Being Neighborly Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
IJS0904
IJS0904
1,682 Followers

~~~~~{}~~~~~

The inspection went better than I expected, but that doesn't mean much. I had expected the place to fall down and spontaneously combust at any second for years now. I did find some dangerous wiring issues and some downright nasty plumbing screw-ups. Various drawers and doors needed work and a few glaringly obvious finish carpentry errors needed to be fixed. By far the worst issue was the support column in the basement that some dumbass had cut a notch into to make room for a shelf. The notch was halfway through the column, dramatically weakening it. That was the number one priority. I made an extensive list, then prioritized it before I sat down with Tammy to go over it. She read through the list and turned pale, "I can't afford any of this."

I patted her hand, "Relax Tammy, I've got you. There isn't a thing on this list that I can't handle given a little time."

She shook her head, "I appreciate you trying to help, but this is too much. I can't even pay for the materials you have listed here. Not even close."

She was looking down at the list, but I could see that she wasn't reading it. Her eyes were full of tears and it nearly broke my heart, "Tammy, I will do the work and be happy doing it. I'll keep track of the materials if that's important to you. You can pay us back when things get better. This little bit of money won't hurt us at all. Liz and I will be just fine. You'll be saving my life actually."

That got her attention, "Huh?"

I gave her a little smile, "Absolutely. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't lend you a hand. I'm sure you'd do the same for me in a heartbeat."

I didn't give her the chance to argue further. I stood and laid my hand gently on her shoulder, "Let me do my thing. I'm going to the lumber supply and get what I need for phase one. I'll get started right after lunch."

I dropped by the house and went over everything with Liz. She went with me to help and proved invaluable. There were certain things that had a decorative element to them and I didn't have a clue as to what to get. Liz took pictures and texted back and forth with Tammy until we had what we needed. The afternoon was productive and I managed to knock out the replacement column and most of the electrical.

A week later I was finishing up for the day and found Tammy in the dining room reading something on her laptop, "Hey Tammy, I'm about done for the day. Would you get that permission slip we need?"

She hopped up and went looking. Liz and I needed the slip so we could take Tess to and from school. Tammy's working hours had created a huge conflict with school hours. Liz had offered to watch Tess before and after school during the week and that would take a huge load off Tammy's back. While she went looking for the form I did a little snooping.

I was curious about what she was reading. As an avid reader myself, I'm always looking for something new and interesting, and boy did I find it! I recognized the Literotica screen right away. Hmm, somebody likes a little erotica. What's this? I recognize that... HOLY FUCK! That's my story! Well now, isn't that interesting?

I quickly clicked on her favorites tab, Yes, she has me as a favorite. OK, what's her user ID? Ooh, there it is. I quickly scrolled back to the paragraph she was reading and hoped that she wouldn't notice if it was off by a line or two. I moseyed back around the table just as I heard her coming down the hall. I pulled out my phone and made a quick note of her user ID. I was super excited and couldn't wait to check out her favorite authors and stories.

The epiphany hit me at that moment. I could write a story about my new hot neighbor! That might be a great idea or an extremely bad idea. I would definitely have to think about it. First I needed to see what kinds of erotica she liked, then talk it over with Liz before I got in too big of a hurry.

I found the situation to be extremely enticing, but not so much that I wanted to risk damaging Tammy in any way. I certainly didn't want her thinking that the man she allowed around her daughter was some sneaky pervert, even though that's pretty much what I am. I just happen to be a kind, generous, and caring sneaky pervert. If I did come up with a plan it would be intended to make her life better in some small way.

Tammy handed me the permission slip and her hand accidentally touched mine. I felt the tingle from her touch and immediately felt guilty as hell. This poor woman has gone through relationship hell and I'm thinking of ways to what? Excite her? Even seduce her? What the fuck am I thinking. Bad idea, bad timing, bad pervert! Stop it! That's exactly what I did. Well, I was still going to check out her favorites. I couldn't see any harm in that.

I set the permission slip on the island in the kitchen and made my way to a well-deserved shower. I was washing and mulling over my discovery when I felt a cold blast of air. I looked around to see my lovely wife entering the shower with me. She took over washing me and I most certainly let her, "That feels wonderful, babe. You'll never guess what little gem of information I found out this evening."

Liz doesn't play that game, "Your right so, go ahead and tell me."

Her hands had found their way to my quickly hardening cock, "Tammy likes to read erotic stories. She left her laptop open while she got the permission form. The form is on the island by the way. When she walked off I snooped. She had a Literotica story up on the screen and it was one of mine! Can you believe it?"

Her grip tightened on my cock, "Please tell me you haven't done anything with that knowledge."

I kissed her lightly on the lips, "Oh, I had some of my usual thoughts, but I won't do a thing. I can't imagine a scenario where anything I might do would be appreciated. The potential for disaster is huge and I won't take a chance on alienating Tammy or little Tessy."

Her grip loosened a bit and her hand slowly stroked me, "Good little pervert. I knew you'd do the right thing, but I still had to ask."

She was really getting to me, "Uhm, Oh that's good... You just keep asking sweetheart. Keep me grounded because you know where my mind goes sometimes. I believe my cock is as clean as it is going to get."

I grabbed her and pulled her against me, then laid one hell of a lip-lock on her. We managed to dry off for the most part before we raced to bed.

~~~~~{}~~~~~

Who knows how things would have turned out were it not for two important moments, It could be argued that both were likely to happen anyway but I think both were pivotal. The kind of moments that led to some risky and adventurous possibilities.

Neither moment was all that noticeable at the time. After the fact, it became pretty obvious. The first was the moment that Liz met Tammy's ex-husband Jeff. It was a perfectly innocent introduction. Tammy had brought him by our house on Sunday after he returned Tessy from her weekend stay with him. It was important that they meet since he would be picking up Tessy for his weekends with her from our house. His work hours allowed him to pick up Tessy a few hours before Tammy was able to leave work. It made life easier for everybody if he could just pick her up early from our house.

The second was the first time that Tammy stepped into my shop. I had some stuff to carry back to the shop and she gave me a hand with it. We left Jeff and Liz with Tessy and walked over to the shop. I think she was a bit surprised when she walked in. Of course, there were several tons of equipment that I was sure she had no clue about or interest in. The sixty-inch flat screen kind of drew her eye at first, but then she started taking in the stuff on the walls.

Scattered between various clamp, chisel, and plane racks were various art pieces. Some were painted by my late mother and some I'd created with wood. She smiled happily when I turned on the music. Few people dedicate the time and effort that I do to audio equipment. I'm an audiophile and the sound system in my shop is as close as I'm going to get to the best. I have as much invested in sound as I do in most of the equipment in my shop.

My shop isn't just for woodworking. It's my creative center. I design and build fine furniture, but I also listen to wonderful music and write. I love to watch college football on the big screen while I tinker about and let my creative juices flow. The shop isn't just a supplemental source of income, it's the place I go to let my imagination fly. It doesn't just fill my days; it fulfills my days.

Things weren't always this way. I worked for years as a professional engineer before hanging it up. We'd paid off our debts and the rat race didn't seem worth it anymore. We'd decided not to have children and hadn't had to deal with that expense. Liz continues to work as a web designer. After we agreed that opening my shop was the thing to do, she signed a contract with her employer that allows her to work from her home office. Outside of an occasional conference, she works from home. This wasn't about us developing separate lives. This was about us simplifying our lives and focusing on each other.

Tammy was walking around and taking in the stuff on the walls as I set my armful of tools onto the outfeed table. I thought she might like to see some of the pieces I've made and walked over to my laptop. I have it connected through my receiver to the big flat screen. I have a slide show I use to give potential customers a look at my work, "Tammy, this is some of my stuff if you're interested."

Her face lit up as the crescent table I had designed around a piece of antique beveled glass appeared on the screen. She was quite taken with the piece and I was surprised that Liz hadn't shown it to her by now, "That table sits in our living room. I'm surprised Liz hasn't shown it to you."

She turned to me, "This is in your house? It's beautiful and I want to see it. Will you show it to me?"

I felt that sudden urge that I certainly didn't want to feel at that moment. Too much coffee? Beats me, but I had something I needed to do and it wasn't going to wait, "Uhm Tammy, I... uhm... Restroom!"

I trotted off to the restroom and closed the door. I settled in and was surprisingly efficient about it. I guess the fact that Tammy was waiting and I didn't get lost reading the latest tool catalog probably helped. I washed my hands and reached for the door. I opened it just a crack instead of pulling it open and walking out like a normal human being. I wanted to look at her for a while without her knowing. I wanted to see her as she is when no one is watching. She really is a very attractive woman and the idea that Liz had planted in my head was prominent in my thoughts. Pull the trigger? Yeh, I think I might like that very much.

I couldn't see how it would ever be anything more than a fantasy, but even that was very exciting. I hadn't felt this kind of thrill since my first time squeezing a girl's tit. Tammy was over at the laptop and was studying the screen closely. She'd completely forgotten that the laptop was showing on the big screen and I could easily see what she was looking at. Her neck was flushed and she was staring raptly at my Literotica home page. The list of my stories ran down the screen and at the top left was the picture of our chocolate lab that we miss so very much and IJS0904 in big letters.

The cat was truly out of the bag now. She had no idea that I knew about her reading, but she sure as hell knew now that I wrote erotic stories. She not only knew but was also a fan. I would have loved to be able to read her mind at that moment. I made some random noises before making a production out of opening the door. It didn't work.

I walked over to the laptop as Tammy fumbled with the mouse, trying, and failing to minimize the browser window. She was in a near panic and didn't realize that I was standing within inches of her, "See anything you like Tammy?"

She squealed and jumped. I did the only thing I could and started laughing my ass off. I pointed at her, "Oh my god! You should see your face! Oh, shit that's funny!"

Her expression ran the gamut from embarrassed to huffy at my laughter, until her grin appeared, "Busted. You got me so, now what?"

I just smiled and shrugged, "Nothing I guess. Did you understand what you saw?"

She nodded and my grin got bigger, "Well, isn't that interesting? I can only surmise that you are familiar with the website and extrapolate that you read erotic stories. Ergo, I have one question. Have you read any of my stories?"

The blush that lit her face was all the answer I needed, but I'd be damned if that was the only answer I was ready to settle for. She looked down at the floor for a moment then settled herself. She looked up and directly into my eyes, "Yes."

Nope, not good enough, "Oh, one or two? Maybe more?"

The corners of her mouth twitched upward as she fought a smile, "All of them."

I was ecstatic! I couldn't wait to ask her all kinds of questions. I was really curious about what she did and didn't like, and what she thought of certain characters and storylines. Before I set off for Nerdville, I needed to let her breathe. I was sure she needed some time to process this little bit of news, "I'd love to hear your thoughts one day if it doesn't make you uncomfortable."

I could see her relax and her smile was genuine, "I think I might like to do that, but I need to think about it first. What would Liz think?"

I shrugged, "I'm almost certain I know she'll be fine with it, but I'll ask her to be sure. I wouldn't dream of not telling her."

Tammy blushed again, "Oh, yeh, I guess she does need to know, doesn't she? Oh crap! What's she going to think of me?"

I chuckled, "She's going to think you're a perfectly normal human being that enjoys reading sexy stories. She's read everything I've written and quite a few other authors as well. If anything, she'll suggest some authors and stories you might like."

She looked at me with an eyebrow raised inquisitively, "You two just keep surprising me. I'm really curious about the depths of you and Liz."

I shrugged, "We're just people and like everybody else, we have our hidden depths. If we're not sharing everything with you it isn't because we don't trust you. If anything, it's because you might not be ready for the revelation." That ought to really get her curiosity going!

She shot me a smirk, "I see what you did there... and it worked. Now I have something enjoyable to look forward to. Each time I find out some new and interesting thing about my new neighbors I'm pleasantly surprised. This is so much fun!"

Her smirk had turned into an infectious smile, "I'll make some notes on your stories and we'll talk."

She winked at me and laughed at her own audacity as she walked out the door. The woman sure knew how to leave a room. I couldn't help but notice that her ass swayed nicely as she took her time strolling across the floor. If I didn't know better I would think she was showing off a little. My cock was painfully hard by the time she closed the door.

I put my tools away and meandered over to the house. I heard voices coming from the living room and walked in. Liz was sitting on the couch while Tess played on the floor. On the couch next to her, really close next to her, was Tammy's ex-husband, Jeff.

By the looks of things, he wasn't wasting any time getting to know Liz. When I walked into the room he was leaning into Liz's space pretty closely. It appeared to me that Liz wasn't minding one little bit. I can't say I blame her. Even I could see that he was the kind of guy women fantasize about.

They noticed me right away and both stood. Liz introduced him seriously, then threw me a mischievous grin when he turned away from her to shake my hand, "Hey, Dan. Tess talks about you both all the time. I really appreciate you guys being such great neighbors. Liz watching Tess really makes my life a lot easier. Plus, your wife is pretty amazing and great to talk to."

Yeh, I bet talking aint all you want to do. That's all right, I didn't expect potential lovers to out themselves in front of me. As far as he knows his seduction attempt is a secret between him and Liz, "It isn't a problem for us at all. We love having Tessy around, and Tammy too for that matter. Speaking of Tammy, she left the shop about ten minutes ago and she is probably waiting for you."

I no sooner got the words out of my mouth when I heard the back door open. Tammy came into the room and gave everyone a smile as she bent to scoop up Tess and give her a hug. She set her daughter back on her feet, "Hey Jeff, are you and Tess ready to go?"

I got a distinct impression that he would have been happy if everyone but Liz left while he kept her company. Tammy gave me a worried look over her shoulder as she turned to walk away. I winked at her and smiled. A raised eyebrow was her only response. I'm sure she was worried about the way her ex was focusing on Liz and the oddness of my response to her worried look.

As I said, I could understand Liz's attraction to the guy. On a purely physical level, he was quite the specimen. He stood around six feet tall and looked very fit. He was the epitome of a handsome and sexy black man. He was also very smooth and I could see that he was proud of his ability to attract women. I not only expected that he was often successful in his seductions but also expected that he was skilled in the sexual arts. As long as the guy didn't turn out to be a dick I could only see two reasons why Liz couldn't pull the trigger on him if she wanted.

The probability of Tammy finding out, and the whole thing affecting Tess and her negatively, was high. I wasn't about to let Liz pull the trigger until that little issue was addressed to my satisfaction. I was sure Liz felt the same way. I can't imagine she would think any other way.

Liz walked up and put her hands behind my neck. She pulled me into a sexy kiss and I let her distract me with it for a week or so before finally separating my lips from hers. I smiled gently and waited. I knew she'd talk when she was ready. It didn't take her long, "Babe, if it weren't for Tammy and Tess I'd have already pulled the trigger. He's fucking perfect. Hot looking, probably awesome in bed, and totally self-involved. There is no danger of him ever falling in love with me."

I nodded, "Yeh, I kind of figured that when I walked into the room. You know I don't have a problem with you being with him. I do have my concerns about Tammy and Tess. Tess can never know or even suspect anything. She's way too young to be expected to understand and accept something like that.

"Tammy is another matter. The man is her ex and he is her ex because he's a serial cheater. Her ex-husband screwing her new best friend might not go over that well. Not to mention the dangers brought on by his promiscuity. Even if we resolve the issues with Tammy and Tess, I'm going to insist that he provide medical clearance before anything happens between you. Agreed?"

Liz nodded, "Of course. What about Tammy?"

I thought for a minute, "You know, I think the only way forward is total honesty. She has the right to know that you want what he's selling. I think it's best that I explain the situation to her. If you explain it, she'll know it's what you want and may feel like she is being manipulated."

It was Liz's turn to be thoughtful, "I never dreamed when we agreed to this that we would have to explain our little secret to others. I guess it makes it more real, more serious. That's not a bad thing. It helps me stay focused on the possible outcomes instead of the fantasy of the moment.

"Are you sure she's ready for something like that? I don't want to push her away... Maybe this is a bad idea and I should just forget it."

IJS0904
IJS0904
1,682 Followers