying for weeks to get it right, and to describe the weeks after the event. so I cut it short, published the first part as chapter ten, and felt the pressure release, and then found I could write it in a few days.

And it was a release to write it, since I have known that it was coming since I started this story two years ago. This has been cathartic. And I agree, not erotic. it is too close to real events for me to either leave out or be happy to relate, but it was also vital to her character. I had to do it.

However, we are past that now, and without providing spoilers, I can promise that although there are wild and interesting times ahead, the next few chapters will be much more like old times.

Also, note: Tilly does not have "bear legs" and "bear arms" She has perfectly normal hum ones that just happen to be bare. I write on an iPhone mostly - I blame autocorrect, plus bad proof reading - sorry!

spearishspearishabout 11 years ago
What a roller coaster !

Where do I start ....I cringed ,I wailed ,I was so damn angry ......at Sean ,Tara,Penny .It made uncomfortable reading .My utter pity for Penny was tinged with fury at her and my utter loathing for Tara grew even more ...WHY would you take her around there again FFS? !! I'm tryig really hard to understand Sean's actions here and no I don't think he's quite as hateful as I once did but I'm sorry ....do not ask me to acceot utterly debasing his girlfriend "for her own health" .

spearishspearishabout 11 years ago
What a roller coaster !

I'm repulsed ,sympathetic,worried and so very angry with Sean,Tara and Penny although in the latters case I also feel deep pity .Whilst I have changed my opinion quite markedly on Sean's actions I cannot buy in to the debasement of his girlfriend as a road to recovery solution .He does however score points for staying even if in reality I suspect its largely guilt .I don't think many men could handle that scenario but why oh why does he take her to Tara's again !! ?? Stay away FFS.!!

Great chapter .

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Alternative Ulster

Previously the odd bits of local colour (places, idioms and hints at the social norms of the times - very different from now!) had enhanced the believability of the story but the exclusion of "The Troubles" seemed an odd ommision. I know this is an erotic story with its raison d'etre the sex, but as I said before its been impressive in the whole construct of their lives and motivations. God, how that has been put right! Even in England they were a big part of growing up in the seventies, eighties and nineties. In Belfast the terror must have been palpable. Readers from other parts of the world do not under estimate the danger that lurked in that room. Sectarian murders were common and random. Another excellent chapter. There is an almost Shakespearian tragedy unfolding with several characters aware of their path, not enjoying necessarily where they are and where they are headed but unable to do anything but let fate take its course

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMVPrimetime@MVPrimetime
The story of my life is not as interesting as the versions of that story that I write and submit here. I am not fast at writing, so please bear with me. Now that the Bad Penny story has been completed (witht eh Always turns up sequel) I have to admit that "If I Knew Then.. "...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES