Baseball Ch. 06: Louisville Slugger

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literoticaยฎ experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mom hugged me again. "I hope things work out. If it was a simple trade, I'd like to see you closer to home, you know. But not if your heart's broken. I only want the best for you." She wrapped an arm around Morgan. "For both of you."

They watched the Friday night game, but I didn't play. After, they went back to their hotel, and my room buddy Ken asked if I was going out with the other guys. I shrugged and said okay. I hadn't heard from Casey yet today, and had heard nothing about the trade. Why not drink away some of my blues?

I was just starting on my second beer when a girl came over. I wasn't looking at her at first, I had been watching an epic match of darts between Ken and another pitcher, so she was just out of the corner of my eye. Then I heard her voice. "Hi Johnny."

I spit out my beer, earning a round of laughs from my teammates. I looked up at the girl. "Renee?"

There she was, my ex-girlfriend. She looked as good as ever. Brown hair, a bit shorter than I remembered, just barely reaching her shoulders. Those piercing silver-blue eyes. That knowing smirk on her lips. "Don't I get a hug?"

I stood dumbly, still shell-shocked from seeing her here, and she wrapped her arms around me. One of my teammates whistled from behind me. "I hear you're doing well," she told me. "I saw you'd be in town, so I came to watch you tonight, but you didn't play."

"Yeah, I, um, don't play every day. There's two catchers, so we mostly trade off."

"So you'll be playing tomorrow?"

"Yeah, probably. Renee, why are you here?"

She hesitated, then said, "Can we talk outside?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure we settled everything the last time we spoke," I said. It was more diplomatic than saying 'when you dumped me.'

"I realize we didn't end things on a good note," Renee said, "but I wanted to talk to you. Maybe we can get a second chance."

"I don't think so," I said, quickly ending that train of thought. "And you should know I've found someone else."

"Oh. You've got a new girl? She's not here, is she?" Renee started looking around at the girls who'd gathered around my teammates.

"No, she's not. She's home." I purposely omitted that she'd be in town tomorrow.

"What's her name?"

"None of your business. Now I'm leaving," I said, breaking away from her. "You look good, Renee. But we're history. Have a nice night." Then I turned away and walked out.

I called Casey as soon as I was outside. "You'll never believe who just ambushed me," I told her, and related the whole encounter.

"I'm happy you're loyal," she said. "Is she coming to the game tomorrow?"

"I don't know, I didn't ask."

"Am I going to have to rip her eyes out?"

I laughed at the mental image. "Probably not. But you can't go near her."

"Why not?"

"You're supposed to be a secret, remember?" I teased. "It's not so secret if you get arrested for assault."

"Hmph. I guess not," she agreed. "Well, at least I get to see you tomorrow. And you're sure your mom will like me?"

"Absolutely. She can't wait. Morgan talked her ear off today."

--

Saturday night, I got the start. I knew where to look in the stands, and found my mother, Morgan, and Casey all sitting together. It was the first time I had seen Casey at a game and not wearing IronPigs gear. She wore a more normal outfit, trying to blend into the crowd.

My performance was just okay, but then I came up in the eighth inning and faced Drake Walters. This was the pitcher that was potentially going to be traded for me. Thanks to that rumor, and my research with Casey, I knew all about him and what he could do.

The first pitch he threw was a fantastic curve. Completely unhittable, sliding in for a strike. I tipped my cap to him for that one. But his second pitch was a slider that looked much better, and I took him deep. The Louisville crowd booed me as I rounded the bases. We still lost the game, but I felt proud of my third home run of the season.

As soon as I got back to the bench, I felt a chill, like I'd sealed my own fate. By hitting a home run, did I make myself look more attractive for a trade? Or did I make Walters look less attractive by homering off him?

After the game, I had a brief meet up with my private little fan club. As expected, my mother loved Casey, and the feeling was mutual. I recalled that Casey's own mom had passed when she was a teenager. But, seeing them all together, it gave me hope that Casey could one day consider herself part of my family.

--

I had a nightmare that night. I was the catcher of the Louisville Bats, stepping in to hit against Casey, who was in full IronPigs uniform. She was striking me out over and over. I heard a cheer from behind me, and I turned to see Renee in the stands, blowing me kisses. I turned back to Casey just in time to see a fastball coming at my face.

I woke up with a yelp. In the bed next to me, Ken muttered, "What?"

"What? Nothing," I stammered. "I'm fine."

Ken rolled over and went back to sleep. The clock showed 1:30 AM. Just then, my phone dinged from the night stand. I picked it up to see a text from Casey. "If you're still awake, I'm in Room 734."

I rolled out of bed. Again, Ken woke up. "I'm just going for a walk around the lobby," I said, and he groaned and went back to sleep.

All the players' rooms were on the fifth floor, so I ambled over to the elevator and rode up two floors, then down the hall to room 734. I knocked, and Casey opened it, pulled me inside, and shut the door. She was wearing pajamas that were simple but still sexy: a black satin tank top and matching shorts.

"I'm glad you're still up," she said peppering me with kisses. "I need you." When I didn't immediately respond in kind, she stopped. "What's wrong?"

"Yeah, you actually texted right when I woke up from a nightmare." I sat on the bed and told her about it. "This is it, isn't it? I feel like it's coming, and soon."

"I just got off the phone with the GM. I laid out everything I had, short of confessing our relationship," she said. "I think he's going to make his decision soon. Maybe tomorrow."

"So this could be our last night?" I asked somberly.

"No," Casey was adamant. She held my face in her hands and she looked into my eyes. "We'll figure this out."

"Promise?" I asked, and she nodded. "And promise you won't throw fastballs at my head?"

"Only if you cheat on me with Renee," she answered, making me chuckle. "I love you."

"I love you too, so much," I told her. We kissed, deeply. I never, ever, wanted to be apart from this woman. I wanted to be with her, no matter what team I played for, but I just didn't know how that would work.

She broke the kiss, and told me, "I still need you. Right now." She peeled off my shirt, then hers, and kissed me again, pressing her skin against mine, pushing me backwards to lie on the bed. She was somehow able to push her shorts down and off, and my pajama pants to my knees, without breaking the hungry contact of our lips.

Then in a flash, she quickly mounted me, and sank down on my erect rod. "Oh, Johnny," she sighed, "I needed this so bad. I needed you in me." She rode me slowly at first. I brought my hands up and cupped her breasts, gently tweaking her sensitive nubs between my fingers. It made her moan, and speed up her rhythm on me. It was glorious: the sight of her naked body in the dim light, the soft groans we shared, and the feeling of my cock in her tight pussy, and I couldn't imagine anything better.

It was all I could take. "Casey, I'm almost there," I told her.

"Just a little longer," she murmured, her eyes closed and her head back.

I didn't have much longer, but I wanted her to come with me. On of my hands dropped from her breast to rub her clit, and she yipped from the extra stimulation. "God! Yes! Almost... GAH!" she cried out.

"UGH!" I grunted at the same time. I unleashed a torrent of fluid inside her as she convulsed over me.

When she popped off me, letting me slip out of her slit, she grabbed a nearby towel and wiped me clean of our combined juices. "You should get back downstairs," she said, "before anyone notices you're gone."

I nodded, still a little dazed, but I pulled my pajamas back on. "Right. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Of course. And Johnny? Thanks for being my late night booty call," she said with a giggle.

"For you, my princess, any time." I kissed her once more, and headed back to my room.

--

I slept really well the rest of that night. I know, not a shock there. And if Ken suspected anything about me being gone for almost an hour, he didn't say anything.

I had a nice brunch with my mother and Morgan before heading to the stadium for the 1:00 game. I was hanging out in the hallway when Chuck called after me. "Mills! Get dressed! You're starting today!"

I was confused. "Coach, I started yesterday. Isn't it Garcia's turn?"

"Garcia's gone. You're playing," he said, and pointed over my shoulder.

I turned and saw Drake Walters in our locker room, inspecting a brand new IronPigs jersey with his name on it.

I turned back to Chuck. "Garcia's been traded?"

"That is what you wanted, right? You wanted to stay with us."

I did want to stay, but it never occurred to me that I'd lose Garcia as a result. He was a good player and friend, and I saw him as a mentor. But, the upside was that I was no longer in danger of losing Casey. Inside, I did a happy dance. Outside, for Chuck, I just nodded. "Yeah. I'll miss Garcia, but I'm glad I get to stay."

"You're my number one catcher now. My only catcher today. We'll be getting a guy from double A soon as a backup, at least temporarily. You ready for the challenge?" he asked, then laughed, "No more first base or third base duties."

"Yeah. Yes, I'm ready."

"Good. Glad to hear it. Now, get dressed."

I passed Walters on my way to my locker. "Hey, there's the guy that crushed my pitch yesterday," he said with a grin. "Glad that won't happen again."

I laughed. "Yeah, maybe as your catcher I'll help you control that weak-ass shit you call a slider. He laughed too, as did Ken who was nearby. I turned to him, "Don't laugh, Kenny. At least he has a slider." More guys around us cracked up. I figured Walters would fit in with our team's chemistry.

When they announced the lineups at the start of the game, Garcia was the starting catcher for the Bats. I looked over to Casey, again sitting with my family. She nodded enthusiastically, showing me that she was thrilled to keep me on the IronPigs. And, during the game, I took a second to shake Jose Garcia's hand. I hadn't gotten to say goodbye in advance, but I took that moment to thank him and wish him luck, and he wished the same for me.

--

It took me most of the game to piece together what had happened overnight. Casey had staged a coup of Landon's trade proposal. Instead of sending me to the Bats, a rookie minor leaguer, we had sent a catcher with a few more years of experience. The Bats, and the Reds organization, liked that idea, and were willing to throw in a few draft picks for the upgrade. Almost everyone was happy with the outcome.

I say almost everyone, because I'd find out later that Landon wasn't happy. He was sure that his deal, based on his statistics, would bring him some kudos or notoriety. Casey (his ex-girlfriend) usurped it and she got the credit instead. Landon had not counted on Casey and Chuck teaming up and altering the deal, so he was sore about it afterwards.

That game, Garcia and I traded friendly banter every time one of us was up to bat. Drake Walters didn't pitch, but he was a welcome presence in the bullpen. Ken came in to pitch a scoreless ninth inning, winning us the game.

Later, I took my family and Casey to a private dinner, away from the team and press and public. My mother saw how Casey made me happy, and vice versa, and said she was welcome to visit Cincinnati, or Louisville, anytime.

"Hopefully, we can return the offer," said Casey. "I'd love to be able to host you and Morgan for more games in Allentown."

"Would that out your relationship?" Morgan asked Casey. "I mean, if we hung out a bunch, would people figure it out?"

"Possibly," I said sadly.

"Maybe, but I'm starting to care less about that," Casey said, surprising me.

"Do you mean..." I started to ask.

"Yes," she said. "I think I'm ready. When we get back, I'm going to tell my father about us."

12