All Comments on 'Best Wife Ever'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 179 Comments (Page 2)
usaretusaretabout 3 years ago

Loved it. If only real military and post-military married life was if fact as depicted. But we’ll written, totally enjoyed it. Smile, cried, cheered throughput. Thank you. (Retired US Army Noncom.)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wonderful. Just ... wonderful. Thank you for writing this.

From a Vet (US Army - 11A)

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 3 years ago

5 the second time as well!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Tender, Inspiring and bittersweet. I shed a few tears.

Thanks

Dave

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wonderful. Any man would die to have a wife let me that..... Oooops, I already have one, and I'm still alive. I'll need to show her, how much she means to me. Thank you for this....

karasu_tengukarasu_tengualmost 3 years ago

Wonderful! Thank you)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Thanks ....

A story where love and respect wins.

Not really a story that the average person would expect to find on an erotic story site.

So sad to read of such a lovely couple having their lives together cut short by cancer, made even sadder by the fact it really happens.

I can't help getting the feeling this might be based on a real couple known to the author and if not you did a good job of making it seem real.

Thanks ...5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

OMG this is the best story I have ever read. I enjoyed reading it not realising there is dust in my eyes. I sincerely thank you for the wonderful, beautiful and lovely story. I wish I could give you more than five star ✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

DAMN ST, that one didn't give me the option of being emotional. Just ripped the tears right outta my eyes. Go figure, a loving wife in a loving wife story. Beautifully done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautiful story. 5 stars. No discussion.

Oh, and yes, while Turner girls can't conceive (non-functioning ovaries), they CAN carry babies to term.

I should know: My niece is expecting her third. She and her husband have been using eggs donated by her sister. That is as close as they could get; the doting grand parents are all the genetic grand parents too!

And these days the other side-effect of being a Turner girl can be managed much better.

dmallorddmallordover 2 years ago

This is a remarkable story of love and devotion between husband and wife. I'm glad it took a military background setting in that long ago era bridging 'nam and the Middle East shit. I recall and served during Vietnam. I felt the twinges of my own torment from that period. One never gets over a bullet or severed body parts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story - very different form the usual found on this site - thank you for reminding everyone that love does exist.

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

What a sad yet loving story. Well done 5 stars

Bushmasters22Bushmasters22over 2 years ago

A very inspiring story. I love my wife now after 54 years of marriage than I did when we married. I fear having to face what Jeff faced. Thank you for thi story.

usaretusaretover 2 years ago

A welcome change to the usual LW storylines.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The story brought militaries.

It was so good to hear of a relationship that lasted over the years where both were thankful to each other and loved each other to the very end.

They kept their vows before God.

Wish that there were vastly more true of other couples

But this story lifted up my heart thank you so much!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautiful and yet heartbreaking.

Confirms my observation that where you end up is by your own conscious choices.

Arbitrary unintended consequences also occur by

(Random chance or 'luck'?).

lbeachamlbeachamabout 2 years ago

This was "real life" if not a true story. It resembles my on-going 47 yr marriage. My wife had /have health issues but it never lessoned our love and happiness. I'm now having the begging symptoms of dementia at 67. Life is for the living and boy have we lived.............We're not sad to get old because we have a permanent home waiting in Heaven with God.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a beautiful love story. Thanks.

Ed

Cito22Cito22about 2 years ago

if there was a way to give this 10 stars I would have.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

hard to finish the story the words went all blurry could have been the tears

JBinGAJBinGAabout 2 years ago

Master full writing as usual ST. Thanks for your continuing efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I am a career Marine and really enjoyed this story. Nothing like a bittersweet happy ending!

Jim

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story. A lot of it read like my life. I was with the 26th Marines during the Tet offensive of’69, in the An Hoa basin. We called it the Arizona. I spent 3 months in the Naval hospital in Oakland recovering from that one. Met and married my wife in 71, we were married almost 49 years before cancer took her. So yeah, this one hit close to home. Thanks, SaddleTramp.

lbeachamlbeachamabout 2 years ago

This just has to be a real marriage. It's scary close to mine but my wife at 72 is still healthy after many medical issues. Loved the story.

iammweaseliammweaselalmost 2 years ago

I will say when he gets one right, he gets one right.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A very touching and intimate love story for the ages.

You left both of us very misty with hearts full of love for each other and being thankful for everyday we share.

So many should know so much love - just once!

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just the type of story to infuse hope into my dour thoughts regarding sincerely happy marriages. Great job, Author!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is almost certainly the saddest story that I’ve ever read on here, it brought more than one tear to my eyes.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

A second reading of a good story, sad, been but that's life

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It got fairly clinical for a long stretch describing one medical issue after another. Don’t really see how this is a ‘loving wife’ story and agree with others it should have been in the romance category. 4*

DessertmanDessertmanalmost 2 years ago

I was very moved by this story. When I was 36 I met a woman of 45. Although we never married we had a wonderful friendship for 40 years until she died of cancer just short of her 85th birthday.

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazieralmost 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Good story. Not at all what I expected. I entered "btb scorched earth" in the search box and got this. Also, I never met a corpsman, medic or nurse that was a virgin when I was in the Navy. I'm sure they must have existed. Just real rare; like a snake with legs. 😂

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Totally incredible. You brought smiles and tears to my face. Thank you.

Harvey8910Harvey8910over 1 year ago

This was a great story, and I can see how it is a break from the stories you usually write. I loved the story and Jeff was truly blessed to have Wendy in his life. I loved the note she left him in the end. Great job and a 5-star story for sure.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Very

Very good story.Nice to see one full of love from start to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lovely. Nice to see a story about true love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I’m crying as I write this I’d give anything to have felt the Iove and found a woman like Wendy hats off to her husband that’s what vows mean maybe I’ll find a Wendy thank u again so good to read this

billyswimsbillyswimsover 1 year ago

You are one hell of a writer. I broke down and cried. Best story I have read bar none

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A sad tale but very well written. Of course aging calls for loss of one’s normal health and also illnesses that often occur. Lives well lived and loved within the family. Thanks for sharing. *****.

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersabout 1 year ago

Still gets me, lovely story.

noreladnorelad12 months ago

Have yo been watching my life

All but the ending which is yet to come

Calico75Calico7511 months ago

Lovely story. A very nice change from all the cheating wives tales. Well written. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A heart warming story of a couple that truly loved each other, kept their vows without reservation and lived a life filled with love.

This, sadly, is something thst, all more often than not, is now gone with the wind.

Still, it felt really good to feel this type of story thst warmed my heart.

Thank you for this.

Danny.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A true Loving Wife story. Five shining stars. Very well presented.

JPB

inka2222inka222210 months ago

Wow, a LW story about actual loving wife. Wish could give it 10 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A true loving wife and husband story l thank you for writing this and would give it a thirty if possible. It shows that two people who truly love each other and have a marriage that is what it is supposed to be.

Unfortunatly it is not common these days owing to the selfishness of one or both partners. Thank you again for showing what can be.

parenthesisparenthesis9 months ago

I sure as hell hope you cried when you wrote this, because I did reading it.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This M/C went from a 2 to a 10.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Lovely. Empowering. Also sad. Summarizes life.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster18 months ago

Beautifully sad...

...and sadly beautiful !

Truly a 'Loving Wife' story... 5 stars worth !

Thank you gor writing this moving tale of love and loss of love... but not from cheating !

avp92117avp921177 months ago

*This* is the kind of story that I thought "Loving Wives" would be about. Thank you for writing this.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A lovely story.

KaeyoKaeyo6 months ago

Still one of your best.

Torsini71Torsini715 months ago

Your a great story teller! Loved this one!

Simon_MastersSimon_Masters4 months ago

Revisit....yup.....tears again.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

sooo LOVING so well written. you pull us into your story. we get to share the love and the grief. thank YOU

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A very sweet love story, but with little to no conflict, except with Marcy. Fout solid stars.

JPB

DuncanitaDuncanita4 months ago

Why are my cheeks wet???🤷🏼‍♂️

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I read it again after 15 days. I changed my mind. Now five stars

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A real tear jerker but being married 53 years now I know how he's feeling. It's nice to read a happy ending ina LW sory.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A Sad different but fantastic story You are still the best story writer I have read I am now over 2000 on LW A few come close BUT Mate you are the master Best wishes (jaybee186)

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban3 months ago

Yet another 5/5 effort. Hit me right in the feels! Well done!! BRB

SsacamSsacam3 months ago

Great story! Yoy are very talented with your imagination.

Ssa

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Lucky man to have had a second chance with a wonderful woman after the first one blew it. Very Well Done Sir!

willyk1212willyk12122 months ago

great thanks that the way women are when they are brought up in a good home tought right thanks

RustyReaderRustyReaderabout 2 months ago

Well done....heart and soul.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A genuine Loving Wife store. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

This is the way life is meant to be, the good and the bad. In sickness and in health, right?

All it takes is honour and honesty.

Mr SaddleTramp, this is about the best story of yours that I have read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Wonderful, moving story, ST, truly deserving of ten stars. Wendy was a truly beautiful soul in the truest sense of the word and her passing has me reaching for the box of tissues. Thank you for sharing this with us all.

JR

DesertRat8080DesertRat808022 days ago

Dad ending, I hope my marriage (of 40+byears) ends as happily as this one. Definitely not LW, belongs in Romance

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

Sad, but ultimately fulfilling. We can only be so lucky to have 50 years with our soulmate.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower12 days ago

A well-written and uplifting tale of love. Also a bit of a tear-jerker. Excellent job!

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine9 days ago

Good, sad story. The ending (the letter) was not what I was expecting. Being in the Loving Wives category, I halfway expected her to confess to an affair sometime during their marriage. I’m glad this wasn’t the case.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...

SIMILAR Stories