Becoming More than Friends (Liam)

Story Info
Liam's side of his changing relationship with Anna.
4.5k words
4.73
5.9k
2
0

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 07/26/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Years of friendship, years of shoving down his feelings, years of fighting the urge to kiss her perfect lips, and here they stood, their faces mere inches apart. The last thread that held his restraint snapped free.

***

Liam met Anna when they were in 8th grade together. Even then he thought she was beautiful. He couldn't let on that he liked her, out of pride, so he would tease her and poke fun at her and she was quick to dish it right back. One day, their antics landed them both in after school detention. Liam remembered being excited that he would get to walk home with her. He only lived a few blocks past her, so they would walk most of the way home together. As they walked home, just the two of them, he didn't feel the need to carry on with their usual games of taunting. They spent most of the walk laughing at Mrs. Higgins, the teacher overseeing detention, who had fallen asleep with her eyes open during their punishment, snoring throughout. He loved the sound of her laugh, even then.

Ever since that day, they were inseparable, walking to and from school together, spending free time riding bikes, playing games, watching movies. Through high school and college everyone knew that where you found one of them, you would usually find the other. Liam never tried to push them beyond anything other than friendship. Anna didn't seem interested in him that way and he would rather have her as a friend, than risk losing her by pushing the relationship too far. People often assumed they were together, or would act in disbelief when they shared they had never dated. Both Liam and Anna had multiple partners leave them, citing their relationship with each other as the cause.

Now, Anna and Liam are 28. He works as a project manager at a local start up, and she is a dance teacher at a prestigious private school. They managed to get apartments in the same building, and continue to spend evenings and weekends together, and if that wasn't enough, they text each other all day.

Though Liam started out as a dorky, lanky kid in 8th grade, he now stands 6 feet tall and has filled out to be quite muscular. His once blonde hair has darkened to an almost brown now, and is cut short on the sides, with longer hair on top that is just long enough to be bushed to one side or the other. His eyes are hazel, with freckles of different shades throughout, and has fair skin. Currently, Liam sports a little stubble on his face.

Anna stands at 5 foot 8 inches, and has a curvy physique that Liam considers to be perfection. Her long, wavy blonde hair falls halfway down her back, and smells distinctly of lilies from her favorite shampoo. Her pale skin is flawless and soft, and her eyes are light blue, like the sky.

Liam found himself in Anna's apartment on Friday after work, having a glass of wine and talking about their weeks when he got a text from Christine, his girlfriend. It read "We need to talk. I'm downstairs." Liam shared this with Anna before heading down to find Christine.

Christine stood outside the front door of the building. She always dressed well, wearing designer clothes and had perfect makeup. She had shoulder length brown hair, fair skin, and brown eyes. She stood with her arms crossed leaning against the building.

"Hey, what did you want to talk about?" He asked.

"I told you weeks ago that I was having issues with this.... friendship you have, but nothing has changed." Christine said forcefully.

Liam sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I'm not exactly sure what you want me to change. She's my friend! She's always been my friend, and honestly, no one is going to step in and change that."

"So between me and her, you're picking her?!" she said aggressively.

"Don't make it like that! Come on! She's like my sister!" he pushed back. Saying that, no matter how many times he had said it before, still caused him heartache.

"Look, I will never be okay with being your girlfriend, when your... friendship with her looks like this. It's embarrassing for me!" She said, more calmly now, pleading with him.

Liam took another breath and stepped away from Christine. He shrugged his shoulders, lifting his arms and opening his mouth like he was going to say something, but nothing came out. He sighed, dropping his arms and just looked at Christine, shaking his head.

Christine nodded and finally said "I deserve better than this. It's over. Have a nice life, I hope that she's worth it."

Liam watched her walk away for a moment. He ran his hands in a frustrated manner over his stubbled chin before heading back inside. On his way back up to Anna's apartment, he couldn't help but feel annoyed. How was he supposed to fight his feelings for Anna if every woman he dated left him because of Anna?!

Liam took a deep breath before entering her apartment. He walked right to his drink and took a few big gulps of his red wine. Finally he turned to her. Anna raised her eyebrow, questioningly, trying to elicit from him what happened. Liam walked over and slumped down on the couch next to her. "We broke up."

Anna's face contorted into a pained expression as she said, "I'm sorry Liam!" He knew she was truly sorry. She actually seemed to like Christine. He nodded at her apology, not sure what else to say at the moment.

"What happened? Do you want to talk about it?" she asked.

He didn't really want to, if he was being honest. Anna always felt bad when his relationships ended because other girls were jealous of her, and he hated to see her like that. Staring at his wine glass in his hand he said "It just wasn't going to pan out in the long run."

"Was it me?" She asked bluntly.

Damn it. He really didn't want to go through this again. Liam looked at her, and with the sincerest tone he could told her "It was a lot of things. If anything, it's my fault. It could never be your fault." Anna just nodded slowly.

"But I'm one of the reasons?" she asked, now turning to look at him.

He couldn't lie to her, she always saw through that, but he didn't want to confirm that she played any part in their break up either. He resided to say nothing, sighing and turning back to look at his glass.

Liam second guessed his actions of chugging his red wine, as he now felt slightly less inhibited, which was a dangerous combination with the thoughts swirling around his head about the break up and his feelings for Anna. Eventually he blurted out something he had wanted to ask her for a long time. "Do you ever think about what everyone else sees? All our failed relationships, all the people who think we are together, or should be... do you ever think we are missing something?"

Anna looked like a deer in the headlights. He could see her processing the question before she finally said "I mean, sure! I think it would be odd not to have thought about that with how much it seems to come up."

This was a good start, Liam thought. At least he wasn't alone in his thoughts about this. He turned to her, more intently now and prompted "And?"

Anna looked confused. "And what?" she asked.

Liam let out a frustrated breath. "Do you think we are missing something?!"

Anna scanned his face, her expression still confused, but softer now. She took a thoughtful sip of her wine before finally saying "I don't know. I really don't know. But what I do know is that we are great friends, the best of friends, and that's enough for me."

Liam felt that familiar sting of being reminded that they were friends, and that was all they would be. He forced a smile, not wanting to let on at his pain and said "Right. Good. I feel the same way."

Anna gave him a gentle smile in return. Liam needed to change the subject. He turned toward the TV, grabbing the remote and asked if she was ready to finish the rest of the movie they started yesterday. "Sure!" She said, settling in a little more on the couch. As the movie played, Liam felt restless. He continued to get up for various reasons, checking his phone to see how much time was left before he could excuse himself for the evening. He forced himself to attend to the movie, laughing at the right times. When the movie ended, he felt relieved and got up to leave, carrying the wine glasses to the kitchen on the way.

Anna stood from the couch and followed him to the door. He turned to her to say goodbye. His heart ached from the pain of knowing Anna would never see him in the way he saw her. He would get over it, as he always did, he just needed to go home and be alone in his thoughts for a while. He turned to leave when Anna grabbed his arm and said "Wait!"

Liam turned to her, confused. He assumed he had forgotten something, his phone, his jacket, but after scanning the apartment and coming back empty, he looked back to her questioningly.

Anna looked up at him in a way that melted his very soul. Did she know what she was doing to him? She stepped forward, closing the gap between them and wrapping her hand around his neck. Liam's heart started to race, not knowing what to expect and not knowing if he could restrain himself if she got any closer to him. She stood on her toes, bringing her face closer to his and with a slight tug on his neck drew him down to her where she pressed her lips to his in a gentle kiss. When the kiss broke, his breath caught.

Years of friendship, years of shoving down his feelings, years of fighting the urge to kiss her perfect lips, and here they stood, their faces mere inches apart. The last thread that held his restraint snapped free. A smile spread across his face as he slid a hand across her lower back, the other finding its place tangled in her hair behind her head. One of her hands was still around his neck while the other rested on his chest. She smiled at him and that was the last indicator that he needed to unleash everything he had been pushing down all these years.

He pulled Anna into him, meeting her lips again, but this time, more ravenously. Their bodies pressed together firmly, he pressed his tongue into her mouth, and she received him eagerly. Anna slung both arms around his neck and Liam lifted her from the ground. In response, Anna wrapped her legs around his waist, driving Liam wild with desire causing his already present erection hardened further.

