All Comments on 'Bending the Rules Pt. 02: Connection'

by SunsetFollower511

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenalmost 4 years ago
So cute

Of course, of course. The Rules would have this covered as well. Not a limitless amount of options, but probably enough for most. And the ones it doesn't quite fit perfectly, well, I suppose they have to see about making something of themselves and try and change those circumstances. I wonder what sort of thing Dayo could do or learn with access to a properly fed wight? As he's learning, getting Exp isn't all about finding the glowing markers, and fighting off 'the baddies'. There's more to it than that, and if there's training and specialties... I imagine they could have a bit of practice and stretch some of their mystical muscles such as it were. And if you can get stronger or better with a weapon by wielding it, the same logic certainly seems plausible for mastering one's abilities.

So excited for his choice of perk. Passive skills are so much fun, and in general I'd prefer to have access to a larger number of typically weaker passives, than having a host of expensive/ only so many uses per day kind of flashy abilities. Passives are always working, so if you build yourself the way you want, you can take fewer active abilities to handle the situations you want them too. And you don't have to worry about making sure you're using them optimally, because you always get to use them. ^.^ Though I'll admit/warn that you may have made it a bit harder on yourself with his selection. Wonderful though it is, it does mean you may need to have some more mystery elements later on, because if he gets himself into a situation that he should be able to get himself out of, but he 'forgets', well then... can't have that now can we? Not in The Rules as it were, though whose to say whether situation A5 is similar enough to situation A5& that the same thing would work. Well, only the GM of course (Some prefer the term author, but that's a case by case sort of thing you know) ^.^

But I ramble on. Thank you for another lovely chapter and a fantastic continuation to this fascinating story. Very interested in learning how he makes up with Adana. Sure she called them even, but in truth I think he'd prefer to better balance the scales. Though I'm sure should he last long enough he'll forge a wonderful business partnership with her. And maybe something a bit more... intimate? >.> Hmmm... But that's not a here nor there sort of thing. It may come, or it may not. Thank you again! And of course the necromancer is lovely. Whether it had already been written and I merely spoke a prophetic desire, or there was some slight inspiration, in either or any other case, I greatly enjoyed getting to meet Dayo, and hope like Nuru to get to know them better and see more of their life. They seem a wonderful sort, and lucky to have found love already in a feisty lass. So long as our nascent party can avoid more of those 'tragic backstory' flags, I'm sure they'll have a wonderful adventure!

abiostudent3abiostudent3almost 4 years ago

Damn. I want more of this, rather desperately.

I love what you're building here, keep it up!

twohandspanktwohandspankalmost 4 years ago
Love it

Im loving the story so far! Please keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Really great

I am getting such a kick out of this. While so many of the stories, books, movies are focused on one goal or one topic, this is a very interesting take on looking at all the D&D world and its rules. Great characters you made and it is wild the way you have them interact with each other considering all the NPCs and different classes, factions, alignments and such. Thanks for taking all the time to come up with all this.

J.D.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I like the story so far, and I know that this is still an early chapter, but I'm kinda disappointed you didn't let Dayo be They/ them. Just seems inconsiderate to them. Other than that I'm liking the story.

SunsetFollower511SunsetFollower511about 2 years agoAuthor

It's true, I may have pawned off my own difficulty with the non-binary pronouns onto various characters. I worked hard on this and I think I got better in later sections.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The only real thing that's bugging me is the dialogue. It isn't always clear who's talking.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

There is a lot that I do not comprehend.

The plot is not clear.

The game issues are not clear.

So the protagonist was level 1 and now is level 2. How come? What does it mean?

Why do things happen?

What are the motivations, considerations and emotions of the protagonist and of the people he interacts with?

The story is like a jigsaw puzzle with lots of pieces missing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSunsetFollower511@SunsetFollower511
Professional development: CHECK! Now that I'm getting back in my groove, check out my Patreon below for a short story written with the assistance of an AI app. https://www.patreon.com/SunsetFollower511 More to come, including a new scifi/superhero series. But the Rules Saga...