Besotted in Belfast

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Once done, they took their leave. They had to catch two buses to reach the airport, but whilst in the city centre, Sam used a cash machine to validate his replacement credit card. Summer phoned more of her class during the bus ride to ensure she'd get copied in on any lecture notes.

Check in at the airport went smoothly as Summer displayed their ticket QR codes and they breezed into departures, heading to a cafe. They settled near some wall sockets and Sam brought coffees and snacks, as she text her mother. Sam used Summer's charger to boost his phone and check emails, whilst grazing.

No soon as Summer had texted her mother, her phone rang. "Hi, mum?"

Sam imagined a swathe of questions fired at her as she spoke at length, explained Sam being dyslexic and needing support at the meeting tomorrow. Suddenly, her eyes bulged, and she glared at Sam as she blushed bright red. "What do you mean, mum?"

"No, I'm just helping him out... I told you... Yes, I arranged the appointment with the doctor... No!... I'd do that for anyone..." She silently screamed at her phone in frustration, as Sam could hear her mother's squeaky voice before she returned it to her ear. "Okay, okay..." She exhaled, rolling her eyes, "I give up... Yes, mum, we're an item."

She held the phone away from her as a high-pitched squeal omitted from it. She smiled at Sam, shrugging. She whispered, "Busted."

"Mum... Look, we're in the airport... No, don't tell his mum, for goodness' sakes... No... I know she is, but it's not your place to tell her... I'll talk to you later... Yes... Thanks... Bye."

"But you never said a thing." Sam stated.

"I didn't need to. In her words, she'd never heard me talk so enthusiastically about anyone before."

Sam chuckled triumphantly, "So mum approves?"

"You recon, that was a scream of disappointment. She knows you're not good enough for her daughter."

Sam burst out laughing. "Your poker face isn't that good. You flinched. Previously, you would have suckered me in..." He leaned across, closer to her to whisper, "But now I know you intimately I'm not so gullible." He winked and pulled away quickly as she threatened a shoulder numbing punch.

"Thanks for asking her not to tell mum... I don't know how to break it to her."

Summer sat bolt upright, hackles up, ready to attack. "You ashamed of me?"

"No, no, she's apoplectic about me being kicked off my course as it is, then me being dyslexic, as if it is my fault."

"Why do you think she'll be angry?"

"I don't, quite the opposite, but she's only met you as Peter, heard all your mother's opinions and tales, not the Summer I know. Let her get to know you first and I'll happily tell her. Dad will be fine so long as mum is happy."

Summer calmed down and worked her way through her snacks and coffee, whilst Sam reread the doctor's email and the information from the university. Luckily, they had enough time to get another drink and sit quietly chatting, after pulling their chairs closer, allowing them to cuddle.

Once the gate number of their flight flickered on the overhead screens, they walked along the various corridors to reach the queue to the attendants, checking passengers at the gate. Whilst slowly shuffling, arm in arm, with Summer's head resting on Sam's shoulders as they talked about Sam's return to Bristol, an elderly couple in front of them took an interest in them.

Once through and seated, huddled together, waiting for the doors to open to the walk out to the aircraft, the elderly lady approached them, politely asking in a soft Northern Irish accent, "How romantic, you visited Belfast for Valentine's Day?"

The couple burst out laughing, with Summer saying in her Belfast accent, "Hell no, I'm Ulster, born and bred."

Sam laughed, "No, I'm Bristolian. I'd originally flew to Dublin but came up to Belfast, which is where we met two days ago, but we got together on Valentine's Day."

Summer corrected him. "Well, not so much as during the day, as I hate Valentine. It was more like in the early hours of this morning when he burst into my bedroom."

The lady's eyes bulged, and she hastily returned to her husband. Sam and Summer huddled closer, sniggering.

Sam whispered, "I had a brilliant Valentine dance, and this morning was a real bonus... Maybe next year I can find you a reason to change your opinion of the poor saint's day."

Summer gripped his arm tight enough to stem the blood flow and, with her face alight, stared into his eyes. "You're planning next year?"

Sam jumped. "I've not planned anything, it's just..."

"Just what?"

"Well, I don't see why we wouldn't be together in a year, so why not do something special, a sort of anniversary?"

Summer relaxed her grip and kissed him passionately on the lips. "None of my lovers have ever looked that far ahead."

"Weren't you and Tina were planning a summer holiday?"

"Yeah, but we planned it as friends, after we were lovers," she chuckled.

Before Sam could say anything else, the stewards opened the door and guided the passengers out to the aircraft. The pair of them followed. Once seated on the plane and the case in the overhead luggage, despite having their seat belts on, Summer cuddled up to Sam, holding his arm.

"So, you don't think this is a Valentine's Day romance?" Sam whispered.

"Nah."

"I don't care, as I'm chalking it up to the poor saint. If you'd told me the truth in the first place, it would have been so much easier, but as it was, I had to use my magic hands to work my voodoo on you."

Summer giggled, snuggling into Sam. "You just keep working that magic on me..."

The plane's engines whining increased until the pilot released the brakes, causing the nose of the plane to lift, pushing them back into their seats. They shot down the runway as, over the noise, Summer whispered. "I'm glad you got mugged and came... Best Valentine's Day present ever..."

Sam wrapped his arm around her. "Me too, as I've never had much fun on Valentine's Day before either." He kissed her on her head and settled down to relax before they had to face his mother's wrath...

~~~***~~~

Sam needn't have worried. His mother was so pleased to meet Summer she focussed on her. After dinner that evening, the couple were joking, as they helped her clear up, when suddenly she dropped a mug, looking at them both in surprise.

"Ah, er... You two were never this close when on holiday all those years ago..."

The pair glanced at each other. Summer blushed, nodding at Sam, but before she could jump the gun, he volunteered. "Yes, mum, we're a couple."

She leaned back on the counter, surprised. After a long pause, she asked Summer, "Does your mother know?"

She nodded, "Like you, she guessed when I spoke to her in the airport."

"Hmm, well, you are both adults..."

She asked a few normal polite questions any mother would ask her son and his girlfriend, then came out with it. "I suppose you'd prefer to share the spare room with Sam, rather than being on your own?"

The evening improved from there, as for the first time in years, Sam enjoyed time with his parents and Summer. He found that far from being disappointed about him running away and being diagnosed with dyslexia, they were supportive. His mother had already researched a lot of information and they worked together to prepare for the following day.

The following morning, the couple were more confident at the emergency review board and after a tense meeting, they agreed Sam could return to his course, with a view of him catching up over their summer holidays. They arranged supportive materials and a new laptop which he could record lectures, or just make notes, but more importantly, they allocated him additional time during examinations and for admission of assessments.

Summer spoke with the admissions board directly and reviewed the courses they offered that were equivalent to what she was already doing. Over the next few days, the pair indulged themselves in student life, and Summer met with the LGBTQ+ community there.

Summer stayed longer than she originally intended in Bristol but by the time Sam saw her off at the airport she'd decided... Six weeks later Sam crossed the Irish Sea on a ferry and drove up to Belfast in his parent's car. Where he finally got to visit the Titanic experience and over the long weekend, met Carol and Finn.

Over the rest of the weekend, they packed Summer's apartment up. Sharing her belongings between her parents' house and Sam's car, for the couples return to Bristol where Summer moved in with Sam and his parents.

As the new term started, she enrolled in one of Bristol's courses where her existing credits were transferrable. She found it easier to find a job than in Belfast, and that was separate to the university, which meant a better hourly rate and more flexibility.

That summer, both Summer and Tina toured Europe whilst Sam caught up with his course work and found that the support he was getting was now helping him achieve results, far beyond what he could have hoped. Midsummer, his parents, announced that they had accepted a revised offer from Sam's father's company and were going to move up north to be closer to family.

With the improved wage settlements and relocation package, they didn't need to sell their Bristol home, which allowed Sam to remain rent free. Tina joined them for the start of the new university year, house sharing with them now Sam's parents had gone.

Sam had caught up with the previous year's work and was managing the new university year's course, so could join Tina and Summer in undertaking some temporary work. With the three of them covering the household bills, they had more than enough money left over for extracurricular activities.

The following year, Sam surprised Summer by flying her to Rome for St. Valentine's Day.

~~~***~~~ Dear reader, I hope you enjoyed my story. If you did, then please read my others or follow me to receive notifications of new stories as I publish them. If found anywhere other than Literotica.com with this note attached, they have posted this story without my permission. Whilst I'd love you to vote for my story, nothing beats a comment or PM. Stay Safe. Nellymcboatface ~~~ FIN ~~~

1...67891011