Barbarian Tales Ch. 03

Story Info
Girn's journey further north in search of a magical weapon.
4.8k words
4.66
4k
5

Part 3 of the 11 part series

Updated 03/07/2024
Created 12/21/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

If you would like to provide constructive feedback, or have any questions, please send an e-mail via the contact tab on my profile.

*****

In the most northern reaches of the continent, up on the high mountains, the sheer cold alone would kill most who dared venture here. Others most likely perished from hunger or crushed under avalanches, or hunted and killed by wolves or giant white-furred bears. Those with no luck whatsoever could encounter a frost dragon which stories described as the most painful death of all.

Not for Girn. He ground his teeth and pushed on, unafraid of anything that would cross his path. Boots crunching in the snow and arm held high across his face to protect it from the stabbing snow flakes. It surprised him he even had skin left after this onslaught of cutting snow. His entire body felt raw. Maybe, he thought, a loincloth as only clothing wasn't ideal for this. But Girn kept his eyes ahead, always focused on the direction he was travelling. Getting lost was not an option he considered.

In his line of work, the only adversaries that brought substantial difficulty were spellcaster. Sorcerers, wizards, necromancers, even priests with magical abilities. The whole lot of them with their spells were bloody hard to fight with only his greataxe. He needed an edge against them. And here, in the most northern reaches, the Greataxe of Magic Protection was fabled to be lost. Girn had talked to many a scholar and taught himself what his mediocre intellectual self could learn from books and scrolls. He was on the right path, it had to be.

He kept his heart warm and pumping by thinking of Kaylie and Aryana. One a beautiful and caring woman, the other a playful and naughty Forest Nymph. Two encounters on his journey north that stirred something deep inside him with every memory. The thought of meeting either one of them again heated him to his core.

A red blur moved through the snow ahead. Then it was gone. Girn quickly wrote it off as his mind playing tricks, the endless whirlwind of snow flakes creating deceiving visions. He digged deeper into his memories trying to forget the biting cold around him while trudging on through the white carpet that reached to his knees. In his mind he saw the beautiful smile of Kaylie and he took another step. Then his thoughts jumped to the soft touch of Aryana's green skin. Another step. Back with Kaylie, her ample bosom pressed against his chest. One more step. Beside the campfire with Aryana sliding up and down in his lap. Another step--

His foot did not find any purchase and Girn tumbled head over heels downhill through the snow. Coming to a halt at the bottom, he lay still and checked if any bones were broken before moving. Luckily no fractures and he stood up. Maybe Kaylie and Aryana were more distracting than he thought.

Checking his surroundings he guessed where he had fallen and where he was now. Girn then decided where his next steps should lead him. He lumbered on, more carefully placing his feet with each step. But, there it was again, that red blur moving through the snow, straight ahead. Now visible for longer before disappearing. This couldn't be a mind trick, not for the second time and so clearly. If it was something dangerous, Girn thought, he rather dealt with it now, then it stabbing him in the back later.

Girn ventured onwards where the blur had been. What could be bright red and living in these mountains? Girn couldn't find an answer to his own question. Then it appeared again before vanishing quickly. Girn increased his pace. The red blur peeked through the snowstorm again but was swallowed soon after. He kept following.

Girn started as a large black shape appeared out of nowhere. He grabbed for his greataxe on his back but relaxed as it became clear the shape was not an enemy. He was stood before a gaping cave entrance.

Something unrecognizable echoed from within and the red thing appeared again inside as if beckoning Girn to follow further. He cautiously approached the cave and nonetheless took his greataxe from his back. Entering the cave, he felt an instant increase in comfort, finally guarded from the icy storm. It was dark inside except for some lichen on the cave ceiling in between the icicles giving off a slightly white glow. The cave snaked further and Girn proceeded.

A sudden rumble from within shook some icicles loose and Girn had to jump forward to dodge being impaled on the spot. Girn slid across the frozen floor as the icicles shattered on impact behind him.

In the dim light ahead, the red blur appeared again, only it wasn't a blur anymore. Clearly a figure stepped from behind a rock and disappeared behind another.

"Who are you?" Girn yelled out after the figure. "Why did you lure me to this cavern?" Girn received no answer. He sneaked forward.

After some twists and turns, the cave opened up and Girn found himself in a large underground dome. The floor was covered in soft green moss and the ceiling displayed a fishnet lattice of luminescent lichen. Throughout the chamber, boulders as large as Girn were scattered about, the green moss also claiming most of the boulders' surface. Before he could marvel any longer, something impacted his side and he was thrown to the ground, landing heavily on his shoulder, the moss barely dampening his falling bulk. His greataxe escaped his grasp and clattered away towards the cave wall. Girn climbed quickly to his feet and looked around, prepared to dodge another attack, or launch a barehanded one of his own.

He only saw the underground chamber as he did before.

Grin cautiously walked to his greataxe and picked it up, only then noticing the large amount of bones scattered near the walls of the chamber. The entire dome was encircled by an army of bones. It was not difficult for Girn to conclude he was in a dangerous place. When he turned his attention towards the centre of the cavern, there was someone stood there. The figure floated slightly above the ground, a small chain attached to a bracelet around an ankle, large blue robes flapping gently although there was not the slightest wind inside. Two tight lips were whispering something and two clear blue eyes watched him intently. To top it all off, long fiery-red curly hair tumbled past a pretty face and onto the shoulders. This woman, whoever she was, stopped whispering and threw her arms in front of her. A torrent of ice sped towards Girn.

He reacted barely fast enough to dodge to the side and without thinking charged at this levitating ice witch. He impacted her stomach with his shoulder but instead of both being thrown to the ground, it was as if Girn had charged shoulder-first into a wall.

The ice witch whispered what could only be another spell and Girn fled behind a boulder. Blade-sharp ice fragments the size of his fists flew overhead and crashed against the wall. If one would've hit Girn, it would've cut to his bone. The whole outburst would've ripped him to pieces.

He looked to both sides to memorise his surroundings and forge a plan of action. His gaze caught a granite pillar. On the pillar was rested a greataxe. Girn's jaw dropped. This was surely a joke! He restrained himself from releasing a loud laugh. Following a strange red blur through the snow storm and it ended up guiding him straight where he wanted to be. But of course his precious prize that would protect him against magic was guarded by a witch casting ice spells.

Girn saw only one real chance. He fainted leaving the safety of the boulder, causing the witch to send her spell that way. Then, quickly, Girn charged the other way towards the granite pillar and his Greataxe of Magic Protection. Almost there, he only just dodged another icy bolt of magic. He slung his own greataxe toward the witch as a distraction and grabbed the magical one from the pillar. It felt good in his hands and he tested the weight as another arcane bolt impacted his chest. Girn was pushed back a little but did not experience any further inconveniences. The magical greataxe already did its work protecting its wielder.

Girn slowly straightened and stood face to face with the witch. A whisper died on her lips and she slowly floated downward and rested on her knees on the soft moss. Girn approached but kept his new greataxe raised, ready for anything.

"Please," Girn heard her soft voice whisper. "Don't hurt me, please."

"You beg mercy after your merciless assault?"

"I never mean to hurt anyone, it is only my curse to do so." A single teardrop escaped her eye but instantly froze and fell, disappearing in the green moss.

"Tell me your name, witch." Gern asked without emotion.

"Lyra Frostkiss," she replied softly and looked up.

Her face was unblemished and without any crease. Her skin very pale in contrast to her bright blue eyes and fiery red curls. She looked sincerely remorseful.

"Don't try to fool Girn the Barbarian, witch! Lyra Frostkiss is a legend, one told children to withhold them venturing out during winter," Girn said.

"It is the truth, Girn the Barbarian" the woman pleaded. "I'm at your mercy and your greataxe now protects you from any hexes I might be trying. My name is truly Lyra Frostkiss."

This witch was right about that, no hexes could affect Girn at this moment. "You really mean you are the Ice Princess, Lyra Frostkiss? Based on the stories, your mountain kingdom fell and was covered by ice and snow centuries ago. How are you alive?"

Lyra gestured at the bracelet around her ankle and the short chain fastened to it. "If it wasn't for this magical shackle keeping me alive, I would have perished long ago." She let her head hang down in sadness.

"You mentioned a curse. Explain that to me," Girn said, more intrigued.

"Centuries ago," Lyra began. "My father angered a demon and in its wrath cursed me to bound to this mountain, lure any who dared trespass the mountain into this cave and deliver their deaths. In its madness, the demon also placed the Greataxe of Magic Protection in this cave. Not only because it is a weapon that could nullify my spells and free me, but also to attract more adventurers into my deadly trap. On top of it all, the demon made sure my curse included protecting the Greataxe and not letting anyone touch it. Please spare my life and tell anyone with a mind to venture up this mountain to refrain from doing so."

Girn listened and found there were no arcane powers at play here. Lyra was pouring her heart out, pleading for mercy. Girn had travelled as far north as he did for one the weapon he now held and he knew what was required of him now.

Girn lifted his greataxe and swung down. The blade bounced of the shackle, not even leaving a mark.

"Thank you for trying," Lyra said. "But this chain, like so much in this place, is magical of nature. Not even myself can break the spell. Ever I grow slightly weaker making it more and more impossible to break free."

Lyra's magic was growing weaker, Girn thought and his mind made a connection. What if there was a way to strengthen Lyra's magical essence? Some manner of augmenting her magic, if only momentarily, just enough to break her curse and set her free? Maybe one method he only recently learned from a magical creature himself? He thought of Aryana the Forest Nymph and thanked her in his mind. This must be the solution for Lyra.

"There is something else we could try," Girn suggested.

"At this point, everything has failed, but try if you must," Lyra sighed, looking completely defeated under the weight of her curse.

"On my travels northward," Girn explained. "Through the snowy forests at the base of these mountain ranges, I met a Forest Nymph named Aryana. I consider myself fortunate for experiencing her technique for amplifying her own innate magic."

Lyra's eyes watched Girn intently. "Go on," she ushered.

"The Forest Nymphs keep Winter at bay in their grove by stimulating each other. Eternal Summer reigns there," Girn said, not really sure anymore this was the correct way to go.

"Stimulating how?" Lyra inquisitively asked.

"They... umm," Girn hesitated, not finding the right formulation, then simply stated, "Through pleasure."

"How would they achieve that?" Lyra asked but then her eyes widened and she let out a little gasp. "Ow, by the gods, that is quite unusual." Her very pale cheeks could not hide the faintest pink blush appearing. She turned her face slightly away and brought her hand up to partly cover her face. Girn had clearly discomforted Lyra.

Girn also felt some warmth flush his own cheeks. How could he have told this to someone he only just met. How could he suggest such an act of intimacy to someone trying to kill him but minutes ago? Was this embarrassment he was feeling? Standing closer to Lyra now, Girn saw she was of pure beauty. Her pale complexion and the vast contrast with her fiery hair. The fine facial features as if carved by a master stonemason out of marble. He twisted his grip on his newfound greataxe. This wasn't magic in any sense, it was the attraction of natural beauty in female form. Girn grunted. What did those fancy people at court say in situations like this? "My apologies, fair lady, if I overstepped."

Lyra took her hand away and revealed a mischievous smile, her large lustrous blue eyes inspecting Girn from top to bottom. "No need for apologies," she said. "You are handsome, admittedly, and your muscled body is dearly attractive. No apologies needed indeed. The only 'need' I see is to enhance my magical abilities and dispel my curse." Without further hesitation, Lyra moved herself closer, staying on her knees, only inches away from Girn's loincloth.

Lyra placed her hands on Girn's inner thighs, a chill touch that sent a shiver up Girn's spine, but one that somehow felt good in every way. Lyra slid her hands upward and Girn only then noticed he already stood at full attention. When did that happen? Lyra leaned closer, took the piece of string that bound Girn's loincloth between her perfect teeth and pulled the knot loose. Girn tugged his loincloth away and before he knew it, Lyra's cold tight lips touched the tip of Girn's cock. Another shiver crept through Girn's body. Lyra giggled at his body's reaction to her touch and slowly took his cock's tip in her mouth.

To say it was an amazing feeling was an understatement. While slowly sucking the tip of Girn's cock, Lyra also circled her tongue around the tip. She did this for a while, Girn revelling in the moment. Then, slowly, Lyra pushed herself further, taking more and more cock in her mouth, wet sucking noises amplifying. Inch by inch she worked Girn's cock deeper until it hit the back of her throat. Lyra gagged and pulled back, releasing Girn.

