Barbarian Legends - Goblinslayer 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Get up! Get up!" Utkut said. "They are not so fearsome. Not at all. Now is the time to be rid of them once and for all and you will help me do it!"

"Get rid of them, mightiest of masters?"

"Yes! Did you see the way they questioned me when I was giving orders to the army? Did you see the way they tried to steal the glory from my brilliant plan? My mind is made up! I will tolerate them no longer. Today they will die!"

"How? Will you blast them with magic?"

"No! Of course not, idiot! My hands must remain clean. We will use the tried and tested method. I will inform my oblivious accomplice of their whereabouts. When the battle comes, my enemies will meet with the barbarian's axe. Then, hopefully, the rest of their force will bring down that interfering brute."

"How will you engineer this, cleverest of conspirators?"

"I have assigned all three to one strike group. Its place of emergence is very dose to where the barbarian dwells. You are also assigned to that group. You will go through first, on pretext of scouting, and you will warn that horrid barbarian of what is about to occur!"

"Consider it done, most supreme of schemers!"

"Take this message and see that it is delivered. Then flee to my presence and I will see that you are... suitably rewarded for your loyalty!"

Tix did not like the emphasis the shaman put on that last phrase at all, but he took the letter and, still bowing, backed from Utkut's presence.

**********

Doctor Pazio could do nothing to prevent his eyes from rolling back and keep him from groaning. His wife, Rosalia, was simply that good. Eventually, he managed to tilt his head forward to look down at the woman he married heartily sucking on the tip of his cock while one hand energetically jerked his shaft and the other fondled his balls.

Their intimate fucking had him already close to the edge, and this heavenly blowjob would make him orgasm within the next ten breaths. Placing her hands on his hips and opening her mouth further, Rosalia pulled his cock deeper between her lips. Pazio felt his tip poking the back of her throat. He moaned with each gag she gave and was surprised by the intensity of his orgasm.

He took hold of her jaw and pulled his cock out but leaving his tip resting on her bottom lip. Rosalia cast her eyes upward, locking with his. She wrapped her hand around his shaft again and with only two pumps had him shooting his load into her mouth. The herbal concoction he had drunk beforehand increased the volume of his cum and made it taste like oranges. When it threatened to spill from Rosalia's mouth, she hungrily gulped a large part down.

With a sudden move, she lifted his cock from her mouth and closed her eyes. The last strings of cum coated her cheeks, nose bridge, and forehead. One sticky rope even glued her left eyelids shut. She casually scooped it from her eye socket and added it to the remainder in her mouth. After a quick guzzle, she swallowed it all down.

"Mmh, tasty," she said.

"I love you," Pazio said and kissed her on the lips.

"I love you more," Rosalia countered and giggled.

Then the doorbell rang.

**********

Girn pressed Pazio's doorbell and to his delight, the viewing slot opened and a servant peered out.

"Oh, it's you, Mister Girn," he said. "Are you alone?"

"Yes, and I would like to speak with your master."

"Best come in then." Girn heard bolts being thrown and the door creaked open. Entering Pazio's home, the servant slammed the door behind him shut.

Girn strode through the corridors of the doctor's mansion. It already felt so long ago he had come here with Mina, though in fact it had only been a couple of weeks. Things had changed so quickly, he pondered, suppressing a flash of sadness at the thought the woman was gone. He shook his head to clear any thoughts of Mina.

The servant showed him into Pazio's study. The doctor greeted him with a smile, and said: "Mister Girn, what can I do for you?"

"I've brought back your book," Girn said, producing the thick bundled work about goblins. "I would have returned it sooner, but I have been very busy."

"So Rebus has told me. It was a truly heroic deed, sinking that barge filled with monsters. The magister speaks highly of you. Who knows what would've happened if the barge had reached the docks."

There was a silence as both contemplated the horrors Yeledor would've endured if the barge wasn't at the bottom of the Yele right now. Girn cleared his throat and broke the silence. "You are a good doctor, Pazio. And you've been a great friend."

"Bah," Pazio said, waving the compliment away. "You're not so bad yourself. Did you find what you wanted in the book?"

Girn set it down on the table. "More than I ever wanted. Those goblins are evil through and through."

"That they are, that they are indeed."

Again a moment of awkwardness. Girn realised he wasn't good at saying goodbye. Luckily, Pazio sensed this and initiated the conclusion of their conversation himself.

"I thank you for dropping by, Mister Girn. It's been a pleasure working with you. Will I see you tonight at the ball in the palace?"

Somehow the question sent a shiver running down Girn's spine.

**********

Tix sensed trouble brewing as soon as he felt the weighty grip of one of Trolk Tul's brutes on his shoulder, swiftly ushering him into the plush interior of the fat goblin's palanquin. He found himself gazing upwards, confronted by the layers of flesh beneath the towering figure of the massive Clan Frak leader. Trolk's immense belly nearly smothered him against the soft cushions of the palanquin, asserting its dominance with each jostle of movement.

"Now where are you going?" Trolk Tul asked. "Where indeed?"

Tix thought fast. He did not like the hungry gleam that had appeared in Tul's eye. He thought of the letter that he bore for the shaman. He thought of the disease that threatened to fill his lungs with pus, unless Leprous Foulbreath continued to intervene on his behalf with the Ever-Hungry. "I was just on my way to see you, most majestic of Fraks."

"Then it is fortunate I have found you. Tell me, what is it that you are carrying?"

Tix told him everything. He had expected Trolk Tul to reach out with one podgy hand and snap his neck but the obese goblin merely laughed a rich booming laugh. "It would appear the shaman has been too clever for his own good. You will deliver your message, but it will be one I shall dictate and Wrench Claw-Arm shall write down."

"As you wish, most potent of all clan leaders."

**********

Girn trudged back towards the Full Tankard. Somehow, the thought of the ball at the palace made him uneasy. He felt the flesh crawl between his shoulder blades, and was suddenly convinced that someone was watching him. He turned his head to look at the mouth of a nearby alley. The whoosh of air alerted him too late. Something hit him on his head. He looked down to see what it was and saw a rolled-up piece of parchment, similar to all the others which had borne a warning concerning the goblins. Bloody shit, Girn thought. He had been convinced it was over. Had his uneasiness been a supernatural augury of another goblin plot?

Girn bent down to pick it up and glanced round at the same time. He heard the sound of scuttling down a nearby alley, and realised that it was most likely whoever had thrown the paper.

Without thinking, Girn scooped up the parchment and raced off in pursuit with long strides. Ahead of him he thought he caught sight of a cowled figure. Was it possible that that were greenish hands protruding from the sleeves of the robe? All too possible, he decided.

The figure had reached the end of the alley and turned hastily down another of the winding maze of streets. Girn raced past open doorways, scattering amazed-looking beggars as he raced onwards. He clutched the scroll tight in one hand and restrained his greataxe flapping on his back with the other.

"Stop, goblin!" he bellowed. His words had no effect on the fleeing greenskin. All the beggars leapt for cover within the nearest door. Girn raced on. Why am I chasing it, he asked himself? As far as he knew, the goblin ahead had done him nothing but favours by warning him of his kin's plans.

Girn grinned as he saw the goblin trip and fall. Perhaps he could catch it after all. He wanted to grab the greenskin and look into its eyes and question it. Not, he thought, that it would likely understand the human tongue. According to Pazio's book, the goblins had their own languages, including a number of specialised dialects used by the various clans. Still, at least this one knew enough common to write its notes, Girn thought, so perhaps it could be interrogated. He gained on the goblin quickly.

**********

Tix glanced back over his shoulder and muttered a curse. It was no use. That foolish barbarian was still following him! Why? What did that brute hope to achieve? Why could it not leave him alone and read the message that Wrench Claw-Arm had inscribed on the parchment? If the barbarian did that, it would surely realise that it had more urgent business this night, like heading to the palace and thwarting shaman Utkut's plan.

Life was unfair, Tix thought unhappily. Here he was, in poor health, beaten by some of the most ferocious goblins who ever lived, about to make an enemy of one of the mightiest sorcerers of his race. His head hurt. His eyes burned with fever. His heart felt like it was going to give out from the strain of this race. His lungs felt like they were on fire. And where was he? Not in some comfortable burrow back in Goblingard, but being pursued through the horribly open streets of this human city by a large and terrifying warrior. It was like some dreadful nightmare. The sheer unfairness of it all galled Tix. What had he ever done to deserve this?

He shot another backward glance and saw that his pursuer was starting to narrow the distance that separated them. Tix prayed that night would come, or that mist would arise. He felt certain that in darkness and shadow, he could lose the human. Or if he could just reach the hidden entrance to the sewers where the bulk of the invasion force waited, he would find safety. He risked another look back and cursed as he felt his feet go out from beneath him. He knew he should have looked where he was going!

Feverishly glancing around, Tix praised the Ever-Hungry. Ahead of him he could see the opening into the sewers. He knew that he merely had to leap down it and he would be safe in the comforting bosom of the goblin army. Down there waited Leprous Foulbreath, Trolk Tul, Wrench Claw-Arm and all their soldiers. But as he gathered his legs beneath him in preparation for the mighty leap that would carry him to safety, he felt a powerful hand clamp onto his shoulder.

**********

Girn felt the goblin stiffen as he grabbed it. He pulled hard, spinning it around, and almost let go as the wicked-looking creature glared up at him with hate-filled eyes. Of all the goblins he had ever encountered this was the most sly and nasty looking. It was smaller and thinner than most but had a wiry strength that made it difficult to hold.

"Tell me what you're doing here!" Girn shouted in its face.

A sudden pain flared in his left wrist as the goblin bit him.

**********

Tix wriggled free from his tormentor's grip and dropped gratefully into the sewer. Breaking the surface, he looked around and saw that the goblin assault force had already gathered. A horde of goblins waited in attendance. He looked around and saw Trolk Tul and the others waiting in the leader's position at the rear. A goblin-ogre looked down at Tix as he pulled himself out of the filth.

"What is it?" the Trolk Tul asked from behind the mass of warriors.

"I am pursued..." Tix gasped without thinking. Before he could expand on his statement the clan leader reacted, keen to grab some glory.

"Right!" Trolk shouted. "Weapons out! Charge!"

**********

Girn inspected his bitten wrist. It did not look too bad, he thought. Then he glanced up as he heard the first of the goblins begin to swarm up the sewer access ladder. Only moments before he had debated whether to pursue the escaping goblin into the sewers. Now he saw that it would have been suicidal. Already the leering face and snapping jaws of a burly, black-armoured goblin-ogre had emerged into the gloom. Girn wasted no time. He launched a hefty kick that sent the furiously bellowing goblin tumbling back down among his fellows, and then turned and ran.

Moments later a mass of furiously roaring goblin warriors emerged into the alley. Somewhat ahead of schedule, the great invasion of Yeledor had begun.

**********

TO BE CONTINUED...