All Comments on 'Beacon Point Beach House'

by SisterJezabel

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
RiverMayaRiverMayaover 2 years ago

Definitely five stars!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

Splendid story! Great characters.

5

PeytonMirabellePeytonMirabelleover 2 years ago

Delightful, slow build, and very sweet. Loved it!

OneAuthorOneAuthorover 2 years ago
Truly wonderful story

Everything from the plot, to the characterization, to the romance / sex, and to the ending was very well written. It was terrific the way the booking mix-up created what appears to be a happily-ever-after for Grace and Alex. If I could, I would give this more stars than there are grains of sand on the beach. :)

WinsomeWebWinsomeWebover 2 years ago

What a pleasant, tender story. Reading it felt as much like a stress-free vacation as their summer. No melodrama--just a nice vacation on the beach. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it, and was saddened to see it end so quickly. At one point, I thought they might stay and take over the cheese making while Mary and Millie traveled. FWIW, I was confused initially thinking she was still talking about 20 years ago.

The_Sheppards_CorrectionThe_Sheppards_Correctionover 2 years ago

It is a delightful story. Perhaps one I had entertained as a younger man. I enjoyed the colloquialism and had to look up a couple. Well done! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

chastenchastenover 2 years ago

A delightful story!

PickFictionPickFictionover 2 years ago

Loved this one the first time I read it, and even more the second time. Wonderful pacing and characters I'd like to meet in person. Great job, as always.

TrionyxTrionyxover 2 years ago
Cloven inlet

Great term!

So if they get married, will she be known as Grace Grace?

sandy77sandy77over 2 years ago

Cloven inlet. Lol. Must be an Aussie term. Loved the story.

vanmyers86vanmyers86over 2 years ago

Absolutely lovely!

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

I loved it, your take on the care-worn finding happiness despite their own issues is soothing and uplifting, plus I can’t be the only one that really fancies an extended stay in M&M’s beach house - it sounds idyllic!

Davester37Davester37over 2 years ago

I loved this story. It was well written, flawlessly edited, and fun to read. The characters are likable and interesting. The story has a nice “Summer Fun” feeling.

I only wish that I could find Beacon Point on a map. Perhaps someday I’ll travel Down Under and want to stay in a nice beach house!

I joined the earlier Anon commenter when I thought I was reading a flashback early in the story, but it sorted itself quickly and my confusion was brief.

Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 2 years ago

5 stars

I normally hate romance stories. This one was well written but seemed to be written by a woman, for other women.

MountainMiscellanistMountainMiscellanistover 2 years ago

A perfect romance :-)

Thank you.

teedeedubteedeedubover 2 years ago

Sweet. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent. You write such beautiful stories. Always enjoy your work. Thank you.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 2 years ago

A perfect romantic slow burn, probably your best yet. Really enjoyed this.

ThefirefliesThefirefliesover 2 years ago

Nice story SJ – real people with real issues and anxieties, working things out together. And who doesn’t love a holiday house by the beach! 5 stars of course.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 2 years ago

Hi, Jez, really lovely story that seemed so real. You included lots of little details that added realism while not becoming overpowering. It was really sweet, too, with a very nice likability factor for Alex and Grace. And speaking of names, I loved the mix-up with the names and how it set up the whole scenario. Great job and good luck in the contest!

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Well, you've done it again Jezabel. Great story of two damaged people finding love. Yes, I thought I'd never heard of cloven inlet thinking it was an Aussie term but having researched it I've obviously forgotten it since reading Fanny Hill, unless mine was an abridged version 😂.

5 stars. Good luck with the contest.

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 2 years ago

How SWEET to be reminded how much I have enjoyed other stories of yours. Happy to see you've expanded your topic(s) beyond the med environment. Nice growth!

Especially enjoyed the "knowing" exchanges without spoken words!

MedicalpeteMedicalpeteover 2 years ago

Nice! Really nice. Thank you

ActingupActingupover 2 years ago

Thanks SJ for a lovely story. Five stars. Great to see an Aussie writer too and that you’ve bravely introduced our dreamy Christmas/New Year period. But I wish you’d said that XL is just our standard size here…

PhilDub2PhilDub2over 2 years ago

A very sweet love story that took its time and didn’t feel at all contrived.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Lovely story. Nice reading.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

Grace driving is a wonder …. Being involved in such horror, as kid it must be world crashing and starting driving on her own is outstanding …… now after this the next hurdles are partnering finding somebody fitting ….. the older we get the more intense this search is becoming and old memories are truly not helpful ……. So grace good luck 🍀

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝 lovely tale

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

The dumb bitch is 30yrs yet has no education except school and only travels...

Where the fuck dies she get money from!! She seems like a spoilt entitled bitch!!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Wow, whether or not you set out to you really captured the challenges of complex ptsd. I feel for Grace’s character. If anything, having her inheritance meant she didn’t have the struggle to survive to push her through, so instead she was at loose ends for decades. This was a sweet story, thank you for writing it.

evenparevenpar9 months ago

gentil but moving.. the way Love should behold.

Magic_CapMagic_Cap6 months ago

@Anonymous : : You can disagree and say so publicly, but the form should also be appropriate, i.e. polite and respectful.

This anonymous comment 6 months ago certainly is not.

I wonder whether you would have put it so rudely in real life if you had to stand by it with your Face and name. All that remains is the impression of a cowardly a**hole to me, sorry.

As for the story: very sensitively told, very empathetic, very subtle, very careful - just perfect!

5/5 stars !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSisterJezabel@SisterJezabel
10 December- "Hey Twister—Letters to my dead twin" has been submitted in the Letters and Transcripts section and should be published in the next few days. It's fairly lengthy (25k words) but can easily be read in sections. I'll be honest- I like romance and happy endings. My...

SIMILAR Stories