Ballerina

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
komrad1156
komrad1156
3,795 Followers

Her father went to answer her when he saw Morgan, who'd somehow slipped out behind them unnoticed, opening the door of her car. She heard Becca's comment about a popsicle and turned around and laughed.

"I left because Creepy Guy started heading my way again, and without my pretend boyfriend, I wasn't about to stay. But why are you leaving?" she asked, that beautiful smile on her face.

"We're uh, bustin' out," Jake told her.

"Do you want a popsicle, too?" Becca asked.

Morgan gave her dad a funny look, and as he thought about explaining what that meant, he had another dose of courage rise up inside him, and without asking Kayla said, "We were thinking about stopping by Dairy Queen for a...popsicle. Would you...maybe want to join us?"

Kayla was smiling at Morgan as she whispered to her brother, "What in the world are you doing?"

"Come with us, Morgan!" Becca said before Morgan could reply. "You can have a yellow popsicle and I'll have red."

"I...I don't want to..."

"You're not," Jake told her, no matter what else she was about to say. "We'd love to have you join us. Right, Kayla?"

"Oh. Yes. Of course we would!" she said, still smiling as she gently elbowed her brother.

"My treat, of course," Jake added.

"If you're sure," Morgan said, the look on her face showing she felt like she was interrupting a family tradition or something.

"We're sure!" Kayla said, barely able to wait to hear what this was all about.

"Okay. I guess I could follow you."

"All right. That sounds great!" Jake told her. "It's the one by Les Grove Park on South Auburn Way North."

Morgan laughed then said, "That's too funny. I have no idea who named the streets around here, but they're so confusing I'm just gonna have to learn my way around again."

Jake set Becca down, grabbed his phone, then sent Morgan a text.

"That's my number in case we get separated. Again."

Morgan gave him another funny look causing Jake to laugh.

"You know, like when I wasn't there for you when your favorite guy came calling again."

"Oh! Duh!" she said as she checked her phone. "Okay. I'll try and stay behind you, but I can at least send out an SOS now if you lose me."

Kayla wasn't sure if she was enjoying watching her brother act all love struck or annoyed at him making a decision without asking her first. But this might just end up being fun, so she decided not to complain as Jake made an 'aw shucks' face while he promised her he wouldn't drive too fast.

Once they were in the car and back out on the road, Kayla said, "Okay. Now talk."

"About?" Jake said, causing his sister to make a snorting sound.

"About? Are you kidding me? What's up with...with the...date...thing. With the very hot, older woman? Were you not listening?" she replied.

"Okay. First of all, it's not a date. Second, yes, I was listening. But she's here by herself and doesn't know anyone in town, and we haven't been to DQ for a long time. It just seemed like the polite thing to do."

"Oh, okay. For a minute there I thought my brother was losing his mind or something," Kayla said, the sarcasm dripping from her words.

Jake looked over at her then fessed up.

"I uh, I kind of...asked her out."

"Yeah. I was there, remember?"

"No. Before. Inside the model home."

"Oh, my... Jake? Are you...crazy?"

"Maybe, but...I kinda like her," her brother replied.

"Like her? You just met her! You don't even know her, for goodness sakes!"

"That's why I asked her to join us," he told her, ignoring her strident tone of voice.

He looked back at Kayla who was staring at him and shaking her head.

"What? She's really nice," her brother told her.

"Just...wow," Kayla said, never taking her eyes off of her brother.

"I agree. She is pretty hot, huh?" Jake replied, knowing the needling would send his sister into a tizzy.

Kayla shook her head and put her hands up in surrender mode.

"Okay. Fine. Go ahead and spend time with some...50-year old woman. It's your life!"

Kayla was shaking her head in that 'oh, my god' kind of way, and this time, it didn't annoy Jake. He just laughed.

"I'd say she's about 40," he told her.

"Uh-huh. With a kid in college. Right," his sister said before adding, "Genius."

Jake put his left turn signal then said, "Okay. Aren't you the one who's always telling me I need to start seeing someone?"

"No!" she replied immediately. "I am not 'always' telling you anything. I mentioned once a couple of weeks ago that you should maybe..."

Kayla realized she was about to say, "Start seeing someone," so she stopped talking and just glared at her brother, who, in turn, started laughing.

"Are you guys fighting?" Becca asked.

Kayla spun her head around and said, "No. Not at all, sweetie. Your daddy and I were just...having a discussion."

Jake looked in the mirror, smiled then told his daughter, "That's right. Your Aunt Kayla was just reminding me what a genius I am."

Kayla balled up a fist then put it down before Becca noticed. She waited for Jake to look her way then mouthed the word, "ASSHOLE!" causing him to laugh even harder.

"Daddy? Are you happy?" Becca asked when she heard him laugh a second time.

He was going to tell her 'yes' when he realized why she'd asked. While he was never mean or unfriendly, he rarely laughed anymore; something he used to do all the time.

"Yes. I guess maybe I am, honey," he told her.

Satisfied, Becca went back to whatever she was doing or thinking.

The Dairy Queen was just up ahead on the right, so Jake put on his blinker again just as he noticed Morgan pulling in right behind them.

As he parked the car, he said to his sister, "Would you get Becca for me, please?"

He turned the engine off and flew out of the car before Kayla could say, "Sure," or ask him why. But when she saw where he went, she knew why.

"Here. Let me get that for you," Jake said as he ran up to Morgan's side of her car.

"Oh. Um...thank you!" she said as he opened it for her then stood back.

As she got up, her also offered her a hand and got another 'thank you' as she asked where his little ballerina was just as Kayla got Becca out of the car seat.

"Her uh, her aunt is getting her," Jake said as he closed the door for her.

Morgan had no idea what Kayla was thinking, but as she walked up with Becca, she said, "This is so nice to be with a family that enjoys spending time together."

Kayla smiled again just like she'd done before then said, "Oh, I never get tired of spending time with my brother. I mean, how could I when he's a genius?"

The look she gave Jake when Morgan turned to walk in was classic. Adding insult to injury, Becca let go of her aunt's hand and took Morgan's who was pleasantly surprised.

"You can sit with me!" the little girl told her.

"I would like that very much!" Morgan let her know with a bright, happy smile.

"Cuz my daddy and my Aunt Kayla like to spend time together," Becca said, repeating what she'd just heard.

"You're a very lucky young lady," Morgan told her as Jake reached around and opened the door as they got to the entrance.

Morgan and Becca walked through, and Jake moved like he was going to close it on his sister when she elbowed him again.

"I will hurt you!" she said quietly in the way only a sister could.

Jake laughed again then let her go through as Morgan picked Becca up so she could see the menu board.

"I don't think they serve popsicles, sweetheart. You might have to choose something else," she said to Becca as she looked at Jake for his approval.

"You can have anything you want today, honey," Jake told his baby girl.

As she was deciding, Jake asked Morgan what she'd like.

"I haven't had a soft ice cream cone in forever. Would that be okay?"

"Of course. And I think I'll have the same only I might get mine dipped in chocolate."

"Chocolate! I want chocolate ows cream!" Becca announced as Kayla snidely said to her brother, "Don't worry about me. I'll be fine."

"I never worry about you," he said just as quietly and drew a third elbow jab.

He rubbed his side then said, "Good thing I've got health insurance!"

Jake ordered for everyone but Kayla but did hear her brother say, "Put hers on my tab, too, please."

"Gee. Thanks!" Kayla said, that faux smile glued to her face.

Morgan was still unaware of the sibling banter and asked Becca if she wanted to get down.

"No. You can hold me," she informed the pretty woman who had her in her arms.

"Well that makes me very happy," Morgan let her know, that genuine smile still on her face. Lips Jake had noticed were soft and full and very...

"Soft ice cream cone," the girl behind the counter said as she handed Morgan's order to her.

Jake came to her rescue and grabbed it so she wouldn't have to let go of Becca then pulled his wallet out before his cone came across the counter and got out a twenty.

He handed it to the same girl when she gave him his order, and Kayla finally smiled a real smile then said, "I'll grab Becca's. You go ahead and sit down."

She whispered, "With your girlfriend."

Jake gave her a playful elbow then said, "Thanks, sis."

"Oh, you're gonna owe me, but...you're welcome. And I'm keeping the change."

"Hey, you teach school. You'll need it," her brother said, smiling and pulling away before she could give him a fourth elbow.

Morgan hadn't seen or heard any of it as she was busy getting a booster chair for Becca after being told, "I don't need a highchair, cuz I'm big now."

As Jake walked up, Becca was seated, and Morgan was still smiling.

"I just love her!" she said as Jake waited for her to sit down.

She smoothed her skirt, then slid in. Jake handed her her cone, and she grabbed a bunch of napkins for everyone. Kayla set Becca's cup of chocolate ice cream down, wrapped a napkin around her neck, then put a spoon in the cup and said, "Be careful, sweetie."

"I will!" Becca promised as she took a huge first bite, most of which fell on the napkin.

Morgan hadn't taken her eyes off the pretty little ballerina and was having more fun watching her eat than she was with her own cone. When it finally dripped she realized she was the only one not eating. She wiped up the little drip, took a first lick then said, "Oh, my. That is SO good!"

"So you weren't kidding about being easy to please, were you?" Jake said with a smile as he carefully took a second bite, knowing pieces of chocolate would fall off onto a napkin waiting below.

"No. Definitely not," she told him. "I'm a meat and potatoes kind of girl."

"I'm guessing you don't actually eat meat or potatoes, though," Kayla said, the attitude completely gone. "You look...really amazing."

"Oh, my gosh! Thank you, Kayla. And I have to say you're a very attractive young woman."

"I think I like her, too," Kayla said to her brother while smiling at Morgan.

"So...Jake said you grew up around here?" Kayla asked to get the conversation started.

"I did. Just a few miles north in Kent."

"Sorry to hear that," Kayla told her, knowing Morgan would understand the Auburn-Kent Meridian rivalry.

"Oh, right. Yes, the Tigers vs the Royals. Go Royals!" Morgan teased.

Kayla gave her a fake 'ugh' then asked how she liked being back home.

For the next half hour or so, the three of them got better acquainted as Becca occasionally chimed in with something that nearly always drew a quiet chuckle.

At some point, Kayla, who was doing most of the talking, asked about Morgan's late husband, making sure to let her know she understood it was none of her business.

"I don't mind at all. Gregg was the love of my life. We were married right out of college and had just over 21 wonderful years together."

"And you lost him...when?" Kayla asked very delicately.

"Oh. It was on New Year's Day in 2016," she said, causing Kayla to look at Jake.

"Did I say something wrong?" Morgan asked, the look on their faces telling her she had.

"No," Jake said.

He leaned over then quietly told her, "Becca's mom passed away just minutes before midnight on December 31st, 2015."

She put a hand on Jake's forearm then said, "I am so sorry, Jake."

"It's okay. It's just the coincidence of that happening. That's all."

"That is unbelievably coincidental," Morgan agreed, as she looked at Becca, knowing she was growing up without a mother. "You've obviously done very well with her, Jake. She's such a sweetie pie."

He thanked then said, "It's been hard sometimes, you know, but I wouldn't trade one second with my little prince...ballerina."

"Listen, I know this is none of my business, but I know someone who runs a ballet studio not too far from here. Or at least she used to. I drove by the old location yesterday, but it had already closed. I'm pretty sure it just moved, but I haven't had time yet to check. Have you thought about letting Becca take lessons?"

Becca, her face a mess of dark brown, was now happily coloring with the crayons provided by Dairy Queen, and had no idea what the adults were talking about.

"I know she'd love that, but I work...a lot, and Kayla teaches 2nd grade where Becca goes to Kindergarten. When Becca gets out of class, she just goes to Kayla's room until school's out. So I don't know how we'd ever fit that in."

"Maybe, at some point, you'd be willing to let me take her?" Morgan offered, causing Kayla to shake her head slightly as in 'did I just hear you correctly?'.

"I actually danced a little more than I let on when Becca and I were talking, and if my friend still runs the studio, I think I might just start dancing again myself."

"Now I'm very interested," Jake said as he turned toward her. "Just how much more is 'a little more'?"

"I danced all the way through college," Morgan told him—and Kayla—was now very interested.

"May I ask why you quit?" Kayla asked, trying not to be nosy.

"Well, when Greg and I got married, his family lived in Spokane, and they owned a business there. I was young and in love, and at the time, he, and later our daughter, Anna, were far more important to me than ballet. Besides, while I was a reasonably good dancer, I knew I wasn't ever going to be good enough to dance professionally, so...I gave it up. With no regrets."

"Wow. That's amazing," Kayla told her. "I can totally see you as a ballerina."

"Ballet was the first love of my life. Had Gregg not some along and swept me off my feet...who knows?"

Morgan felt like she was doing too much talking and decided she was keeping them.

"I've truly enjoyed spending time with you," she said, "but I'm sure you have a lot of things to do still, so if you don't mind, I'll go ahead and give you some time without me monopolizing the conversation."

Jake slid over but made it clear he didn't feel that way at all.

"No, this was really nice," he told her.

"Yes. I agree. I had a very nice time. And Kayla? It was such a pleasure meeting you."

Kayla smiled and told her she felt the same way. And it was then she realized it really had been a pleasure meeting Morgan.

Morgan then bent down and told Becca she was leaving.

"Bye, Morgan!" she said, barely looking up.

"Maybe I'll see you again sometime, okay?"

"Do you like my picture?" Becca asked without acknowledging what the pretty woman had just said.

"I do. It's very...red!"

"Red is my favorite," Becca told her, the paper almost completely covered in red.

"Well, it's very pretty. Just like you."

Morgan gave her a little kiss on the cheek, and when she did, Becca dropped her crayon and held out her little arms.

Morgan looked at Jake who said, "We really need to be going, too, so if you don't mind..."

"Mind? Oh, my gosh! I can't think of anything I'd like more than to pick this sweet girl up again!"

"Chocolate mess and all?" Kayla said as Morgan grabbed her.

Kayla quickly cleaned her up the best she could with the napkins, but there was still a little left over chocolate on her face.

"Nonsense. She's...perfect!" Morgan said as she gave Becca a hug. "Chocolate is temporary, but hugs...are forever."

Morgan asked Becca how she liked Kindergarten while she carried her outside as Jake and Kayla walked behind them.

"Okay. Maybe I was a tad bit...judgmental," Kayla whispered as they walked.

"She's pretty great, huh?" Jake replied.

"Yeah. She's really nice."

Kayla offered to put Becca back in the carseat so Jake could walk Morgan back to her car.

"I hope this didn't count as our..."

"Date?" she asked with that gorgeous smile of hers.

"Okay. Date," Jake replied, unable to stop smiling.

"You know, when you first asked me, I told myself it would just be nice to have something to do, and maybe get to know someone a little better. But after spending some time with you, Becca, and Kayla, I found myself thinking I'd enjoy spending even more time with you."

"Yeah?" Jake asked, unaware of the difference in their ages and levels of education. All he knew was he was deeply intrigued by this beautiful, older woman with the amazing smile. And body. And...everything else.

"Yes," she said happily. "I mean, if you're not tired of spending time with me already."

"No. And...why would I be?" he asked, getting more serious.

"Because I'm...well, because I have a 20-year old daughter while yours is...five?" she said, asking more than saying.

"No. That's not a reason that would make me not want to spend time with you. So...got anything else?" Jake said, trying not to smile

"Well, okay then. You can call or text me whenever you'd like," she let him know even as she wondered what in the world she was doing.

"I'd kind of like to text you a lot, so be careful saying that," Jake told her, halfway between joking and kidding.

"I'll leave that part up to you, Jake," she said very sweetly, as she realized why was doing this. Jake was not only extremely handsome, he was equally charming and had a little girl she already adored. He was too young to be anything serious, but he was a very nice guy, and right now, she really needed a friend.

There was an initial awkward moment of silence before Morgan said, "And thank you so much for inviting me. I really did have a wonderful time."

"Me, too," he told her.

There was another longer, more awkward pause before Jake finally opened her door.

Morgan thanked him, smoothed her skirt again before getting in, then said, "Thanks again, Jake. For everything."

"It was my pleasure, and thank you, Morgan," he told her as he closed the door then waited until she drove off.

Kayla watched the whole thing, and when her brother got back to the truck she said, "Someone's got it bad for a beautiful older woman."

"Huh?" Jake replied, not having heard a word she said.

"Never mind," she told him, wondering if there was really any chance something might come of what would have to be called a May-December romance.

After putting Becca to bed that evening, Jake asked his dad if he had time to talk.

"Gee, I don't know. I've got a hot date lined up—like always—so..."

"Okay, okay," his son said. "I just didn't want to assume."

"Sit down. Talk to me," his dad said.

"Well, speaking of hot dates," Jake began.

"Uh-huh."

"I kinda-sorta had one today."

"Hmmm. Would that have anything to do with an extremely attractive blonde woman I saw at the open house today?"

"She's kinda hard to miss, isn't she?" Jake said, agreeing with his father's assessment.

"You can say that again. She wasn't just beautiful. She had that classy, elegant-but-not-snobbish look, if that makes any sense."

"Oh, it makes a lot of sense. She's quiet, thoughtful, and very down to earth. So 'classy' is a perfect way to describe her."

"I'm still waiting for the big question. Or statement," the elder Wheeler said.

Jake explained how they all ended up at Dairy Queen, the fact that Morgan was a widow, and how Jake had agreed to call her to go out again.

komrad1156
komrad1156
3,795 Followers