All Comments on 'Bad to Me'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 173 Comments
Bh76Bh76almost 2 years ago

Another winner HDK. Great job!

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3almost 2 years ago

Funny. Predictable, but that didn't detract from how good the story was

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 2 years ago

Too short but an excellent read.

That is one good way of dumping a skank.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Bros before hoes. Pretty funny.

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 2 years ago

Excellent! If there was only some way to make it known she's a gold digging cheat slut to the general population, without getting hit with slander, libel, or defamation of character lawsuits. Maybe with that kind of money the could use some bitcoins and the dark web to destroy her reputation...

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 2 years ago

They’re in their 50’s, acting like high school kids. Da’fuq is wrong with you? You’re better than this shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Love it!

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxalmost 2 years ago

FUCKING-A-GREAT!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another masterpiece from the great HDK! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very clever, well written, the story moved fast and was interesting. Nicely done in all, I'm sure people will bitch but most of them haven't written anything before so don't take it seriously.

ibuguseribuguseralmost 2 years ago

Hilarious. Always a pleasure to read your humorous stories.

OdiouserOdiouseralmost 2 years ago

Very nice, as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5 Stars! She was a bitch, eight days of the week.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 2 years ago

Well, that's a 5* twist! A good story well told.

That's a great friend there, right enough.

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 2 years ago

Good one.

Loved it.

Didn't see it comming but should have expected it from a great writer like HDK

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66almost 2 years ago

I didn't see the twist coming at all. Great job! 5 stars.

DG HearDG Hearalmost 2 years ago

Good story made me smile. 5*

With respect

DG Hear

servant111servant111almost 2 years ago

Evil...utterly dispicable... I love it!!

5 stars

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

"That’s true, but be very careful around him. He’s a huge pussy hound.” - Why do the wives always cheat with the guys their husbands warn them about.

\

“I knew money meant more to you than I ever did." - I think we know who money means more to!

\

Maybe I need another cup of coffee, I never saw that coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Your stories never disappoint. Thank you for another gem. *****

Wonderman1Wonderman1almost 2 years ago

Liked the story very nice twist too. That's true friendship.

amyyumamyyumalmost 2 years ago

You are one tricky little devil -- ha, ha; 5* from me!

P S Why do all the women in your stories have big tits? Why can't you have a wife with a perfect ass for once?

K.K.K.K.almost 2 years ago

Nice twist on the trading up theme. Always a joy to find one of HDKs stories on the list.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Top-notch stuff. A good, original story. Thank you!

deadonedeadonealmost 2 years ago

I do love how you can work a story in one direction and then go left. Thank you for another good read.

oldtwitoldtwitalmost 2 years ago

Great story, just loved it

BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 2 years ago

A very fulfilling story for a quickie. Thanks.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

Way too short for me personally, but liked the storyline and its construction.

carvohicarvohialmost 2 years ago

Nice rub. Good story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So many LW stories are about money (it is never in the tags). Over all of the LW stories currently on file, the average net worth of the couples at the time of filing is $2.3 million. Remember: the premise to this story is "I Wanna Know What Love Is". Therefore, love is money. Take a couple of rich guys, throw in a material girl, and Presto!: 4.5. I suppose this is fitting for a society like ours.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 2 years ago
Dirty Deeds !

Done dirt cheap with a side of droll.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Kind of funny. Sadly not the least bit erotic.

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 2 years ago

Nice!

Enjoyable original slut dumping story.

Good quick read.

kencorokencoroalmost 2 years ago

I remember reading this author's comment criticizing another author (hooked1957's Two Birds with One Stone);

"One of the things that makes first person story telling difficult is that the person telling the story must be honest with himself and with the reader."

Now he did the mistake himself, lying to the readers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wouldn’t the prenuptial agreement have both parties leaving with both parties leaving with what they brought to the marriage with perhaps a penalty for adultery? Some even state that all income anything bought with it belongs to the person who earned it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Superb

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Exceptionally clever plot, and good execution. 55555555555

Hooked1957Hooked1957almost 2 years ago

Didn't see it coming until most of the way through. Hysterical.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Loved it. It was brief, humorous and devious.

After all these stories HDK you can still write 'she was...younger than I'? Rather disappointing.

UnassignedUnassignedalmost 2 years ago

Nicely written, of course, and fun to read. The only issue is that the punchline was telegraphed like a freight train so early in the story.

tangledweedtangledweedalmost 2 years ago

I saw that coming from the start; not because I am that smart, but because HDK was laying the foreshadowing on thick. Why do I feel like he could knock off a story like this during the commercials of a single baseball game on TV? Since I don't enjoy HDK for his subtle nuance, it was still a fun read.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 2 years ago

Nice way to get rid of a cheating wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not bad. Not great. Prototypical expression of average. And “average” is beneath your talents.

.

3 ***

Buster2UBuster2Ualmost 2 years ago

Whoa, what a great little story! The perfect way to get rid of "Gold Digger" cheating wife! LOL! Oh so funny I loved it. 10 stars to the writer! Thanks so Much for a very Great Story!

nixroxnixroxalmost 2 years ago

4 stars for a well executed 'Best Buddy' taking one for the team, to get rid of a conniving bitch.

It is very similar to the cheating husband divorce trap.

I'll certainly remember this one for future reference.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Fun. Can't say that I didn't see it coming from almost the beginning. But still lots of fun to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really a nice twist. I thought it was going to be that old type story. Her outsmarted the shrew. But why didn’t he do a background check. He gave her a guaranteed prenup all in her favor. Crazy 😜.

mainer42mainer42almost 2 years ago

Wonderfully done. Almost caught me by surprise there. One of your best short stories

RanDog025RanDog025almost 2 years ago

Excellent! 5 BIG ASS FLAMING STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Uh what, is it over yet? Please say it is

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Anonymous seems to feel he knows English grammar better than I. One nice thing is that I sign my name to my opinions. Smugness, especially when it is not correct, is not attractive. I would have written to him/her directly if anon had used a login name. It's good to learn grammar on a porn site.

***************************************************

Than: Preposition or conjunction?

The word than can act either as a preposition or as a conjunction. In both uses, it introduces the second element of a comparison.

Prepositions are words of relationship, like for, from, on, in, and about. As a preposition, the word than shows a relationship of comparison between two parts of a clause. Remember that the object of a preposition is an object pronoun like me, not a subject pronoun like I. Therefore, than as a preposition is followed by me rather than I.

EXAMPLES

Lulu is funnier than me.

object of the preposition than = “me”

I’m sure Rita can run faster than me.

When than is used as a conjunction, it connects two clauses. An object pronoun like me cannot serve as the subject of a clause. The subject pronoun I must be used instead.

EXAMPLES

Lulu is a better comic than I ever was.

This sentence has two clauses—”Lulu is a better comic” and “I ever was”—joined using the conjunction than.

Rita can run faster than I can.

This can be shortened to “Rita can run faster than I.”

As you can see, both “than I” and “than me” are grammatically correct. Which pronoun to use with than simply depends on whether you want to use the word as a preposition or a conjunction.

https://editorsmanual.com/articles/than-i-or-me/

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Kencoro, simply put, you are wrong. The first-person narrator did not lie to the reader. If you can show me where he did, I would appreciate it. I cannot email you as you do not accept emails. (Sorry, this member does not allow anonymous feedbacks) Was it the winning at solitaire that you felt was a stretch?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thanks for a fun little read. Not a lot of time for character development, but that was surely not the point. And the writing was good, as usual…including “she was…younger than I” with the implicit “am” at the end. Apparently at least one reader thinks that it should have been “me”…which would make it the very awkward phrasing…”she was…younger than me (am).” I’d go with HDK.

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07almost 2 years ago

Cute, short, and directly to the point! Very good read....

beanburner69beanburner69almost 2 years ago

Another great story with a twist

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

Always the master of the short story and humor. I loved it! 5*

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 2 years ago

HDK, someone said the punchline was telegraphed, but it was a fun telegraph and left me with a laugh. Thanks for writing and sharing this. 5*.

GriscomGriscomalmost 2 years ago

The subtitle gave away the plot. You could have teased me a bit more. Still enjoyable.

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 2 years ago

What can I say great story.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 2 years ago

Now that's a real friend. :-) Engenius plot, I loved this. 5 stars, no doubt.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

That was original and fun! 5*****!

demanderdemanderalmost 2 years ago

Great story. Thing is, he actually married her. Must have been blinded by love. D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

That’s weak and lousy too and has definitely a bad aftertaste. Nope, not good this time.

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Now that truly is what long time friends are for. LP

iammweaseliammweaselalmost 2 years ago

Fun read, and like most I felt I had an idea of what was coming when the bat hit me right between the eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

That was pretty good. 5 stars.

ohioohioalmost 2 years ago

Short and sweet! Exactly the type of tale of which HDK is the unrivalled master--and he lives up to his billing in this one. It couldn't be tighter or come more swiftly to the point. Plus, of course, his humor is undimmed (my favorite is the third paragraph of the story).

Thanks as always, your biggest fan: ohio

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Disappointing, really, but not bad. The story felt like something HDK slammed out without much thought or care, just meeting expectations: a story was promised to Randi for her event, a story was delivered. Again, not bad, but once read, easily forgotten.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 2 years ago

Oh goodness, just perfect. 5 for sure.

BSreaderBSreaderalmost 2 years ago
Interesting

All I can say

CagivagurlCagivagurlalmost 2 years ago

My only complaint... It was far to short...

Nicely woven tale

5 stars

Cagivagurl

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Guess I'm a little slow, because unlike Griscom, tangledweed and Hooked, I didn't see it coming until it came. After reading and weeping through laptopwriter's "Why Can't I Be Loved," expected a 1-page HDK to be a pleasant 4. But like the song that provided its title, this was a QuickMagazine 5 all the way. Masterfully done, in the fine HDK/JPB O'Henry Twist tradition.

Cracker270Cracker270almost 2 years ago

Fun. A nice well written fun story

Attila_OAttila_Oalmost 2 years ago
Bro before Ho.

Title says it all

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

Griscom, I didn't think that the subtitle gave away the plot. I thought his friend really DID steal his wife!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Lost me at the beginning when it's his best friend since second grade and the friend has never met his wife? And the friend comes to town but doesn't call his best friend? Details matter.

inka2222inka2222almost 2 years ago

Awesome BTB! Great twist. Good story

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 2 years ago
Well done!

As always, when HDK is involved, a delight to read!!!!

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

Good onehow to get rid of cheating money hungry wife, all you need is a little green honey.

rodryder44rodryder44almost 2 years ago

Whack-a-mole! What a twister! Although Tim didn't find love your story earned four stars.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 2 years ago

My guy. Hasn't lost a step. Thank you, Sir Knight. Randi.

green117green117almost 2 years ago
I did guess the twist -

more due to the speed of the plot evolution than anything else... and "guessed" means I looked ahead to see if I was right.

YMMV

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

always good when a gold digger digs her own grave.....lol.....touche

GrandPaMGrandPaMalmost 2 years ago

Nice twist on the genre...didn't see it coming. 5*

skruff101skruff101almost 2 years ago

Fun fun fun. Loved it.

stev2244stev2244almost 2 years ago

Yes! That felt like a classic HDK story, which, as everyone will agree, is one of the best things that can happen in LW. Good stuff, 5*

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...