Beach Daze Ch. 01

Story Info
A buried in sand beach tickling tale. MM/FF
13k words
4.36
7.4k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It had been a blisteringly hot Summer thus far. The month of August had grown warmer as the days rolled on, but the balmy weather would soon come to an abrupt end, as it always did. So for Kelly and Morgan, two twenty-something best friends, that meant one thing; a beach trip.

Houses whipped past the windows in a blur as they drove, leaving town in their rearview. The paved freeway had become a winding county road as they neared their destination. There were several beaches nearby, one only a stone's throw from home. But its popularity meant large crowds of people this time of year, especially on a gorgeous day like this. From locals to tourists, there would be sun-drenched bodies from one end to the other.

A far better option was a private beach a little off the beaten path, a place where vivid blue water met rolling dunes. Though it certainly had a name, local residents simply referred to it as 'the beach'. Although it was technically private, it wasn't strictly enforced, and its exclusive status did keep out the majority of curious travellers. The area was sparsely populated with cottages, the inhabitants of which were wealthy retirees who didn't frequent the warm sands too often. You'd occasionally spot a local going for a stroll, typically early in the morning or late into the evening, as the sun dipped out of sight on the beach's west end. But for the most part, it remained peacefully still.

Today, however, it was going to have two visitors. The duo pulled onto the grassy shoulder of the gravel laneway, making sure to give plenty of room for other vehicles to slip by. Shifting to 'Park' and stepping out of their air-conditioned sedan into the muggy Summer air, they proceeded to gather the necessary items for the day.

"Can ya grab the towels from the backseat, please?" asked Kelly, as she opened the trunk to retrieve a small cooler.

"Yup, I gotta grab a few other things anyway," Morgan replied, while tucking her hair up under her wide-brimmed sun hat.

"Great, thanks. I have the bag with my tanning oil, hairbrush, and let's see... yeah, your sunblock is here, too."

"Awesome, lock the car and let's go!" said Morgan enthusiastically, as she ambled toward the ocean.

Kelly hadn't stepped foot on this particular beach before, but this wasn't Morgan's first visit to the area. Once a year she would visit for a long weekend with family and friends, for an event affectionately referred to as 'Beach Daze'. Last year she'd spent the majority of the time catching up with rarely seen relatives, eating delicious barbecue, and getting buzzed on coolers. But as much as Morgan enjoyed the annual event, she didn't care too much for a particular individual that always made his presence known; a boy by the name of Marcus.

Although he was neither a blood relative nor a friend, and lived a few hours away, the irritating boy made an appearance every single year. He was typically the last person she wanted to think about, especially on a day like this, but he popped into her head after seeing the white beach drawing ever closer as they strolled along.

A few years older than herself, he'd always appeared to have a fondness for her, affectionately calling her 'Red', an uninspired nickname that she despised. But that wasn't what bothered her most, rather it was a peculiar interest in making her laugh that was the cause of her disdain. Why he insisted upon bothering others was unknown, yet with each passing year he appeared to become more obsessed with one thing: tickling. She wasn't his only target though, as he'd routinely tickle any girl that was careless enough to let their guard down. Whether it was a gentle poke in the ribs, or a scribble of his fingers across an unprotected foot, he seemed to relish in the laughter all the same. But of all the girls he made squeal and jump, he seemed to have her in his sights most frequently, at least from her perspective.

Last year Marcus was noticeably absent, which didn't hurt Morgan's feelings. She didn't hate him per se, but not having to look over her shoulder constantly was a nice change of pace. Perhaps another year would pass by without having to deal with him, which was likely wishful thinking.

But they weren't here today for the beachside get-together, which was still roughly one week away. Rather, they were here to spend the long afternoon in the cerulean water, and on their backs basking in the heat. Today they could be alone, listening to the surf roll onto the beach while they absorbed some solar rays.

"Almost there! I can see the water, it looks so blue," said Kelly, squinting her eyes toward the horizon.

"Mhmm, yeah it looks fantastic! And I don't see any people either,"

They continued to walk, seagulls squawking overhead as the percussion of gentle rolling waves grew louder. Their flip flops slapped gently against their bare feet as the gravel path soon gave way to soft, warm sand. Stepping out onto the beach they took a moment to scout out a good spot. There was no shortage of real estate to choose from, so they walked a bit further, then began setting things up near a large piece of driftwood that had washed ashore.

It was still relatively quiet, apart from the ambient noise from the ocean. There was no one walking their dog, or paddle boarding today. In fact, the only people they could see were far off in the distance, having fun zipping around on jet skis.

"Oh, man. My arm was about to fall off from carrying that cooler," whined Kelly, spinning her arm through the air like a windmill.

"You're fine. Besides, we're here now so it's all good," replied Morgan, kicking off her pastel-pink flip flops.

Kelly followed suit, sending one black sandal soaring through the air. She burrowed her freshly-pedicured toes deep into the sand, and they disappeared as she soaked in its comforting warmth, while enjoying the briny aroma that only seawater can provide. The golden August sun beat down upon them, as tiny beads of sweat formed on their skin.

Morgan wore a rose-coloured, one-piece swimsuit. It had one shoulder strap, and a cutout on her right side, revealing a small section of her pale, freckled skin. She was a natural redhead, which meant the sun wasn't her friend. She'd chosen this particular bathing suit as it covered her curvy figure better than a bikini ever would. In an effort to avoid a nasty burn, she began coating herself with a thick layer of sunblock. She managed to cover most of her exposed body; legs, arms, her face and neck. But she required some help to get the top of her back.

"Hey, can you get me?" Morgan asked, holding out the bottle of SPF50 and giving it a little shake.

"Yup, one sec," came Kelly's reply, as she finished spreading out her large towel on the sand.

Kelly assisted her friend by slathering the lotion over any exposed areas that she'd been unable to reach by herself. Her own skin was a touch darker, and had a somewhat natural defence to UV rays, but Morgan would burn to a crisp without this stuff.

"There ya go, you're all set; totally protected," said Kelly, while reaching out and squeezing her friends side through the hole in her bathing suit.

"Yiieehee!" came a shrill shriek from Morgan. "Get outta here! But thanks for your help, I don't wanna fry out here today, gotta stay cool."

After returning the bottle, Kelly made her way over to the bag they'd brought, fished out her tanning oil, and began to spread it liberally over her bronzed body.

Kelly was a brunette, and stood several inches taller than Morgan. She'd been tanning all Summer long, and the difference in skin tone between the two friends was quite noticeable. The jet-black bikini she chose to wear today accentuated her toned tummy and long legs, and matched the polish on her toes perfectly, while the white cowrie shell anklet resting upon her left ankle added a touch of contrast to her outfit. The tanning oil glistened as she massaged it onto her sun-kissed skin with both hands while staring toward the horizon. The wind had picked up, and the warm, salty air brought along a sense of peacefulness and serenity. When she'd finished the bottle was tossed away, landing upright in the sand.

"I'm pumped we're here today, the temperature's perfect!" said Morgan, enthusiastically.

Kelly continued to stare at the azure water, while putting her hair up into a high bun.

"I know, right? This place is heavenly. I think I'm just gonna relax, I wanna lay here and bake for a while, then we'll go for a swim,"

"Okay," replied Morgan. "Take your time, it's gonna be a long day."

*

The jet skis skimmed the water's surface, buzzing back and forth, with RPM's rising and falling as they zigzagged between buoys. A constant arc of water shot from the rear of each vehicle as they piloted their craft with reckless abandon, nearly colliding with each other on more than one occasion. But every near miss just made the two boys go faster, without a care for their own well-being.

After a time, one machine came to a stop near a raft. It was fairly large, and was kept afloat with barrels underneath its wooden planks, while being anchored to the seabed by a long length of chain. Keith stepped onto the platform from his jet ski, his wet footprints on the sun-bleached boards drying almost instantly as the burly boy walked to the centre of the raft, and took in the view. Water droplets flowed steadily down his forehead from the mop of wet, black hair atop his head, and he unbuckled his life vest to reveal a brawny, thick chest.

Looking through his RayBan's across the rippling water toward the beach, he scanned the coastline for movement. As per usual, it was nearly empty. A picturesque section of shoreline like this should be swarming with half-naked bodies, but it always surprised him just how desolate it was. He did notice a group of people gathered around an umbrella. They seemed to be digging a hole, or maybe more than one, it was difficult to tell from here.

The other jet ski continued to skip across the water behind him, the engine screaming as its operator grabbed another handful of throttle, pinning it to the handlebar. The square platform bobbed up and down with the waves, which caused Keith to turn his attention to his friend.

"Hey! Park that thing for a minute! Hey, Marcus! Ya hear me?!"

"Yeah, I hear you! I'm coming, hang on!"

Marcus aimed himself toward his friend, gave the throttle a squeeze for some forward momentum, then killed the engine. He drifted silently toward the raft, bumping it as he came to an abrupt halt.

"What's up?" asked Marcus.

"Nothin', really. Just takin' a break. And lookin' for girls on the beach,"

"Sounds about right. But remember, it's a private beach, pal. No one our age is ever around,"

Marcus extended a long leg, and stepped onto the wooden raft to aid Keith in his search. The two boys stood side-by-side, and although Keith was several inches taller, Marcus was no less sturdy. His broad shoulders and powerful forearms were the epitome of strength, and the sun glinted off his well-sculpted chest as he too unbuckled his life vest, letting it fall to his feet. Both boys were fine athletes, but Marcus' lean, muscular frame was the result of countless hours in the gym.

"Yeah, I know. Don't hurt to look, though," said Keith, still surveying the distant beach.

"See anything at all?" Marcus inquired, as he ran his hand through his short, blonde hair.

"Not too much. Just some folks diggin' holes, right over there," directed Keith with a point of his finger.

"Oh, yeah. I see them,"

"There hasn't been anyone else around that I've noticed. It's too quiet, man. Wait, down there, do ya see them?" asked Keith, his arm outstretched.

In the distance, far down the beach, he spotted what Keith had noticed; two girls, one more tanned than the other. They were heading out of the water, their silhouettes hazy from refracted light distorting in the heat. He squinted, trying to focus his vision, and managed to pick up one specific feature; red hair. There might've been more than one redhead in the area, but only one would know to come here.

Suddenly he felt nostalgic, as fond memories came flooding into his mind. This was certainly a pleasant surprise, as having Morgan drop by the beach was exciting enough, but the fact that she brought a friend was icing on the cake. His icy-blue eyes widened when a thought struck, and a devious smile grew on his face while he imagined the possibilities. He would need to meet up with them in order to have a little fun, and he'd just discovered the perfect place to do so. What he had planned would would be a fantastic end to an already great Summer's day.

"They look hot. What're ya thinkin'?" asked Keith, pulling Marcus out of his daydream.

"Oh, I might have an idea, buddy,"

"Really? What is it?"

"Let's head back to shore, and take a walk. I'll fill you in along the way,"

"Sounds like a plan to me. Lead the way, dude," replied Keith, still squinting at the far end of the beach.

A splash of warm, salty water hit Keith from behind as Marcus dove off the raft. He surfaced seconds later and climbed onto the watercraft that had been slowly drifting away from them. Its engine roared to life, and with a squeeze of the throttle he made a beeline toward the white, sandy shore.

*

The hours melted away while the girls flitted between beachfront lounging and swimming in the warm, crystal-clear waters. Little red crabs scuttled underfoot as they dove in search of seashells, and calm waves made restless patterns of light sparkle on the sea floor below. Tiny fishes nibbled their toes if they kept their legs still for too long, while small strands of seagrass tickled their wrinkly soles as they waded.

After their swim, both girls had made their way back to their towels to sunbathe. They laid down, allowing the warm air a chance to dry their bodies, each sipping on a cold drink while checking messages on their phones. After another application of sunblock, Morgan mentioned going for a walk, which was met with enthusiasm from Kelly.

"That sounds like a good idea," she said, dropping her damp hair down, and letting it tumble over her shoulders. "I'll take the bag. Throw your phone in, and bring a drink, too."

They strolled Eastward along the hard-packed sand near the waterline, in no great rush to get anywhere, chatting as they went. The only other souls they encountered were a few college students enjoying their last few days of Summer break. Upon reaching the first people they'd seen since arriving, and attracted to the idea of sitting down for a rest, they thought it would be a good idea to stop and say 'hello'. The group was taking shelter from the noonday sun under a massive umbrella, which was casting a circular shadow on the ground. And underneath, partially draped in shade, were two substantial holes. Longer than they were wide, the holes appeared big enough for a person to lay in, but were relatively shallow.

They were welcomed by their fellow beach goers with open arms, and spent a long while chatting about this, that, and the other thing. It turns out they'd been here for a few days now, staying with family, and were heading back home soon to get ready for the start of another semester. When questioned about the holes, or who they'd been trying to bury, no clear answer was provided. One could only assume it was boredom that lead to their creation. Eventually they all bid Kelly and Morgan goodbye, and left the beach behind.

The pair were left sitting near the sizeable umbrella, which they discovered was a permanent fixture, embedded in the sand for any beach-goers who required some shade. The blazing afternoon sun continued to beat down upon their heads, or in Morgan's case, her hat. While relaxing next to the rectangular holes, the two parched girls each sipped on a water bottle that was still slightly cold from being inside the insulated bag.

"Man, it's still hot as hell, eh?" muttered Morgan, wiping sweat from her brow.

"Well, not quite, but close I guess. Ya know, if you're that hot why don't ya lay down in one of these?" replied Kelly, gesturing to one of the holes. "Bet it would help keep ya cool."

Morgan pressed the bottle to her lips once more, gulped down the rest of her water while glancing at the hole next to her, then stated, "Nah, I'm good on that."

"Ya sure? The sand is darker, which means it's cooler. That's science right there,"

"Mhmm, science," replied Morgan, sarcastically. "If you're so smart, why don't you jump in?"

"I just might. But, you're the one complaining about the heat. It bothers you more then me, ya know. Plus, it would make a good picture for Instagram."

Morgan thought for a moment. Kelly was right on both accounts; it would make a cute picture, and that sandy crater would feel cooler than the piping hot ground she was sitting on.

"Okay, I'll do it," she said, reluctantly standing up and brushing the sand from her bum.

The temperature difference under her feet was immediately noticeable upon stepping into the hole. This sand also had a different texture; hard-packed, and nearly clay-like, but not sticky. It clearly needed more work, as it wasn't quite long enough for her to stretch out completely. Sitting herself down and leaning backward, she ensured that her head was propped up and adequately supported. Then she extended her legs, which were slightly elevated, leaving her sandy bare feet to rest on the outer rim of the hole, above ground level.

Kelly looked down at her petite friend, her fair skin a stark contrast to the dark, damp sand she was laying on.

"Bet ya feel better already. Now, we'll just get ya all cozy,"

"Cozy? What's that mean?" asked Morgan, looking up at her friend who now appeared to be towering over her.

She watched as the tanned girl knelt down beside her and began to push some sand atop her body, shifting more and more with every movement of her hands. Kelly was nothing if not efficient, and she found herself being quickly concealed. Morgan wasn't claustrophobic, but the idea of being buried alive would frighten anyone. So, she looked elsewhere while her body was quickly enveloped, reminding herself that it was all for the picture, and would be over soon.

"Okay, that's enough. Any more and I won't be able to get up!"

"Sure ya will; it's light, and easy to move. Just relax, you'll be fine," assured Kelly.

Within minutes Morgan was completely covered, with the exception of her head and slightly-sandy feet, of course. The beach had seemingly swallowed her whole, and she felt its warm embrace on all sides of her body; she was utterly trapped. The weight of the white sand holding her in place meant she had zero chance of breaking out by herself. The pressure she felt wasn't necessarily uncomfortable, and certainly not cozy by any means, but it was tolerable for a few minutes at the very least. From her perspective, the only body parts she could see were her two feet, jutting upward toward an infinite blue sky. She wiggled her toes, and her bright pink polish glimmered in the Summer sun while rippling waves lapped the shore in the background.

Kelly stood back, and admired her work. "Well, how do ya feel now?"

"Cooler, I guess. But not dramatically so,"

"Well, it's better than nothing, so you're welcome. Lemme find my phone and I'll take a picture, it'll be super cute,"

"Sure thing, just don't leave me here forever,"

"I wouldn't do that, just be chill,"

Kelly grabbed her phone out of the bag, and aimed it directly at her entombed friend, snapping a picture, or two. Then she scrolled through the filters, in hopes of finding one that would best capture the moment.

"Lemme see, how do I look?" asked Morgan.

"Hot as fuck, just like usual," said Kelly with a little wink.

"Shut up, now show me," said Morgan, impatiently.