He pressed her up against the wall, her legs still around him. He pulled away from her lips and moved down her neck. He kissed and licked along the tender skin, breathing in her scent. Anna moaned at the sensation and Liam released an uncontrollable moan in return. The thought of her feeling such pleasure from him drove him wild and he pressed into her even harder, his hard cock finding pleasure at being so close to the soft spot between Anna's legs.

Her hands found his face and pulled him back up into another wild kiss. She unwrapped her legs from him and he supported her as she slowly slid along the wall, back down to the ground. The kiss softened, becoming less wild and more tender. Anna placed her hands on his chest and gently pushed him away. He obeyed, taking a few steps back, panting wildly. He ran a hand through his hair as he took in the sight of her, hair tousled, face red, breathing rapid.

Liam wanted more, wanted her to know that this was more for him than just a hookup. There were so many things he wanted to say, but all he could summon was her name. "Anna..." he said, pleadingly. She closed her eyes for a moment, at the sound of him saying her name, a smile spreading on her lips, the lips he couldn't get enough of. When she opened her eyes, she stepped toward him slowly. He stood still, letting her dictate what to do next. Though he had his own desires, that he could feel pulling against his restricting denim pants, he needed to be sure that he wasn't pushing her too far.

Anna placed her hands on his chest and Liam watched as she ran her hands down his front, feeling him beneath his shirt. When she reached the bottom of his shirt, she lifted it slightly, running her hands along his skin. Liam closed his eyes, enjoying the sensation of her hands sliding up his sides, leaving behind a trail of fire where she touched. He lifted his arms and she removed his shirt, dropping it to the ground. She looked him over, her fingers tracing the contours of his muscles.

He wanted to know what she was thinking, what she was feeling in this intimate moment. He brought his hand to her face and tipped her chin up. She looked into his eyes and smiled, biting her lip, her face turning red with blush. He was comforted by her smile, and her flushed cheeks. He smiled in return and leaned in, placing a soft kiss on her lips. His hands found their way to her hips where he slid them under her shirt, feeling her perfect, soft skin until he stopped at the line of her bra. Anna broke the kiss, lifting her arms, giving him the okay to remove her shirt. Liam held her eyes as he pulled her shirt off, only looking down to take in her body when her shirt dropped to the ground next to his.

He had seen her in swimsuits before, but he was careful not to look too closely at her sexy curvy body, seeing as he already had a hard enough time restraining himself and pushing down his desires. Now she stood in front of him, ready and eager for him to take her in. He ran the back of his hand down her neck and over her collar bone. Her black, lacy bra created beautiful curves of cleavage that he ran his hand down next, finally trailing all the way down her stomach. He wrapped his hands around her waist again and pulled their topless bodies together. Her skin was warm and soft against his. It felt so natural to be this close. Anna rose on her toes and pulled him into a passionate kiss, their tongues dancing together. Liam couldn't get enough of her, grabbing her ass to pull her close, cupping her breasts, tangling his fingers in her hair. Anna's hands roamed his body similarly.

Anna broke the kiss abruptly, both of them still tangled together and panting wildly. They slowly untangled themselves and Anna took a step back. She looked at him with a sexy, mischievous smile and turned so her back was facing him. She pulled her hair off her back and draped it over her shoulder. Liam understood what she was seeking, and stood there, taking in every movement of her request. He approached her until they were only inches apart. He ran his fingers down her left arm, then took her hand in his. His right hand found its place on her hip. He leaned down tracing his nose along her neck, in the sensitive spot just beneath her ear. Her scent was so intoxicating, her skin so unbelievably soft.

"Are you sure?" He whispered against her skin.

Anna released a soft whimper. "Mmhm" she managed to say between heavy breaths.

Liam pulled both his hands away and slowly unclipped her bra. He ran his hands up her bare back and over her shoulders, removing her straps. Her bra fell to the floor next to the rest of their discarded clothes. Liam's breath caught at the sight of her perky breasts. He could see them rising and falling with each heavy breath Anna took.

Liam pressed up behind her, his left hand on her hip, pressing her into his bare chest, and his rock hard erection. Anna brought her right arm up and over her head to grab his neck exposing her right side. This simple movement drove Liam wild, she was so sexy, so confident. He lifted his right hand and traced down the side of her right breast before sliding underneath and cupping it. Her breasts were larger for her size, her nipples erect. Liam ran his thumb over her nipple in small circles. His breathing picked up as his arousal reached new summits.

Anna arched into him, releasing a moan. Liam wasn't sure he could take much more, she was so overwhelmingly sexy when she responded to his touch like that. He brought his lips down to her neck again, kissing her tender skin and between heavy breathes managed to say "Anna... you're so beautiful."

Anna's breathing was ragged as she said "Liam..."

He never imagined his name on her lips could sound like that. So full of desire, so pleading, it brought him so much pleasure. "Mmmm, yes?" he asked, wanting to hear her voice more. Wanting to hear her arousal, her desires.

"I..." she paused, taking another breath. "I want you." As she spoke, she arched into him again, grinding her ass against his hard cock. Liam unraveled at these words, he instinctively pressed his hips into her harder, cursing the clothes keeping them so far apart. In a single sweeping movement, he lifted her into his arms, one under her back, the other under her knees, and carried her into her bedroom. Upon entering her room, he sobered up from the sexual intoxication slightly, the realization of what was about to happen sinking in. He set her down on her feet and Anna immediately stood back on her toes, ran a hand through his hair and pulled him into a wild kiss.

All sober thoughts were gone as Liam wrapped his arms around her waist and picked her up. He walked them closer to the bed. Still holding her, and still kissing her deeply, he climbed onto the bed, lowering her down and suspending himself on top of her. Anna spread her legs and wrapped them around his thighs, encouraging him to grind into her. He gladly obeyed and with each thrust she released a moan. Liam loved how she moaned at the sensation of him pressing into her, it drove him crazy. He wanted to elicit more from her.

He moved down from her lips to her neck, and then trailed down to her breasts where he cupped one in his hand, rubbing circles around her nipple with his thumb. His mouth found the other breast and his tongue flicked and played with erect her nipple. His erection strained in his pants as she arched her back, her breath catching. "Please Liam!" she panted. He stopped, looking up at her with a wicked smile on his face. He kept his hand on her breast but continued his kisses down to the line of her pants. Once he reached them, he sat up and unbuttoned her jeans. She lifted her hips, helping him pull the jeans over her curvy ass.

He got off the bed and stood in front of her, taking in the sight of her, laying there in just her panties. He undid his belt and pulled his jeans off, all while watching her. He noticed her attention snap to his erection that was clearly visible through his tight boxer briefs. He had always been relatively proud of his dick. At around 8 inches long and with a moderate girth, he found that was well received by those he had been with in the past.

He slowly climbed back onto the bed. Anna parted her legs, but Liam, instead, laid down beside her, propped up on one elbow. As much as he wanted her, his desire to bring her more pleasure, to hear her moan at his touch, was greater. He ran his hand along the line of her panties, then over her mound to the sensitive spot between her legs. He could feel how wet she was through her panties. Anna's breathing became more ragged as he slid his finger under the elastic between her legs and pushed her panties to one side. She was so wet, so primed for him. He ran his fingers up and down her silky slit.

He started tracing gentle circles around her engorged clit. Anna closed her eyes and thrust her hips with each movement. Liam slid his fingers back down her crease and then paused before slowly inserting two fingers inside of her. Anna moaned and thrust again. Liam reveled in her arousal, the feeling of her around his fingers, her warm wet pussy. Liam started a pattern of circling her clit and then sliding his finger in her. Anna's breathing became shallow and more rapid. He knew she was getting close to reaching her orgasm. Liam whispered in her ear "I want to make you cum." As if by command, Anna cried out in pleasure, her body convulsing, under his hand, her eyes closed in ecstasy. It was the most arousing thing he had ever seen.

When her breathing returned to a more regular pattern, she opened her eyes and looked at him. Anna kissed him passionately, knocking him onto his back and straddling his hips. She broke the kiss, pushing her hands against his chest. His hands found their way to her hips and he took in the sight of this stunning, nude woman on top of him. She trailed her fingers down his chest and began playing with the elastic line of his briefs. After a moment, she pulled back his briefs, finally releasing his erection from its restraints. He couldn't remember another time that he was this aroused.

12