All Comments on 'Before I Forget'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 255 Comments (Page 3)
xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

@nitprick is such a fucking piece of shit go suck your own cock you little Bitch 🤣🤣🤣

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Xhristianj, I agree fully.

Nitpic, get over yourself.

Third time of reading, even managed to understand who to attribute dialogue to, not bad for an old guy huh? Very moving story, the dementia cloud is on the horizon, a good friend of mine, his wife has the worst type, they are the nicest, kindest people, her decline has been shockingly quick.

Simon_Masters

Nato_Nato_over 1 year ago

Omg. So good. Unless told otherwise, this is your flagship story. 5/5 bookmarked, favorite, folow author, staring ovation

Nato_

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thankyou for my 80 year old moist eyes. Brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Xhristianj & Anonymous,

When it comes to folk like Nitpic. Thoreau had it right: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds".

vcwriter17bvcwriter17bover 1 year ago

This is a lovely work. Like any writer, there are things I might have done differently, but that in no way detracts from the quality of this effort.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

I liked it but bit of a tear jerker, just to many good people

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What happened to drawing in casket!

A big one I think.

Others small

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is my third reading of this story. About 5 months ago, here is what I wrote:

"Extremely powerful story and so sad. My mom died of Alzheimer. She knew she had the disease and while she was still lucid, she used to say: "you know, you die in little bits and pieces". She lost her sense of taste and smell, then her hearing, her eyesight and her sense of touch. Gradually, as the disease progressed, her body forgot how to breathe, to digest, to pump blood, etc. This story reminds me so much of this period, more than 10 years ago!"

I felt the same powerful emotions with this new reading than I felt the first time I read it. I am a 77 yo man and the amount of dust in the air is still very high, even a decade later. Heart wrenching!

6*

BJ

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 1 year ago

I really liked this story. I was amazed when some wondered about adding gay references. It was NOT to pander to masses. It was merely to show the old man was happy with ALL his children. For those who want to complain about the occasional dialog mismatch, grammar error etc. ....YOU try writing a story. Especially one worth a damn. I gave this a full 5 stars.

SDN1955SDN1955over 1 year ago

Fantastic story.

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 1 year ago

This one struck a chord with me in two ways. I lost my stepfather to alzheimer's 3 years ago. All I had read and heard didn't prepare me for him just wasting away; 220 to 115 lbs. in two years. Some days he took a bit to remember me, but he always broke into a big smile for my Mother.

My family raised Boxers when I was growing up. Far from the sharpest tack in the cork board (longer pedigree = dumber); but loyal to the end. Got an infant/toddler? Get a Boxer. They would get them out of a house fire or die with them.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 year ago

What a story. It was a little difficult to keep all the characters straight a couple of times, but maybe that's just me. Loved the story because it hit very close to home. Wasn't Alzheimer, but senile dementia is just as heartbreaking for the loved ones. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

There's a good story in there, but you tossed it in a blender and turned it into a mess. There are also a lot of mistakes. For example, he says that he had himself declared incompetent a year ago and gave control over to Ronnie but somehow continues to manage his own affairs for a year before letting Ronnie know. How does that work?

40fathoms40fathomsabout 1 year ago

This is one of your best

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another deserving ten stars. In the past month I’ve read about a dozen stories that deserved ten. This is the first I’ve not read before. Excellent!🥰

I didn’t cry until the part about the drawing of the little girl and her dad.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thank you for writing such a wonderful story. It resonates so much with me as my own father had dementia. And while not the same there is a lot of similarities in things that have happened down through the years. Keep writing such great stories I just wish I could read without crying

GutsandgloryGutsandgloryabout 1 year ago

You know..this has zero to do with the story

MY mIL has been living with us for the last year with early onset of dementia and seeing the gradual and at time rapid decline. This story resonates.

Except she’d be the cheating whore in this story.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerabout 1 year ago

Awesome. The Bear loved it. God speed, Dave. The bear approves. 5 stars. 'Nuff said.

The BEAR

LechemanLecheman12 months ago

Wow! Simply told, beautiful and touching, thank you.

Ocker53Ocker5312 months ago

A beautiful and heart felt story ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Calico75Calico7511 months ago

I hardly ever cry when reading anymore, but I did this time. Wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Total emotional engagement, very, very well done.

It's one thing to write a story for this particular site, it's another thing to make the reader really feel for the characters.

I'm a grizzly old bear. It takes a fair bit to make me choke up, but you succeeded with this one.

Thanks for the great read.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Further from the grizzly old bear...

I came to this story from the Boston to Birmingham one.

Damn you have a fine talent.

Don't stop.

woodwardwoodward11 months ago

Wow! Just Wow! It would have been a great story without the cheating wife.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

On of the classics of this website. Superb and all too real. Perhaps that is why I get damp eyes whenever I read it. Five glorious supernovas.

Jlyn1Jlyn111 months ago

Excellent story. So much emotion. The tears flowed.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I keep coming back to this story time and again. Tears flow every time, especially when I get to the wedding and and the photograph. Had to make a comment this time after ‘anonymous’ cruel, unneeded, disrespectful comment. Love is love! Accept it dummy.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story! One of my top 10 out of thousands of stories I’ve read here.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

one of the better ones i've read

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I've read some of your other stories and gave them all a 4 or 5 but have never read this one. Wish I could have given this one a higher score. Great reading...

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Powerful. Emotive. Brilliant. Of course I cried. No real man wouldn't after reading that. This was very personal for me because it just is. RIP Dad and Fred (FIL) Thank you for writing this Q this is one of your best BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Awesome story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great story I love ever line.

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBF8 months ago

I wish writers stayed away from pensions. They always get it ridiculously wrong.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wow I’ve gone through two boxes of tissues fantastic story wish there was more space for much more stars

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

i personally haven't had to deal with a person with advanced alzheimers but have been around people who were probably in the early stages . forgetting things even people you should know, must be about the worst thing there is knowing at some point you will most likely lose all your memories of who you were, the people you loved and who loved you . it can't be easy to live with knowing its coming .

froggytreefroggytree6 months ago

Lots of pollen in the air or dust particles or something. Excellent.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Living through family members having dementia/Alzheimer’s is hard. Being sick myself and the treatment causing an early form of it has been hard on me and my son who helps me. Divorced with questionable parentage of at least 1 and my name being David this story almost seems like my life. Great job storytelling.

jflindersjflinders6 months ago

I loved it, 5 stars.

An editor might have helped avoid the few odd mistakes. On the other hand, with a writer of this quality a careful proofreading would have been sufficient.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story. It is about David and his family. Juanita is a caricature of a cheating slut and conniving schemer. She is just a plot device. Unrepentant, manipulative, anc a predator in her own right.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Homosexuals are mentally ill and have one of the highest suicide rates in the world. You pretending its normal is just virtue signaling and encouraging them to continue in that evil twisted lifestyle will simply end in them killing themselves. Isiot.

SkanderbegSkanderbeg4 months ago

Wow, just amazing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I loved it and gave it 5 huge stars. And yes I did get something in my eyes again. ;-) But We're also dealing with an adult with dementia, and does forget a lot as well. It's hard on those who help others too. But I loved the story. Thank You for sharing it with us.

froggytreefroggytree4 months ago

I think this is your masterpiece.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker4 months ago

At least the third time I've read this epoch. I love it. *.5 stars. Not because it isn't worth more- it is. But it's just so dam sad. The Bear loves happy endings. This is just not quite there. The M/C gets short shrift in the end, but he has three wonderful children. Life could be worse- but not much. Maybe the slut will get HIV, or Black Siph, or something worse. Maybe a tax audit. Don't know, don't really care. Just glad I'm in better company the he was. The Bear approves. More, sir, please.

The BEAR

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker4 months ago

Sorry, I mis-keyed. Should be 8.5 stars. the Bear apologizes.

The BEAR

FlamethrowFlamethrow4 months ago

The comment posted by anonymous 11 days ago starting with "Homosexuals" speaks volumes about his own mentality and should be deleted for its total lack of decency and taste.

This was a wonderfully-crafted story fully deserving 5*.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Had to take tree breaks reading this, eyes unacountably blured.

Bluehorse64Bluehorse644 months ago

While I sat here and read it, already in a melancholy mood, you had this 60 year old man blubbering like a kid. Yeah, dammit, I cried. I'm going through something similar. Not the disease, but another health issue. Sometimes we read things when we're supposed to read them.

You did a helluva job with this story.

tralan69ertralan69er3 months ago

Very good story, a sad story, but a good story

Thank you.

I was hoping to find Juanita's story, I looked where I thought it might be, no luck and no link.

May be you could leave a message here. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It's been three years since I first read this and the story hasn't lost a thing! I found some solace when my mom died from this disease, she was a teacher and passed pieces of herself to all her students (and us). Thank you Q.

somewhere east of Omaha

KaeyoKaeyo3 months ago

I’ve read this several times now. It moves me each time. A truly heartfelt story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

5 Stars on a great story GW . I almost drowned when I was about 8 . I have been scared of the ocean ever since that had happened . I did learn to dog Paddle and then swim and then floating on my back . I still loved fishing for trout until i was ready to retire .

AmbulAmbulabout 1 month ago

Beautifully done. Even a life well-lived has its sadnesses.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS