Best Friend's Sister Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her eyes opened. "I'm not sure what I did to deserve a thank you but you're welcome."

"Is it better to let these foul moods stay inside and poison me? Or is it better to face them somehow and find some way to let them out, even if some anger comes out with them? So, yes, thank you very much." I leaned in closer but stopped. "Can I thank you again?"

She had a small smile and her eyes twinkled with amusement. 'If you absolutely have to."

"Yes, I absolutely have to." And I leaned in and I tried to put the same gentle kiss on her lips. Nope. My lips applied more pressure when they touched her lips and they decided to stay a bit longer. Plus her eyes were open and she decided she wanted to participate, too. I looked in her eyes and I know she could tell by looking in mine that what I was feeling wasn't amusement at the novelty of what we were doing. I think she could see how much pleasure I was getting out of kissing her. Her eyes closed in contentment. "Finally."

I wasn't trying to be romantic (but I was) and I wasn't hitting on her (I was, even if I didn't know it). I wanted to thank her for giving me that discovery, that my sanity was more important than my EFFed up family. My breath rushed out. Whewww!

I leaned back away from her eyes and we looked at each other. "I wanted to thank you and at first I had no idea how to do it. I thought about taking you to lunch or to the gift shop but then I thought a kiss could express it perfectly."

She gave out a light laugh. "That was the best thank you I've ever gotten. I think I might wash your car and pick your clothes out and brush your teeth for you. Maybe do your homework. Those would all require a thank you, wouldn't they?"

A laugh escaped me. I was still getting over that kiss. "How about you just ask instead of going to all that trouble?"

"I remember tying your shoes for you once before we went to church. And you didn't thank me then."

I let our heads meet and I laughed my head off. Then looked back up. She looked at me with that 'Well?' look of hers, essentially a challenge. "Fine by me. Pucker up then." She closed her eyes and puckered up like she was getting a kiss from her grandmother. "You're something, you know that? You're an ice cold drink of water on a hot day." I leaned down and gave her whatever kiss decided to show up. "Thank you so very much."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

She fanned her face. "It is so hot today, isn't it?"

"No, I think you have a fever."

"And how do you feel?"

"I'll admit, I have little bit of the same fever, now that I think about it."

"Good, good. I was hoping it wasn't just me."

"Oh, no. It wasn't just you. It was better than I dreamed it would be." I shook my head and smiled, almost laughing at where we were. I checked on the quality of my hug and tightened it up.

She settled back in and relaxed, sitting sideways to me, her legs over mine. I moved my left hand down and ran my thumb over the back of her left hand, unconsciously, like drawing in the sand. Trying to see if I rubbed her skin it would change somehow. Nope, didn't do that. Interesting just the same. What about other spots?

"This is kinda nice. I think the last time we did this was when we were like ten. Someone slipped up and left us sitting together on some couch at your church. I think after they found us like that, they never left me alone with you again."

"Yeah, it does have a . . . forbidden flavor to it, doesn't it?"

"What I like is that I'm not all grossed out, like I'm sitting here snuggling with my sister. No worry about cooties."

"It is strange, isn't it?"

"Maybe we need to turn the heat up and see happens?"

"David, I could've done that here without you. The boys down are only interested in one thing: trying to get your clothes off."

"Yeah, that's how guys are. One minute everything's fine and the next something takes over and then everyone gets hurt."

"Tell me you're not like that."

"Wanda, I had a girlfriend for the last two years. If I could make it through freshman year without giving into temptation, I guess I'm not like that. I can't say I never looked at another girl. For two years I was faithful but it didn't stop me from looking. I think that's kinda disappointing and I'm talking about myself. I don't know what that makes me. Better than some, worse than others?"

"Yeah, well. Everyone has to face those kinds of thoughts. If you can accept that, then it boils down to whether you have the willpower to resist temptation. Do you honestly think I've never had those kinds of thoughts? Heck, Lisa and I had some serious plans for you, our little love slave."

"Love Slave? Oh Lord. Now I'm curious and I almost want to know. At the same time, I know I really don't. I'd need a lot of beer before I'd have the nerve to ask and then I know I'd still regret it."

"That can be arranged. The beer part. Oh, boy. If I could call Lisa tomorrow and tell her we made it through the script together. She'd be so jealous." She said with a smile of wicked anticipation.

"Wanda!"

"What? Relax. Just saying. Not like you'd end up hurt or unconscious or anything. You might even enjoy parts of it. I know I will." Looking at me in the eye. "Did you get me anything for my last birthday?"

"Jeez, we're talking about a lot of beer. Wait, what's that got to with anything?"

"Nothing. Just trying to see if I have anything I can use for a bit of arm twisting."

I lifted my arm and looked at my watch. "Oh, no. Look at the time. Got to hit the road. It was so good to see you."

"No, sir. Not happening." As she put more effort into making our hug one that would be impossible to get out of.

"I don't think you give yourself enough credit."

"Credit for what? Looking good tied up against the wall? Hog-tied on the bed? Time to run away from those thoughts entirely until I have four or five or ten beers."

"What a wuss!"

"I hear you. How about whatever you do me, I get to do to you? Wait, wait, wait! Let me take that back."

"Too late. You're on. Pinky swear!"

"You'd better . . ."

"Wuss!"

"Psst! Freaking . . Flipping . . . damn woman."

"Wuss!"

"Pain in the ass. Fine. Here." Quick as that. Pinky sworn.

"What a wuss you are."

"Why is it you're the only one that can twist me around your finger, huh? I wish you'd get outta my brain, please."

"Relax, David. Let's move on, then, if you're so unsettled. How's your love life, by the way? How's your girlfriend? What's her name? Cruella?"

I let out a rude and disrespectful raspberry. "You are something, you know that? This is the first time we've spent more than half an hour together, this close. It's good to know that despite being so pretty on the outside, you're seriously wicked on the inside."

"Come on. I'll try to act mature. Tell me. How's it going between? Hot and heavy fooling around, wedding plans, picking out names for the kids?"

"See that stick over there? Just get it and beat me with it, okay? So much more straight forward. If you must know, Barb and I finally broke up last weekend. Okay? I bet you're full of wisdom, telling what I should've done and what I did wrong. But I'll admit, it probably should've happened a long time ago."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that. I'd like to say I'm sorry . . . but I'm not. Do you want the honest truth or do you want me to try to make you feel better?"

"That seems pretty straight forward but I bet I'm not going to appreciate the honest part much. Alright. Let's get the honest part over with, which I know is gonna be brutal."

"Fine. Here goes. I don't know why you went out with her. Two years of your life! What were you thinking? She wasn't right for you and she wasn't good for you either. I have a whole lot more I can say, and if you don't want to hear it, you'd better stop me now."

"Don't sugarcoat it, Wanda, whatever you do. No-one ever tells you what they think until after it's all over. Anyhow. The men in my family are idiots, where women are concerned. I'm sure all that time I thought it was pure love, fairy dust and magic, hugs, kisses, and a bit more. Looking back on it, I don't know what I was thinking. I think I should just let someone else pick my women."

"Ummm." But her mouth was shut tightly.

"Ha! I know that look. You have information in that pretty little head of yours but you're trying not to let it out, aren't you? Tough,

isn't it?"

She shook her head up and down but her mouth was shut. "You just haven't had enough practice. Me? I have a lifetime of dark thoughts about my family and it takes a huge effort to keep them locked up. I try not to talk about them at all. When I open that door, too much slips out."

"Alright, David. That might okay day-to-day. But if each one of those memories has that anger attached to them, it can't be good to keep it in."

"Yeah, I know you're right. I was just pissed off that they could affect me, even here. I felt so calm and content, and then they intruded and it pissed me off. I don't doubt it's all in my head but at that moment, I blamed it all on them. That's why I was so angry."

"What's amazing is that you made me realize that even if they are my family, they have no right to mess with my sanity. Really, I can't . . . Me, it falls on me. . . . I can't let what I've gone through keep poisoning me. If I have baggage because of them, I need to figure out a way to get rid of it."

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Everyone has painful memories. Someone has to have figured how to help people get over trauma and abuse. I've never thought about it before but I guarantee I'm going to look into it now. Just for you. I guarantee I'll think twice before I ask about your family again, if it comes out like that each time."

"No, I'll be okay. You just slipped in there quietly, while I was relaxed. I had my defenses down for once and you got right by them. How about we think about we move on?"

"Okay, let's move on to making you feel better, since we're done with the brutally honest part."

