All Comments on 'Beloved Daughter.'

by angiquesophie

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
ZachDocEightZachDocEightabout 5 years ago
Excellent word spell!

I greatly enjoyed this story. You wove your word spell and pulled me into the story. I watched along with the other women as revenge was enacted. This story is one of the highest quality and one of the few I've given a five rating. Thank you!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 5 years ago
Among the best

This is one story I knew I had to have. The brooking and heavy atmosphere made me claustrophobic, and the tale left me drained of life and helpless. It is that powerful, and that beautiful. As always, Angie works her sorcery and leaves me in awe. Thank you, Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Damn that was an amazing story

Thank you so very much

miwoodsmanmiwoodsmanabout 5 years ago
Brutal and Unflinching

And an amazing story of revenge. Thank you.

InsigniaInsigniaabout 5 years ago
A chilling cross

Of Freddy Kruger and the Witches of Eastwick. This is Old Testament vengeance with 19th century brainscaping. Just marvelous.

rogueKlyntarrogueKlyntarover 1 year ago

Some information regarding the Bacchantes:

The Ancient Greek god Dionysus, primarily the god of agriculture, especially wine, and celebration, had a Roman counterpart, Bacchus, but I'm going to use the name Dionysus because most of the stories are Greek. (By the way, Dionysus was born from his father Zeus' thigh because his mortal mother Semele was tricked by Hera, Zeus' wife (and sister, btw), into asking to see Zeus in all his glory, which killed her, but he was able to save the... embryo, I guess?) So anyway, Dionysus was a really sensitive, vindictive god, probably due to an inferiority complex since he was the youngest of the 12 main deities.

In one myth, king Pentheus of Thebes banned the cult of Dionysus. Obviously, this did not go over well with Dionysus and his worshippers. Now, due to the fact Zeus slept with practically every female (human and otherwise) he looked at (there are literally over 50 figures in mythology said to be his children), Dionysus happened to be Pentheus' cousin, but this did not stop Dionysus from sending the women among his worshippers (called Maenads in Greek myth) into a semi-ecstatic, semi-insane frenzy. This included Pentheus' mother Agave, who was made to believe that she was seeing not her son, but rather a lion. So she ripped the lion's head off (divine influence, that's a good way to explain anything in these myths).

In another myth, Orpheus (if you don't know who he is, look it up) was just returning from the underworld after screwing up his only chance to get his dead girl back, so he was pretty upset. So in wallowing in his despondence, he ignored the maenads that were partying nearby. This made them upset, and they ripped his head off and threw it in a river. Supposedly the head became an oracle.

So really nice guy as long as you don't upset him. This was pretty much how you had to deal with all the gods.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userangiquesophie@angiquesophie
42 years ago I was born near Brussels, the Belgian capital. Since my 15th birthday I live in Amsterdam, where I own a small fashion atelier. We specialize in custom designed corsets and assessories that cater to the exclusive tastes of a wealthy, discreet clientele with a cert...