All Comments on 'Becoming Pastor's Wife Ch. 02'

by Ctus

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Needs Work

I found it tedious to read as there were so many misused words and poor sentence structure- the flow is really hurt by such errors. The story and action are poorly paced-- major decisions are made so quickly by the younger Erin. I would think Dave and Erin would be praying for direction from the Lord almost constantly as Baptists typically do- if they are it doesn't come out in the story.

So far, the plot seems poorly supported by this chapter.

CtusCtusover 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks for reading. Sorry it didn't live up to your expectations and I appreciate the feedback.

I will admit the buildup for this story has been a huge undertaking and there were lots of parts of this I intended to write out more completely but realized I would be on the pathway to a 100k word buildup to get to chapter three. I also figured few people would want to read all of that buildup with no real action.

My goal was to have some sort of a background for why an 18 year old woman goes on a business trip with a much older man.

My sincere hope is that time will slow down dramatically starting with chapter three and people who read it will find the story to be very satisfying.

Clt218Clt218over 3 years ago
Believable

What intrigues me about this piece is that it's believable. The backstory is lengthy, but it really solidifies the characters and the buildup is fun to read. I personally appreciate the traditional values that pastor Alan is instilling in his young employee. Looking forward to more chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Bottom line is the girl was seduced by her boyfriend's dad. Thats all kinds of wrong! While I love a good story, I couldn't help but put myself in the high school boys shoes. I know if looked at from other view points it can be seen as a triumphant love story. To me its a tragic and sad. With all that in mind this could easily be considered a good story, just not to me. For any written story to make the reader feel real emotion is the trademark of a good story. The emotions I felt from this story "so far" is for lack of a better word tragic. I sincerely hope my comment is seen as positive, but I understand if its not. It is however truthful.

CtusCtusalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the comment and I agree with your overall sentiments.

If I write chapter 4 of this story, currently chapter 3 is out, then it will be about the fallout of everything that has happened.

There is a very specific character arch intended for the ex-boyfriend. I agree that right now in the story he is a "loser."

dommasterjimdommasterjimabout 1 year ago

More good story.... good reviews..!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCtus@Ctus
I completely welcome feedback and discussion on my stories or messages on here. Thank you for being respectful and have a lovely day.