All Comments on 'Best. Lover. Ever.'

by Ahazura

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Wow

Another great story tonight. This is another great flash story. You covered in one page what it would take a lesser author at least three pages to explain. Great idea to put a good one on her, and then have a frank discussion about her possible problem. He helped her realize the ex that she was obsessed with was really an ass. Great finish also. Thanks for the good time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Is it Corey or Corwin? Nothing worse when a writer can't decide what to call a character!

LVGirlLVGirlover 5 years ago
Very Nice

It’s seldom the easiest way, but an adult conversation where you listen to your partner is often the best way. Well told.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

That was very entertaining and the husband did a great job of heading off any infidelity before it even started.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
Nice job.

This was an actual adult situation and an adult solution.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Love it!!!

So many stories here have tag of loving wife and have nothing to do with it, but some cuck shit and cheating.

It is refreshing to actually read ONE that does!

5

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Ravishing

Yes, I've often commented on these wives who always get sweet loving from their husbands, cheat with someone because, "sometimes they just want to be taken," and wondered why they never tell that to their husbands!

I don't see why the company has to fear a lawsuit unless they knew about his harassment and failed to act.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
I lkked this fun short.

I liked the communication a lot!

My Mrs. Wasn't even in the top 10 when we first got together but I knew she was the one. She probably wasn't that satisfied the first time either.

We definitely improved and practice makes perfect. Communicating about former lovers can be helpful as long as the couple is committed to their marriage and making it better.

This left me feeling pretty good!

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 5 years ago
Short, and to the point

On the surface, there isn’t much to this story. Scratch that surface a little, though, and you’ll find a lot of depth packed into a tiny little space.

This flash seems like a response to the typical LW tropes. Typically, when a man suspects his wife is cheating, he shifts into full-out James Bond mode to catch the two lovers and begins plotting his devious revenge. Here, he does something truly amazing in the LW universe: he TALKS to her.

Typically, when a LW wife is having sexual thoughts about a former boyfriend who reappears in her life, she impulsively acts upon it and throws her marriage out the window. Here, she has the audacity to be that rarest of LW wives: one who thinks and behaves like a rational adult with some semblance of control over her hormones and her lady parts.

In typical LW stories, hubby becomes insanely jealous when he discovers his wife has sexual interest in another man. In this story, hubby understands that sexual desire is a part of human nature. He’s confident in himself, trusts his wife, and understands that their marriage is about much more than just sex.

Ahaz, you could have turned this into a five-page story, but you said everything that needed to be said in one. Nicely done.

Mordant96Mordant96over 5 years ago
Refreshing and unique

Not all wives are cheating skanks. Bravo for breaking the stereotype.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
Sweet story, Ahaz

Very, very good. Thank you for writing. May we have another? And that fire little Easter Egg! Amber forever!! Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Enjoyable stuff.

Thanks for the story.

Cog

texaschucktexaschuckover 5 years ago

Truly fits into the loving wives category. Truly refreshing tale. Proves that not all women are cock hungry sluts and all men are revenge seeking assholes.

johnadpjohnadpover 5 years ago
Wow, Mature, Thoughtful And Wise Characters

Wow, an LW story with a mature adult male?:

1. When he is concerned that wife may be interested in another male he doesn’t hire PI’s and bug the phones and instead decides to talk to her and trust she would be truthful?

2. He doesn’t go all nutso that he wasn’t his wife’s best lover?

3. He actually has the confidence to ask what an old lover did well that he can learn from and do with her, as opposed to, calling her a whore and a slut for liking sex with another man?

Even going back to early teens my sexual proclivity was on the dominant side. I have brought out the submissive side in women, even when prior to me they hadn't explored that at all. The level depended on the woman herself and what I felt she would like, can handle. But I would say a very large majority of women have that sexual submissive side in them. My best friend doesn't think that's the case, that I somehow unconciously date submissive women- preselection. I may agree with him, except for the fact that I have actually seen his wife reading D/s related books and mention her like of handcuffs in the past. He doesn't think his wife is submissive whatsoever sexually lol.

Last point, some of my best sex was with women I didn't particularly like outside the bedroom and two of my longest and deepest relationships were with women where i wouldn't have rated the sex in the top 25 percentile of my lovers.

The last couple of paragraphs about the old lover being a creep was pandering to the LW crowd to get a higher score. The story before that what made it interesting to me.

I liked the story because of the maturity level and insight. Rated it a 5.

boatbummboatbummover 5 years ago
Terrific Little Flash

And I second/third/fourth the positive things others have said before me. Thanks for this sweet little holiday treat!

Five big ones from me, of course.

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
Excellent Story

The ease with which they got passed the potential problem was a pleasure normally a woman would not cite an ex-lover as the reason she was off her game. The result could have been disastrous, but they were two mature people.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 5 years ago
Fantastic

What a great way to write about old lovers trying to worm their way into another couples marriage. The story was short but sweet! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Gee! A thoughtful story about a married couple.

Who knew? This was well done, both from a story line perspective and the technical writing (except for the "was was" in the epilogue). The only point I disagreed with was at the end. If you can't hide some things from your wife, then you're a dead man.

Signed - Skeletons in the closet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Trying to like it even more than I do, but there's a problem.

The wife is kind of stupid, and has definite cheating potential. What kind of woman doesn't remember what an asshole a previous relationship turned out to be? You got it, a not very intelligent woman. All she remembers is what a great fuck he was, until her husband goes through the memory dredging process? Sounds like she's letting her clit do the thinking and remembering rather than her brain. Which portends some future issues with other men she does not yet know are assholes, and who might stir her clit and nips without regard for the wisdom of her infatuation. Just saying this wife needs to be kept on a short leash.

Could be a compelling sequel where the husband catches her in another pre-adultery phase and has to consider if she is worth the hassle. Kind of like keeping a pet who has not yet shit inside the house, but only because the pet owner catches the shitting signs early enough to head off disaster. I think it would get a little old to have to continually monitor a spouse in that way. But it could make for an interesting story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Meh

Boring shit

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
if more women were like this

marriages would still be a thing.

remember marriages? pepridge farms remembers.

that being said, the husband steered her right. gotta give the man props.

KingBandorKingBandorover 5 years ago
Surprisingly good

It surprised me how much I liked this. It ALMOST made me feel it was in the wrong category because there was no actual extra-marital fun. But, it was ABOUT it, it just didn't happen. So, I do think it fits in LW well.

The story was pretty believable and the characters were not one-dimensional. The husband did the one thing I always WISH husbands in other stories with similar situations don't do.... TALK to his wife. Sometimes the way to remove an itch, is to call attention to it. Sometimes, that only makes the itch stronger. The way this was handled was great.

I think MAYBE it was too direct. It might have been better if you had had some doubt and fear creep in... she starts working late, having girls nights out... and he starts noticing things... only to find out it was totally innocent. It would have created a bit of the tension and risk that was a little missing. It worked well as it was, that might have just helped... maybe not.

The only negative thing I felt was the placement of the paragraph that began with "We decided that twin boys"... It threw off the timeline and flow to me to jump into the future and talk about "over the years" only for the rest to jump back to just after the events in the story.

5 stars from me

KB

patilliepatillieover 5 years ago
Nice job on this

Really great, you packed a lot of stuff into one page. Complete story, keeps interest, and happy ending.

maninconnmaninconnover 5 years ago
Nice

A real loving wife!

kiteareskitearesover 5 years ago
Pocket Battleship

Sometimes the best things come in small packages. I thought this was a good little shorty.

It's amazing how memory works, filtering out all the middling stuff leave just memories of the really good or the really bad. I bumped into a partner from a number of years ago and my lasting memory was the really good sex with them, but after chatting for a while remembered we didn't have a lot else going for us which is why we split. Still it was nice catching up and putting a ghost to bed (rather than them ;)

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 5 years ago
Excellent story...

Shows what might happen when the wife talks to her husband BEFORE having the affair and getting caught. Once they've been discovered doing things they shouldn't, the talking consists mostly of shouting insults at each other.

Nice story, very well done. Thanks for posting.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 5 years ago
One of the best stories in the LW genre of the year

One of the things that often bothers me in these types of LW Stories is the fact that the husband and wife seemed to have this fabulous sex life even after many years of marriage. Yet for some reason the wife ends up finding a reason... no matter how shallow it is... to stray. Invaribly the question Almost always gets ignored. If the sex life And the marriage is so good why is she straying?

In particular the fact of the husband is actually paying attention to his wife is a really refreshing. But also the concept that over time our memories change and we remembers things are certain way sometimes with a positive spin... and sometimes with a negative spin... is very true.

GREAT STORY

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundover 5 years ago
Nice

unexpected tale. Appeals to the knight in shining armour complex very nicely. One tiny irritation: why doesn't "wife" get a name (ie Gina) at her first mention? I found myself having to scroll back to make sure I'd got that right. ( I had to make sure that the woman giving him the hug was the one he'd just fucked, yes really) -- She didn't even get a name apart from "wife" until some time after the fuck. I then did a word search on the word "Gina" to confirm exactly when she was first accorded a name.

Apart from that it was nice that they'd talked and the ending was favourable with the louse sent packing.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
Typically Great AZura. Thanks!

Good comments by Ha in VA!

BillandKateBillandKateover 5 years ago
Great Flash Story

Right on target of how a great marriage works - and takes work. Loved it, 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Every guy I know doesn’t want to think about past cocks driving into there present wife. How long or fat they were how they lasted longer or how rough or verbal the guys were. I stayed away from a few local girls that I liked very much because I knew of a couple of guys they fucked. I’m not the guy who wants yo know the guys that she fucked in the past. A guy I know well married a girl from the area who wasn’t a slutty girl growing up but he knew two guys who did fuck her. They also were braggers and alway said how this one was when they ass fucked her. The one told how he would cum on her face and slap it around with his cock than make her lick it clean . I really wouldn’t want to know the guys that were doing it. You know she fucked guys before and how guys act when they fuck . It’s primal and they do y can get away with . I’d definitely have a problem with my wife working with a guy she dated and fucked in her past.

chytownchytownover 5 years ago
Great Storyline*****

Something different and very entertaining. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Woo hoo!! A true "Loving Wife"

Communicate, communicate, communicate!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Why?

Here's a hint: stories that involve things like assault, police, hospitals, etc. are generally not erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
@ SECOND COMMENTER

...who asks

"Is it Corey or Corwin? Nothing worse when a writer can't decide what to call a character!"

Did you ever hear of nicknames?

(Well, it was immediately obvious to me.)

I do not think that a writer should explain himself down to the lowest level of reader perception.

So, I think Ahazura got it right by assuming the nickname was self explanatory.

Harry in Virginia (a positive review from him!!!!) and others reflected on the tendency to see things in the past from a positive viewpoint.

I suspect this is a defensive mechanism of the mind.

If the mind kept bringing up the unhappy events, embarrassing moments, our failures, people's mistreatments, and inevitable sorrows of the past, it would be more than our psychi could endure -- or would at least make for a dismal present.

Unfortunately, there are side effects to this protective mechanism.

As this story shows.

Also, I think the "good ole days" mentality is a result.

Example: Person who remembered that the Model T could be overhauled at the side of the road. BUT "forgets" you had to do it at about 30,000 miles.

The "good ole days" is a lot about selective memory.

If you ask me, the good ole days are now.

This selective mental process sometimes goes in reverse with a present longterm partner (I've been married nearly 45 .years), when present irritations get us focusing on negative traits and we start thinking maybe if instead I had married..... Forgetting both our partner's positive points and that any imaginary partner would also have negative points.

The story?

A bit of fun.

Which brings out some practical wisdom

-- as elaborated on by various commenters.

Paul in Oklahoma

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Better written that 'The Talk' and better content too

Enjoyed this, though it was a bit formulaic.

It was decidedly better than The Talk, with better messaging and execution (ie. it could be read without the reader wondering when it was all going to end).

Like it, though it was a bit too clear cut and the ending too predictable (why was Taylor so much a stereotype?)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
didn't question one thing....

She commented that when she thought of him she got excited. He never asked excited how? He jumped right to sexually excited. I would have asked my wife more details about what she meant and why.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Again. A great little flash about a great couple.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Love this couple. They listen, they talk, they play, they try new things and they don't allow ego and insecurity interfere with the love and pleasure they give to each other. It's going in my favorites.

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
One Liners

Have read several of your one page stories and enjoyed them. This one exhibits your talent for writing short, complete, and entertaining stories.

Maybe you should consider writing one liners for comedians. 5*

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

I love that wife! Does she have a sister? Could you write a sister for me?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Thank you.

LWlurker

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesalmost 3 years ago

Most one-page shorts are unsatisfying, but with this one we got two rounded characters and a fun plot. Kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent tale

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

One of the best short stories I’ve read. Everyone needs a wife, and husband, like that.

Ocker53Ocker53over 2 years ago

A good story and a better read⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 2 years ago

Another winner. Thank you for a great effort. Short, concise, but you did not leave us hanging. LW stories can be significantly more than failures and cheats. Could have been in romance, but this was where it belonged to bring about some balance in this segment.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

Yes, I've often commented on the stories where the wife enjoys how Lover Boy just "takes" her, but never lets her husband know that she enjoys it.

CHUCK2468CHUCK2468about 2 years ago

Wow. You went against the grain of having the wife tell her husband what she wants. Bravo. Too many stories where they do the opposite of what you did. 5*

Cringo31Cringo31about 2 years ago

Well done. This was a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very novel! A loving wife who actually IS a loving wife! Rare to see in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I would hate the idea that this guy shows up at my wife's workplace and she constantly has thoughts about him. Especially when I am having sex with her. It is great she has no real attraction to him or desire to cheat. But her telling me about the thoughts would bug me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Not sure why some commenters would prefer she not talk about what was going on in her head. She had no intention of cheating. But it was good she talked and they ironed out things well. The husband telling her to remember the bad things as well with Taylor (sounded like a long college relationship) was very smart and worked immediately. There is more to love and marriage than orgasms. Besides people tend to have rose-colored experiences about sex with earlier lovers. If you love your spouse and aim to please them in bed, then over the years you should get better and better at learning what they want. While some people might be into the illicit, secret affair for it being naughty and wrong and thrilling, from an objective standpoint the sex with a loving spouse, provided no medical or mental problems and that they actually love each other, should eclipse (over time), most if not all prior sex partners just based on experience. Obviously if the marriage is in peril due to the demands of children, jobs, bills, etc or their relationship is drifting apart or falling into a rut, then the grass could look greener elsewhere and an extramarital affair (though absolutely wrong and immoral) could look appealing, but that goes to the psychological factor, it the objective factor. Of course there are also cases where one or both of the spouses are shitty sex partners because they are repressed, selfish, frigid, impotent, poor libido, ignorant, or simply not into making love. None of those applied to this couple. This issue here was miscommunication. The wife had fond memories of being taken and rougher sex but maybe also tempered role-playing ("maiden"). Out of shame or not wanting to offend her loving husband, she never communicated her desires. Their prior lovemaking is something she certainly enjoyed, but her time with Taylor in college reminded her of something she desired yet had not experienced in a long time. There is also the rose-colored perspective, which she was falling into and was affecting her perspective, lacking objectivity. She was not going to cheat. Wasn't really tempted (look at her later actions with HR and fighting the asshole), but was living in old memories. Don't think she craved it like a junkie, more that she was daydreaming. We all do that. We all have fantasies. Talking about them shouldn't hurt or kill a marriage. Husband reacted well and listened patiently. He processed it appropriately. His advice was sage. She saw his points and moved on. The biggest result was they found common ground to try the more forceful sex and I woukd wager heavily that she enjoys the role play and rougher sex better with her husband than back with Taylor, and those memories have been expunged. Very realistic and wonderful story. Should be rated higher. She wasn't trying to cuckold him, even mentally. She wasn't hiding a terrible secret or lying to him about Taylor. She tried to soften her answer to his question to spare his feelings. She communicated what she missed. He told her to not only fixate on the good memories. She was nitt going to cheat, but her daydreaming and nostalgia was crimping their marriage a bit. They worked it out and are now better than ever (once she gets the cast off her wrist) and enjoy sex even more. Her learning the magic snapping vagina technique was a cute ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. An honest, true loving wife. And a great husband. Salud!

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 1 year ago

THIS. Calm, rational and reasoned communication between partners!

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 1 year ago

I realize that this isn’t exactly what most folks expect in a LW story, but maybe it s all the better for that. The type of dialogue we find in this piece is exactly what keeps a marriage from becoming another statistic. Both parties were honest enough to overcome what might have been deeply threatening and face reality together, building a stronger and deeper relationship. I wish my wife had come to me like this 45 years ago. It would have saved so many years of heartache.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

"Because I would like to think there is more to our relationship than just the sex act. If that was all there was then I would be worried. However we have a friendship, a partnership that includes finances and children, and a lot more. Honey, I am secure in the fact that you love me and want to be with me."

====> great paragraph and so true.

Too many stories on hear focus on illicit thrills, size of orgasms and genitalia. Sure if they have a terrible sex life, then that is a foundational problem. But if they have a healthy, good sex life, that is enough as long as the rest of the marriage is in good shape.

And talking about fantasies and pushing boundaries with a deft touch is a good pay to prevent stasis. But doesn't mean squat if the rest isn't there.

Unlike most LW stories, real women don't take on a lover to get say 25% or even 50% more or bigger orgasms. There are other factors that are usually a bigger problem. Unless they have mental health issues or somehow covered up serious personality flaws for years while married.

The reality is that 75% of married men and 68% of married women of sexually active range would cheat if they had an absolute guarantee that they would never be found out. That is startlingly but actually real anonymized data from large scale psych studies. So a (super)majority are held in check (or not) by fear of discovery and what they could lose and the hurt they do to their spouse. But also it doesn't necessariky mean if they do fall for a fling (yes reprehensible) that they necessarily repeat it because "hey bigger orgasms over here". Some get hit with guilt. Some confess. Some wake up. Some care it to their grave

Men and women cheat for very different reasons. Men cheat more often (29% vs 19% for at least one extramarital affair by 50s), but average extramarital affair for a woman is longer (six months vs 2 months) because it isn't about the thrill, but about an emotional connection as feel neglected, not being paid attention in or out of the bedroom, husband is abusive, etc. vs guys driven by conquest, "she's hot", and feeling their age advance.

So yeah if your wife cheats and has a multimonth affair (irreconcilable except crazy circumstances and she confesses prior to discovery and even then who the heck knows if reconciliation is possible), while it might be at the start accentuated by the thrill and newness, it isnt about the trope of super duper orgasms, but the new emotional connection, while being shown sexual attention and being desired that makes her go back repeatedly, unless of course she is psychologically flawed or mentally ill. So then the marriage has some other deep faults already.

Ironically most LW stories on here have the wife cheat because of reasons that are much more in line with why married men cheat, Not always, but a lot do. Maybe that's because most LW stories are written by men? Dunno just speculation.

That being said this is a really well done story with a very realistic approach to discussing their marriage and keeping things fresh. 5 stars.

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

Great story, but I just wouldn’t be able to get past the Patriots thing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

But it was never suggested she leave the company? Just think of the bad and hope she gets over it?

FluidswallowerFluidswallower4 months ago

Thanks for qa really fun read!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story. Good couple. Communication is key.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous