All Comments on 'Battle of the Banns'

by MarshAlien

Sort by:
  • 74 Comments
EnglishsailorEnglishsailorover 16 years ago

Really good, liked the build-up and a great character in Val.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I really love your work Marsh.

This one is a good indication of why. Well written, funny, interesting, and well worth the time it takes to read. You get two thumbs way up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
laughing fit to bust

world wide spiderweb..yes there really are people that dumb out there...just another example of a well written story..please write more

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Great

Hi dude that was great .

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Very funny

50 bonus points for the "Omar Bridely" joke

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Good fun;thank you

Makes a nice chance from all the cold-blooded, non-erotic BDSM cluttering up the pages. Kendra reminds me of my sister-in-law[shudder],though much more attractive!

DRSPEAKDRSPEAKover 16 years ago
Outstanding

You tell this tale so well that it must be true(?) Character development for a short story is outstanding, you give them a recognizable identity is just a few sentences. Great Job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Absolutely fantastic!

Romantic and sexy, it even made me laugh out loud several times. Most group-sex-amongst-the-wedding-party scenes are pretty cheesy or creepy, but yours was fun, and still works with the two couples being in love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Another MarshAlien classic

Great story, as always.

smidgeonsmidgeonover 16 years ago
Tears of pleasure

I haven't laughed as hard as I laughed through this story in a long time. I loved all of it - the dry humor, the practical jokes, the twists and turns of the story itself. You're brilliant and you did a fabulous job with this story - and I can't wait to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
great

this story is among the best i've read

its funny

yet sexy

great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Impressively Impressive @ Minimum

Your comfort comes through warmly and humorously.<P>

A strong effort Story Teller which & who is very much appreciated - Next.<P>

With Very High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
great stuff

Humor, sex and a plot! All in one package. Erotica doesn't get better than this. Please do more, soon.

eightballbumeightballbumover 16 years ago
Loved it

Excellant. 8BB

scriptordelectoscriptordelectoover 16 years ago
Not that I'm

at all surprised, I found this story delightful, witty, fun, sexy and engaging. Extremely well done, Marsh. :)

Script

MichaelphyteMichaelphyteover 16 years ago

Great, as usual ! I love your stories and check for new ones before searching any others on Literotica.

tickledkittytickledkittyover 16 years ago
Deliciously Wicked and Fun

Yep, you definitely get a THUMBS UP from me too, Marsh. Love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Thank you for a great story.

I loved the story very much. Keep writing them. You have talent.

gsr1970gsr1970over 16 years ago
good story

This story is very good it’s romantic, funny, and well written. However, I was really disappointed that Val turned out to be such a shallow slut. The way she maneuvered Matt into the group scene and the way she pull off him to go after Dave really left me scratching my head. Maybe I missed something but this disturbed me it seemed so out of character. Matt is in for a world of disappointment if he moves in with this whore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Great

A great change of pace from most stories - anyplace. Funny with regular plot turns not expected, but logical. Enjoyed the read. I give it a 5+.

scylla23scylla23over 16 years ago
Outstanding!

A great story, very well told. Loved the characters, the humor, the viewpoint, the whole shebang! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Welcome back ...

So glad to see you back to writing again.

While your last few stories felt like you were pushing to hard, this one had the perfect mix of comedy, eroticism, depth of characters, etc that you had before.

Great work !!

Mark_IlaanMark_Ilaanover 16 years ago
Great story

Damn, I'm glad I'm a confirmed bachelor. God help the fool that gets you as a best man.

philosopherwarriorphilosopherwarriorover 16 years ago
friggin' hilarious

Loved it man, great story.

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 16 years ago
Funny and almost mean

One of the best wedding practical jokes I've ever seen, I think I should arrange something like this for my youngest daughter when the time comes!

CrazyCatGuyCrazyCatGuyover 16 years ago
Helarity

Excellent story, so funny, so sexy.

Being from boston, the familiar references really warmed me, especially since i can not be home right now.

Thank you for this wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
A lot of fun

Thank you for another funny, well written, and wittily characterized story. I could've done without the group scene at the end, but that's just me. Your stories are SO much better than the run of the mill here, it feels ridiculous to rate them on the same scale! Keep up the good work.

araidayaraidayalmost 16 years ago
Liked it, but with one objection

Your characters are extremely likeable; I instantly fell for Matt and Val. I enjoy a story told from the male POV - it's nice to know what goes on in there. And I appreciated how descriptive you were, especially about the wedding arrangements. (Now I remember why I eloped - ugh) The thing I didn't like was the group scene at the end. While it was a hot scene, it was so wildly unexpected that it jettisoned me right out of the story. Even Matt's charming toast at the end couldn't bring me back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great story

Great story, excellent characterization, plot, humor, style, spelling/punctuation/grammar, etc. As other have said, though, the group sex scene was jarring and unapealling; it seemed to be a major departure from what we had come to believe the characters (Val in particular) were like, and made them less sympathetic.

notbatmannotbatmanover 15 years ago
hahaha

Okay, this was awesome. Cracked me up. Somehow I always end up reading your stories for entertainment value rather than for the sex. Hope you're planning more in the future.

Razi99Razi99over 14 years ago
Completely disagree with anonymous comment

I didn't find the group scene out of character for Val in any way. Her character completely captures a good friend of mine, and I wasn't surprised at all. Just because a woman may not find herself the most attractive woman in the room, doesn't mean she doesn't have the gumption to take a risk or grab what she wants, sexually or otherwise. You can recognize your level of "classical" beauty for what it is or isn't, and still have solid self worth and enjoy your own sexuality. And I loved the way Matt phrased his comments about Anna (and by implication Val) not being the most beautiful, but somehow being more attractive. So I'm left wondering... what in the story would lead you to think the group scene was out of character for Val?

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Wonderful

One of the few stories that really caught (and held) my interest. There is so much more to erotica than just sex, and your mixture of dry wit, humour and a strong plot really hit the target. A tale well-told.

infiniteoceaninfiniteoceanover 14 years ago
Hilarious

Excellent story and very funny. My favourite part: when the bride, groom and Val look to Matt to see if he had any objection to the marriage. "No, I'm cool." Genius!

countrygirl117countrygirl117about 14 years ago
i loved it

i thought it was great. i laughed the whole way thur. thanks for a great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Sense Of Humor!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed the sense of humor with the elaborate set up about the banns. I almost went bann-anas! Thanks for the story!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Brilliant!

I haven't laughed so hard all week.

Thanks!

aragonitearagoniteover 12 years ago
Fantastic!

Lots of fun.

CajunBillCajunBillalmost 12 years ago
Movie memories

Reminds me about "The Quiet Man", a favorite of mine. CajunBill

Stakhanov01Stakhanov01almost 12 years ago
funny - and very erotic

Excellent story - very funny and imaginative - but building to a terrific and unexpected erotic climax.

plan4itplan4itover 11 years ago
Thank you!

This is absolutely hilarious. I was laughing out loud on almost every page. I normally have trouble finding my humor, but this hit the spot. Maybe because I'm planning my own wedding?

Thank you very much for sharing this great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Another winner from MarshAlien

I do hope you are still writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Delightful

What a wonderful read. Warm and adventurous with many LOL moments. Please come back with more.

smc331smc331over 10 years ago
Hot and chuckle-worthy...

...a great combo!

xtremeddxtremeddover 9 years ago
What SMC331 said......

Laugh cry and Happy Happy Happy.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

RemmyqqriRemmyqqriover 9 years ago
Outstanding!

Humorous, romantic, errors in the wedding,just as there would be in life!

Great writing!

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
PRACTICAL JOKES CAN DO SO MUCH

to be are you still mine, and playbacks are available. TK U MLJ LV NV

Lobosolo51Lobosolo51almost 9 years ago

Love it - you write some good stories. Keep it up.

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013almost 9 years ago
A Great Story.

Very funny - a nice light touch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Truly evil people

And funnier than hell. Well played.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Awesome!

Great job! I really enjoyed it. Very funny topic. I look forward to reading the rest of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Oscar potential here!

As I read this story, I could visualize it in 'letter box' format on TCM with Carey Grant and Katherine Hepburn staring and the screen play taking this year's Oscar. What a great romantic comedy!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
OMG! T👀

A truly awesome story. I think I attended that wedding!!

Please stop. Your stories are killing me. It seems each one I read is funnier than than last, sexy, and might I say "just the right amount of tongue-in-cheek"! 😳

I applaud the Master ... Writer!

- pal

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Hilarious!!!

Funniest I've read for a long time.

oldtwitoldtwitover 7 years ago
Thats the Best on here

That must be the best story on here that I have read so far ( and I have read a lot ) so so good well thought out and so subtle so believable ( up to a point ), great read well written and presented .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Simple hilarious

Nice ending...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story and fun BTB

But if Amy has a degree from the Wharton School, I doubt she’d have to resort to working in a factory regardless of her slutty behaviour.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
still rolling over!!

Funniest and surely most romantic story in Erotic Couplings ever!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

loved it

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Garbage

Pure garbage

ealexerealexerover 3 years ago
A fanciful flight.

It is, after all, a fairy tale of the highest order.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Absolutely hilarious!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It's "bans" not "banns".

ausvirgoausvirgoover 2 years ago

Loved it.

I think that Val might be pushing her luck on the marriage banns with Lucy, although it's a nice finishing touch.

A great story, with a good balance of elements, including humor.

And from a quick web search, Anonymous 3 months ago is just dead wrong when they say: It's "bans" not "banns". Either that or they missed the fact that the practical joke hinged on the wordplay of equating "banns" with "bans".

lookbob66lookbob66over 2 years ago

Good writing and editing. Nice twists. Overall, very good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well, that was fun, mostly. I did not care for the switcheroo thing. It was absolutely unnecessary for the flow or advancement of the story. But all of a sudden we got a glimpse of some previously hidden character traits, terminating my built up sympathy for our heroes at once. By letting perform Val and Matt in front of the masturbating bride and groom you took it far enough, anybody in favour of sharing/swinging could have imagined for things like this to happen in the future. But actually describing how it ended with oral sex between maid of honour and groom and best man and bride ruined it for the more monogamous inclined, like me.

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

Sick, sick, sick mind. And I loved it!!!! Entertaining. reminds me of some of the crap my buddies and I pulled on each other over the years.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved it.

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

Just want say a big thank you to whoever trained that spider to spin so much optic fibre, damn fine job Sir (or Ma’am). 😉

5/5 for making me smile and for being completely irreverent, regards, Ppfzz.

Polly_DollyPolly_Dollyabout 1 year ago

Love the twists and turns, especially culminating in the proto-climax. Completely delightful!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Loved it. Funny, a bit irreverent, romantic and naughty at the end. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Part two when?

StevenJayStevenJay3 months ago

A really enjoyable fun read

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous