All Comments on 'Believe Me Ch. 01'

by CassieOutOnALimb

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
smokytysmokytyalmost 9 years ago

Another story where the woman submits easily. I hope she has some fight in her. It's more interesting when the woman fights, and kicks the MF ass in the end. He needs to be brought down.

CherieA0221CherieA0221almost 9 years ago
Good Start!

You definitely have a great start at this story! I"m interested in where its going! The more capable the man the better in my opinion and you show this guy so far at least isn't wimpy lol !!

CassieOutOnALimbCassieOutOnALimbalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Patience...

Survival, first. I like to see a lot of struggle aswell but I also like for my stories to be very realistic. I spend months milling over the characters, giving them personality and motivations. As such, I honestly think if Jess fought too much, Gabriel would just kill her. Typically, in real life scenarios, if a kidnap victim fought too much or got too sassy, they probably wouldn't survive or have any opportunity to escape.

That being said, I still agree with you and will try to add in some more "fight" kind of scenes (as much as I can considering I've already written 6+ chapters of this story) and I value your opinion and your comment. Thank you for reading!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Intriguing

Looking forward to more...I like your style so far.

RamielionRamielionalmost 9 years ago
Lovely

Looking forward to the next chapter!

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimalmost 9 years ago
Cassie

Your comment shows you have thought about this. His is obviously very controlling but hopefully at some point he will let down his guard and she will strike.

Lovely first chapter and very much looking forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
This feels rather depressing to me

Her backstory is described in such a way that makes it seem like she'll be easy to break. If she does indeed fight back, I look forward to reading about what motivates her character development.

LadyPartsLadyPartsalmost 9 years ago
A very good start!

You can write! Your first sentence in this story was perfect I think. The opening sentence is so important and you nailed it. "Please turn on..." Shows both action and emotion.

You've done a great job illustrating who Jessica is, what's going on in her life and how she is responding to it. I know readers like to complain that the woman captured needs to fight more, but in reality we rarely fight. People are motivated to avoid pain and as long as she is avoiding pain, and feels like she has control over avoiding pain, she will follow instructions no matter how she feels about the instructions.

Don't have her magically orgasming against her will. This always ruins the story for me. I'm all for orgasms and many of them, but they have to be realistically given.

Interesting that he has revealed all that he has been doing to manipulate her life in such a way that her being taken was inevitable and unavoidable, yet also gave her something she could blame herself for. Her fight with her best friend will weigh heavily on her, thinking what if.

I look forward to the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

I see that you have Dove's Tale on your favorite list, but please don't make this story like thattttt

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Love!

Enjoying this first chapter so much! Can't wait to see where you take us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Really, really enjoying this story! My next favorite to Hispet's "The Rebellious Slave". Please continue!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great start

Well written and a great start to a good long story, almost too realistic but very compelling

NthusiasticallyNthusiasticallyover 8 years ago
Showing some intelligence for a change ...

by not gratuitously antagonizing her captor as much as most. Honestly,sometimes I don't blame the abductors; I'd like to smack a few of these mouthy characters who keep insulting their kidnappers. Some of our heroines/heroes are really REALLY slow learners who get beat waaaay more often than necessary. If someone controls whether you live or die, common sense says don't make them mad. Fake it, do whatever they want until they give you that chance to get away.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous