Becoming Monsters: In the Mirror Ch. 27

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He gave me a glare like he did not have time for this. "You're late on that. We have a hostage situation in there and are waiting for SWAT. At least three assailants, with at least a dozen held hostage."

"Let me guess. An Imp and a Black Cat Beastfolk woman are among the attackers?"

Julia had apparently been busy. The Sergeant nodded at me, impressed. "Yeah. Had run-ins with this bunch before?"

Oh, you could say that. "If it's who I think it is and not the craziest coincidence since the Change? Yes. It's personal this time. Let my team through the barrier and we will make sure they aren't a problem. The two I specified have attacked me and mine. This is a Guild issue." Those last five words sent the police officer from sublime confidence to terror. It went from something he knew how to deal with to something WAY beyond his pay grade, instantly. I could feel it as his nerves went off the charts. I decided to press my luck a bit. "I can call Mashal Shapiro to confirm if you need me to."

I mean, I technically could. I might even survive doing so. The Sergeant in front of me did not need to know that, and did not want to dare me to confirm. "Michaels, let them through. Guild Leader, you have about fifteen minutes before SWAT arrives. They will not care if this is a Guild issue. You need to be either done, out of the building, or hugging the floor when they get here. You catch a bullet because you look like one of the attackers, that's on you. Understood?"

I nodded. "Understood, and thank you. Officer Michaels, you have a good barrier going. I appreciate that more than you know. Be wary of necromantic energy attacks and summoned minions. Particularly ones wearing Ice Armor. If the group is who I think it is, the Black Cat has a dark energy wave that nearly killed me when it landed undefended. Four to pass through the barrier."

The robed policeman acknowledged the request, and a gap opened in the blue barrier before us. Without another word, I entered, followed by Lucy, Whitney, and Emily. What goes around comes around. Sometimes, you get to be what's coming around. It was our turn to be in that position.

12