Being Jim Ch. 06: Lessons of Life Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Not another word young man!" Maggie glared at me before her stern look faded into a sheepish grin as she realized that there was no hiding it and she had already admitted to letting herself get carried away... twice now today. She hung her head in resignation and looked up through her lashes at me to see me smiling softly at her and no longer chuckling at her dilemma.

"But I have to say something first Maggie..." I opined.

"What?" She almost snapped but in that soft voice.

"Thank you. I was honored to be able to... assist you, especially since you made it well worth my time and effort. Thank you, truly." I said in all honesty, as I sat up and reached to rub my right hand up her left arm. My eyes wandering up and down her hickey speckled pale white skin, looking for all the world like she had been stung multiple times by some demented bees... or been bitten by some rather buck toothed mosquitoes maybe. Maggie tilted her head to one shoulder and nodded in acknowledgement then uncharacteristically she lunged at me and wrapped her arms around me burying her head in my neck and shoulder giving me a mighty hug. At first I sat there stunned a moment then I wrapped my arms around her and returned the hug with equal enthusiasm causing her to gasp a bit before she moaned appreciatively into my neck.

"Mmmmmmmmm... Darling, I should be thanking you. I know I was overstepping our relationship as teacher and student, but thank you Jim for allowing me to simply be a woman today. If you were anyone else I would be concerned that this might make our... working relationship... awkward. But I know in my heart that with you it will not. For that I feel most fortunate." Maggie whispered into my neck as she continued to hold me and hug me, her bare breasts feeling so soft and warm pressing into my chest, my neck tingling from her warm breath on my skin.

"Maggie?" I began, thinking of Michelle and how whatever happened today might affect her. "I'm okay with this, as you said, but is Michelle... well..." I trailed off not knowing exactly how to formulate the question I wanted to ask knowing that I might not like the answer.

"Michelle is... Michelle." Maggie said finally releasing her death grip around me and pulling back enough to look me in the face, her copper colored irises searching my eyes. "The young lady is, adventurous, once she opens up. I shouldn't be telling you this but I know that you care for her even more deeply than you let on, but she too has some confidence issues. You realize that Penny and I have been working with her somewhat longer than we have with you. Michelle was not so... adept... at picking up so many things that you seemed to grasp instinctively from the beginning. The kissing exercise you participated in with Michelle meant far more to her than you can imagine Jim. She looks at you as almost untouchable." Maggie said softly with a smile.

"Untouchable?" I asked with a worried expression, wondering if that was as bad as it sounded. Maggie must have noted the look of concern on my face as she raised her left hand up to place her fingers on my lips to hush me.

"Not in a bad way, I mean she thought she was not good enough for you. Not pretty enough, not interesting enough, not capable of... keeping your attention." Penny and both have tried to dissuade her of these silly notions but when you agreed to participate in the exercise and... well... did what you do naturally... we knew we had made the right decision to ask you for your help." Maggie smiled again and leaned in to kiss me on the cheek. I just sat there dumbfounded, my own brows knitted in confusion and my jaw hanging open. Maggie chuckled and tipped a finger under my jaw and pushed up closing my mouth before moving her lips to mine and giving me a long soft sensual kiss as if to emphasize what she was saying. Of course I responded in kind. I can't help myself, when a woman kisses me in most any kind of way at all I get lost in the moment and my body responds. It responds in a variety of ways. My lips of course immediately return the attention being given to them, my heart speeds up, my temperature rises and so does a certain part of my anatomy. This did not escape Maggie's attention but unlike earlier it was not something that was going to be addressed, well... to completion anyway. Drawing back slightly Maggie gave me that wry grin of hers and bit her lower lip as she slipped her right hand over the head of my reawakening erection and softly stroked the length up and down a few times.

"Jim, I'm flattered but I don't think I should... indulge... any further today. I'm not trying to be a tease so please don't take it that way." She pouted for a moment before shaking her head and releasing me to stand up and gather her robe from the floor. I continued to sit there with my hands on the bedspread on either side of me as I watched her distractedly slip her arms into her robe and pull it closed and tie the sash. Maggie ran her hands back through her gossamer cloud of raven hair and pulled it back into a pony tail which she then twisted into a coil. I realized that she was putting her hair back into a bun and remembered her pins that I had withdrawn earlier. I reached up by the pillows and collected them before holding them out to her. Maggie noticed them in my hand and smiled in thanks to me as she took them and positioned and inserted them into her bun securing it. That done she bent over and picked up my tee shirt, and briefs and jeans and set them on the bed before bringing both hands to her face and covering her eyes and nose and mouth as if to play peek a boo. I knew she was gathering herself slipping back into her normal persona. I slipped on my briefs and tee shirt and was stepping into my jeans when she removed her hands and turned and sat on the edge of the bed again folding her hands in her lap. She watched me silently as I buttoned my jeans and buckled my belt before slipping first one foot into a shoe and then the other. Maggie looked up at me and smiled then patted the bed beside her indicating I should sit again.

"Darling, I know I already said thank you but I really want to impress on you how much this meant to me. I didn't even realize it myself until it was... over." She smiled somewhat uncertainly as she searched my eyes for understanding.

"Maggie," I began as I reached out and took one of her hands in both of mine. "I came here to mow a yard for a friend. Then I met Penny and yourself. You made me an offer to teach me things that I so desperately needed to... wanted to know. I remembered you from your typing class so many years ago. I had in my mind an image of you from then. It clashed somewhat from what I saw of you here when I met you again, not knowing you were that woman, my former teacher. I think you know that was evident when you met me at your front door that time and I realized who you were. Between you and Penny I have learned so much about myself and about each of you. My entire image of you has changed so much as to not even resemble what I knew before. Before, you were... what was the word you used earlier? "Untouchable?" Never in my life would I have ever thought that I would see you again after that typing class, then not as a... um... "teacher" but as a woman. A fascinating, complex, intriguing and ..." I trailed off for a moment as I gathered my thoughts before continuing. "An attractive and sexy woman. Still though I didn't think I would ever be considered more than just a student to you. Over these past weeks and all the lessons and exercises I've learned that perhaps I was wrong. Both you and Penny have given me an entirely different perspective on so many things not the least of which is my opinion of myself. Yet, today... Well, you blew my mind again. Miss Margret Mays... She's actually a fire breathing dragon lady down under all that cool exterior that's always so calm and collected. I feel honored to have gotten a glimpse of this fascinating woman and enjoyed her attentions and favor." I smiled as I squeezed her hand in mine. Maggie looked at me as if in shock, her mouth slightly open, her eyes darting back and forth between both of mine. I winked and said. "Don't worry though, your secret is safe with me. I'll never let on that I know Miss Maggie has fire in her heart, or say anything about it." Maggie closed her mouth then smiled that knowing smile and tilted her head slightly to one side and batted her eyes at me, before standing up and leading me back through the apartment to the door. Before opening the door, she turned to me once more and stepped into me wrapping her arms around me and leaned her forehead to mine.

"Darling, you need to ask Michelle for her phone number. But you did not hear that from me." She said softly before tilting her head up and kissing me softly on my lips for a few moments. Pulling back she reached and opened the door and led me back through the basement to the beaded curtain and up the stairs to the landing. Hearing Penny and Michelle talking in the kitchen, she nodded her head and led me up the stairs to the living room and into the kitchen. Releasing my hand she walked around the table trailing a hand across Penny's shoulders then stood behind Michelle placing her hands on each shoulder and massaging them. I stood at the head of the table, my hands on the back of the open chair watching Maggie and Michelle. Michelle looked flustered and uncertain, she darted glances at me and at Penny but remained silent. Penny looked at me for a few moments cocking her head slightly with a questioning look in her eyes as she searched mine. Then she glanced at Maggie and a smile slowly grew on her adorable face and she looked back at me with a sly grin and winked before turning back to Michelle.

"Michelle darling, be sure and think about what we discussed earlier and if you can try practicing... more if the opportunity should present itself." Maggie spoke softly in her teacher's voice. Michelle looked at her and nodded in agreement, the bit her lower lip and looked up at Maggie in a silent plea. Maggie smiled warmly even as she raised her left hand up to her neck and raised the collar of her robe up slightly to cover the edge of the hickey there, and winked at Michelle and patted her shoulder with her right hand before walking back around the table to me and rubbing my right forearm.

"We will see both of you tomorrow morning of course. Yes?" Maggie said as if it were a statement rather than a question. I nodded and smiled at Penny and Michelle before I looked at Maggie.

"Of course, but unfortunately it's time for me to head off to work at Dom's. It's time to make and deliver some pizzas. There are a lot of hungry people out there." I lamented a bit. Michelle stood up too, I noticed that she was in her street clothes rather than a skirt and blouse.

"I've got to be going too." She said as Penny stood as well and we all walked to the stairs and down to the landing. Maggie took my hand in hers and squeezed it silently thanking me again and nodding as a hint towards Michelle. With her other hand she slipped a pen into my hand as further reminder. Penny was busy hugging Michelle and chattering away about practicing what they had talked about earlier. My mind was abuzz wondering just what that might have been considering the sounds I had been hearing earlier. But then, Penny is Penny, I just smiled knowing that I'm sure it was interesting. Penny then released Michelle and Maggie and Michelle were hugging one another if somewhat awkwardly at first as Penny swept me up into her arms and squeezed me tightly, her face alight with her big blue eyes shining with mirth and her bottom lip being bitten to keep from saying anything. But Penny wouldn't be Penny if she didn't say something, she just couldn't help herself so she pulled me in tight and whispered into my ear. "Thank you darling, more than you know." She squeezed on my butt cheeks and released me grinning slyly. With that done she opened the door and I pushed out the storm door and held it for Michelle as she came out of the house. I walked with her to her car holding Maggie's pen in my hand trying to figure out how to ask her for her phone number. I couldn't see them but I sensed Maggie and Penny's eyes on us watching to see what would unfold. At Michelle's car she turned to me rubbing her arms and biting her lip as she too was trying to think of something to say. We looked at one another in the eyes for several heart beats before we both started to chuckle at the awkwardness of the situation. I guess that was what did it, it broke the ice so to speak. I smiled at Michelle and went for it.

"Michelle... do you think that... you could give me your phone number... so I can call you some time? I mean... If you wouldn't mind my calling you that is... I mean I would understand if you didn't want to give it out or..." I stammered like an idiot. Michelle's eyes lit up and she reached and snatched the pen out of my hand and felt her pockets for a scrap of paper. Not finding any she looked up at me then reached out and grabbed my right hand and pulled it to her turning the palm up. She wrote her phone number onto the palm of my hand then put the pen in my hand and folded my fingers closed over it and the number. I swallowed and looked into her face again to see her smiling shyly too and she winked at me before turning and opening her car door and climbing in. I stood there like a dummy smiling goofily as she started her car and drove off waving with one hand. I looked back down at my hand and opened it seeing the number and smiled again before snapping out of it and glancing back to the house and I'm not sure but I think I saw a curtain beside the front door fall back into place. Maybe I was imagining it I don't know. I grinned some more and climbed into my truck and headed to work at Dom's. Before I went at the shop and changed my clothes though, I pulled the card that had Maggie and Penny's phone number on it out of my wallet and copied the number Michelle had written onto my palm onto the other side of that card and put it back in my wallet.

I don't remember too much detail about that night other than I was just giddy all night. I felt like I was walking on air and I could not wipe the smile off of my face if I tried. All the girls in the shop noticed it and I got all kinds of funny looks, mostly just curious but all seemed to be equally happy even if they didn't know why I was so happy. Of course Jules took notice and though she didn't badger me, much, during the dinner rush, I knew I was going to get grilled when things slowed down. She just knew me too well to let it slide without further investigation and explanation.

As neither Jules nor myself were scheduled to close that night, we both got clocked out and sent home not long after the dinner rush was over. As I was being checked out, matching my moneys collected with my delivery totals, Jules caught me looking at the business card I had written Michelle's phone number on earlier that afternoon.

"Hey now! You finally got Michelle's phone number! Is that why you've been stumbling around grinning like an idiot all night?" Jules asked with a grin on her face. Stunned that she knew who's number it was I snapped around and looked over my shoulder with shock written all over my face I'm sure.

"How... How did you know whose number it was?" I stammered.

"Duh! Michelle has a roommate, a friend of mine... and I call Michelle about yard work too." Jules explained to the idiot in the room.

"Oh yeah..." I said realizing the obvious. "I had forgotten that." I went on as I put the card back in my wallet and turned back to the assistant manager who was cashing me out. She was looking at me grinning from ear to ear because now she too knew why I had been so goofy and lost all night. She looked over my shoulder at Jules and winked before chuckling and pecking away at her calculator running totals again.

"That must have been a hell of a kiss the other day..." Jules said conversationally as if she were talking about the weather or something. I snapped my head around again almost giving myself whiplash to stare at her my mouth agape as my mind raced trying to conceive of how Jules even knew about that. She stood there leaning against the wall her arms crossed smiling at me with that mischievous knowing grin with one single eyebrow arched as if inviting me to ask. 'Yeah' my mind fed me, 'Girls talk...'

"Did she tell you about it?" I asked in a quiet almost pleading voice as I was not so sure I wanted to hear how Michelle might have described it, the kissing. Jules snorted and rolled her eyes and chuckled a bit.

"No, she didn't tell me but Sam says she hasn't shut up about it for the last day or so, it's all she talks about! You must have rocked her world Jimbo!" Jules giggled as much as seeing me blush bright red as the thought of Michelle dreamily recounting the event to her roomy Sam... Samantha... Jules' 'buddy'... one of her girlfriends.

"Um... I'm not at liberty to talk about that, she wasn't supposed to either though as it was... well... you know, discretion and all..." I said quietly wondering if I had said too much already. The odd thing was Jules suddenly went quiet and, well... almost paled. If I had bothered to look I might have seen the smoke coming out of her hears from the gears turning at double speed in her mind as she rehashed what I had said and what she had heard from Michelle by way of Sam. I was finished getting cashed out but was waiting on a pizza I had ordered for my dinner on my drive home. As I walked to the front of the shop I head Jules call me from the desk as she was getting cashed out.

"Hey Jim! Wait for me outside before you leave... okay bud?" She asked in a curious voice that almost sounded worried. I told her I would.

I was sitting on my tailgate eating a slice of pizza and sipping a Pepsi, my legs dangling and kicking absent mindedly as I ate when Jules came out and joined me. I offered her some pizza and she just shook her head and sat on the other side of the tailgate, her hands gripping the edge on either side of her legs as she sat leaning forward a bit, her head hanging down lost in thought. Curious but knowing that she would speak in her own time I took another bite and waited. I guess she couldn't get her thoughts to line up or come up with the conclusion she was looking for as her head kept tilting first to one side then to the other as she thought. Finally she slumped her shoulders and half turned her head giving me a sidelong glance.

"Jimbo... Jim... I know the rules and I'm not going to ask you anything that would make you feel awkward about talking if you don't wish to answer I can understand. When Sam told me that Michelle had been going on and on about being kissed by "him" I knew she was talking about you. I thought that you finally had manned up and got her number and the two of you had got together sometime or somewhere. I felt good for you bud, really. But what you just said earlier threw me for a loop! You made it sound like... that Maggie and Penny had something to do with it." She spoke in a soft quiet voice that was only barely more than a whisper as if she were afraid of anyone overhearing our conversation. I almost choked on the last bite that I swallowed thinking that maybe I had said too much and overstepped my promise of discretion. I took a sip of Pepsi to wash down the bite and clear my throat. I was about to try to say something when Jules began again.

"I've had some lessons and exercises myself but I've never heard of the ladies ever putting two students together for anything... ever..." Jules said almost in awe as if she could hardly even believe the possibility that that was what had happened. "God Damn! I want to know more about this but there is NO WAY I can ask Penny or Maggie about it... That would lead them back to you or Michelle..." Jules spat out frustrated by her own logic. Again I gulped seeing her reasoning and in no way did I want Michelle to get into trouble with the ladies.

123456...8