All Comments on 'Bending the Rules Pt. 01: Beaten Path'

by SunsetFollower511

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenalmost 4 years ago
Hello

Lovely story. I greatly enjoy some practical elements to a good old adventurous tale. Information explaining why some can do X vs Y, and when the world itself has these terms baked into their very lives, its fascinating. More than that, I love a protagonist that seeks to do something outside the norm, to break the mold, to Bend (T)the (R)rules as it were. Taking inspiration for all kinds of things and blending them together is what happiness is all about. Definitely looking forward to more ^.^

As a semi-random footnote. Since they haven't been properly catalogued as far as I can tell, and only because its something that I myself have been trying to bring forth in games that I play. If your story seems to lean towards the way of our young Bard needing/ desiring/ or just ending up with more than just himself and his pact keeper; might I suggest a similarly minded (someone seeking to find loopholes, or go against the standard grain) Necromancer, or more specifically, a necrokenitic, an animator of the dead. Its frustrating and annoying how so often there is such a negative association for that particular branch of magic, and I've yet to be successful at being allowed (or 'completing') to make one that seeks to change how the class is perceived. So far, I've been stuck too low a level to really gain access to those skills before something has stopped me. ~If you get inspired by that, I'd love to see your take on it played out.

But more importantly, Thank you for your story, and write what story you wish to. ^.^

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
2nd read so far

Hello, just stopping to say I've read through a second time and will be back for a third I think. Really enjoying the irreverent approach.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

As an old time AD&D player, I found this story intriguing and a great angle on playing and reading the games and books. Reminded me of the original Wizardry game back when the Apple II+ was the big thing. Get to a certain level and become a ninja or a lord or use the cheat as a bishop and almost start as a ninja or lord. I can’t wait to read more of this.

AspernEsslingAspernEsslingover 2 years ago

This is fun. Clever, too.

texlootexloo9 months ago

This is a very clever story. It is giving me Piers Anthony vibes. I excited to read more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSunsetFollower511@SunsetFollower511
Professional development: CHECK! Now that I'm getting back in my groove, check out my Patreon below for a short story written with the assistance of an AI app. https://www.patreon.com/SunsetFollower511 More to come, including a new scifi/superhero series. But the Rules Saga...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES