Beach Body Ch. 09

Story Info
The Barret's Barbecue.
6.2k words
4.71
9.3k
18
0

Part 9 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 12/02/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Deadedge
Deadedge
57 Followers

She put on the parking break but Nora's father was already walking down the driveway. He got in next to her, settled the big sealed salad bowl in his lap and shut the door.

"Hi hun," he said politely, buckling up.

"Hey... I thought we could hang out here a bit," she started, looked over to her father's house then back to the man. "But I guess you're all ready to go."

"Yeah let's not be late," he nodded, then he pointed down the street. "Take a left instead, they've got North Street blocked off for construction." Nora glanced at her GPS and followed her dad's direction anyway since he did generally have some very specific routes mapped in his own head. She would almost have fun comparing her GPS's instructions against her dad's, if Adrian wasn't so concertedly staring straight ahead for the entire trip. It bothered Nora that he hadn't really looked at her...

A few blocks before they would reach Barret's neighbourhood she couldn't take it any longer. They stopped at a red light.

"Is something wrong?" she asked, hands gripping the wheel. She noticed him turn his head in her periphery but Nora was suddenly wanting to focus on the road. He didn't say anything for too long.

"No," he said, then course corrected. "What do you mean?"

She thought about that night. She thought about that dinner. The actual dinner that he had cooked her. She had made him take his shirt off so she could try to sew the buttons back on (she couldn't) then he was forced to cook dinner shirtless but still wearing an apron. Nora found it so incredibly sexy she was barely able to keep her hands off of him as he chopped veggies and mixed sauces. They ate a wonderful dinner, talked and laughed. She idly stroked his cockunder the table and he fingered her to a fork biting orgasm. Then she washed the dishes, he put on his ripped shirt, kissed her on the head and they agreed she would pick him up on Saturday for the barbecue. They hadn't talk about anything else, of course. Maybe they should now.

"Nevermind," she decided, the light turning green so she moved on.


"Little Nora!"

Nora was wrapped into a tight squeeze she had to awkwardly endure, but secretly enjoy. She'd had a lot of secret enjoyment lately. Debbie Barret, or Aunt Debs as she liked Nora to call her, had always been one of her favourite family friends. The Barrets had watched her grow up essentially, but she had barely seen them since going to college.

"Good to see you Aunt Debs," she smiled, enjoying her warm little body. Debbie was a truly petite woman, a head shorter than Nora. She was busty though, and even through the older woman's dress and apron the pleasant softness of her body was a comfort. She was almost a bit jealous when Debs gave her dad a hug too, though she wasn't sure who she was jealous of.

There were just a few neighbours and work friends in the Barrets' backyard, and Nora knew none of them (or barely remembered them) but didn't much care. Everyone was pretty much a generation older than her but Debs was obviously keen to spend as much time with Nora as possible. They had a nice catch up sitting at the big wooden table on the patio by their koi pond. Work had been going well. Nora had been promoted since the last time she spoke with Debs which really only illustrated how long it had been since they'd been together. Debbie was a vet and it sounded like business was good, which was depressing in a way but she was a good vet so people's pets doing well was the important part. Adrian and Barret were nearby, idly chatting in front of the smoky grill, beers in hand. It was a nice warm evening.

"I'm so glad things are going so well," Debs told her, so genuine it had Nora welling up a little. She didn't usually get emotional like this, but there had been a stone in her stomach all morning. She watched her dad laugh at something Barret said. Debbie must have caught the frown and took Nora's hand. "Everything good with your dad?" she asked.

"What?" Nora stole her hand back then saw the surprise on the woman's face. She softened her own and smiled. "Sorry for my look. Work's just been a little crazy but I'm glad for the break. Thanks for inviting me," she said. "And Dad's good. We've been training together actually." Things had been good, at least until today. Debbie took the note at face value and nodded.

"That's wonderful," she added. "Simon always said he was the best trainer around. And you look great." The aforementioned men approached the table then, Simon holding a platter of variously grilled meats. Nora had almost forgotten Barret had a first name as the man took a seat across from his wife.

"The burnt bits were me this time," he admitted. "These ones are when Adrian took over." The tongs were gestured to the perfectly grilled chops and sausages on one side of the platter.

"A man of many talents," Debbie agreed sagely. The talented man only shrugged, humble in response. "Nora told me you two have been spending some quality father daughter time together."

Adrian stiffened, almost dropping his beer.

"What?" he said, eyes flitting to Nora. The panic in his reaction even had Nora sweating in that moment.

"Your training, I think it's sweet," Debbie clarified, forking a sausage onto her plate.

"Oh yeah. Yeah," he said, relaxing. Nora was getting a lump in her throat now and didn't understand why. Obviously the Barrets, or anyone, couldn't know about what she had done with her father. Yet her logical mind couldn't reconcile with her father's reaction just now. It was so confusing, but she couldn't put all the blame on her dad. She had been just as guilty in avoiding having a proper conversation with him about the whole situation.

"Wine?" Debs asked suddenly, standing. She looked around at the faces at the table.

"I'm good," Barret said, raising his bottle of beer, prompting Adrian to do the same.

"I'm driving," Nora added.

"Well I could use a good red. Honey help me pick out a perfect bottle," she insisted, tugging her husband's arm. The stocky man was a little confused but got up anyway to help his wife.

"You don't need to eat the burnt ones," he told them apologetically as he was pulled away from the patio to leave father and daughter alone.

They ate quietly for a few minutes. The silence dragged on in the midst of the low hum of conversation of the other bodies in the backyard. Adrian was very focused on his food, never taking his eyes off the plate.

"Dad, can you pass me the potato salad?"

He threw a timid glance at Nora and pushed the bowl over before returning attention to his immensely interesting porkchop. His daughter slapped a heavy dollop of salad onto her own plate and stabbed her fork into it. Why was he not looking at her? "Ketchup please."

He handed her the bottle blindly and she snatched it from his grip. That seemed to register but the man kept focus on his plate. Nora was glaring. _Look at me! _She wanted to yell, but then the Barrets returned with a glass of red wine and a bottle of an orange soda for Nora. They wafted through the tenseness and reseated themselves.

"I remembered you used to love this," Debbie said, placing the bottle in front of her. "Or if you want something else we should have it in the fridge. Lots of flavors."

"I'll get some water," Nora said abruptly and got up. She marched away without looking back at any of them and Adrian was finally pulled from his dining deliberation. He watched his daughter all but stomping across the yard back to the house, her faded mauve sundress flowing around her knees. When she disappeared into the door he felt the hot glare from Debs and met her gaze. She motioned to the house with her head as her husband obliviously decorated his plate with too much ketchup.

Adrian's intuition to give Nora some space in that moment was overridden by Debbie's significant look so he excused himself and trudged over to the house.

Nora was surprised to see her father enter the Barrets' kitchen but crossed her arms and returned to glumly facing their open fridge. The man hovered by the counter for a bit. Feeling like she should keep up her act Nora randomly grabbed another bottle of orange soda from the shelf and shut the fridge door.

"Nora?" he said, and finally she turned to him. The man looked to be struggling with what to say until he finally asked her. "Are you okay?"

Nora frowned.

"Am I okay? I'm not the one acting weird, dad," she said, forcing calm into her voice realising how warm in the neck she felt. She was glad the house was empty with everyone else outside for the barbeque. The door to the patio also would make a distinctive click if anyone opened it.

"I haven't been acting weird have I?" he wondered, brow furrowing.

"You've barely talked to me today," she accused him defensively. "You've barely looked at me!" Adrian's eyes widened and he self-consciously looked away. Realising his mistake he looked to her again but that pained expression flickered across his features again. Nora bit her lip, voice quavering. "Dad... did I do something wrong?"

Adrian didn't realise he was clenching his fists.

"What? No of course not," he said quickly. "Nora why... Nora no," he stepped closer to her, his heart aching seeing his daughter's eyes water. "I'm sorry. I just... I think this was a bad idea."

"What?" Nora gasped.

"I mean ... it was a mistake. I shouldn't have let you come today," he went on, looking to the floor. She was squeezing the glass bottle now, horrified. A mistake? He was telling her this now? Here? Was it over then? She wanted to beg him to stop talking but couldn't find her voice. "You being here now... it's really hard." Nora wondered why she hadn't started to cry yet, then his gaze found hers again. She thought she saw hurt in his eyes and her guilt rose. How could she have done this to him? "Nora... it's just... I want you so much."

Everything stopped. The room seemed to dim as she looked up at her father. "Every time I look at you I just...I can't stop myself. I don't remember half of what Barret was saying to me out there I just wanted to look at you. You're so beautiful. When I see you I imagine taking you in my arms. I want to throw you onto a table. I want to tear that dress off of you and... taste you. I wish we could just ditch this barbecue now so I can-"

There was a click and then a low rumbling as the patio door was slid open. Adrian took a conscious step back as Debbie entered her kitchen. She was quiet a moment, assessing the situation. She saw how pink in the face Nora was and frowned at Adrian.

"Nora," she called out, the girl snapping to attention. "I want to show you something, come on." Nora glanced to her father, who somehow still looked cool and collected after that astonishing confession. She tried not to stagger away. Debbie took her arm and led her towards the living room. Nora looked over her shoulder. She caught her breath and winked at him. He smiled back. "I'm sure your dad said something silly without meaning to," Debs assured the girl. Nora knew he meant every word from the intense, consuming gaze of the man. She realised she was dripping wet and was glad she had at least decided to wear panties today. "But I'm sure this will cheer you up."

Nora wasn't sure if she had ever been happier in her entire life up until now but was fine to let Debs try to top it. They stopped by a window where there was an odd blue tub on the floor with a blanket inside. She gasped when she saw what was under the blanket. Today was the best day ever.

"Kittens!"

****

Adrian had wandered back to the patio after strategically readjusting his undergarments in the kitchen. At least with Nora out of sight at the moment he could focus a little better. Barret was determinedly sawing through his overcooked steak.

"Nora okay?" the man asked, not looking up from his gritty work. For a moment Adrian felt hunted but calmed upon realising that Barret was just a good friend. He was glad his daughter had so many people that cared for her.

"Yeah," he nodded. "Debs went to show her something."

Barret only nodded in response as well and seemed satisfied.

"She's a good kid," he added. "Hanging out with us oldies."

"She's a good girl," Adrian agreed.

When the women returned Nora was smiling so widely Adrian's heart nearly stopped. He wanted to clear the table off with his arm and lay her down. Then he saw the fuzzy little creatures she was cradling and couldn't help the involuntary utterance. "Aww."

"More strays," Barret explained as they sat down with the kittens.

"Just the mother," Debs corrected. "We found her under the stoop. And it's been a while since we've had a little litter like this. Did you want to take one home?"

Nora shook her head smiling.

"No thank you. I'm fine just playing with them for a bit," she said, tickling one of the tiny gray kittens behind the ear and delighting at how it squirmed and pawed back her playfully. There were three of them, and now that the kittens were outside seemed to become more of a handful and she let Deb take one back. Another woman at the barbecue, probably a few years older than Nora, wandered over and made cooing noises.

"Oh my god they're so adorable," she said, and Nora glady handed her one. The woman had brightly coloured hair at some point, pink at the tips as she was letting the blonde grow back out. She was very toned and Nora guessed she was someone who worked at the gym. With the last mewling fuzzball in her hands Nora returned her affections to it and its intense cuteness.

"Don't forget to eat," her dad cut in, that stern dinner table talk very reminiscent and making Nora warm. She didn't want to let go of the tiny cat and smiled to her father. They were seated together at one corner of the table, their knees now touching.

"Can you feed me some sausage, dad?" she asked innocently. The look on Adrian's face was worth everything, and while nobody else at the table even raised an eyebrow her heart began to race. "My hands are full." His eyes darted around the table but everyone was too preoccupied with their adorable kittens. Even Barret couldn't resist the joyous little thing his wife was carrying.

When his eyes fell back on Nora the look she was giving Adrian made his ears hot. He noticed Nora didn't have a fork any more for some reason so had to use his own. He picked up a perfectly grilled sausage from her plate and lifted it to her lips. Nora's tongue caught the tip and Adrian tried not to shake. Somehow she pulled it into her mouth like that, lips wrapping around the case and she sucked in a good three inches before delicately biting down. "Mmmm..." she hummed, smiling at the stunned face of her father. He recovered quickly, reassessing everyone else's reactions but again nobody was paying attention. "Yummy," Nora went on. "So juicy." She had the slightest bit of drool dripping down her chin and she didn't wipe it. She knew her father's eyes were on her, watching it drip onto her neck and chest.

Adrian dropped the fork and picked up his beer, cooling himself with a big gulp. "Dad, look how cute she is," she said then, nudging her father's knee with hers. Adrian looked down at the kitten at first, but quickly saw past it realised that Nora had rolled her sundress up just enough to expose her panties. Only he could see anything from his side of the table, and he spotted where white material was damp against her crotch and getting damper. "I think she likes you. Look how excited she is, Dad," Nora went on, raising the kitten up a little which was only to make sure his view was unobstructed. It pawed at the air. "I think my kitty wants you to play with it."

Adrians eyes found Nora's smirk. She was such a bad girl. "Take it," she told him, begged him. "Take my kitty." A beat, then she handed him the gray kitten, deftly crossed her legs and pulled her hem back down. He sat there staring at her as she summarily ignored him and drank her soda. He set the little warm and fuzzy handful onto the table in front of him, cupped in his hands. It was pretty dang adorable, but he glanced up to his daughter.

"Good kitty," he said.

****

The night wore on a little, Debbie downing a few more glasses of wine and by about 10pm only the Barrets and the Seaburys were left on the patio. The kitties had been put away (even Nora's) and it seemed time to go. Simon's sloshing wife was helped to her feet as she ushered the father and daughter to the door.

Nora gave Barret a hug, then had to stand her ground as Debs nearly tackled her. She didn't mind the alcohol on her breath as the little woman pecked her cheek wetly.

"Thanks for having us," Nora said, steadying her by the shoulders. "It was good seeing you."

"You too, love," Debbie sighed, taking Nora's face into her hands now. She was stared at with watery eyes but was caught by Deb's sad smile. "You look so much like your mother," the woman said quietly, but the night had grown even quieter. "Doesn't she, Adrian? She's the spitting image of Anne." Nora sensed her father stiffen behind her. Barret gently pulled down his wife's hands and she drooped into his side and sighed, eyes closing. He gave Nora an apologetic nod.

"She had a bit too much," he added.

"I'm drunk," Debs confirmed brightly, drifting backwards into her house a little but still hanging onto her husband, the self awareness not for anyone's benefit.

"It was good to see you guys. Have a good night," he said.

"Good night Barr, Debs," said Adrian. He put a hand on Nora's shoulder who only nodded quietly and they turned away as Barret shut the door.

Adrian tried to think of something to say as his daughter started up the car. Before he could come up with anything he watched her reach over and turn up the music. He let Nora follow her own GPS directions this time.

****

They pulled into the driveway but Adrian didn't want to get out of the car.

"We're here," Nora said then, her hands still on the wheel.

"Did you want to come in?" he asked. It was getting late and this used to be her house too. Still was if she wanted it. At least for the night. She continued staring straight ahead. She used to live here. Her mother used to live here too. Since she didn't say anything Adrian tried again. "I think you left some tools here last time," he said. That wasn't much of an excuse... he could just go in and get them for her really.

"Can I use the bathroom?" she asked then, finally turning to him. She did drink too much orange soda. He nodded, relieved though apprehensive too.

The smell of the house wasn't as comforting any more and Nora was starting to regret stepping foot inside the door. Her father remained sweet though, patting her on the shoulder and offering to go fetch her tool kit while she went upstairs.

The bathroom was familiar. It was a modern design when she was a child that still held up fashionably today. It was more cramped than her apartment bathroom but the pale tiles made it seem warm with the yellow crescent shaped light fitting above. She emptied her bladder with relief and cleaned up, deciding to not wear her panties any more. Her cooled arousal had made them uncomfortable and she stuffed them into a small bag in her purse, prepared as she was for most things. She patted her dress down, sure a sudden wind wouldn't sweep through the house.

As she stepped into the hall she paused. She did miss it... being in a house like this, the soft carpet under her feet a little worn where it had been oft trodden. She followed the slight indentation down the hall and saw her old bedroom door was still open. When she looked inside there was a wave of nostalgia that pulled her through the threshold. It was familiar but a little emptier than she remembered. There were no longer any posters on the wall, since she had taken them all down before going to college. Her bed was still made though, the sheets clean and crisp, ready for any guest that might stay over. She had left a few things behind.There was a tall wardrobe in one corner, a sparsely decorated bookshelf beside it where her single sporting trophy (for swimming) sat. The desk was conspicuously clear save for a couple of framed photos.

Deadedge
Deadedge
57 Followers
12