Being Jim Ch. 06: Lessons of Life Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You spoke with Michelle?" Maggie asked bluntly.

"Yes, she told me that her parents were having a barbecue today and she was asked to be there because of visiting relatives." I answered. Maggie's brows knitted as she looked at me over the top of her half framed glasses and tilted her head ever so slightly to one side as if puzzled by my reply.

"Oh, yes. Well that's not what I meant to ask about." Maggie clarified as she shook her head as if to shoo away an errant thought before beginning again. "No darling, I meant about... yesterday." She corrected as she crossed her arms over her chest, one hand still holding the magazine.

"No, she didn't say anything about that. Was she supposed to have?" I asked wondering what this was all about and remembering what Penny had said in the kitchen earlier. "Maggie, I haven't told anyone about... yesterday... how would she know to ask anything about that? Unless... you mean about something that happened between her and you, or Penny..." I spoke guessing that she was thinking about something prior to my arrival at the house yesterday. At mention of this Maggie pursed her lips and averted her gaze and absently nodded ever so slightly.

"Yes, well... yesterday was something of an anomaly in many ways." Maggie intoned as if talking to herself before once more locking those coppery amber eyes on mine and smiling ever so faintly. "I was not the only one to get a little carried away during an exercise. That is something I will have to strive not to allow to happen again. I'm afraid between yourself and our young Michelle both Penny and I have been somewhat remiss in our concentration and... delivery of your lessons. In many ways the two of you are very similar but you each have your own specific needs for attention in our instruction." Maggie smirked and brought the fingers of her right hand to her forehead and shook her head resignedly and sighed. "You see? There I go again. I'm speaking to you of things that I should not divulge to anyone else other than Penny. Damn it! I'm sorry Jim. I'm afraid that my mind is a bit addled today." She spoke as she brought her hand down from her forehead to loosely cover her mouth and chin, her thumb resting parallel to her jaw line in a pensive pose.

"Maggie, I can come back another day if you don't feel up to any lessons today." I offered bowing my head slightly to make full contact with her eyes again. She looked into my eyes and hers softened as she dropped her hand from her face and reached out to grip my left shoulder and give me a squeeze, the soft smile on her face making her look almost apologetic.

"Always the gentleman aren't you young man?" Maggie asked and blinked her eyes slowly before tilting her head back a bit and locking me with that all too familiar fiery gaze I recognize from days gone by, even typing class years ago. Maggie was now in teaching mode and in control again. "Thank you for your concern but I think I will be able to continue with our lessons today. Now, where to begin?" She asked herself as much as me.

Maggie reviewed several exercises that she and Penny had worked with me on over the past few weeks. She also alluded to in a roundabout way both the recent exercise with Penny concerning touch, and taste, and kissing a woman all over her body. I couldn't help but think that perhaps that was being taught to Michelle yesterday and she got carried away leaving hickeys all over Maggie. Apparently Maggie had similar thoughts as she unconsciously reached up and put a hand on the still visible hickey on her neck just barely peeking out beneath the collar of her robe. Maggie went on to caution me against being too hasty and to bridle my enthusiasm when applying kisses to softer areas of a woman's body.

"It is always best to start slowly and be gentle, even when being playful. I really don't think I have to tell you that but I'd be remiss if I didn't cover it, if only as a precaution." Maggie spoke almost as if reading from a textbook.

"I think I like going slowly actually." I offered feeling my face begin to warm with the blood rushing into my skin as once again I began to blush. Maggie tilted her head slightly and gave me a wry grin for a heartbeat or two before patting the bed beside her. I could only assume that she wanted me to reposition myself to sit side by side with her at the headboard. I stood and took two steps towards the head of the bed and turned to back myself onto the bed and settled into a sitting position next to Maggie. I sat with my hands folded together in my lap, my right shoulder to her left though an inch or so taller in this sitting position. Maggie reached over and covered my hands with her left hand and gave me a gentle squeeze.

"The level of urgency or... need... between two people will determine the speed for their... affections for one another." Maggie advised. "You'll find times that going slowly will be unsatisfactory, for one or both parties. Yet, I think you will find that yes, going slowly at least in the beginning is far more enjoyable. Especially if one is looking to savor the time together and or each other's particular flavors and attributes." Maggie spoke this last softly almost as if in a dreamlike state, her eyes seemed to be seeing something in the distance, or perhaps another time or place. I knew that she would come back to here and now so I simply waited. "Darling, there will be times that your partner may be afraid or hesitant even when they are willing. Remember all that we've taught you so far, and all that you already know. Allow them the time they need to feel comfortable." Maggie said as she refocused on my face and smiled softly, almost motherly I thought.

It was evident that Maggie had a great deal on her mind today but she was still trying to get a point across to me and I was determined to pick it up. I wanted to understand even if I had to wait it out. If I had learned nothing else from these two women it was that patience was indeed a virtue and if I had enough of it I would indeed learn a very important lesson.

"You may find that it's necessary to slow down even further sometimes, maybe even stop all together and take a break or do something ordinary to just reset your mind." Maggie relayed in that teacher's voice.

"What exactly do you mean my 'ordinary'?" I asked wondering what she was trying to get across to me.

"Something far removed from sex or making love, something that you wouldn't associate with them in your mind, like for instance brushing your teeth, or making a cup of coffee perhaps. In fact, why don't you try that now, go brush your teeth and then go to the kitchen and see if Penny has a kettle hot or has some coffee already made. Bring me a cup of coffee if she has any made." Maggie instructed and then picked her magazine back up and began reading again. Puzzled by this particular exercise I excused myself and slid off the edge of the bed and made my way to the bathroom down the hall. After brushing my teeth I rinsed my brush and then went to the kitchen to discover Penny seated at the table reading some papers, a pen in one hand idly tapping it against the side of her cheek. She looked up as I entered the kitchen and smiled, as one eyebrow rose questioningly.

"Penny, do you have any coffee made up? Maggie asked me to bring her a cup if you did." I told her as I stood behind the chair at the end of the table to her left, both of my hands on the backrest as if to steady myself.

"Why yes I do have a pot made, I'll pour you a cup to take to her. Are you okay Jim? You seem a little perplexed." She inquired as she stood and gathered a cup from the cupboard then poured the cup about three quarters full of coffee. She added a splash of cream and stirred the cup leaving the spoon in it before handing it to me.

"I'm fine, I guess. I'm just trying to figure out what this exercise is about. I'm sure it'll come to me though. Thank you Miss Penny." I said with a soft smile as I headed back down the hall to Maggie's room.

I handed the cup of coffee to Maggie and sat gingerly on the side of the bed facing her with my left leg pulled up under me to better face her. Maggie thanked me for the coffee and took a hesitant sip to taste. She looked up at me before she even pulled her lips away from the brim and smiled knowingly.

"Penny poured the coffee didn't she?" She asked before going on. "There's cream in it, she always adds cream to my coffee." She then took another sip and closed her eyes while holding the cup in both hands.

"So brushing my teeth and fetching coffee was to reset my mind?" I asked hesitantly trying to put this puzzle together. "Or was it to reset your mind?" I asked. Maggie opened her eyes and gave me a half grin and squinted her eyes a little.

"Clever man..." She intoned without elaborating any further as she enjoyed her coffee. I sat patiently watching her intently knowing that she was fully aware of my scrutiny but ignoring it, mostly. When her cup was halfway empty, perhaps a little more, she leaned to her right and placed the cup and spoon on her night stand on that side. Sitting back again she picked up her magazine but didn't open it, rather she folded both hands over it in her lap and tilted her head slightly and looked at me. "Darling, one of the best gifts you can give to anyone is understanding, allowing them their own time to do or feel or whatever. You have proven yourself to be a very patient and considerate young man time and time again, but there will be times that even you will be tested. You must be able to cope with these tribulations and setbacks. Always remember your foundations, be open and understanding to her needs, even when she's not communicating them to you, or at least speaking of them. Your past exercises have given you some tools to work with. Learn what is the problem or the trouble. You will know what to do." Maggie said again in that cryptic tone as she once more gazed off into the distance.

"I've always been a pretty good listener..."I offered and reached out with my left hand and softly stroked Maggie's left forearm between her hand and the sleeve of her robe. Maggie raised her eyes to mine once more and her mouth twitched ever so slightly at one corner as if she were trying not to smile.

"Ah, but first you must get her to talk, what if she can't or doesn't want to talk about what's bothering her?" Maggie asked pursing her lips and patting my left hand with her right. Confounded for a moment I too pursed my lips and thought about all the lessons and exercises that Maggie and Penny had given me. I knew that a great many of these exercises were to teach me how to listen, how to communicate with girls, or anyone for that matter. I could learn more about them by every day conversation often than direct questioning. Even something as simple as the weather could be an ice breaker.

"So I find something... safe... to talk about..." I mumbled almost inaudibly. "You know, there might only be another week or so that your yard will need to be mowed this year, it had almost not needed to be mowed today really." I stated matter of factly. Maggie's head tilted ever so slightly as if wondering where I was going with this statement. "Jules hasn't told me exactly when she wants to start this painting job that you requested of her. Have you spoken to her about it recently?" I asked. Maggie let one eyebrow rise up as she studied my face.

"As a matter of fact we did speak last night about it. She was planning on talking to you and Michelle about it this weekend. I'm not sure exactly what she was going to tell the two of you but it will probably be about moving furniture and covering up with drop cloths before the painting will take place." Maggie informed me as if it were trivial and somewhat distracting. Which in essence was what I was intending with the question in the first place.

"At first glance it looks to be a big job, all this painting, but I have a feeling that the actual painting will not be as time consuming as the prep work." I spoke as if thinking out loud, directing my own sight away from Maggie's curious glance. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Maggie's lips purse and her brows knit as she nodded absently. "You know, between the prep work, the actual painting, then letting the paint dry and then lastly moving everything back to where you want it, some parts of the house will be out of service for a while." I stated looking up at Maggie's face. She held my gaze trying to read my thoughts and intentions.

"Yes, this could be an inconvenience for a brief time." She admitted. "But as you are aware, sometimes it's not so much the setting that is necessary for lessons and... exercises... that is important, but rather the participation and dedication of the principles involved." Maggie expanded slipping into her teacher's voice once more.

"Of course, of course..." I agreed softly, nodding my head in the affirmative. "But familiarity does put one at ease, especially when dealing with sensitive matters." I added somewhat reverently. Maggie almost slipped and let the grin that nearly sprang to her lips show before she stifled it and nodded her head sagely.

"Yes this is true, but then it can be said that familiarity can often breed contempt. In this case I would of course mean a lapse in concentration on the part of the student I'm afraid." She said slowly blinking her eyes and waiting for me to comment on that line of reasoning.

"So, unfamiliar settings and... events... can be distracting?" I asked as I locked my eyes on Maggie's molten copper irises knowing I was getting close to the quick now. Maggie's eyes locked on mine and she finally let a small almost timid smile begin to spread on those wide thin lips.

"Young man, you are toying with me... again... very clever indeed." She all but purred, her right hand gripping my left at the wrist. "Would you allow me a moment or two to think? By myself?" She asked, bowing her head ever so slightly. "And if you would, please return this cup to the kitchen for me... and stop by the bathroom and, brush your teeth, again." She smiled sweetly and blinked her eyes a couple of times. "Arrrggh!" I thought silently before I nodded and held out my hand to receive the cup she had retrieved from the night stand. Sliding off the bed once more I headed down the hall. I stopped at the bathroom and used the facilities and then washed my hands and again brushed my teeth. When that was done I took the cup and spoon to the kitchen.

Upon entering the kitchen Penny looked up from her papers and tilted her head quizzically and batted her bright blue eyes before smiling sweetly. "Darling, you look absolutely pensive. Is everything okay?" She asked. I set the cup and spoon in the sink and turned and leaned back against it crossing my feet at the ankles and my arms over my chest. I looked down at the floor for a moment then back up at Penny's smiling face. The smile was on her lips but not in her eyes. I hadn't caught that before but now it hit me almost like a slap in the face. Why would Penny be forcing a smile? Curious indeed. I shrugged my shoulders and told her that Maggie had given me a lot to think about and while I knew she was driving a point somehow I still hadn't figured out exactly what it was yet, though I had some suspicions. I told her that these breaks and brushing my teeth were odd but I was playing along. At this Penny winked and went back to her papers. I sighed silently and made my way back to Maggie's room.

When I entered Maggie's room this time I found her still sitting near the headboard propped up with pillows but this time she was reclining on her left side. Her head propped on her left hand, her elbow in a pillow. Maggie looked up as I stepped nearer the bed and patted the bed in front of her motioning for me to join her again. Seeing as she was reclining I chose to mirror her positioning and laid down on my right side, propping my head in my right hand so that I could be face to face with Maggie. Once I was settled onto the bed Maggie brought her right foot over and idly ran her stockinged covered leg slowly up my left shin. Her arm was at her side with her right hand draped over her robe at the hip. The red polish on her fingernails shined as if they were still wet.

"There's a fine line between patience... and being overly timid." Maggie spoke almost in a whisper as her eyes watched mine carefully. "Not that patience in and of itself is not admirable, it is something that is difficult to teach to anyone not predisposed to it. However, for someone not used to dealing with a patient person it can be confusing. It plays all too easily into a person's insecurities and fears. The seeming lack of interest or response makes them wonder if they are doing something wrong or perhaps that their partner is losing interest or simply not attracted to them." Maggie lifted her right hand from her hip and ran the tip of her index finger slowly up my left arm from the wrist to sleeve of my tee shirt. Her half lidded eyes watched my every reaction. Even though she had not asked a question I had the distinct impression she was waiting for some sort of response.

"So it's a delicate balance between being patient and being attentive. One should be a little aggressive, but not forceful." I stated almost making it sound like a question... indicating that I would like some sort of confirmation from Maggie. I got it non verbally from the smile that appeared on her lips.

"Very good. Very good indeed. I hope you are as able to read your partners in the future as you are able to understand what we are trying to teach you. You will find that the more insecure a person is the more likely you will be to get... mixed signals from them. The more reassurance they need, then the more obvious is their insecurity. Just rely on your foundations. Build on them. Trust your instincts." Maggie reiterated in her teacher's voice but with a slight smile on her lips.

"And remember my lessons..." I spoke softly letting my eyes bore into Maggie's coppery irises. "...be a little bold..." I added as I reached out with my left hand and slipped it behind Maggie's head to the back of her neck, gently pulling her closer to me. Our heads tilting ever so slightly as our noses barely touched before our lips made contact. Soft pliant and moist they gently massaged each other. Sensual pecking and pursing a timid nibble with eyes half closed and breathing all but stopped. I loosened the pull of my hand so that we could separate a bit, one eye becoming two again as we both opened and looked into one another searching. I felt Maggie's right hand or her fingers anyway slowly stroking my left cheek and jaw, sliding just under my chin with a light affectionate touch.

"Daring, like patience will be rewarded." Maggie purred as her wide thin lips curled up at the corners with an almost feral grin. Those copper colored eyes taking on a heated gleam.

"Rewards, that's good to know, but not everything is about rewards." I said matching Maggie's grin. "Sometimes it's just about need or... hunger." I added. Maggie tilted her head quizzically her brows knitting.

"Hunger?" She asked.

"Hunger, a growing need, verging on... addiction perhaps." I continued giving just a hint of an explanation. I pulled her close and our lips met again. Softly at first but giving way slowly to more heated lip play. Maggie's tongue was the first to breach the lips, hers and then mine. Soon though, both of our tongues were dueling in that lingual dance of passion, our breathing getting ragged and quickening. Maggie's right hand was now clasping my tee shirt on my chest pulling me into her as much as my hand was pulling her head towards me. I felt Maggie's stocking covered right foot again sliding up and down my legs.

I released Maggie's head from my left hand and brought my hand back between us I fumbled around until I found the sash belt tied about her to keep her robe closed. In moments I had it loosened and parted. I found the edge of the robe and slowly pulled it open, pulling the robe to Maggie's right hip. A slight gasp was the only acknowledgement Maggie made of my efforts with the robe. From her hip, I let my left hand lightly glide across the now bare skin of her right side to her chest, just under her breasts. Just my fingertips grazed the surface of her skin teasing the downy soft all but invisible hairs causing Maggie to shiver involuntarily. A tiny gasp paused her lips and tongue for a heartbeat as the backs of my fingers brushed lightly along the underside of her right breast before my hand slid farther down her torso. My middle finger circled her naval as Maggie's belly rippled reflexively. Downward my hand explored as I let my lips drift from hers to her jaw line eventually reaching the soft spot on her neck just beneath her right ear. The fingers of my right hand were idly massaging the back of Maggie's neck while supporting the weight of her head as I nuzzled the right side of her neck. Maggie pulled back to search my face the moment the fingers of my left hand brushed through that silky dense tuft of hair nestled above her plum. As my middle finger bumped that single pearl at the top her lips parted as she inhaled in a sharp little gasp. Maggie's eyes narrowed as I gazed at her with a straight face save for a single arched eyebrow. Again my finger nudged that single pearl, rewarding me with yet another slight gasp from Maggie and her right hand twisting my tee shirt in her grip. Taking a chance I slid my left hand down further, the pearl rubbed across the palm of my hand as my middle finger parted her moist outer lips. Maggie couldn't suppress a slight shudder at that most intimate contact. As she rolled slightly to her right allowing her to lie flat on the bed I took it as an unspoken invitation for my advances. Looking down at her laying there still gazing up at my face with those molten copper eyes, her dark brows knitted ever so slightly. Maggie was biting her bottom lip lightly in her teeth, her right hand still clutching my tee shirt tightly in her right hand.

1...345678