All Comments on 'Baker and Jones Ch. 14'

by MsAppropriately

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I would burn every book ever written in the English language if it meant I got to read more Baker and Jones.

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 1 year ago

Keep it going! Loved to see Annette & Cordelia together. Can’t wait to see if Cordelia can come to the rescue. Nice suspenseful ending to this chap.

spectral72spectral72over 1 year ago

I've never commented on a story/series before although I've been an avid reader of lit for years. I just want to say that this is one of the best stories I've ever read. The dialogue is so so good. Amazing even.

Can't wait to continue this and any other story that you produce.

XactoXactoover 1 year ago

Thank you for ANOTHER beautifully crafted episode! ❤️❤️❤️

AliceGeeAliceGeeover 1 year ago

Each new chapter never fails to intrigue. The writing is immaculate and the storyline fascinating. I just wish that I knew more details of the procedure to be twice born. Is there surgery involved, devine intervention or does the participant retain their man bits while assuming the identity of a woman? What I really want to know is what is the state of Annette's plumbing? I live in hope that all will be eventually revealed.

MsAppropriatelyMsAppropriatelyover 1 year agoAuthor

As always, thank you for the kind words! I'm loving writing this as much as you're loving reading it, and it's so moving to have so much support for my work.

As for twice-born anatomy and transition: it varies from place to place. In this alternate timeline, due to the church's acceptance of a process of transition, the church pours tons of time and energy into creating strict gender binaries in order to ascertain what exactly are the differences between men and women. In this process, they discover hormones earlier than in our world (in our world the earliest modern versions of hormones were developed around the turn of the 20th century; in Baker and Jones, it occurs around the turn of the 19th) and twice-born children undergo hormone therapy from a young age. This is how Annette transitioned from childhood under the care of Sister Pullwater.

As for plumbing: it varies from place to place. Some places practice castration on twice-born women, and some don't. Similar procedures sometimes also occur for twice-born men. Sometimes, for twice-born women, this involves full removal of everything in the area, but this is incredibly rare and often viewed as extreme. In most places that practice this, it simply involves a removal of testes (similar to a surgical procedure some trans women in our world undergo, known as an orchiectomy.) This is what Annette went through.

So, to be more specific: Annette retains her shaft, but not her testicles. Trans women often have different ways of referring to the organ, as most tend to dislike the term "penis" due to gendered connotations. I refer to it as "clit," particularly because everyone possesses the same general makeup of their reproductive organs, they just appear differently due to anatomical sex differences. When trans men undergo testosterone hormone therapy, their clitoris grows and forms an organ we would typically describe as a penis; and this is an excellent way to understand that they are fundamentally the same organ, just in different forms. Hope that clears it up! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Science Fiction.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMsAppropriately@MsAppropriately
Trans. Autistic. My kink is being praised for my work. Not sure if I write smut with a plot or plot with a smut. I also post on Scribblehub -> https://www.scribblehub.com/profile/93855/ms.appropriately/ And I have a Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/user?u=89119316

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES