Believer Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Teresa said "And maybe that's why this guy went to the SBI-OER this time. They investigated the State Medical Board last time, so maybe they hope this will make the SBI-OER keep its head down and worry about the criminal complaint instead of the State Medical Board."

"That's very possible." I said. "But again, I'm more focused on the 'who' and 'why' of the actual accuser, and his ally Pencil Dick Keller. What is their motive behind this? They're not just doing it to take a one-off cheap shot. And when we add the bribery accusations against Judge Watts... I'm seeing real orchestration here."

"I have a question." said Tanya Perlman. "Why are we all here today? This is supposed to be a day off."

"I can't speak for you, Captain, or anyone else," I said, "but I want the Police Force to know that I'm here at least part of the day, having their backs while they do their jobs. We also have a good number of Auxiliary Police filling in either voluntarily or getting a stipend, and I'm going to be going around and seeing them at their jobs today."

"Yeah." said Teresa. "What he said."

"I can see who has taken over the asskissing duties today." Cindy said with a grin and a sideways look at Teresa, and earning a 'look' from her BFF.

"Don, get out of here." said Teresa. "You took a vacation day, fer cryin' out loud. Get your butt home before someone calls something in."

"And that will be enforced by the Iron Army!" Tanya added, with a sparkling gleam in her eyes.

"I know when I'm outnumbered." I said. "Okay, I'll make the rounds of the Precincts, then I'll head home... Ms. Croyle, you are not the 'Acting Commander', you are the Commander while I am gone..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Saturday, November 30th. Laura had made hotel reservations at a good hotel about 20 miles away from the Wildcat campus, and Carole and I had driven up the night before. We drove onto Campus around 8:00am, and parked at the Army ROTC Building parking lot. Having been commissioned through Wildcat Army ROTC, I was allowed to buy a season parking permit in their parking lot. On the other home dates, I 'sublet' my space to Theo and Franklin's families.

The Wildcat Campus is nestled into the hills of the area. The land slopes gently downward north-to-south, with parallel ridge lines running north-to-south along the sides. A rather large creek had run down that crevice. A large concrete drain was installed, and that creek now runs underneath the length of Wildcat Stadium. A lattice gate covered the north and south ends of the tunnel; Fraternities and (I'm sorry to say) the ROTC cadets used to be challenged to run, walk, or low-crawl the length of the tunnel north-to-south, which created huge potential for drownings to occur.

The north side of Campus held all of the older buildings, including the ROTC building, and the newer buildings were situated on the slope just to the south of the older buildings. The massive Student Center was the closest building to the Stadium that was north of it, and just north of the Student Center was the main Dining Hall. On the hillside to the east of the stadium were dorms, and to the west were Fraternity and Sorority Rows. South of the stadium were the Basketball Arena, other sports facilities, Married Housing, and the beginnings of more teaching buildings, almost a new campus in itself.

"Wow, Daddy," Carole said, "can we go in the R-O-T-C Building?"

"Well, let's see if it's unlocked." I said. Somewhat to my surprise, it was. The building was very old and had that old college building smell. There were cadets setting up the rappel lines from the second floor, which was really three stories as the ground sloped down, revealing part of the basement level. Other Cadets were going to be presenting the Colors during the National Anthem at the game, and were preparing for that.

"Wow, Daddy! Were you a soldier here?" Carole said, seeing the photos of cadets that had made it to General Officer status, including a couple from the Civil War era, the sword and scabbard that was presented to the 'Ranger of the Year', the Trigon symbol of the Opposing Force (OPFOR) that I had been a part of.

"Yes, I was a Cadet here." I replied.

"Good morning, sir." said a Cadet, who I could tell was a Senior because he had the rank of Cadet Captain. "Hello young lady. I see that you're Airborne, sir. You were in ROTC?" My khaki Tilley Hat had my Airborne wings over the Wildcat logo. Yes, I was 'mixing uniforms' improperly. You nasty Legs can just keep your mouths shut about it.

"Yes." I said, naming the year. "I was in the Military Police Corps in the Army Reserve."

"Thank you for your service, sir." said the Cadet. He offered to give us a tour, and showed us the classrooms, including the classroom from which cadets were rappelling off the outer walls of the building. Then we got a tour of the normally-closed-off basement, including the rifle range. Yep, there was an underground .22 caliber rifle range right there in the heart of the Campus, for the Marksman Teams to practice. I was surprised at how impressed Carole was with that. The Cadet told us it was not used anymore, as the ventilation system wasn't up to code anymore.

After the tour, I thanked the Cadet Captain, and we left. Carole and I headed downhill towards the Dining Hall. It was open to everyone on game day weekends, and may have been the best kept secret on Campus. They had omelettes or waffles made to order, and a buffet of breakfast foods. The only problem is there were no trays; one had to carry one's plates to the tables. I was once told that food waste went down 30% simply by taking away the trays.

"This is good food, Daddy." Carole said as we ate. "Mommy said the food wasn't very good when she was a pro-fessss-or here."

"This is a new dining hall." I said. "When I was a student here, the building was okay but it was a lot older, and they only had one line serving food. Now they have different stations where you can get different meals every day, or you can eat the same things every day."

"Jim and Ross would eat hamburgers every day." Carole said. "But I like to try new things... as long as there aren't any stringbeans." I assured Carole that by the time she got to college, she would not be required to eat stringbeans.

We went to the Student Center and found seats in the common areas where tables and chairs were set up, and television screen on the walls showed ESPN Game Day, which was at the Alabama-Auburn game, and football games. Everyone in red cheered when Coach Corso picked the Wildcats to win and complete an undefeated regular season.

Carole surprised me by attentively watching the television. I'd brought an extra iPhone that she could use in an emergency and had some games on it, but she chose to watch TV instead. Hmmm, I wondered to myself...

There were also a good number of State U. Purple Hawks fans. Their purple is about the same as Northwestern University's purple. State U.'s team was 9-2, and unlike State Tech in my home State, the Purple Hawks fans traveled well to support their team.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The game was at 2:30pm local time. Two hours beforehand, the 'Cat Walk' was held. Carole and I found a good spot near a tree that lined the walk. The Wildcat Band lined up to serenade the fans and the players. 'Mr. Wildcat' patrolled up and down the cleared roadway, taking photos with people.

Then the roars began as the Wildcat team buses came up to the end of the roadway on the main road. The players and coaches disembarked, and the 'Cat Walk' began. Jamaal Washington, looking 'GQ'-sharp in his suit and tie, easily saw me in my Tilley Hat, and came over and hugged Carole as people nearby furiously snapped photos. After he went by, people were incredulously asking "You know him?", and I replied truthfully that his cousins worked with me.

An hour before the game, Carole and I moseyed down to the Stadium. Our seats were on the east side, about 40 rows up on the 30 yard line, giving an excellent view of everything. We watched the warmups, and Carole unerringly spotted Jamaal Washington. I was watching Clarence Appletree and the powerful Wildcat offensive line. Appletree had the chance to set the Conference record for rushing yards in a season, and only needed 25 yards to reach the 2000 mark for the season.

People nearby in the stands noticed that Carole's No. 10 jersey was autographed by Jamaal Washington, leading me to give more explanations that his cousins worked with me. Small world: the man in the row in front of us recognized me, asking if I was that guy from Apple Grove they named the new lake after. I admitted it, and he said he was from Rome, which was in Fillmore County with Apple Grove. We talked about the growth of that area.

Ah, college football tradition!: the Wildcat Band marched out for the pregame medley of songs, then played the Alma Mater and the National Anthem. Unlike our visit to the Wildcats game two years before (Author's note: 'Pink Panther', Ch. 02.), Carole sang the National Anthem even louder than I did, impressing some of the folks around us.

As it was Senior Day, the twice-National-Champion Seniors were honored, in alphabetical order. "Clarence Appletree!" called out the announcer first, and the crowd roared mightily as No. 36 ran out of the tunnel and down to where his family was. The quarterback Johnson also got a huge round of applause, and I was happy that a lot of the unknown players, some of who rarely played but contributed on the Scout Team and as backups, also received good applause.

Then came the last Senior to be named: "... and Jamaaaaaalllll Washington!" the announcer announced. The crowd roared as the defending Heisman Trophy Winner came out of the tunnel of Wildcat Stadium for the last time, and received hugs from his family, which included Theo and Franklin...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

State U. came out, in silvery pants, bright white jerseys trimmed with purple numerals, and silvery white helmets (they normally wore purple helmets). They were roundly booed by the Wildcat Nation, and Carole contributed mightily to that. Then the Wildcats ran out to the cheers of 96,000 fans exhorting them to total victory over our in-State rivals.

Wildcat Freshman kicker Kevin 'Fear the Frames' Rodriguez teed the ball up, then toe met leather and we were AWN!

State U. was a good team and they came to play. It was a tough game from the beginning. Clarence Appletree was grinding out two, three, and four yard gains, but every time State U. loaded eight or nine in the box to stop him, Johnson passed to Washington for chunks of yardage. The Wildcats tight end also caught passes for needed first downs.

I was listening to the radio announcer in my earplugs. In the 2nd quarter of a 3-3 game, the announcer was rather boredly saying "... and Johnson takes the snap, hands off to Appletree up the middle... NO! Appletree turns around and flips the ball back to Johnson! Johnson fires a bomb, and IT'S JAMAAL WASHINGTON! He catches it in stride and it's an easy TOUCHDOWN WILDCATS!" The crowd's cheers were deafening. Carole was hopping up and down as she yelled and clapped.

"That was awesome, Daddy!" Carole yelled. I could barely hear her...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"It's 24-10 Wildcats, early 4th quarter." said the announcer. "Appletree has 130 yards, all tough little chunks of yardage against this stout Purple Hawks Defense. He just went over 2100 yards for the season, 80 short of the Conference record. Jamaal Washington is capping off his Senior season with ten catches for 240 yards and three touchdown, and nearly 200 of those yards are after first contact."

After an exchange of punts, the Wildcats were on their 18 yard line. "Appletree has 2125 yards for the season. And there's the handoff AND HE BREAKS A TACKLE! Appletree is running left, Jamaal Washington gives him a huge block! He's running down the sidelines, and they finally get him out of bounds at the State 7 yard line! 75 yards!"

The crowd roared as the announcer said "Ladies and gentlemen, Clarence Appletree has now rushed for two hundred and forty-five yards, giving him 2200 for the season, a new Conference record!" Teammates in the huddle were patting Appletree on the head. The next play was an option play, and as everyone collapsed on Appletree to the outside, the quarterback Johnson kept the ball and cut in for the seven yards and the touchdown. The crowd roared for Johnson as his teammates mobbed him, led by Appletree.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Less than one minute left, and the Wildcats D stopped the Purple Hawks on fourth down at the Wildcats 24 yard line, essentially ending the game. I noticed that the first string was put back into the game for these last seconds of some of their college careers. Johnson took the snap and downed the ball, and then ran to the sidelines as his substitute came on. The announcer announced Johnson's name, and the crowd roared its farewell to him.

Then the team lined up, and a lineman blatantly moved. Though there was supposed to be a 10-second runoff, the Wildcats took the timeout instead. And a special thing happened: when Clarence Appletree was substituted for, I would find out later that he'd insisted his linemen come out with him. They did, but unlike the entire season when he ran behind them, they insisted he run in front of them. The announcer announced "Ladies and gentlemen, Clarence Appletree, and his Great Wall of Wildcats!" The ovation was thunderous as the six Wildcats jogged to the sidelines, to be greeted by their teammates with hugs and high-fives.

"And the clock has started, there are 20 second left, and that'll do it." said the radio announcer. "Wait! Coach Richmond has called the Wildcats's last timeout. He's going to take Washington out of the game." Teammates in the huddle were hugging Jamaal, and even a State U. defensive back reached out and shook his hand as he began trotting to the sidelines.

"Ladies and gentlemen..." announced the stadium announcer, "... Number Ten... Jamaaaalllll Washingtonnnnnn!"

The Wildcat Band began playing the fight song as the crowd of 96,000 roared as thunderously as their lungs could roar. The first hug for him was from Appletree, then Johnson and the rest of the team hugged him and high-fived him, and he shared huge hugs with Coach Richmond and his offensive coordinator.

Carole was standing on the seat so she could see, and she and I were applauding with everyone as Jamaal came to the sidelines. She must've felt the wave of emotion in me, as she said "It's okay, Daddy. Jamaal will be great in the NFL."

"Yes he will." I said. "But just remember this moment, Fussbudget. We don't see greatness like Jamaal very often."

"I do." said Carole. "I see you every day."

Yeah, that one slapped me right in the face, and put me over the top. I just hugged my daughter and worked hard not to get emotional as the final snap was made and the clock ran down to all zeros.

Of course, the Sports Media, as corrupt as the Mainstream Media, tried to gin up trouble by asking the State U. head coach if calling that last time out wasn't a slap in State U's face. I would later see the recorded video of the coach saying: "Oh no, that was fine. I'm going to tell my players that they need to rise up to Jamaal Washington's level, so I can call a timeout at the end of the game to recognize them." The sideline reporter looked disgusted with that answer...

Part 7 - Master of Her Sea

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Monday, December 2nd, from the roof of the building at Riverside and College, with City Hall in the background. "Channel Two News has learned that the State Medical Board will be convening today to discuss the complaint filed against Dr. Laura Fredricson!"

Bettina began: "The State Medical Board has come under heavy criticism for not moving more quickly to suspend Dr. Fredricson's license to practice medicine after a whistleblower filed a complaint with the Board regarding Dr. Fredricson's participation in a surgery while still recovering from debilitating injuries. However, they will meet today to discuss the matter, and could act to suspend Dr. Fredricson's license immediately."

Bettina: "The University Ethics Board and the University President's Office issued statements regarding the referral of the complaint of Dr. Fredricson's actions to the Ethics Board, both saying that they are waiting for the results of the SBI's criminal investigation of Dr. Fredricson before making any rulings. The complainant to the Ethics Board, whose name we are not revealing due to whistleblower regulations, has demanded that Dr. Fredricson be fired from all of her positions connected to the University, including her position on Staff of University Hospital and as head of the Department of Psychology."

Bettina: "And let's go to trusted civil rights reporter Lester Holder, with more on the US Department of Justice's lawsuit against illegitimate Mayor Daniel Allgood! Lester!"

"Thats right, Bettina!" said Lester Holder as the feed switched to him, showing him with the Federal Building in the background across Courthouse Square, but not revealing that he was just fifteen feet from Bettina on the same roof of the same building.

Penis Holder: "Channel Two News has learned that during a meeting in Federal Judge K.M. Landis's Chambers over the weekend, the team of lawyers representing illegitimate White Nationalist Mayor Daniel Allgood surprised the US DOJ by totally refusing to even discuss, much less negotiate what was termed a 'very generous' plea deal arrangement, prompting a DOJ spokesperson to say that the Mayor's legal team is going 'scorched earth', forcing the DOJ to adopt the same stance."

Bettina: "Lester, why is Daniel Allgood taking this stance, when the full power of the U.S. DOJ Civil Rights Division is bearing down on him, and is sure to win the case?"

Penis Holder: "Bettina, apparently Mayor Allgood simply refuses to take responsibility for his racist actions and won't admit his racism, so the DOJ will just prove the allegations in Court."

Bettina: "Will Mayor Allgood be suspended, or forced to step down as Mayor?"

Penis Holder: "Governor Jared is also a White Nationalist and a racist, so we don't expect him to try to suspend the Mayor. And there are also legal issues, as Kelly Carnes successfully rebuffed the Governor's attempt to suspend her, and the actions against Mayor Allgood are considered a civil action, not criminal charges. There's really nothing they can do to get rid of the racist, illegitimate Mayor Daniel Allgood!"

"Thank you for that excellent insight, Lester!" said Bettina. "And now let's go to Jeff Hull with Sports, and a report on the Bulldogs game against State Tech. Jeff!"

"That's right, Bettina!" said Jeff Hull as the feed switched to him in front of the Athletic Complex on the University campus. "The Bulldogs defeated State Tech 43-35 in three overtimes, causing many Bulldogs boosters to question Coach Thrasher's ability to bring the Bulldogs back to prominence. Sports experts called the Bulldogs's effort 'half-hearted at best', and Coach Thrasher, considered a defensive expert, clearly did not have his team ready to play."

Hull: "Meanwhile, the Wildcats defeated the State U. Purple Hawks 31-10, and will go on to the Conference Championship game against the Tigers." A clip of Jamaal Washington's exit from the game was shown, with Hull saying "And Jamaal Washington, who is the cousin of Town & County ADA Franklin Washington and TCPD Detective Theo Washington, was given a huge ovation as he was taken out of the game near the end. Bulldogs fans everywhere are very glad we don't have to face him on the football field any more..."