All Comments on 'Best Wife Ever'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 177 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Thanks

I liked reading about a real loving wife for a change.

Pac114manPac114manalmost 4 years ago
Wrong category

I would place this story in a Romance category than a loving wives.

No infidelity (except the husband first wife) was used in this story.

TajfaTajfaalmost 4 years ago

Lovely story that actually seemed more like real life than almost all other stories on lit. An easy 5 stars from me

Buck1974Buck1974almost 4 years ago
The best

This story was just out of this world. I still don’t know how you do it this one was just superb. I just can’t fault any bit of that story this one even brought me to tears and that is really really rare. The worst bit about this story was the bad memories that it brought back to me that was years ago . Still can’t sleep properly anymore but hey. Right back to your story yes this was clearly out of the ball park . This was superb but the biggest question is how are you going to beat this superb story. I very much doubt that you could. So anyway superb story hope to read another one soon .

skruff101skruff101almost 4 years ago

I hate these god dammed stories because it takes at least three or four times to read the final paragraphs when there’s water leaking out of my eyes.

A refreshing change from BTB and inane cuckold stories.

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 4 years ago

a rare couple indeed

waratahwaratahalmost 4 years ago
Bloody touching

Nice job.

BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 4 years ago
'Great story...it went straight to my heart.

I am typing this with tears in my eyes....I lost my wife of 50 years earlier this year. I know my wife was one of the best ever and I don't know how I will survive without her. Thanks for your story...it touched on so much of our lives too.

alfiemoon12alfiemoon12almost 4 years ago
wow

that was an easy five stars, i must be softer than i thought, thank you for a lovely story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

the mercy is station here in l.a. due to covid 19

penneydog55penneydog55almost 4 years ago
Fan-Bloody-Tastic

Fiction with a bloody strong clout of reality!...5 Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 4 years ago
Thank you for the good cry! 5*s

A wonderful love story!

danbo56danbo56almost 4 years ago
six +

Touching and romantic just goes to show it doesn't always have to be a BTB story

Brilliant if there had been more stars I would have given them to you as it is I have awarded it a six +

YouamiYouamialmost 4 years ago

WTF saddletramp! A hell of a tear jerker, at least for this reader. While nothing compared to the couple in your tale, I went through similar trauma with my wife after a rare cancer diagnosis. She passed in 2003 and I thought surely by now most of the painful memories had released their grip on me. It speaks to the power of your abilities as a writer that reading this made me remember both the good and not-so-good times me and my wife shared. Keep up the superlative writing, my friend. It is appreciated.

rublicksrublicksalmost 4 years ago
Damn you're good

Wonderful story ,just what the loving wives section should be all about

Dont_miss_meDont_miss_mealmost 4 years ago
Damn...

Onion cutting ninjas...

The Style GuyThe Style Guyalmost 4 years ago
Touching

ST1956 has a long list of top notch LW stories. This is among his best. *****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Losing your lifetime love is soul crushing

So well written.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 4 years ago

It made me cry at the end. I really, really would like you to write more stories like this. Damn. Just had to wipe my eyes to see my keyboard.

jimmyj57jimmyj57almost 4 years ago

Very touching in my opinion it must be mostly true or you are a very talented writher either way it had me from the first sentence. Thanks for sharing.

Hooked1957Hooked1957almost 4 years ago
Your best effort

Son of a gun, you can really write when you want to.

A story of an actual loving wife in LW? You, sir, are a wild man.

Full stars.

Hooked

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66almost 4 years ago

Thank you got this wonderful story, which brought tears to my eyes. Excellent research on Turner Syndrome.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Lucky Guy and Gal

This is what marriage is supposed to be about Love, Honor, Cherish, in Sickness and in Health and Forsaking all others. Too bad this is a rarity today. Great love story. Well done!

hotprof1973hotprof1973almost 4 years ago
Excellent story

I enjoy your btb tales more than anyone. Partly because they’re so out there and more fun than mean and because you are a skilled writer. This is another example showing you definitely have depth as a writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Best Wife

This is a very well written story. Enjoyed it very much and brought some of my own life into focus. thank you

PlanerguyPlanerguyalmost 4 years ago
Soulfull

This cut right to my soul. Great story!!!!

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 4 years ago
Maybe...

there really are relationships like this. I have a few friends who have been married over 50 years and they seem to have had long term good relationships, but you never know what goes on with people. There are so many divorces, my two among them. I wonder if there is a way to choose a mate and conduct a long, long term marriage. It seems so easy to screw it up. So we all dream of a marriage like this one, maybe without the physical travail they both went through. 5*

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 4 years ago
Wonderful

Unfortunately I have lived through this and lost my wife to cancer before our 9th anniversary. This was excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
very sad

Poor woman. Having all of those medical conditions for what appears to be most of her life and especially at a time of your life when you want to be free with your husband to travel, explore, etc. One operation after another.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great story

Thanks for writing it

KRD19254KRD19254almost 4 years ago

Well you sure did know how to hit my old memory button. My ship was at 32nd St. and my Nam days were in 74/75 - did 10yrs as PO1. My wife is a San Diegan - my neighbor in North Park 1/2-houses (x-WWII Officer housing). Her mother (battle-axe) a WWII nurse worked at Scrippts ER. Married in Balboa Park 41yrs ago. Will we make it to 50yrs doubtful since I just got the big C.

A very good story to jerk a tear from long past memories. 6*, hooyah, salute!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A truly loving wifes story

We need more stories like this in this category. I give it 5 stars only because they dont

have 6. Keep up this quality and you will have a huge fan base. Well done

moreandmoremoreandmorealmost 4 years ago
Nicely done

Sweet story

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoalmost 4 years ago
Very Moving

Thank you for writing this wonderful story

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

Great story! This should been in the Romance category.

5

Bebop3Bebop3almost 4 years ago

Lovely story. I just wish there was a "Loving Wives and Husbands" category.

fritz51fritz51almost 4 years ago

I had to start skimming the story at the end. It was so well written, but so incredibly sad. Real people go through these kinds of heart breaks. Well done ST.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Beautiful story

Of love, commitment, and promises kept. Very unlike Saddletramp’s usual fare, but heartening and much appreciated. Thank you!

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 4 years ago
I have figured out the glitch in comments

If you scroll through the comments and hit the more button on a comment before loading them all, you won’t be able to see all the comments, at least I can’t on my iPad. If I loa all of the comments first, I can see them.

KalimaxosKalimaxosalmost 4 years ago
Wow...an actual loving wife.

Good work as usual my friend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I guess you were trying to make a statement

Because this probably should have been in Romance. Calling this Loving Wives has always been rather odd, since it single out women for adultery but not men. Every other category is rather straightforward, but LW is tongue in cheek and ironic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I agree - Romance catagory.

It is a true statement, all great romances will end in tragedy. Watched a friend have to bury the love of his life taken from him far to soon. She was his second wife, his first would have fit in this category (except for the loving part, real shrew) who was never faithful to him. Who knows what causes people like that to marry.

His second wife he met at a dog park. She was also previously married to a man who was also a slut. Two good people who had the miss-fortune of meeting real trash before they met each other. However, they did meet and fall in love. They got only a few short years together. She became ill because a drug she was on damaged her kidneys, she needed emergency replacement and luckily a complete stranger came through and donated one of hers, without anything more than a thank you a real saint. She recovered, and lived on a few more years only to have the anti-rejection drugs aid in the growth of a very aggressive cancer. She did all that modern medicine could do and in the end, went to be with the Lord. A truly good woman that I miss as a friend more deeply than I ever thought possible. He was devastated, throwing himself into his work to the exclusion of all else. My family prays for him constantly. A good man who waits to be united with the love of his life.

COYSCOYSalmost 4 years ago
Thank you

This was a great story of real life. There are many people who are in love like this their whole lives. Remember, if almost 50% of couples divorce, then over 50% live till death do us part. Sometimes on this site we forget this. Thank you

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker60almost 4 years ago

That was a great story. Extremely touching. Good job. If there is any truth to the story, then I am so sorry for your tremendous loss. God bless you and your family.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
WELL DONE!

I thoroughly enjoy your writing. You have a great talent! Thank you for this story. I agree with others that this was heart wrenching as well as heart warming! Please keep up the excellent work!

cybojicybojialmost 4 years ago
Good writing

A very human story.5

Ironman52Ironman52almost 4 years ago
Great story again.

Still 5* and a nice change from BTB.

One nit: Nurses in the military are Officers and not NCOs but it really didn't distract...

Great love story with characters with integrity.

Ironman52Ironman52almost 4 years ago
Nit Correction

Sorry. I reread the first part That Wendy was a corpmen. I should have checked.

Please disregard my nit.

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 4 years ago
Different...

...story from you but very, very good. A true loving wife and a lifetime partnership we hear so little of these days. Well written and warming to read, thank you ST

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyalmost 4 years ago
Tet

Chinese New Year - January 31 - Tet Offensive happened in 1968.

recass1recass1almost 4 years ago
Touching

That was a true loving wife story while being incredibly sad it was also a great read. Thank you

johsunjohsunalmost 4 years ago

Good story, a tear jerker at the end, but after the set up at the beginning I was expecting that.

You still need to check for the difference in "ADVISE" - (ADD-VIZE" and "ADVICE" - (ADD-VICE). But it's a VERY small mistake - and a lot less of one than I would make if I wrote a story! But it's one you do a lot.

I've liked all your stories, this one included.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This would have gotten a 6

but since there are only 5 stars, that will have to do.

good story

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCyclealmost 4 years ago
Who are you, and what have you done with Saddletramp?

Great story, 5 stars

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyalmost 4 years ago

Quite a departure for you in this category, but it's excellent. 5*s

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 4 years ago
Sweet story

You had me crying you SOB, mascara is never waterproof:)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Has Saddletramp found his stride?

I have not enjoyed any of your stories before. Your over the top BTB stories are usually full of holes and silly.......however, this was a class A effort at real story telling. A big congratulations. You raised your own bar and I hope you continue to show your talent instead of pandering to a certain readership.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 4 years ago

Very nice romantic counterpoint to your fun stuff. Usually you leave me chuckling - Wendy and Jeff’s sweet story dampened my eyes. Thanks much. *****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Well done. Not erotic, . . .

but passionate, intimate, compelling, and arousing. A nice story of a good marriage, despite the setbacks and heart aches. Thank You.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilalmost 4 years ago

The "Tet Offensive" in Vietnam was entirely in 1968, not 1969. Egregious error.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilalmost 4 years ago

Sorry. Mea culpa, Mea culpa, Mea maxima Culpa

There was a separate 1969 Tet Offensive. I was way too quick to judge.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Asshole

Making me choke up and tear up like that. WTF?

Seriously, there's a made for tv movie or a the basis for a novel here. Damn good.

ARUSH65ARUSH65almost 4 years ago

Nice to have read it. Thank you ST

Tophat232Tophat232almost 4 years ago
Well Done!

We felt your love, pain and happiness. You are a talented communicator.

AloneTooLongAloneTooLongalmost 4 years ago

Lovely story

Made me cry

My husband died of esophageal cancer after 29 years together, it sucks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great story, well told!

I look forward to your postings. Unlike many (most?) stories posted here, yours have a clear ring of reality in which you unfold the human condition. All that, joined with fine technical detail -- vocabulary, grammar and syntax, careful editing, etc., -- make your stories "talk" to both the reader's heart and mind in a really basic way.

Incidentally, I was at the first Tet, in 1968, I think it started on January 31st. I do recall being roused out of bed near midnight to go fly. We were supposed to, in some way, "support the ground troops" but things were in such chaos, nobody seemed to know what that would mean. I think just having the sound of jets in the air was all we could do until things got sorted out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

First time I have ever given you 5* you need to forget your crazy shit and keep writing like this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good Story

Interesting and enjoyable with nice emotional content. Thanks.

You might consider that really good writers don't fall into lazy expressions or situations, 'shit-eating grin', 'I thought we raised her better than that', 'his face paled' (really? Seems highly unlikely!), Wendy dated him twice but he was a well-known asshole (tells us something about Wendy?) etc. etc.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great read

It’s so nice to just read a nice storey for a change . Thankyou

GrandPaMGrandPaMalmost 4 years ago

Now THIS is a REAL BTB (Bless That Beauty) story!

Excellent on all points.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowalmost 4 years ago

Erotica is not supposed to make you cry. No crying... I'm not crying, you're crying!

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Had tears in my eyes at the end.. Thank you for such a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Your first real story.

A little to much sex in this story. Plus she was a officer in the navy that entitled her to free health car. And the daughter joined the navy as a doctor ,those medical school costs are astronomical today. The navy would have covered her if she went in to be a doctor. Other than that one of your best writing without political B.S. added. You definitely improved on this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
shoulda, woulda needta give this story ten stars.

I have always liked your writing and your stories but this one hit home. Very good story. I personally am half way to 50 with my Wendy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Uh!

During the period where Wendy didn’t want to have intercourse with her husband, she still had two hands, a mouth and an ass! She could still satisfy her husband sexually!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Note to Anon...

You obviously don't know anything about being married to a woman with Turners. If her hormones are off she's not going to have any desire to do anything. I know. I've been married to a woman like that for 20 years. We're constantly checking her hprmone and thyroid level and there's times when she just doesn't have any desire at all. Learn about something before you spout off like an idiot. ST did a very good job of describing life with a woman who has Turners. It's not easy..

Also, a Chief Petty Officer is an enlisted ranl, not an officer.

So much ignorance on display here.

Thanks, ST. 5*.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 4 years ago
Once again

Thanks for a great story. My wonderful wife of almost 36 years has dementia that is slowly taking her away from me. It sucks. Growing old is not for sissies.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Awesome!!!!

I love reading about wonderful, FAITHFUL wives!!! Too bad there's not enough out there... I can put up with health, low libido problems in a woman ( as long as she trys to keep me satisfied). I can NEVER abide with cheating, emotional or physical.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
WELL WORTH 10 STARS.......

Maybe more. After all, this is loving wives right? There should be another category called "cheap, cheating skank whores" for most of the crap on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Quite

Quite a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Lovely sensitive story

Written with care per disabling effects of war, of long-underlying conditions, of new health concerns. All through, a loving marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Thank you

Life sucks sometimes. We cannot avoid the bad times. We can strive to make things perfect. But they never are. This story is what life should be. Every so often something grabs you. It’s emotional and heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. I’m in my late fifties. I still hope that someday I can find this kind of love and faithfulness before I die. Fiction or not, my day is different because of this story. Thank you.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobalmost 4 years ago
Excellent

I loved the story of a truly loving wife.

Apple_of_EdenApple_of_Edenalmost 4 years ago
WARNING: This will be a very long comment.

Hello ST,

I've veered away from the LW's category since I came to Lit. I remember initially thinking, "Wow, that is a mean group of readers and comments." (No offense, readers.) I believe I've only read one other story in this category before. However, I had an idea about writing a story and it may fall into the LW genre. I was hoping to get a sample of the type of story that did well...I chose this one...so glad I did because I greatly enjoyed the read. Though, like a few other readers, I'm not sure this the "norm" for this section.

My goal was to read one or two stories and get an idea of the subject matter. I saw your newly posted story, but when I started to read it, it didn't grab me. I ended up looking over your list of stories and was amazed by the number of LW's stories you've written. I figured if you've written so many, and a number of them have the little red H, I'd look through your titles/descriptions and see if one was more to my liking. I read the title, "Best Wife Ever," and thought, this is the story to read.

I'm so glad I chose this story, though it's not exactly what I pictured in this category of stories. I enjoyed it from the first sentence to the last. And I, like a few others who commented, found myself with a few tears as I read the ending. I loved the letter she left. I loved the relationship they had and how you presented it. I also appreciated that you presented them as a team, working together, and showed the love and life they built together as partners. I'm not sure this is a clear example of a LW's story, but it was a great story and I'm thankful it was the one I chose to read.

Thank you for sharing your writing with us. And thanks for this story in particular. Maybe one day you'll read a story of mine in LW...and then again, maybe not! LOL

Apple_of_Eden

p.s. Of course I gave your story a 5 star rating. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
corny american...

sorry about that.

cliches galore. feel good topics everywhere. one star.

can´t stand this usa patriot shit.

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 4 years ago
Love & Laughs

Love the story, saccharine though it may be. Nice every once in a while to have a real Loving Wife in a story. Meanwhile, gotta laugh at the comments from those either grossly uninformed, just plain stupid, or both.

Keep 'em comin'.

racfguyracfguyalmost 4 years ago
To Anonymous 07/04/2020

". . . can't stand the 'USA Patriot' shit?" Then why don't you take your sorry ass somewhere else. Go to China, Russia or Venezuela and see just how long you survive there. You certainly wouldn't be mouthing off anonymously in those places.

The 'USA Patriot shit' is the exact reason you allowed to make ignorant comments - it's called the First Amendment, you moron.

/s/ a PROUD USA PATRIOT

RacfGuy, Brigadier General (Retired) USAF

racfguyracfguyalmost 4 years ago
Saddletramp

Thanks for your story. Very well done. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

So.... racfguy is what your parents named you... it's how the military kept your records... newsflash... everyone here is anonymous... you guys are a hot mess... but this anon nonsense... fits right in with the American attitude in almost everything... us vs "them"... while you're running around calling others "morons"... anyone but a moron would understand that in America you don't have freedom... you have the illusion of freedom... and we black people don't even have that... the same tactics you decry in other countries we blacks undergo here in the good ole US of A... you people are brainwashed to the nth degree... there's a reason the entire world hates you...

-jaye-

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Saddletramp, somehow I missed this story when it was first posted. This was a great, moving story that is much different from anything you've done previously. I love a really good Living Wives story like this one, as they are very rare here.

Previous anon comments, what the he'll are you trying to say in that incoherent comment? Black people who don't have freedom aren't able to run wild, and loot and burn without consequences. In a third world country, your corpses would be rotting in the streets. You have no idea how blessed your are.. Eventually, the rioters will try to play their sick games with people who stand up to them and refuse to watch their homes and businesses burn. Then BLM and Antifa will be dealt with as they deserve.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@Anonymous Re: racfguy - The point you miss, is that while we are indeed all anonymous, you could easily reply to racfguy, because there is only one, while there are hundreds, if not thousands of Anonymous, which makes an exchange of ideas kludgy, at best.

It's not difficult to get an ID, and if you're worried about giving out your email address, it's easy to get an alternate email for setting up your Lit account.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago

So very different from what we normally read here. It places all the rest in perspective. This was lovely. Thank you.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 3 years ago

Sweet story. 5 stars.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 3 years ago

In a time where Variant has taken on a whole new place in our vocabulary I am glad to see this story very different from your usual theme and style. I hope it made you feel as good writing it as it did me for reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Thank you

My wife of fifty one years died from lung cancer in May 2020. Because of covid 19 I was not allowed to be with her. I just discovered yesterday that I have a voicemail message from her that I can listen to. I miss her with all my heart, but I will move on. Thanks for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Can I be allowed into your universe?

I have been following you for a few years. I've read all your stories. This one has been my favorite. Just wanted you to know!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I loved this story. I actually found tears in my eyes, but I'm bit of a romantic any way

I loved this story it even brought a tear to my eye, but I'm a romantic

Thank you this off beat story I wish I had a wife lime that.

God bless you. PS the tat offensive was in 1968. I was in Nam

At the time

jackcaljackcalabout 3 years ago

This story thoughunusual for you and I've read them all was by far the best I've read in literotica,

Kryms1nKryms1nabout 3 years ago

This broke my heart a little at the end </3 overall it was very sweet though

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I liked it very much - I am retired Navy - We were married before I entered the Navy (to stay out of the draft) - I liked what I was doing - Saw the opportunity for advancement - the idea of 20 year retirement sounded good. My wife was with me approx. 18 of the 21 years I served. she passed away right at 48 years of being married, plus 5 years of going together while in school,

she passed away rather rapidly, after being "not feeling well" for about six month. She saw her doctor during this period of time, with nothing in general wrong with her. We met Christmas Day 1948 (she was in 8th grade and I was a freshman in High School, we broke up in 1951 - got back together the same year - married in 1954, and children in 1957 boy- 1960 girl - 1963 boy and 1966 girl. With all those numbers having a "3" connection - we were married 48 years when she was taken to the Emergency room on the 18th, died on the 21st, and buried on the 24th. I missed her very much the next day - and every day since...(If I had a $1 for each tear shed since her passing I could almost pay off the National debt (not quite all but a good bit of it)

G.W.W

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...

SIMILAR Stories