"I hope it's less painful."

"You'll be fine. Big sissy. Relax." She lifted her legs off of mine and turned away from me. Then she sat between my legs and scooted in until she was sitting with her back against me. She held one hand up. "Here." I gave her one of hands. Correct. I assumed she had wanted one of my hands, as opposed to my gum wrapper. She held up the other hand. I slipped my other hand in hers. She held both my hands and pulled them around until they were wrapped around her. "You okay?"

"If I faint, it's because my mind is on overload from three kisses and a bunch of hugs. And that 'Love Slave' thing."

"It sounds like you're having trouble breathing? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. It's probably your perfume."

"Not wearing perfume."

"Allergies. Just allergies."

"Feel any better now? In any pain?"

"No, I'm fine. I do feel better. Is this for you or for me?"

"Both, I guess. There you go. We both feel better."

"I like this but how do you know you can trust me. I'm don't think I trust me."

"Like I said, if I can't trust you, I can't trust anyone. So, I'll put my faith in you and hope for the best."

"Aww, that's sweet. Give me a second." I closed my eyes. "I'm trying to see if I'm feeling any guilt for something I didn't know I was thinking about. Like giving you that kiss and loving it but feeling like I was doing something wrong."

"Well?"

"No, nothing yet. How about you get up and spin around and see if it does anything for me. Do some cheerleader kind of things."

"No, I'm not getting up. How about you control your urges? If we've made it through fifteen years together, I'm sure you can wait a little longer." She turned a bit so she could look at me, my arms still wrapped around her.

"Really? Do I have to?"

"Oh, please. You're all grown up. I'm sure you have enough will power. Are you getting ready to lose it or are you okay? Your breathing's okay and I don't feel anything poking me, so you're fine."

"I would think it depends on the . . . severity of the test. Depends on what kind of response you want." I said with a smile.

"Oh, that's the typical horny response right there. I knew he was in there somewhere. What, you want me to give you permission to get all, you know, all hard-up?"

"Wow. Thank you for tossing water on my fire. Nothing like a dose of guilt to . . . fill me with . . . guilt. How about I just sit here quietly and enjoy the moment?"

"That's great idea. Watch the sun go down." She leaned into me and put her head back on my chest. My hands were around her waist, wrapped up together. It was pretty nice, actually. She felt calm in my arms. I thought she might fall asleep again and I would've let her.

We spent maybe fifteen minutes just watching the sun go down, watching people walk by, saying hello to those she knew, but not really having a conversation.

I readjusted my arms around her, thing to make sure it was a quality hug. "It's kinda 'other-worldly.' I came down to see if I could cheer you up and now I'm sitting here with you wrapped up in my arms. I'm kinda conflicted. I'd do anything to see you happy but at the same time I'm afraid your parents would be disappointed."

"I think if they saw how happy I am, they'd let you off the hook."

"Wow, Wanda. That was a really good answer." And she smiled at that.

We spent the next hour sitting there, relaxed, comfortable, feeling safe, and wrapped up together. Not even trying to keep a conversation going. The sun slowly worked its way toward the horizon. But when do stories ever stop at these points, where everyone is content and happy? Something always crops up.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

My stomach was starting to growl and my butt was getting sore. But we weren't getting up until we opened 'it' up, whatever 'it' was.

"Wanda." She nodded her head, listening. "It's time." She nodded again. She knew it would come. I would let her sit as long as she wanted but she knew I wasn't going to sweep it under the carpet. She was trying to keep her face down but I could feel something going on there. It's impossible to cry without involving more of yourself. I slid my hands in further and pulled her as close as I could into me, because I could tell she was suffering from something. She leaned her head up against my arm, deep within my hug, and I put my face against her back. "Come on, baby. Come on, I'm here." I felt so bad and I didn't even know what it was. If I could only pull her pain into me. We couldn't have gotten any closer but I knew the closest hug probably wasn't going to erase whatever she'd gone through.

"I'm okay. I just feel so protected and loved, it's hard to let go of that." She rubbed her eyes. I wanted to keep her in my arms safe but it would get in the way of talking. And I wanted to see her face if she was bringing something painful out in the open.

I moved my arms, one to the right around her waist and the

other down under her legs. I lifted her up and shifted her around until she was again sitting sideways to me, her legs over mine "Come on. I don't know what you're going to tell me but my heart hurts already. But look at me." She turned to look up a me, her eyes a little red. "There isn't single thing you can say to me that will change how I feel about you, how much I care, or stop me from being there whenever you need me. So, let's get it over with." She looked up at me, gave me a loving smile, and brushed a tear away from my face. "You poor guy. You deserve to be happy, you know that?"

"Wanda. There aren't enough hours in the day to go through all the baggage I carry. You can dissect me later."

"Okay, okay. I hear you." She looked down. "Why are guys such assholes?"

A rumble started deep in my chest, anger, fear. A growl, a moan of anguish. I hadn't been there. "David, stop. It's not that bad. I'm fine. It didn't end that way."

"My roommate Cassie and I went to a party. On campus. Lots of fun and lots of alcohol. There were a lot of people there, people I knew, old friends, new ones. I didn't drink too much but it was close. I was feeling no pain. I met this cute guy, an upperclassman. Cute, charming, funny. A charmer just like you. We talked for hours. He didn't even suggest going upstairs, so that impressed me. We made it to the end of the party at 2 a.m. Cassie came looking for me, so I had someone I could walk home with. He told me he'd had a great time and hoped he could see me again. We gave each other our numbers and he gave me the sweetest kiss goodnight. She liked that. She's always trying to fix me up with some guy. Then she and I walked home. I could barely sleep."

"So a couple weeks went by. We'd bump into each other around campus, we'd stop and talk, maybe each lunch together. The he finally asked me out for the weekend. On Saturday we went out. We went to get some dinner, had a little beer but not too much, went to see the early movie. We made it back to campus and ended back in one of the lounges in the library. It was kinda late, so not too many people there and we found a place to sit and together and snuggle. It was pretty exciting, honestly. I've never been kissed that much and in so many places. But it was a bit too much and a bit further than I wanted to go. Amazing how quickly a guy's hands can try to map out your body. Finally . . . finally I slipped out and stood up. I guess he thought I was just changing positions, since he reached for me again. Hey. Hey!"

"He was still in gear and reaching for me and I stepped back. I bumped into a chair and ended up sitting down and even then he was there in front of me. He had to move in and get his hands on me, touching my legs. It didn't matter what I was thinking, he had enough energy for both of us. 'Stop!' as I pushed him back as hard as I could. 'What's wrong with you?' 'Me?' I said 'Stop!' or don't you even care what I want? Answer me!' I was yelling by now but I was scared. 'Bitch!' Then a staff member walked by, then stopped to look at us. 'Both of you, come here.' We did but I wanted to get away and so did he. I was embarrassed and he was angry."

"She looked him the eye. If you're on a date and you hear the words Stop, that's what you do. It doesn't matter whether it's five minutes into your date, ten, twenty, or even two hours. It doesn't matter when she says it, it matters that listen. Right this second I see you and I even know your name. Robert. If hear a anything else about you, you won't finish this year, let alone your senior year. Do you want to finish college or would you like to go home? Tonight? Do you want go over to campus security with me and have a chat?' He didn't even say anything. He had a look of hate in his yes. 'The only thing you need to worry about is if I go back my office and add something to your student file, which I can do anytime. Go home.' He left but he was still angry. You could tell he felt like he was the victim for some reason."

"She turned to me. 'That was foolish. But I doubt you knew him at all, did you?"

I nodded but tears were in my eyes. "Not as much as I thought I did."

"I'm sorry you had to go through that but there are a lot of girls that never get rescued in time. I know it doesn't feel like it but you got off easy. Where's your dorm?" I pointed at it through the window. "Come on, let's get you home. Find your friends and talk about it. It doesn't help you to keep it hidden. You hear me?" I nodded. "And find people you can walk to class with. Come see me if you want to talk."

"She was right. I've met some of those girls that weren't rescued in time. It makes you want to hide in your dorm room, carry mace, or a baseball bat."

"I'm hoping that's the end of the story but I bet it's not, is it?"

"No. It's not. He trash-talked me and painted me into being some kind of slut, just because I wouldn't give it up. How is it a guy can drop his pants to every girl he meets and he's a stud, a freaking hero, and a girl does it and she's branded a slut forever? And they'll remember that forever, won't they? They won't remember the good things about you, just that horrible thing someone said about you years ago, whether it was true or not."