Girn was about to ask if she was allright, but Lyra swallowed hard, spat on Girn's cock and began working it again. With both hands she stroked the saliva-wet base while sucking in the rest. Girn gathered her undulating fiery curls and held them back to prevent them sticking in Lyra's wet work. Unlike before, Lyra took less time bringing Girn's tip to the back of her mouth. She gagged again, but refrained from pulling back. Steadily moving back and forth, Lyra teased the back of her throat with Girn's tip. Saliva and precum was now dripping down her chin and staining her blue dress but she didn't mind, vigorously continuing to suck. She grabbed Girn's hips for more purchase to help her pull Girn inside her mouth. The occasional gag didn't put her off, it even seemed to motivate her more, eventually gagging every time she moved forward on Girn's cock and his tip tickled her throat.

Lyra pushed Girn's cock as deep as she could and then released him. Lyra flicked her hand and suddenly her hair was bound back in a ponytail. She looked up at Girn, blue eyes bright, mouth dripping wet. She shifted on her knees backwards, taking Girn's hand and guiding him with her until she rested her back and head against a boulder. "Please make me choke on your cock," she said, then opened her mouth wide and stuck out her tongue, ready to receive Girn.

There was no asking twice. Girn stepped forward, sliding his cock inside Lyra's mouth, causing her to begin sucking and curling her tongue around his shaft. He reached her throat and she gagged. Making sure Lyra wanted this, Girn looked down. Lyra's lips, although tightly around his cock, slightly curved upwards in a smile. Her eyes were wide in an expression that gave away the joy she was experiencing from it. Girn smirked at Lyra Frostkiss, Ice Princess of legend and found humour in her unexpected horniness after the story about the Forest Nymphs.

Girn bucked his hips, digging his cock deep into Lyra's willing mouth. This went on for some time. Lyra receiving a thorough throat-fucking from Girn, gagging and choking, sucking and swallowing. Not one time she let Girn leave her mouth, keeping a form grip on his hips and even sometimes pulling him deeper then Girn himself had planned.

Then, Lyra tapped Girn's thigh and he pulled away. She was out of breath, a kind of lull about her as if her energy was completely gone. This was supposed to charge her, Girn thought, a sudden fear he had throated her too hard and actually drained and lowered her magical essence. But Lyra gathered herself after a few deep breaths and climbed up. Her blue dress was almost entirely stained dark from slobbering Girn's cock, when spit and precum had leaked down. Lyra still had strings dangling from her chin. Somehow the wetness made her robe more transparent. Lyra enjoyed Girn taking in her body underneath her clothes.

"This doesn't leave much to the imagination, does it?" she said, and like earlier she flicked her hand and the robe evaporated into mist.

As it cleared, Girn could not believe his eyes. As pristine as Lyra's face was, her body was chiselled from the same impeccable marble. Her pale skin sat tight across her fit hourglass body. Her breasts were large and round, not impossibly so but still Girn thought it a challenge for Lyra's slender frame to carry that pair of heavenly breasts around. In their fight earlier, it clearly hadn't bothered her. Lyra took a wide stance, opening her legs and drawing Girn's gaze downwards.

In these icy northern reaches, throughout all the snow-covered mountain peaks, there couldn't be a more exotic place than between Lyra's legs. Her nether region was clear of hair, putting her idyllic flower directly on display. A dribble of enticing nectar escaped her flower and slowly rolled down her inner thigh. Her folds were already opened and covered in wetness. Girn gently stroked his cock at this godly sight.

Lyra squeezed her large breasts and bit her lip, relishing the admiration of Girn. She slowly turned around and playfully smacked her ass. She bend down to a right angle, putting her hands against the boulder for steadiness. Her curvaceous but tight ass was sticking up in all its glory.

"Charge me up, Girn," she said, wiggling her ass and making her cheeks clap together. A better invitation doesn't exist, Girn thought, still stunned by Lyra's beauty.

Lyra didn't wait for Girn and already reached a hand between her legs, fondling her clitoris. This made Girn take action, stepping closer and aligning his cock with Lyra's exotic flower. Unlike her hands and lips, which initially felt chilly, when his tip touched her nether lips, they felt warm and soft. This time it was Lyra that shivered from pleasure and anticipation. Without any effort, Girn penetrated Lyra. She was already so wet and eager that Girn could slide his entire length inside. Lyra's legs began to tremble and with increased speed she rubbed her clit as an orgasm overwhelmed her.

12