All Comments on 'Baseball's Later Innings'

by olddave51

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
KinPAKinPA2 months ago

Simply beautiful…thanks for creating this wonderful story.

OllegioOllegio2 months ago

Outstanding. I’m not ashamed to admit getting teary eyed a few times.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Good Story!! It had three of the most important things in life which is hot moms, family and baseball.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I don’t know how you manage to come with great stories time after time. Keep up the good work

TomNJaxTomNJax2 months ago

Awesome story, I repeat what "Ollegio" said...100%!!!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc2 months ago

Perfect - kind of...LOL! If Danny was that good, why did he not play pro-ball? I can think of a bunch of reasons, even one named Barbara, but you never explained that gap. One of your best to date! 4.9*

woodrangewoodrange2 months ago

Another great story. 5 stars

olddave51olddave512 months agoAuthor

I umpired and coached High school and college for 30 years,

Demosthenes384bc: Not many make it to pro or even past college ball. As in the story the other three sons were great players also, but never went past college.

I based Danny on a neighbor kid of mine (Playing skill only, not the story).

He was either the number one or number two pitcher in the state all senior season and went on to University. His freshman record was over 18 wins, College career records for most victories over 45 and most appearances over 100. He was a great pitcher. He was out of Pro baseball within two years. It has been my honor to know him. (The numbers here are approximation to protect his identity.)

Ollegio: I wrote this story very dry eyed BUT when I re-read it or explain it to friends I cannot keep from tearing up myself. In the past Comments have been that I did not put enough emotion into my writing I hope I have succeeded here.

Thank you All for your Comments.

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingabout 2 months ago
Wonderful

Loved this story. Fond memories of playing baseball in my youth on recreation teams with strong support from my dad and next-door neighbor buddy, Dennis, playing on the same team. I still consider baseball as America's favorite sport. This story captures the spirit of joy in playing the game and the joy of watching your son or daughter achieve success in baseball from secondary school to college level. Equally importanrt is the point of view for mentoring and coaching youth in their journey of playing the game with theur heart ane soul in it.

Mega kudos!!

WS

BigCountryGuyOzBigCountryGuyOzabout 2 months ago

Great story. Certainly bought tears to my eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Beautiful!! I'm a 67 male and I teared up constantly... keep going olddave. thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

When an author loves his story, like this one did, we get something really special. I like how realistic it was. It wasn't the story of a world series hero, but the story men who make their communities better.

Read it and I hope your rating shows you loved it like did.

The Hoary Cleric

PS I helped a man like the coach portrayed. It was one of my great experiences in life. We worked with underprivileged kids in the main - track and field.

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 months ago

A lovely second romance

WantingToWriteGoodWantingToWriteGoodabout 2 months ago

Very well written story. Romance and erotica at its best!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userolddave51@olddave51
Non-Drinker, Non-Smoker, Non-drug user At my age I have experienced a lot with love and intimacy. I plan to write about it. With more than two ex-wives and a few Girl Friends. Most of my stories have some truth to them. I tend to use some of the same behaviors, actions in my...