All Comments on 'Battle-Hardened, War Weary Ch. 08B'

by MimiRose

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
MimiRoseMimiRosealmost 11 years agoAuthor
Author's Note. As of 6/15/13

I know that some readers might be curious as to what happened between Katrina and Kali, as well as, with Kali and her grandmother.

In the next upcoming chapters, the incidents will be explained. Also, be prepared to read a lot of flashbacks in the next upcoming chapters.

F.Y.I. I want to apologize for the twelve pages, if there are individuals out there who do not want to read twelve pages. I love to write my stories with details. I don't like short-cuts.

You can imagine how many pages 'Chapter eight' was going to be, if I combined both 'A' and 'B'.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great Story

You are an excellent writer. This is truly one of the best stories on lit. It has so much of everything I look for in a story. Kali and Ryan are not an ordinary pair. They have been through so much pain and disappointment. Please do not let their babies not make it.

I love the long chapters you give us a lot to think about in between updates. I loved the scene with Ryan being cornered by the gang.lol I know he will not hurt Kali again not unless he is stoopid. Cant wait to read the next update. Thank you for not leaving us hanging.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Yah!

Personally I like the longer chapters. I can't wait to see what's in store for Kali and why she doesn't remember anything. Oh and maybe even expanding more on Daniel and Katrina!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Thank you :)

Lookin' forward to reading more about this story. It's really good writing in my opinion. Thanks for sharing your talent. Hope to read more very soon...

MimiRoseMimiRosealmost 11 years agoAuthor
Author's Response... As of 6/25/13

Even though I had stated that I was going to take a break, my muse keeps nagging me to update. I don't write anything yet.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
So

After four months, two chapters and fourteen pages total, we still don't know what really happened to Kali? I can't take the suspense.

TooMuchEnnuiTooMuchEnnuialmost 11 years ago
errrrrmehgawwwdddd!!!

Here you go with these damn plot-twists girl!!! My emotions with this story are running hay-wire!! I don't know what to think. As of now, I'm just gonna go with the flow while reading this, I have no clue of the direction of the story, and oddly I like that, I typically need to know where a story is headed to get into it, but you got all these plot twists and turns, I'm just hanging along for the ride! Update soon! & Lord, Jesus praise your muse!! I have so many questions that have gone unanswered, and I know your gonna answer them somehow! The officers, Ryan's newfound change, poor Kali, Mare and Jack, freakin Katrina, what's going on with Truck!? I really liked Patrick..Does Kali still work? Where'd hunky photographer/construction worker Kyle go? The babies!!! Are we really sure the twins aren't Danny's, speaking of which where is he and Sean??? Poor Tristan!! Suzette! Cossette! Ahh the questions stewing in my head. You done made me ship Kali/Ryan without my consent, reluctantly(lol) & now somethings happened and she's all "Ohh Hell NAH! No I ain't Mrs. Whittler!!! This Mofo done knocked me up and made people think I'm his wife o_O..." Omg.. I can't deal, update soon! What's gonna happen? While I now magically ship Kali/Ryan, I'm still holding out hope for Kali/Danny cause that pulled at my heartstrings and played a beautiful melody...

MimiRoseMimiRosealmost 11 years agoAuthor
@TooMuchEnnui

LMBAO!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

In the upcoming chapters, I will explain what happened with Kali. Actually, in the next chapter (number 9), Kali's injuries will be explained. Plus, her current condition will be explained as well.

In regards to Daniel and Katrina with the Tristan situation, I will explain it (later on in the story). I haven't forgotten about those two people. I just want to focus on Kali and Ryan for a bit. I will resolve the conflicts that are going on between those two later on. Plus, I have plans on creating a Katrina/Daniel story after I am finish with this one. More than likely, it is going to be in the 'Interracial Love' category.

Ooooh, now my fingers are itching and I want to start writing again!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
WTF?

Don't leave us hanging too long! This reads like a Quentin Tarantino movie!

LonnieJoeLonnieJoealmost 11 years ago
Good stuff

This ol hick from Missouri is enjoying your writing. Keep up the good work. P.S. what TooMuchEnnul said.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I liked the story so far but...

I really liked that story, the characters, the writing, the way Ryan and Kali seemed to have turned around, trying to manage, to work and overcome their many issues. I like the fact that that Ryan has still have work to do and that his issues won't disappear just like that. It still feels weird to have Kali surrounded by so much support when at the beginning of the story she appeared to be very lonely, without anyone...

I found the pregnancy storyline to be disappointing because it appears like her life turned around thanks to that, to me it is a weak move in too much story to have the female character being "saved" by motherhood. I also don't like the "Reservoir dog" policemen and the way they "handled" Ryan: their "love" for Kali can't justify torturing and raping Ryan. And although I first liked Katrina, I now could care less about her and boring Daniel...

The marriage bit was way too long with too many explaination stuff: it felt forced. the whole chapter of more than 10 pages was about every details of the wedding!!!! Anyway, I would have been satisfied with an ending now, knowing that those two dear fucked up would be trying and building a life together. Now I feel like I am beeing cheated with that long chapter and the "twist"/cliffhanger like the one 2 chapters ago with Jack/Daniel phone call. It felt like delaying tactics and shock and awe for the sake of it. I mean: now what? Has everything been just a fucking dream? Ala Dallas? Or is she going to go shizophrenic like her mother? Or will she have amnesia and forget about everything and go back to Daniel thanks to "uncle" Jack??? It feels much too soap-operaish: those kids have had enough trouble/problems for 10 lifetimes. It is beginning to be ridiulous to throw to them new problems like that. At some point it is becoming too hard to believe or to care, when characters are having that much problem or obstacles thrown their way...

MimiRoseMimiRoseover 10 years agoAuthor
F-(BLEEP) One Direction!

Author's note as of 8/5/13...

I am sad.

I am irritated.

I am sitrated.

My laptop was sodomized by a nasty virus because my stupid and idiotic sixteen year-old cousin had gone to a sketchy website that claimed to have One Direction pictures.

So, what does that have to do with my stories, you wonder?

All of my updated chapters were on the laptop.

Yeah... My dumb bottom had all of my updated chapters on the laptop and not stored on a zip drive.

Ugh...

I am so sorry, guys.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
That sux!

This is why teenagers should have their own devices and never touch ours. File this under the heading of what does not kill me makes me stronger or some crap like that.

AMHJ89AMHJ89over 10 years ago
sorrow

Truly sad.. reading is my crack and I thought I was finally gonna get a hit lol... oh well I know you worked your butt off for those updates but maybe somehow you'll randomly get them back or will write something even better.. nonetheless stone the teenager that caused this jk but only slightly due to bitterness

MimiRoseMimiRoseover 10 years agoAuthor
Author's Note as of 9/1/13

Bad news, Guys and Gals.

In order for me to explain the news, I had to re-enact the incident for you.

::wakes up in bed. Turns on my new Dell notebook. opens 'Microsoft Word' and opens up 'Battle-Hardened...' file. Goes to the last page. Fingertips touches the keys. Stares at blank screen. Continues to stare at blank screen. Continues to stare at blank screen. Taps fingertip on the laptop console. Hears a noise that comes from outside of bedroom. Goes to investigate. There is noises coming from the living room. Then, notices that the bathroom's door is closed. knocks on door.::

MUSE #1 (slightly muffled because there is a door in between us): WHAT?!!!

Me: I need help with my "Battle-Hardened..." story! I can't think of anything to write!

MUSE #1: I CAN'T HELP YOU RIGHT NOW! LAST NIGHT, I ATE THAT FOUR DAY-OLD CHICKEN MARSALA THAT WAS IN THE FRIDGE! RIGHT NOW, MY ASS IS ON FIRE! GO ASK THE OTHER ONES TO HELP YOU!

Me (while making a grimace): Ewww... Okay, I'll ask them! T-Thanks... ::walks away while grumbling::

::goes into the living room to find the other Muses hanging out. approaches the one that is closest to where I am standing. She is lounging on the loveseat and is texting messages from her cell phone::

Me: Um... (while scratching at the back of my neck) Can you help me with--?

MUSE #2: (while distracted) I'm busy. Come back later, Courtney--

Me: My name is Mimi--

MUSE #2: Whatever (while typing on her cell phone).

Me: Oh.. Okay. ::walks away::

::walks over to my desk, where my desktop computer is located, as well as, MUSE #3::

Me: Hey Mu--

::MUSE #3 flinches and looks at me. Frantically, she closes the program that she was working on, which appears to be a Tumblr page dedicated to Tom Hardy pictures. She stares at me.::

MUSE #3: Mmm?

Me: I was wondering if you could help me with my "Battle-Hardened" story.

MUSE #3: I am not your muse for that story, Mimi. I help you with your "Choosing Your Battles" story.

Me: Oh, okay, so why don't you help me with that one? Maybe it could motivate the other two to help me with the--

MUSE #3: (shakes head) No.

Me: Why not?

MUSE #3: I am doing something important right now.

Me: (smirks and crosses arm underneath my chest) Like what?

MUSE #3: (darts eyes back and forth) Um.. Important stuff?

Me: (left eyebrow lifts) Like?

MUSE #3: I have to finish watching the reruns of "Scandal" later on. I have to check my 'Ok Cupid' profile too. Oooh! (she points up to the sky) I also have to watch 'Thor' on Netflix too!

Me: (scoffs) Never mind! (rolls my eyes) You can go back to ogling your stupid Tom Hardy pictures! ::walks away::

MUSE #3: (mumbles) You're stupid.

Me: YOUR FACE IS STUPID!

:: walks away from desk and sits in the Lay-Z-Boy that is a few feet away. watches the television. A small person approaches me. The person is wearing a wolf costume.::

MUSE #4: Hey, Mimi.

Me: Hey Muse.

MUSE #4: Ever since no one wants to help you with your stories. Why don't we work on the werewolf story that's been sitting in your head for the past year?

Me: (mulls it over) Yeah... (nods head) Yeah, we should.

So, there you have it.

Right now, I am busy with another story, which won't be in this category.

MimiRoseMimiRoseover 10 years agoAuthor
Author's Note as of 12/02/13

As of right now, I am in the process of writing another chapter of "Battle-Hardened, War Weary".

Now, here's the thing: Most of the readers have been bitc-- I mean-- stating that you want me to get an editor. So, I have one.

Once I am finish writing this chapter, I am going to give my editor a copy of the update.

Which means that you're going to have to wait for it. I don't know how long the process is going to take. But, you're going to have to wait.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Hurry!

Love this story , please hurry. I have fallen in love with Ryan and kali. I love how you let their love grow and how both were able to get over the hurt in their young lives.

black_maestrablack_maestraover 10 years ago
too funny

I love your rendition of writer's block... so true.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Fuck 'em

@ author's note - if we could write we would, enjoy the development of your characters. Love the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
lets pray

Can we all pray and hope that the last part of her waking was jut as dream.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
HI!

I only just started reading your series and I was hooked from the first chapter, Your prose is very near flawless and your stories are multifaceted and have so much substance. I really do hope we get Chapter 9 sometime before 2014 because I see the last time you updated this was a year ago. Also, I hope youve gotten an editor, and that you can get this published, but it would be awesome if you gave your fans on lit a few days with the chapter posted before taking it down for publishing. that would be amazing. I hope you feel better soon, and I look forward to the closure of this series.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Oh man! where are you? you seriously need to come back and finish writing. I do hope that last part was true. After the way Dylan's chapter ended I was expecting the worst, this restored my faith. She is alive!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
So Confused

Just started reading this series and it's amazingly well written but I have two questions I really really wish someone could answer:

1) Why did Ryan where female undergarments?? And in the beginning it stated he liked to get pegged or straponed I'm not sure, so I'm a bit confused

2) Why did Ryan, Carlos and Daniel rape Kali?? Was there a reason that I just missed or has it not been addressed ?

Thank you to anyone who answers!!!

summerpointsummerpointabout 8 years ago
so many questions

this is a very intriguing story. i have so many questions about each character and story-line and i hope you continue to write so they can be answered.

4F_Woman4F_Womanabout 8 years ago
Good Story Needs finishing

I hope all is well with you. I noticed you haven't posted anything in a couple of years. You left us with a cliffhanger. I am desperately hoping you can come back to it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5 Stars

Please Please finish

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
One of the best non-con stories still needs at least one sequel

It's been such a long time since the last part was put up on Lit, but many fans still come back to the story and wish for it to continue. Hope everything's all right and if there's a way to read the rest, please tell us!

KatM14KatM14about 5 years ago
I’ve made a grave mistake

I should NOT have fallen for this story as hard as I did lol. I didn’t notice it hasn’t been updated in 6 years 😩 that being said please, GOD someone find this amazing author and tell her we need her back!!!!!

BloodlustReaderBloodlustReaderalmost 3 years ago

I hate when I get invested in a story and it just ends like this.

NONCONLuvNONCONLuvover 2 years ago

Ms. Mimi,

I am aware that as your readers we don't have the right to ask much of you, your craft is your own to handle as you see fit. I do, however, have to be contradictory and ask, no, BEG for your return. Please consider returning to Lit to finish BHWW. I am invested in this story and lives of the characters because you've made them so interesting and relatable.

Well, I'm heading back to read skin-to-skin, as I am now a new fan.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous