All Comments on 'Best Man'

by jack_straw

Sort by:
  • 128 Comments (Page 2)
IndulgemenowIndulgemenowover 3 years ago
Goegraphic oops

The blue waters of the Atlantic will never be seen around the Cayman Islands, since they are in the Caribbean

SilverloadSilverloadabout 3 years ago

Awesome story! It just hits the right notes on so many levels! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Terrible, just what the hell was that? Just can't believe that Tom would take her back after all of that.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Revenge took a while, but left no survivors. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved the story. I have read several of your submissions and found all of a high caliber work. Thank you

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

story good, need more story less sex scenes

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

5 stars. This was, at first, a tough read, but I kept going. Really glad I did. Well written, sad, happy, sexy, humor (at times). Anger at Gary and Tina. Knew people like them many years ago. Stopped hanging around with them when I figured them out.

Just keep writing, please. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Agree 5 stars;started rough but wow!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You don't wait 2 years after you found out what your next door neighbor did to your wife to cause her psychosis hoping you will get an opportunity for reprisal, and you certainly do not allow you daughter to have anything to do with them or to have access to influence her after you found out the source of the problem... utter nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good overall story concept, but wat too long.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow, what a story!! Really felt for Nancy!!

The two rapists Tina and Gary needs more shit to happen to them

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Fairly mundane fare; no newness, no surprises, just low-key and even keeled. If you've got nothing better to do than clean out the garage ...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Pretty awful. So many years lost (6+11?). Harsh. Her mind snapped under the rape. Really depressing. No revenge can make up for the lost time and the mental anguish of her and her family. And the husband Tom was a saint!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I might have misinterpreted but it claims that she had not given him a blow job in 18 years marking the time of the rape soon thereafter. So they found out four years into her therapy. The husband knew then. The aborted wedding was a year earlier than the last scene. So husband and wife knew about what had triggered her mental breakdown 13 years earlier? Am I misunderstanding something? Or did her mental breakdown have a large time gap after the rape? Didn't appear that way on the first page. Dunno

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[27.08.22]

Epic and Excellent yarn!

11/10!!!!!

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Really the husband waited years to exact revenge? Any red blooded heterosexual male I know if they found this shit out would be over there the next fucking Day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Some great elements. But such an awful tale, overall. An awful, however deserving guy, getting huge prison time due to being set-up, really really disturbing. 5-1-1-1=2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

With any story that affects me mentally or emotionally, I just have to read all the comments. Often, as with this one, there are a lot of well thought out and considered responses. I really enjoyed them. They cover story critique, personal emotional responses, and desired judgmental action…just to generalize. There is nothing I can add in these areas that would be of value to such a wonderful detailed consensus. Thanks for your efforts!

However, there is perhaps something else worth considering, and that is the “value” a story has, both to the reader and the author.

• For the author, if he is serious about what he is writing, he must understand as much as he can about the actual story line, but more importantly, the thoughts, feelings and resultant actions of the people in the story. This will often require quite a bit of work, or the story will very possibly be full of holes, errors and poorly expressed emotional feelings or reactions. In short, the author must understand what real life is about, both thoughtfully as well as emotionally. This enlightened path of searching and learning, as well as the fun of writing, and challenging the reader, are the author’s benefits, in my view.

• For the reader, he is presented with, hopefully, an enjoyable read that he can relate to, and will envelope him in emotional feelings that have personal meaning. Additionally, he may actually learn something. (Well, anyway, that is what I want from these stories…ahem, fwiw.)

There is one other thought not often mentioned, and that is the challenge to the reader brought about by the author’s effort (if he is actually doing that,) to expose issues we all deal with in real life. Issues that are rarely thoughtfully considered, or discussed. Issues that are assumed to be truth or simply part of human nature…accepted as reality, and not to be questioned.

For instance, issues raised for me, from this story:

REGARDING

• Caring or love of others beyond ourselves:

Both Billy and Tom lived out this caring and love. Both risked and suffered by doing so. Where do we draw the line on the relationship we have with other people? Should we care for, and lovingly help, people who are not family or friends? Even strangers?

• Friendship:

How well do I understand what friendship means, (did Tom?) and do I actually understand how I should be a friend to others? If “friends” are being, mean, hurtful, destructive or unlawful…what is my responsibility. What should I do and when? Should I act or do nothing? Where do I draw the line?

• Marriage:

Should marriage be based on rules (or vows), be they personal, religious, or government imposed? If so, why? If not, why not?

Should a marriage, or any relationship, be based on one person “owning” another’s actions?

• Sexual relationships:

Do I have the right to judge others sexual choices if I can see no damage being done. By this I mean consenting: open relationships, swinging, påolyamory, polygamy, approved public nudity, gay marriage, etc.

• Revenge:

Do we unquestionably have the “Right” to exact revenge…either personally or as a community?

Revenge is based in hate and personal ego…not love. How is revenge justified?

Do I understand the effects my revenge will have on other innocent people, like children or uninvolved family members, (politically called collateral damage.) Do I have the “Right” to damage them? If so, justify that.

These are, no doubt, just some of the questions and thoughts posed by this story, and I’m sure you can add more.

Finally, it should be considered, (when judging a story,) that in order to get the reader’s attention, a straight forward, normal, and realistic approach may not be the best way to achieve that. Rather, an exaggerated, over the top, or in-your-face story may stir up the reader’s reaction better, and make him think. Is this exaggeration what the author intentionally did? If as a result, we reader’s challenge ourselves and each other, (via the comments, for instance,) we just might learn and grow as well as enjoy. For me this story, and its fantastic comments, has done that!

Thanks to all!

Merlin

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersover 1 year ago

Great story, emotive stuff, liked Merlin's well thought out comments.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 1 year ago

Merlin, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

NitpicNitpic11 months ago
Rectify

The author needs to rectify the errors at the bottom of page one.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Too many cunts like Tom who neglect their family to build a business and too busy to notice things falling apart!!

fredbrownfredbrown8 months ago

It's a 3 in my eyes, it coulda been higher but waay too much useless sex talk. Maybe the author got horny and was beating his meat while writing the story but I had to skip page after page of breathless sex talk.

Funny thing for a pervert like me to say but damn ......

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I would’ve killed the couple but I suppose this is almost as good of an outcome.

LickideesplitLickideesplit7 months ago

TWO small stars.

This is heavily based on NonCon, and is bad even there.

Give more thought to what the message of the story sends!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

For my taste, the story has 'way too much gratuitous, overly descriptive sex, but that's just me. 3 stars.

Ken in Texas

Lupercal16Lupercal1620 days ago

Ah, a truly satisfying revenge for a horrific and tragic event. Times like this, I'm reminded of the 48th Rule of Acquisition: "The bigger the Smile, the sharper the Knife." I can tack on Rules 62 and 76, while I'm at it, as I think they apply: "The riskier the road, the greater the profit"(62), and "Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the Hell out of your enemies"(76). Mad props to Tom, for having the fortitude to stick with his wife through those dark times, truly living up to the vow "In sickness and in health", while biding his time for the perfect opportunity to have his vengeance.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous